• PipPipPip
  • 1171 posts
  • OverNeko, Hikariful
  • DN, Westwood
  • ColosseumKnight

Posted 30 December 2016 - 06:40 PM

My personal skill build (:])

https://dnskillsim.h...--0------0---00

Edited by XxXh0lic, 30 December 2016 - 06:41 PM.

#3 CNK

CNK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 01:05 AM

View PostXxXh0lic, on 30 December 2016 - 06:40 PM, said:

I have some questions if you don't mind answering them

1) Is changing gear completely useless in 1v1? And does the damage transfer work without having the skill? Even though you won't ever get a fully charge hit the extra damage on the two attacks in a combo can add up.
2) Why get overclock?
3) Why don't you max beyond the wall for the damage increase?
4) Doesn't leap over EX add a longer ending animation making it harder to continue a combo?

#4 PawHammer

PawHammer

• 1126 posts
  • PawMimi
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Dreamfarer

Posted 31 December 2016 - 03:40 AM

View PostCNK, on 31 December 2016 - 01:05 AM, said:

4) Doesn't leap over EX add a longer ending animation making it harder to continue a combo?
3) Beyond the wall does not give a damage increase, it transforms a certain % of your physical attack into physical defense. The skill description has a typo on it, and this is why it seems it's good for that. It's a must max in pve, but I don't know about pvp, so I will just correct you on your mistake.

4) I'm guessing damage increase + damage reduction + initial spin. Not sure tho.

#5 XxXh0lic

XxXh0lic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1171 posts
  • OverNeko, Hikariful
  • DN, Westwood
  • ColosseumKnight

Posted 31 December 2016 - 11:26 AM

View PostCNK, on 31 December 2016 - 01:05 AM, said:

I have some questions if you don't mind answering them

1) Is changing gear completely useless in 1v1? And does the damage transfer work without having the skill? Even though you won't ever get a fully charge hit the extra damage on the two attacks in a combo can add up.
2) Why get overclock?

1. It's my personal preference since I don't like how slow it is and the delay at the end can only be remedied with Duck. It messes up my combos but feel free to add if you wish. Lastly, yes. Damage transfer does work even without Charging Gear.
2. Overclock gives you extra Agi whenever you accumulate Steam (from Air Shove or BTW). Basically it boosts your Physical Attack even if slightly. The new revamp also boosts the Agi gain from 1% to 1.7%.
3. PawHammer already explained it.
4. Foot Stomp or Taunting Blow after Leap Over is a guaranteed hit if your reflexes are fast enough. I mainly use Leap Over on walls because the skill damage and inherited damage are both great. The latter would occasionally hit 10k when it crits in Comp On.

Edited by XxXh0lic, 01 January 2017 - 01:40 AM.

#6 Iphie

Iphie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:22 PM

Hello! What plates to use in pvp?
Is it just me or Defensio is hard to play on group pvp?

#7 XxXh0lic

XxXh0lic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1171 posts
  • OverNeko, Hikariful
  • DN, Westwood
  • ColosseumKnight

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:38 PM

View PostIphie, on 24 April 2017 - 08:22 PM, said:

Hello! What plates to use in pvp?
Is it just me or Defensio is hard to play on group pvp?

Your priority should be Repair CD and Kidney Blow ASPD. Repair is a very great skill. It can save you and could provide a good counter against your enemy. However, it has a 50 secs CD in PvP which is far too long. With CD plate, it goes down to 40 secs and with its inherent ability to reduce all skill cooldown by 7 secs when used, it now stands at 33 secs. It's a must. Kidney Blow has extremely high SAB. It could break every SA there is except maybe for Maelstrom Howl but the starting animation is a little slow and given its SAB is spread in different hits, people might be able to counter or escape it. ASPD plate eliminates that threat and makes Kidney Blow a surefire catch if the enemy is close enough and it also catches airborne skills like Gladiator's Aerial Combo and Counter Exile or Acrobat's Counter Ring Shot or Lancea's Piercing Spikes. Basically, it's a very valuable skill so you should invest on it.

The rest is up to you.

And yes, Defensio is indeed hard to use in group pvp because her AoE is very small.

Edited by XxXh0lic, 24 April 2017 - 11:40 PM.

#8 PawHammer

PawHammer

• 1126 posts
  • PawMimi
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Dreamfarer

Posted 26 April 2017 - 07:53 AM

I'm no pvp expert, but defensio does have its uses in pvp groups due to her mobility and tankyness. I personally find her abilities allow for causing disruption (some SEA player told me about that and it's damn right) on the enemy team and may make them lose focus on the real fight. On top of that, if they happen to ignore you, the damage you can throw with taunting blow is huge. I more often than not don't blow it up so the enemies always have that worry that it might go off any second (and if they don't know much about fensio they will be like "what's this red mark on my head" or "you cheater, it blew up from across the map").

If you play respawn, defensio also has that chance to escape at really low HP and come back half HP or full, which makes her very powerful when fighting in a large group where you can cause a lot of damage and then retreat and let your teammates finish people off.

#9 CryCryCryzlle

CryCryCryzlle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:35 PM

well defensio on pvp already has edge compared to classes with low super armor, but nevertheless dont contest mercs while casting skills with high SA break ( esp destroyers).

tips:
- max lariat ( for pure pvp players)
- dont charge with flyby, it has little to no SA( can be fliched even with swordies Brave)
- do the "floating cat" ( get someone to teach you that, cuz u can hangtime 10 seconds with that; ruina doesnt have it)
- when you Repair, always follow up with lariat so u have enough iframe to survive( useful on escaping ML's whirlwind)