Black Screen When Entering Portals In Raid, Frequent Dcs At Cutscenes / End Of Stage.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CaptainCustard

CaptainCustard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Pandemona
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • ProjectX / Divergent

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:18 AM

I get a black screen almost every single time on entering a portal in a raid. (RDN 3rd and 6th boss, IDN 3rd boss).

I also get disconnected during cutscenes (e.g. at the end of the RDN) which means I miss all of the loot and can't rejoin the stage.

Disconnects also happen quite often in chest selection, e.g. at the end of a daily quest stage. This is very annoying as the daily party has to be restarted, or the remaining stages done individually.

#2 CaptainCustard

CaptainCustard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Pandemona
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • ProjectX / Divergent

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:19 AM

This was an issue I had earlier this year, I spent several weeks trying to fix it with no success. But I tried using a different wifi router (which is old and laggy) and it didn't have the problem. So it turned out to be a router issue.

I was able to fix the issue by changing my router settings.

I am based in the UK, using a Virgin Media "Super Hub" as my router. It supports wireless, but I use a wired connection to reduce latency.

Basically, in the router settings, it has an option called "Modem Mode":

Posted Image

The description is a little weird, I certainly don't use "my own wireless router" but whatever. I turned on Modem Mode, and sure enough, it disables the wireless which is kinda annoying, but it has completely fixed the portal DCs with black screen, and random stage DCs.

It's possible that routers other than Virgin Media's super hub have something similar, so hopefully this fix will be able to help other people too :)

Edited by CaptainCustard, 08 January 2017 - 02:37 AM.