Future Plans - [vi]

FAQ - [vii]

Final Word - [viii]

NEW TIMETABLE!! [ix]

BEING LIVE STREAMED NOW!!! [x]

Contact us!! [xi]

MOST RECENT TOURNAMENT [xii]

HELLO! [i]

So, you've been playing around on GW and you see a world bird every once and a while saying "PvP Tournament, 10k DNP, colo ch 4". You start thinking to yourself "Oh, that sounds like some fun, I might try that out! Wait, it's probably fake isn't it." or something along those lines. Well fret naught as today I shall explain the entirety of the PvP tournaments you have been seeing in world chat.

What the tournament is [ii]

The tournament that is currently being hosted every few days is something that I started doing for the fun of it. It is based on the top-16 gamemode (similar to KoF, loser is eliminated and winner plays on until there is only 1 person left).
Each Tournament usually has a prize of 10k DNP for the winner with no prize for second place (Sorry, gets expensive self-funding this stuff :V).

What time does it start [iii]

The tournament will usually start at around 6pm (GMT +8) on Tuesdays and Thursdays for now. You'll see a few blue birds informing you about it's starting a little while before the tournament starts properly. The blue bird will usually include a time until the start of the tournament before it starts.

How can I enter [iv]

To enter the tournament is simple, for most people I will not reserve you a spot before the tournament. There are 2 exceptions, one is, "A spot is always saved for the previous winner if they are OL at the time". The second will be explained if it occurs to you.

Entering the tournament is as simple as arriving at the place i bird out (usually colo ch 4, near the TH). When I have gathered roughly 10-15 people, I will create a chat room and pass out the information about the tournament in that chat room, including the room name and password.

There is no entry fee, you do not have to be a certain skill level to enter. This tournament is open for EVERYBODY for FREE.

What's the point? [v]

I simply enjoy PvP and we never get enough PvP events so I took it into my own hands to create one, nothing more and nothing less.

Future plans [vi]

In the future I wish to have the tournament style over multiple game modes (i.e. capt, respawn, rounds etc) to allow a variety of playstyles and tactics to be applied, giving each match more depth. As well as hopefully opening this up on each other server (BW, HW, SW etc) - GOOD NEWS, THE TOURNAMENT IS OPEN ON SPRINGWOOD/HOLYWOOD NOW, THE NEW TIMETABLE IS DOWN BELOW

I also wish to have someone record each tournament so it can be edited and uploaded as an actual tournament.

This section will be updated as more and more options are opened up to me.

FAQ [vii]

Q. Is this legit?
A. Yes, 100%. I have already hosted many of these through world chat and each past winner can verify that it is legit.

Q. What happens if I DC?
A. Sorry, if you DC you are out of that tournament. I can't restart the entire tournament simply because of a few DCs. So a DC is an auto DQ for now and if this fact changes then I will leave that announcement here.

Q. Are there any consolation prizes?
A. No... :C

Q. Can you ban class "X"
A. No sorry, this is open for everyone, no matter what class they play.

Q. ***** keeps on winning and we never get the chance, are we ever going to get a chance?
A. Yes, I'll be doing tournaments with "no past winners", meaning it's a chance for a new rising star to take their spot!

Q. So, I've won, what now?
A. There will be a selection of "Winner Only" tournaments with greater prizes than just the regular tournaments!

Q. Is there anyway I could help you with the hosting/creation of this tournament?
A. Yes! many ways if you wish to help. At the moment I'm currently running this as a one man job but if i wish to expand the way I currently do then It will require multiple people to do different jobs.

Q. How do we know it's you and not someone hosting a fake tournament?
A. At the moment, the ONLY character I host tournaments on is Kurabawara. If there is ANYONE else advertising as if they are the person hosting this tournament, they are not. I will only ever bird out from Kurabawara, please be aware of that as this is your PSA.

Final Word [viii]

This is something I'm doing for fun, I want this to be fun for all. If you're interested in joining these tournaments or helping progress them please leave a response/comment here. I wish to keep doing these tournaments as I find that we never get enough PvP tournaments or events, so let's start making our own PvP events! Huge thanks to everyone who has already participated in these tournaments, massive thanks to Aricer for helping record every time I ask him to. I hope to see you all in-game :)

- Kurabawara

NEW TIMETABLE [ix]

This is the BRAND-NEW tournament timetable, IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE LEAVE THEM BELOW!!

- Monday - Nothing
- Tuesday - GREENWOOD/BLITZWOOD/WESTWOOD PvP tournament
-
- Wednesday - Nothing
- Thursday - SPRINGWOOD/HOLYWOOD PvP Tournament
- Friday - Nothing
- Saturday - Nothing
- Sunday - SPECIAL TOURNAMENTS (DWC, Victors Vs Victors, Mirror matches, GWB victors vs SH victors etc)

So Springwood, Holywood...

What can you bring to the table??

WE'RE LIVE STREAMING NOW!! [x]

YES! the tournament will now be LIVE STREAMED each time on ANIMENTAL'S youtube channel - https://www.youtube....T US!!</strong> [xi]

Hey guys, We've got a discord now!! If you have any questions that you would like to ask, if you'd like to keep  up-to-date with anything involving the tournaments (including staying ontop of all of my new plans for the tournament), get notifications when each tournament is about to start 15-30 minutes in advance, join in on special events for the discord members and maybe even get to join on in the stream then feel free to join the discord! --> https://discord.gg/cW4mkhE

Most recent tournament [xii]

Edited by JustForPvP, 22 April 2017 - 11:12 PM.

#2 Lavaora

Lavaora

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 02:05 AM

Kuwabara

#3 Handyyy

Handyyy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Ritsukax
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 07 January 2017 - 02:18 AM

View PostJustForPvP, on 06 January 2017 - 05:49 PM, said:

~Table of Contents~

Hello - [i]

What the Tournament is - [ii]

What time does it start - [iii]

How can I enter? - [iv]

What's the point? - [v]

Future Plans - [vi]

FAQ - [vii]

Final Word - [viii]

HELLO! [i]

So, you've been playing around on GW and you see a world bird every once and a while saying "PvP Tournament, 10k DNP, colo ch 4". You start thinking to yourself "Oh, that sounds like some fun, I might try that out! Wait, it's probably fake isn't it." or something along those lines. Well fret naught as today I shall explain the entirety of the PvP tournaments you have been seeing in world chat.

What the tournament is [ii]

The tournament that is currently being hosted every few days is something that I started doing for the fun of it. It is based on the top-16 gamemode (similar to KoF, loser is eliminated and winner plays on until there is only 1 person left).
Each Tournament usually has a prize of 10k DNP for the winner with no prize for second place (Sorry, gets expensive self-funding this stuff :V).

What time does it start [iii]

The tournament will usually start at around 6pm (GMT +8) on Tuesdays and Thursdays for now. You'll see a few blue birds informing you about it's starting a little while before the tournament starts properly. The blue bird will usually include a time until the start of the tournament before it starts.

How can I enter [iv]

To enter the tournament is simple, for most people I will not reserve you a spot before the tournament. There are 2 exceptions, one is, "A spot is always saved for the previous winner if they are OL at the time". The second will be explained if it occurs to you.

Entering the tournament is as simple as arriving at the place i bird out (usually colo ch 4, near the TH). When I have gathered roughly 10-15 people, I will create a chat room and pass out the information about the tournament in that chat room, including the room name and password.

There is no entry fee, you do not have to be a certain skill level to enter. This tournament is open for EVERYBODY for FREE.

What's the point? [v]

I simply enjoy PvP and we never get enough PvP events so I took it into my own hands to create one, nothing more and nothing less.

Future plans [vi]

In the future I wish to have the tournament style over multiple game modes (i.e. capt, respawn, rounds etc) to allow a variety of playstyles and tactics to be applied, giving each match more depth. As well as hopefully opening this up on each other server (BW, HW, SW etc)

I also wish to have someone record each tournament so it can be edited and uploaded as an actual tournament.

This section will be updated as more and more options are opened up to me.

FAQ [vii]

Q. Is this legit?
A. Yes, 100%. I have already hosted many of these through world chat and each past winner can verify that it is legit.

Q. What happens if I DC?
A. Sorry, if you DC you are out of that tournament. I can't restart the entire tournament simply because of a few DCs. So a DC is an auto DQ for now and if this fact changes then I will leave that announcement here.

Q. Are there any consolation prizes?
A. No... :C

Q. Can you ban class "X"
A. No sorry, this is open for everyone, no matter what class they play.

Q. ***** keeps on winning and we never get the chance, are we ever going to get a chance?
A. Yes, I'll be doing tournaments with "no past winners", meaning it's a chance for a new rising star to take their spot!

Q. So, I've won, what now?
A. There will be a selection of "Winner Only" tournaments with greater prizes than just the regular tournaments!

Q. Is there anyway I could help you with the hosting/creation of this tournament?
A. Yes! many ways if you wish to help. At the moment I'm currently running this as a one man job but if i wish to expand the way I currently do then It will require multiple people to do different jobs.

Q. How do we know it's you and not someone hosting a fake tournament?
A. At the moment, the ONLY character I host tournaments on is Kurabawara. If there is ANYONE else advertising as if they are the person hosting this tournament, they are not. I will only ever bird out from Kurabawara, please be aware of that as this is your PSA.

Final Word [viii]

This is something I'm doing for fun, I want this to be fun for all. If you're interested in joining these tournaments or helping progress them please leave a response/comment here. I wish to keep doing these tournaments as I find that we never get enough PvP tournaments or events, so let's start making our own PvP events! Huge thanks to everyone who has already participated in these tournaments, massive thanks to Aricer for helping record every time I ask him to. I hope to see you all in-game :)

- Kurabawara
CARROT ITS ME , HAO

#4 JustForPvP

JustForPvP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Kurabawara
  • DN, Greenwood
  • PawClub

Posted 08 January 2017 - 01:59 PM

View PostHandyyy, on 07 January 2017 - 02:18 AM, said:

CARROT ITS ME , HAO

HAO DO YOU DO TODAY :^)

Fyi, gonna do a tournament for fun on Monday at 6PM this week on top of the other tournaments.

#5 JustForPvP

JustForPvP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Kurabawara
  • DN, Greenwood
  • PawClub

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:40 PM

Invite only tournament on Tuesday with bonus prizes! To try out and earn yourself an invite, message me in-game if you see me online or send me some mail and I'll talk it out with you!
-Kurabawara

Edited by JustForPvP, 13 January 2017 - 07:40 PM.

#6 JustForPvP

JustForPvP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Kurabawara
  • DN, Greenwood
  • PawClub

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:06 PM

Tournament on Friday - Melee Classes only (Warrior, Machina, shinobi and Paladin), if you are interested in joining for 10k DNP prize please PM me in game or leave a message here!

Edited by JustForPvP, 18 January 2017 - 09:21 PM.

#7 Lavaora

Lavaora

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:08 PM

View PostJustForPvP, on 18 January 2017 - 09:06 PM, said:

Tournament on Friday - Melee Classes only (Warrior, Machina, Assassin and cleric), if you are interested in joining for 10k DNP prize please PM me in game or leave a message here!

WAT ABOUT ARCHER???

#8 JustForPvP

JustForPvP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Kurabawara
  • DN, Greenwood
  • PawClub

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:21 PM

View PostLavaora, on 18 January 2017 - 09:08 PM, said:

WAT ABOUT ARCHER???

Maybe acrobat... for sure no SH or Arti/Sniper

:^)

#9 Lavaora

Lavaora

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:33 PM

View PostJustForPvP, on 18 January 2017 - 09:21 PM, said:

Maybe acrobat... for sure no SH or Arti/Sniper

:^)

THIS IS RACISM TOWARDS ELF RACE

#10 Fluffy

Fluffy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3977 posts
  • Tomonori/Tsutsuko
  • DN, Westwood
  • Onigiri

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:05 PM

nice (up)

#11 JustForPvP

JustForPvP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Kurabawara
  • DN, Greenwood
  • PawClub

Posted 21 January 2017 - 01:20 PM

Hopefully (if the combined mission room is up) We'll have some tournaments there in the future. Bringing everyone into it!

#12 JustForPvP

JustForPvP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Kurabawara
  • DN, Greenwood
  • PawClub

Posted 24 January 2017 - 02:22 PM

Tournament tonight at 6pm, just wanted to remind everyone

So, last Friday I held a PvP tournament (Melee classes only). Overall there were a lot of good fights but while I was bored I decided to create a highlight video of the winner. Hope you enjoy!

#13 JustForPvP

JustForPvP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Kurabawara
  • DN, Greenwood
  • PawClub

Posted 27 January 2017 - 01:50 PM

Going to have another "Melee Only" tournament NEXT SUNDAY, this tournament will also be a test for new additions to future tournaments and whether or not I shall make the additions.

Things being tested:

- Additional feats that reward players who may not win but still perform exceptionally.

- A properly made tournament table, LONG GONE ARE THE DAYS OF "RANDOM"

- Implementing a Prize for second place

Once again, tournament will be on Sunday! (05/02/17) Apart from that, tournaments will continue as usual.

#14 JustForPvP

JustForPvP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Kurabawara
  • DN, Greenwood
  • PawClub

Posted 05 February 2017 - 01:20 PM

Melee only tournament tonight at 6pm!

Classes included:

- Gladiator
- Moonlord
- Barbarian
- Destroyer
- Crusader
- Guardian
- Blade Dancer
- Ripper
- Raven
- Flurry
- Sting Breezer
- Dark Avenger
- Windwalker
- Tempest
- Defensio
- Ruina

Those are ALL the class that are allowed to enter this "Melee Only" tournament. Thanks guys~

#15 JustForPvP

JustForPvP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Kurabawara
  • DN, Greenwood
  • PawClub

Posted 14 February 2017 - 11:21 PM

Make sure you all check out the New timetable for the tournament starting from THURSDAY onwards...

You're up Springwood, Holywood.... Show us what you've got.

Edited by JustForPvP, 14 February 2017 - 11:26 PM.

#16 Handyyy

Handyyy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Ritsukax
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:46 AM

BUMP-U

#17 LimitSoo

LimitSoo

• 125 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:57 PM

Hi Everyone,

Feel free to participate in this tournament and Kura here is really giving out prizes!!!

#18 JustForPvP

JustForPvP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Kurabawara
  • DN, Greenwood
  • PawClub

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:04 PM

Thank you very much for the pin!

SW/HW first tournament tonight, feel free to join and prove yourself in the tournament!

#19 JustForPvP

JustForPvP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Kurabawara
  • DN, Greenwood
  • PawClub

Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:34 PM

Thank you to everyone from SW/HW who joined, you made it a great tournament and proved your strength.... we might have to set up a match between SW/HW and GW/WW/BW soon.... hint hint nudge nudge

#20 Abel_Nightroad

Abel_Nightroad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Abelnight
  • DN, Springwood
  • Aenima

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:55 PM

Ahhh the SW one was so nice, sir! Looking forward to the next one! :D