• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • moonXholy
  • DN, Holywood
  • Vices

Posted 02 January 2017 - 07:04 PM

Introduction:
   Ever since the awakening patch for clerics and academics came out in DN KR, I was so excited about the awakening saint. I always dream of having  my Saint do decent damage while supporting. When I watched the trailer, I knew from the moment i saw the skill animations, Saint will turn to a semi-dps support class! That's why I started to gear up my Saint as early as August! But ironically, I end up being busy and needed to completely stop playing from November to December 2016 and never had the chance to test it out when the patch came out here in SEA (T.T). I really dont have much time to play so I figured, why not make my own guide so when i come back being active, i'll just have to visit my own guide to refresh my knowledge about this class (:>). This may or may not work for you but consider it as my opinion and summary for the new awakened Saint.

Lets Start with my Skill Build:
Posted Image

- To be honest, my skill build doesn't have much difference with others due to high skill point limitations as we now have to max holy burst, grand cross, and Lightning Relic. The last remaining skill point, I will leave that to you, but I recommend the Dive Kick.

I. KNOWING THE IMPORTANT SKILLS

Buff Skills :

Defensive Buffs

• Aura Restoration - 300s Party Buff, increase Max HP and Recovery by 20%.
  • Protection Shell - 20s Party Buff, Magical & Physical Dmg reduced by 30%

Offensive Buffs

• Blessing of Light - 180s Self Buff, Increase Light Attck by 20% & Light Def by 24%
  • Striking - 180s Self Buff, Increase Physical & Magic Attck by 27%
Relics :
  • Lightning Relic [Awakened]  - DPS
  • Healing Relic EX- HP & MP Recovery
  • Cure Relic EX - Removes Debuffs & gives 15% movement speed
  • Bind Relic - EX Restrict Movements & Dmg received by enemies increased by 20%
  • Miracle Relic - Dmg Reduction
Offensive Skills :
  • Shock Relic (SoR)

• Antiphona Pool

• [Holy Burst [Awakened]

• Lightning Relic [Awakened]

• Blessed Sign

• Grand Cross [Awakened]

- this is the approximate ranking of Awakened Saint's DPS skills

Support Skills :
  • Great Heal [Awakened] - our main healing skill
  • Heal - Party Heal 3% of Max HP within 4meters: i like to call this  "Emergency Heal"
  • Block - 18x Block for 20s (self buff)
  • Holy kick - make sure to make this skill LV6, very helpful for pushing objects.
Class Mastery:

I. Intellect increases by 50%. Movement Speed increases by 30% for 5s when a Relic skill is used.

II. When Holy Burst is used, Light Attack increases by 10% for 20s.

Awakened Skills:
  • Holy Burst [Passive]
  • Grand Cross [Passive]
  • Lightning Relic [Passive]
  • Great Heal [Passive]
  • Antiphona Pool
  • Blessed Sign
II. GETTING TO KNOW THE SKILLS

- in this section, I'm gonna show you some of the skills that have been changed and updated from the patch (not gonna show the before and after tho). I would like to cover all the skills on the list above but most of them are self explanatory so lemme just point out some that caught my attention. Lets start with the Class Mastery;

Class Mastery:

The Class Mastery I  gives us 5% movement speed boost for 5s everytime we summon a Relic. And Class Mastery II gives us 10% light attack when Holy Burst skill is used!!! - if we use our common sense, it would be better if we use holy burst first so the next attack will have additional 10% light attack boost!!

Grand Cross [Saint Bubble System]:

-Antiphona Pool Vs Healing Relic EX

I have no idea why they even put a bubble system for saint. It takes ridiculous amount of time to make use of it! Oh well, The only idea for the saint's bubble system is to give you a choice whether to use the fully collected bubbles for

Offense[Antiphona Pool] or Support[Healing Relic EX]. To get saint bubbles, just use Antiphona Pool and or Grand Cross. The video will show your how to make use of the Saint Bubble.

Awakened Lightning Relic:

Believe it or not, this is the skill i was so excited about! Finally! Say "goodbye" to that Lightning Relic EX - Striking - [left click] pattern to summon mini Lightning relics! Awakened LR EX automatically summons 3 mini lightning relics! If you are a SoR spammer, you should know that the LR EX + mini gives us burst damage. These two skills are like partners in crime! Lets take a look and see how to properly use these mini LRs;

Awakened Great Heal:

"Great Heal" as we know it, the reason why Saint class was made, "to heal those injured". Too bad, the range of the skill now has been reduced to 7meters. The good thing now is that it has a recovery buff, and correct me if I'm wrong, it now has a faster casting time and iFrame (if not iFrame then the skill was made not to be easily interrupted by any attacks, in short; super armor). The skill description in game explained it crystal clear but lets take a look at it.

The Range of Support Skills:

Healing Relic

Posted Image

-we know from that patch note that Great heal and Healing Relic's range has been reduced to 7meters. So if we think about it, that's also the range of our Great Heal, take a look at this picture:

Great Heal

Posted Image

-wow, that's exactly the same distance!

Cure Relic

Posted Image

-now we know that our cure relic's kinda have longer range than healing relic, we now know that we can summon this relic further away so the boss wont be able to destroy it easily and make use of it to its fullest.

III. BUILDING UP

I don't really want to dig into this that much coz' its pretty much a personal choice whether you want to built a so-so saint or a god-like saint. So, how to build a decent Saint? -before, it was easy, just get a good amount of HP, Defense, and Magical Def then you're done. But now that our Saint has awakened, the door to provide decent damage is now open.

Main Stats:
  • HP - why not!
  • Intellect - for Magic Attack and M.def! just keep pumping INT.
Optional Stats:
  • VIT - additional HP and Def.
  • Light Attack - additional damage
  • Final Damage - ........if you have the money

-INT based characters are naturally born with high mDef so dont waste time increasing your mDef.

Full Support Saint - The idea is to focus on supporting the team while being able to tank some deadly attacks. They say, "A party with a dead saint is a dead party" since this a support build, we will have to focus more on summoning relics which makes us an open target when casting the skill.

Enhancement Heraldry

• Intellect
  • Life Vitality
  • Health
  • tent
  • Iron Wall
  • Magic Attack
  • Defence
  • Fatal or Anything

3rd stats may be INT or VIT.  if low budget, get def (not mdef) as 3rd stats.

Skill Plate Heraldry

• Cure Relic CD
  • Bind Relic CD
  • Healing Relic CD
  • Miracle Relic CD
  • Holy Kick (action speed) - remove Miracle Relic if you're going to an 8man nest where u need to move objects during mechanics.

Talisman

• 200% - Intellect and Magic
  • 175% - Life Vit and Health
  • 125% - Tent and Iron wall
  • 100% - Wind and Fatal

Equipments, Accessories, and Jades:

The Jade set up is very general;
INT and VIT(Health) for Armors, Necklace, and Earrings. Magic Attack for Weapons & Rings

Skill Jades For Level 80 Equipments:

• Head - Tree of Life
  • Upper - Adamantine/Mending
  • Lower - Adamantine/Mending
  • Gloves - Adamantine/Mending
  • Shoes - Adamantine/Mending
  • Wand - Starlight
  • Shield - Starlight/Hazard

Equipments from Best to Budget

• Full IDN-L set

• Full RDN-L set

• Full IDN-U set (INT stats on Armors)

• Evolved Coma/Nightmare

• Level 93 Epic Set (not recommended, Please! Cmon')

Accessories From Best to Budget Combinations

• 2pcsGenesis Rings, Genesis Necklace, IDN-L Earrings (INT type)

• 2pcsRDN-L Rings, RDN-L Necklace, Skill Cyan/Aaron Earrings(INT type, Heal Skill)

• 2pcsSkill Cyan/Aaron Rings (Magic+VIT type, SoR&Grand Cross skill),
    Skill Cyan/Aaron Necklace (INT type, Holy Burst), Skill Cyan/Aaron Earrings (Heal Skill)

• Level 93 Epic: 2pcs Magic Rings (with INT), Intellec Earrings, (dont think about getting a necklace of this kind, like "NO!"....grrr if u insist, Healthy with Mattack but please change it and choose from the list above)

-you might be thinking "what the heck!? Why are IDN-L and RDN-L listed?!". Oh If you dont know, your saint is awakened, your heal now is based on your magic attack! the more the Magic attack you have, the Higher the chance of healing your team mates to their full health, Especially the main Tank.

DPS - Support Build : I really feel disappointed coz most people still dont know how big could awakening saint help in terms of DPS. Most of the time, they tell me not to dps coz it causes them lag and i am like "what the heck, that's not my problem!" well, whenever they tell me not to dps, I show them my DMG meter and they're like "Okay, do whatever you want". So just a piece of advise, always start your dmg meter!  

Whenever I party with DPS class with an approximate equal gears, I always do 50-70% of their total Damage and sometimes I do more than they do if they're crappy players. Take note that this build is only for the people who are willing to spend their gold/dnp/cash!

Enhancement Heraldry

• Intellect
  • Life Vitality
  • Magic Attack
  • Fatal
  • Health
  • Ultimate
  • Attack
  • Concentration

3rd stats may be INT or Final Damage.

Skill Plate Heraldry

• Shock Relic Dmg

• Bind Relic CD (useful in IDN raid @S3 phase1 to stop the Punisher)

• Lightning Relic CD

• Holy Burst Dmg

• Cure Relic CD

choose whichever you prefer. I personally use the first 4 plates when i only do solo or 4man.
Use Cure Relic CD plate when doing 8man, remove Bind relic CD.

Extra 3slots Plates:

• Limitation
  • Iron Wall
  • Wind (if only you're lacking the crit otherwise, No)
  • Bind Relic CD
  • Healing Relic CD
  • Holy Kick (action speed)

choose any combination. i would personally choose the skill plates to boost my support gaming.

Talisman

• 200% - Ultimate and Intellect
  • 175% - Magic and Wind
  • 125% - Fatal and Health
  • 100% - Life Vit and Iron wall

2nd Stats should be intellect

Equipments, Accessories, and Jades:

The Jade set up is very general;
INT and VIT(Health) for Armors, Necklace, and Earrings. Legend Grade Light for Weapons & Rings

Skill Jades For Level 80 Equipments:

• Head - Tree of Life
  • Upper - Adamantine/Mending
  • Lower - Adamantine/Mending
  • Gloves - Adamantine/Mending
  • Shoes - Adamantine/Mending
  • Wand - Starlight
  • Shield - Starlight/Hazard

Equipments:

• Full IDN-L set

• Full RDN-L set

Accessories

• 2pcsGenesis Rings, Genesis Necklace, IDN-L Earrings (INT type)

• 2pcsRDN-L Rings, RDN-L Necklace, IDN-L Earrings (INT type)

• RDN-L Ring, Skill Aaron (MagicAttack+Light Type, SoR skill), RDN-L Necklace and Earrings.

-No budget set, Duh!?!?! and btw, i kinda dont really recommend Abyss Earrings coz its only for pure Damage. I really prefer the IDN-L earrings (INT type) coz' it gives FD and Mattack (which will boost up our Healing Powers LOL). Still, your choice.
IV.GAME PLAY

Preparation:

• Familiarize your members IGN and looks so you can easily identify and make haste to the one that needs heal.
  • make an agreement with everyone, tell them to press F1 if they need heal so you can make your way to them.
  • make a plan with your sub heal in the team.Ask him to notify us like presing F1 if his heal is ready. Always try to save up our own Great Heal.
  • tell everyone that you're gonna play a Dps/Full support so your relics might be near/far from the boss.

Lemme give u a clue on how far from the boss should your relics be if you want to play dps in IDN;

Posted Image

-if want to do a full support, might as well put the relics further away. oh and if u dont know, you should place your relics on one place/spot, it will help a lot for your team mates to move freely everywhere. But Cure Relic is an exception, you may put this away far enough to be safe from the boss and far enough to reach your team mates (Cure Relic is as important as Great Heal).

Skill Rotation - this one is actually a personal choice but here's mine;

Lightning Relic - *BindRelic - HolyBurst - Shock Relic - Anthipona Pool - Blessed Sign - Grand Cross.

*Note: before using HolyBurst or ShockRelic, make sure to summon the Lightning Relic first then any relics but preferably the Bind Relic. -this is to give the mini lightning relics time to spawn

After the Rotation, Summon available Relics then Rebuff [ Aura Restoration ,Blessing of Light, and Striking ]. Try to save your Protection Shell and dont spam it, I usually use protection shell whenever there's an incoming deadly attack at the team.

Here is my Game Play in IDN abyss 8man;

For IDN, you can see that in S1, this is where our DPS shines most. S2 and S3, we'll need to focus on support. Me and my friend guard practiced to sync our playstyle especially in S1, you can see that my relics are perfectly placed enough to make a path on his rotation and enough to reach for holy burst and SoR.

Here's my DPS in S1 from the vid

Posted Image

Yikes! there you have it! My guide. i wouldn't say its done, I'm planning to update this as soon as I discover something new. Please feel free to ask questions, put comments and suggestions.
Thanks!!!!! - moonXholy from Holywood server, Vices (Guild). (:])

Edited by mOonXsLaSh, 13 January 2017 - 05:08 PM.

#2 mOonXsLaSh

mOonXsLaSh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • moonXholy
  • DN, Holywood
  • Vices

Posted 02 January 2017 - 07:04 PM

reserved

#3 zuyi

zuyi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2888 posts
  • zuyi
  • Hermit's Village

Posted 02 January 2017 - 07:26 PM

Nice guide, I'll just nitpick a bit on the DPS aspect

DPS - Support Build : this is what a saint should be! This is a concept of multitasking. Supporting the team while drafting a formidable attack!

Enhancement Heraldry

• Intellect
  • Life Vitality
  • Magic Attack
  • Fatal
  • Wind
  • Ultimate
  • Attack
  • Concentration
  • Limitation (in Extra 3 slot if afford)
  • Health (in Extra 3 slot if afford)
  • Iron Wall (in Extra 3 slot if afford)

DPS Saints shouldn't use Wind/Fatal plates, Crit should be capped without that for 90 content for sure, even 93 is easy.

Ideal Stats for:

• Average Players - must have at least 2.8m HP, 150k mAttack, 4k FD, and 60%light attack.
  • Above Avarage players - must have at least 2.8m HP, 180k mAttack, 5kFD, and 60%light attack.
  • Rich kid - must have at least 2.8m HP, 250k mAttack, 6.3kFD, and 60%light attack.

You need to rediscover the definition of richkid, lmao.

I have 315k MAtk and 80%+ Light in town using a +10 Evo NM Wand and +9 RDNU Shield, those stats are way too shetty for a richkid. Also DPS Saints don't need 2.8m HP, 2m is more than enough.

Skill Plate Heraldry

• Shock Relic Dmg
  • Bind Relic CD
  • Lightning Relic CD
  • Holy Burst Dmg
  • Cure Relic CD (i only use this for IDN 8man - swap with Holy Burst)

I would remove Bind Relic CD in a 8man raid, it's the most redundant skill there is. Cure CD, LR CD, SoR Dmg/CD (at high FD, CD gives way better results than Dmg) and HB Dmg would be my plates of choice. Debuffs don't stack anymore and almost all classes have 20% Damage debuff, Bind as a debuff is only useful on mechanics with several minions as it has an AoE effect. It doesn't require a CD plate unless you're solo'ing contents. The real switch should be between Bind CD (solo) and Cure CD (raids/parties).

Talisman

• 200% - Ultimate and Intellect
  • 175% - Magic and Fatal
  • 125% - Wind and Life Vit
  • 100% - Health and Iron wall

2nd Stats may be intellect or Final Damage

• 175% - Magic and Wind (Agi talis gives more critical than Fatal for any class, and Saints have 1:7 Agi:Crit ratio)
  • 125% - Health and Fatal (Health talis = VIT stat, Life Vit talis = Max HP stat. VIT > Max HP)
  • 100% - Life Vit and Iron Wall (can actually replace Iron Wall with Limitation but lol 3k crit dmg not much difference anyway)
2nd Stat may only be Int. Final Damage extra stat on talisman is an utter waste of resources and incorrect form of gearing.

Anyway other than those few points about DPS, which isn't even a Saint's main job to be honest, nicely written guide.

#4 mOonXsLaSh

mOonXsLaSh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • moonXholy
  • DN, Holywood
  • Vices

Posted 02 January 2017 - 09:17 PM

I have 315k MAtk and 80%+ Light in town using a +10 Evo NM Wand and +9 RDNU Shield, those stats are way too shetty for a richkid. Also DPS Saints don't need 2.8m HP, 2m is more than enough.
-errr. maybe im outdated with stats. oh well, i think to reach 300k mAtk and 80%light, u must have 3 genesis acce and abyss earrings... welp, you're right.

The real switch should be between Bind CD (solo) and Cure CD (raids/parties).
i guess you're right. i was actually thinking of IDN when writing this. Bind Relic CD plate is very useful for the punisher in S3 p1 so kinda got confused there. maybe imma further check on it.

• 175% - Magic and Wind (Agi talis gives more critical than Fatal for any class, and Saints have 1:7 Agi:Crit ratio)
  • 125% - Health and Fatal (Health talis = VIT stat, Life Vit talis = Max HP stat. VIT > Max HP)
  • 100% - Life Vit and Iron Wall (can actually replace Iron Wall with Limitation but lol 3k crit dmg not much difference anyway)

this is absolutely right. omg i wasn't looking at my talisman set up when writing this down, i was actually thinking of heraldry set up when i wrote this. gonna update this now..

Thank you so much for the fast feedback. (<3)

#5 zuyi

zuyi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2888 posts
  • zuyi
  • Hermit's Village

Posted 02 January 2017 - 09:24 PM

View PostmOonXsLaSh, on 02 January 2017 - 09:17 PM, said:

i guess you're right. i was actually thinking of IDN when writing this. Bind Relic CD plate is very useful for the punisher in S3 p1 so kinda got confused there. maybe imma further check on it.

I agree with Bind being a very good skill in clutch situations for Punisher. The reason why I still don't use it is basically because I expect the Phys in my party to control the punisher and bind in case there's a bit of down-time between two waxes and bubble bubbles, but yeah that is more of a party management issue. Just that if I was going to DPS Saint in IDN my pick of plates would be 3 dps related plates + Cure CD while if it was a pure support build I'd go with Cure CD, Bind CD, HR CD, MR CD.

I guess the skill plates of choice for a DPS Saint depend on the party circumstances too so they can be slightly different for everyone.

P.S.: Yeah I have all 3 gen acce + abyss earring but well since the last category was "rich kid" :P

P.S.S.: Also, saying it again, well we're just discussing the DPS aspect of a class whose main focus in a party should never be DPS anyway so there's a lot of variables every individual should keep in mind for their own respective parties anyway.

Edited by zuyi, 02 January 2017 - 09:25 PM.

#6 mOonXsLaSh

mOonXsLaSh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • moonXholy
  • DN, Holywood
  • Vices

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:33 AM

Added few information such as the Range of healing relic, Great Heal, cure relic in pictures.. also added my recommended equipments and accessories.

i will soon update the game play section and put more details into it once i have free time. (oo;)

#7 MrKiddy

MrKiddy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • MikaListe
  • DN, Springwood
  • Salvatore

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:11 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=TkoAageNYMo

idn run for fun as dps saint. have fun watching :D

#8 zuyi

zuyi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2888 posts
  • zuyi
  • Hermit's Village

Posted 12 February 2017 - 11:35 AM

bump.

P.S., Great Heal's range was increased back to 30m recently.

#9 iuhgnehz

iuhgnehz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:07 AM

Saint is a dps... done with random pub (some of which kept dc, the run took 47min i think), I hit 120b or so

Posted Image

around 80% light, 390k magic attack, 250-260%cri dmg (can't remember), full fd and cri

Edited by iuhgnehz, 13 February 2017 - 09:08 AM.

#10 zuyi

zuyi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2888 posts
  • zuyi
  • Hermit's Village

Posted 13 February 2017 - 02:51 PM

^ that DPS should be in a 39 minute run if you did 120b

Edited by zuyi, 13 February 2017 - 02:51 PM.

#11 iuhgnehz

iuhgnehz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 03:32 PM

View Postzuyi, on 13 February 2017 - 02:51 PM, said:

^ that DPS should be in a 39 minute run if you did 120b

oops maybe i remember the time wrongly..  haha will double check again i got the damage screenshot too should be between 120 to 130 b..

#12 HurriDANCE

HurriDANCE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5180 posts
  • I'm your
  • DN, Springwood
  • Tempest

Posted 13 February 2017 - 04:18 PM

One question tho.
How does the tool tip of blessed sign works?
It says something like, the closer to holy thing the higher the damage, sort of.

#13 NeroShadow

NeroShadow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:21 PM

View PostHurriDANCE, on 13 February 2017 - 04:18 PM, said:

One question tho.
How does the tool tip of blessed sign works?
It says something like, the closer to holy thing the higher the damage, sort of.

I've just done some tests in BTG. The results are :

330M when I'm standing against the boss.
321M when I'm standing on the bleu area which resets your CD

This 2.7% gap can easily be explained by the fact that you don't always hit with the same m.atk and neither do you always crit. Still, in order to reduce to the minimum the influence of the chance, I unequipped my engravings and my skill jades and recorded 10 blessed signs for each.

Conclusion : It seems that the amount of damage output doesn't vary according to the distance.

PS: I was too lazy to upload the screenshots but if you ask for them, I can upload them. ^^

Edited by NeroShadow, 22 February 2017 - 09:17 PM.

#14 iPoncee

iPoncee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Zetheous
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:33 PM

Greetings,

I need confirmation. As a support Saint, it's better to use Magician Jades than Light Jades in order to enhance heal from Enhanced Healing Relic via Saint Bubble. Am I right? Thanks

#15 rikolero

rikolero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3877 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:53 PM

Yes

#16 iPoncee

iPoncee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Zetheous
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 06 March 2017 - 08:51 AM

View Postrikolero, on 04 March 2017 - 11:53 PM, said:

Yes

Thank you so much!

#17 rikolero

rikolero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3877 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 09:20 AM

You also enhance your extra healing from [Awakened Passive] Great Heal, which of course, is based on 100% of your MATK and pulses for 5 ticks.

#18 jasonch

jasonch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Tormero
  • DN, Westwood
  • TreeSanctuary

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:03 PM

Sir, am i seeing this correctly? Holy kick AS plate? Not Half turn kick AS plate?

Edit: And can we really neglect Mental Mastery?

Edited by jasonch, 21 March 2017 - 06:04 PM.