#21 rikolero

rikolero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3877 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 01:16 AM

View Postfaustius, on 07 February 2017 - 01:00 AM, said:

so can Avenger mode become as permanent as Arch Heretic?

It is permanent even at pre-boost, as long as you have sufficient crit. Moreso now, where bubble drain is every 3 seconds instead of 1 second back then.

#22 faustius

faustius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5835 posts
  • BaSingSe
  • DN, Springwood
  • If your signature is turned off, and/or in-need of profile photo on DN forum, you can check some good icons at Fan Media subsection for my work: Dragon Nest Class and Skill icons. It's free.

Posted 07 February 2017 - 12:55 PM

View Postrikolero, on 07 February 2017 - 01:16 AM, said:

It is permanent even at pre-boost, as long as you have sufficient crit. Moreso now, where bubble drain is every 3 seconds instead of 1 second back then.

ah that's probably what I need, get to level 70 or whatever level is that Class Mastery 2.

#23 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 07 February 2017 - 01:34 PM

Most char potential can only be gauged at cap level. Hit max level before deciding if a class is worth playing

#24 faustius

faustius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5835 posts
  • BaSingSe
  • DN, Springwood
  • If your signature is turned off, and/or in-need of profile photo on DN forum, you can check some good icons at Fan Media subsection for my work: Dragon Nest Class and Skill icons. It's free.

Posted 07 February 2017 - 02:08 PM

View PostXenocho, on 07 February 2017 - 01:34 PM, said:

Most char potential can only be gauged at cap level. Hit max level before deciding if a class is worth playing

I didn't say anything against DA's potential. I just asked how to keep Avenger mode up long enough.

#25 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 07 February 2017 - 02:11 PM

View Postfaustius, on 07 February 2017 - 02:08 PM, said:

I didn't say anything against DA's potential. I just asked how to keep Avenger mode up long enough.
Which in the next post you mentioned that you lacked class mastery 2 which helps in keeping up the buff. Doesn't that make my statement true where you need max lvl char to test out the potential?

#26 faustius

faustius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5835 posts
  • BaSingSe
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:59 PM

View PostXenocho, on 07 February 2017 - 02:11 PM, said:

Which in the next post you mentioned that you lacked class mastery 2 which helps in keeping up the buff. Doesn't that make my statement true where you need max lvl char to test out the potential?

which I am going to do after fixing the dead guild I just revived.

#27 Terraofdeath

Terraofdeath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 386 posts
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 26 February 2017 - 05:18 PM

What skill plate will be best fitting for DA after this boost

I'm currently using
VS dmg
Graves dmg
DS dmg
DSuffering Cd

After the boost, Doom Blade and Dark Crash are very promising. So i'm planning to replace DSuffering and DS with DC and DB dmg

#28 zuyi

zuyi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2888 posts
  • zuyi
  • Hermit's Village

Posted 26 February 2017 - 05:28 PM

Would have to test them, there's 5 skills I want to plate, don't know yet which one I'd drop

Dark Crash and Doom Blade will definitely be there.

For the last two, I'd choose from Vengeance Storm, Dark Stinger and Graves.

Dark Suffering loses its place as the top DPS skill and becomes more of a filler or cast-when-boss-is-about-to-end-iframe sort of skill and I'm pretty sure in 10 min+ nest runs, it will rank below all those skills.

Vengeance Storm has a longer CD and purely by Dmg/CD it has lesser damage, but as it is with all low CD skills, it is impossible to use them every single time they're off CD so skills with higher CD + Board Damage have a slight advantage against them. As such, still not sure which the last two plates will be.

Even if VS is one of the last two plates, I'm still not sure whether the last one would be Graves or Stinger for me, since Graves has a higher board damage (it is x2 in nightmare form) than Stinger, but it's a slightly longer cast time and has a chance to miss a hit or two as well.

P.S.; All of them will be 20% dmg plates i guess.

#29 rikolero

rikolero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3877 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 08:25 PM

View Postzuyi, on 26 February 2017 - 05:28 PM, said:

Dark Suffering loses its place as the top DPS skill and becomes more of a filler or cast-when-boss-is-about-to-end-iframe sort of skill and I'm pretty sure in 10 min+ nest runs, it will rank below all those skills.

This made me happy, I guess? I know Suffering is stronk af but frustrating to setup

#30 Terraofdeath

Terraofdeath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 386 posts
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 26 February 2017 - 08:58 PM

Gotta consider the fact that Dark Crash is hard to cast and quite buggy againts dragon boss. Because as i've tried to make the best out of Dark Crash , but it oftenly crash above the dragon which leads to the result of dealing only half the dmg ( uncharge ) or sometime no dmg at all.

Also casting dark crash will leave us very vulnerable when landing. I'm prefering to mostly in raiding case

View Postzuyi, on 26 February 2017 - 05:28 PM, said:

What about Doom Blade though ?

View Postrikolero, on 26 February 2017 - 08:25 PM, said:

This made me happy, I guess? I know Suffering is stronk af but frustrating to setup

Indeed, especially againts high mobility bosses

Edited by Terraofdeath, 26 February 2017 - 09:01 PM.

#31 NateLawlet

NateLawlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 11:56 PM

I did some calculation in order to determine the ranking of DA skill dps, here's the result:

Grave
Board Damage: 1991%
Cooldown: 6s
Coefficient (Transform): 2
Theoritical Damage per Minute: 39820%

Dark Stinger
Board Damage: 2402%
Cooldown: 7s
Coefficient (Transform): 1.5
Theoritical Damage per Minute: 30882%

Piercing Crescent
Board Damage: 748%
Cooldown: 10s
Coefficient (Transform): 4.5
Theoritical Damage per Minute: 20196%

Doom Blade
Board Damage: 3757%
Cooldown: 12s
Theoritical Damage per Minute: 28177.5%

Vengeance Storm
Board Damage: 3840%
Cooldown: 16s
Theoritical Damage per Minute: 21600%

Dark Crash
Board Damage: 4355%
Cooldown: 15s
Coefficient (Transform): 2.4
Theoritical Damage per Minute:41808%

Skill cooldown is halved due to transform effect. The skill coefficients were taken from an old post of freedomplays. All calculations were done under the assumption each skill produce the highest number of hit possible. Assuming you can cast 10 waves of Dark Suffering before detonating them with right click, it should have around 29,530.3% damage per minute. Slightly above Doom Blade.

TL;DR Dark Crash is still your hardest hitting DPS and Nuke skill, so make it your priority to get its heraldry plate. I would recommend Grave, DS and DB for the remaining slots.

#32 zuyi

zuyi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2888 posts
  • zuyi
  • Hermit's Village

Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:04 AM

Dark Crash has 13k% without a skill +1 which is too good to pass on. It's just like ML's MBD in that sense I guess, you can end up getting it cancelled if the dragon moves to you, but it's gotta be there.

I mentioned DB in the second line though, the 3.7x increase in board damage and the fact that most of the skill's damage is on the first hit makes it very nice.

@Riko
Indeed. At max potential, DA is a decent DPS class even now, but getting that "max potential" is plain impossible in nest situations because of the amount of variables that affect Dark Suffering. No doubt this boost changes DA from a very skill-based class to a damned easy press1234 one, but it's still very nice that the DSuff reliance was removed. They should do something like that for SB as well imo lol.

#33 NateLawlet

NateLawlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 01:11 AM

DA has one of highest damage modifier in the game, comparable to Inquisitor but with much more board damage. I believe the boost will put DA straight to the top of dps ranking.

#34 kipiStill

kipiStill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • kipix
  • DN, Springwood
  • BlackRabbit

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:58 PM

i wish they include the DA boost tomorrow's patch
since DA,SH,AH Re-Open

#35 Euls

Euls

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 09:16 PM

Sad. They didn't include DA and SH boost this patch.

#36 rikolero

rikolero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3877 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:46 PM

Just leaving to a screenie to see if DA's gonna get the boost tomorrow:

Posted Image

Vengeance Storm's board damage is 3840% post-boost.

#37 NateLawlet

NateLawlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 03:50 PM

Confirmed ninja boost for Dark Avenger, Vengeance Storm board damage at lvl 13 increases from 2593% to 3840%

In another note, other skill balancing such as Physician and Clerics nerf is also confirmed (R.I.P)Posted Image

#38 Terraofdeath

Terraofdeath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 386 posts
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 28 February 2017 - 05:18 PM

I tested the new boosted DA in idn 4 man hc

The main DPS skills are changed. Now they are
Dark Crash
Doom Blade
Graves
Dark Stinger

Vengence Storm got outshined and Dark Suffering is indeed become a filler just, i rarely use Dark Suffering anymore.

#39 warrio90

warrio90

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 07:14 PM

grats DAs , all warrior classes are dps now (:D)
Posted Image

#40 SmokeMachine

SmokeMachine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • zLucifuge
  • DN, Holywood
  • Saika

Posted 01 March 2017 - 01:14 PM

View Postwarrio90, on 28 February 2017 - 07:14 PM, said:

grats DAs , all warrior classes are dps now br= Posted Image