#1 Isla

Isla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Aquaterite
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 08 January 2017 - 04:55 PM

Hi, I have been playing DN for a long time and these past few days it was so boring that I decided to make a new char. Since I still don't have Machina class yet I decided to make one.

I am now level 80 Defensio and I still don't get its mechanics yet. I don't know where to spend the skill points and how to combo. I just yoloing through leveling. XD

My question is:

What are the important skill of Defensio?
Is there any combos of Defensio?
I don't get Rock Away and Duck skill.
How does Man to Man works?
Should I get Ruina's ulti?

And please someone give me skill build. I really don't know where to put my remaining skills. And skill plates too, please!

Thank you! Hope someone can help me.

PS: Sorry for my english. Not my first language.

#2 PawHammer

PawHammer

• 1100 posts
  • PawMimi
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Dreamfarer

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:01 AM

Hi there! Welcome to the world of the most underwhelming class of dragon nest, where even if you are amazing, the results are not going to be fantastic. I applaud your courage for taking on this underpowered class which I personally love and wish you the best in trying to master it. Anyway, here's the replies to the doubts you had. If your first language happens to be Spanish or French, I can translate that for you too!

1) The important skills of defensio are:

Damage wise: Taunting blow> leap over> beat down> kidney blow.
  Utility wise: Taunting blow> air shove EX> beyond the wall.

2) If you are playing pve defensio, don't bother too much about comboing, as you will be playing as tank or sub-tank. As a rule of thumb, however, use foot stomp(or double right click, or taunting blow) + duck to start any kind of skill you want to use in order to increase it's damage and action speed.

3) Rock away is one of the three gear steps (foot stomp, rock away and step up). If you land a hit with this skill, the cd of taunting blow will be reduced and the damage of flying knee kick and kidney blow will increase. Duck is a skill that you can activate by using space bar after certain skills including any of the three gear steps, body check (double right click) or taunting blow (if you don't detonate it). It will increase the action speed of the next skill you use for a short period of time. After using duck, you can press space, right click or left click to chain with the gear step skills too (for instance, you use duck and then right click, you activate a gear step, and then right click again to activate a skill linked to the specific gear step).

4) Man to man reduces the damage taken by allies and summons by 30% and redirects it to you. It's a terribly bad ultimate which you should not be using at all unless you are a big defensio fan/expert. Also, the damage reduction does not affect you, so don't try to use it to protect yourself.

5) No. Both machina ultimates are bad, you better invest the sp in something else.

This is a base build that has 21 spare SP that you may invest in whatever you want:

Posted Image

The skill plates I'd use would be Repair CD, Taunting Blow CD, Leap Over DMG and Beat down DMG/Beyond the wall cooldown. As for techniques, my personal reccommendation would be Taunting blow necklace, foot stomp earrings, leap over and beat down rings.

I hope I was able to help you, wish you a nice day and good luck with this class which is, I insist, very difficult to master.

#3 Isla

Isla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Aquaterite
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:15 PM

Thank you for your kind reply, PawHammer.

Fortunately I already knew my previous questions due to non stop playing my Defensio. She's fun to used but sooo hard.

I have other question again if you don't mind. (sorry)

•Since I'm a PVE player could you please teach me how to execute combos? Or is it okay to skill directly without using Gear Step?
•I remember my guildmate telling me that Defensio has a self-heal skill but I can't seem to find it, aside from Recovery Current that is a crap heal.
•I know this is a dumb question but does Taunting Blow detonate stack?

Again thank you, PawHammer. More power to Defensio and have a good day!

#4 ShineFactor

ShineFactor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 09:48 PM

View PostIsla, on 15 January 2017 - 05:15 PM, said:

Thank you for your kind reply, PawHammer.

Fortunately I already knew my previous questions due to non stop playing my Defensio. She's fun to used but sooo hard.

I have other question again if you don't mind. (sorry)

•Since I'm a PVE player could you please teach me how to execute combos? Or is it okay to skill directly without using Gear Step?
•I remember my guildmate telling me that Defensio has a self-heal skill but I can't seem to find it, aside from Recovery Current that is a crap heal.
•I know this is a dumb question but does Taunting Blow detonate stack?

Again thank you, PawHammer. More power to Defensio and have a good day!

I wouldn't go btw cd plate as btw's shell suffers the same bug as hc being a shell in appearence and not giving any protection if you use it off cd while it's still in effect.

As for the dps side of defensio, gear steps are a must for each combos (SA/AS buff), and that will be even more true post boost for beat down/leap over ex.

Otherwise if you wanna see how current defensio can efficiently deal dmg, you should take a look at my rotations vids, here's one :

https://youtu.be/r4yRWEVxiZE

This should answer your question about TB's stacking, which by the way, is your best dmg dealer now and mostly post boost.

Post defensio won't be able to stack tb's marks this fast due to the removal of cd reduction from gear step, this forces defensio to rely on the double tb trigger to fully take advantage of tb's new board dmg, this will allow you to blow the same marks twice, and since a post boost rotation only allows a stacking of 4 marks (tb repair tb => tb right click repair tb right click), it will result in an explosion of 8 marks.
I showcased this trick in another vid with current defensio being able to stack way more marks :

https://youtu.be/zvUN_0p5IFU

Edited by ShineFactor, 15 January 2017 - 09:56 PM.

#5 PawHammer

PawHammer

• 1100 posts
  • PawMimi
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Dreamfarer

Posted 15 January 2017 - 09:50 PM

Hello again! I will take some time to reply again to these questions:

1) Combos are more of a pvp thing, but as a pve defensio, yes, you need to use gear steps before normal skills, as it is an important % of the damage output. In a future update, however, defensio's taunting blow becomes extremely powerful, and you will be able to spam that skill without caring too much about combos. As a rule of thumb, after every skill, keep pressed the normal attack button, and the punches you do (the first two being the fastest) will be as strong as the skill you just used. The following video is an example that showcases this feature from defensio, but it is not the way I would reccommend to deal damage when playing as a tanky defensio, we will need to see it after the revamp: https://youtu.be/7JFNQ4RgeHM

2) The heal your friend is refering to is probably Overboost (aka your class buff). This heal, however, will get removed in a future patch and changed for another type of healing overtime with a very small cooldown. If you are playing defensio in the tanky way, however, you will rarely need to heal, as your shield (beyond the wall) is very sturdy and will rarely break if you are focused on shielding yourself (aka, the damage will be dealt to your HP shield rather than your HP bar, and if you happen to get statused, you can always repair out of it).

3) Yes, it does stack, and it's a very powerful feature. Some will even tell you that you can maximize the potential of these explosions by making it explode again right after you cast a taunting blow's explosion. I refer to a fellow defensio's video right here: https://www.youtube....h?v=zvUN_0p5IFU

Anyway, I see someone replied before I had the time to do so, this is the person I told you that likes dealing damage with defensio (even at full potential, the damage is not good pre revamp, but he knows what he is talking about).

Regardless, I wish you a nice day, and have fun!