• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DracoFalco

DracoFalco

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 03:01 PM

Welcome fellow Machinas, how do you fare in pvp? I'm asking here because sadly our species is mostly extinct.

Personally, I find machina hard to play in pvp. Reasons why include being exclusively close range and needing great controlling skills. Furthermore we only have one evasion (defensio 2) which leaves us vulnerable when combo-ed. It is such a pain to fight warriors when they have 3 evasion. There are pros of course: high SA and good combo

Being creative helps you to win

#2 XxXh0lic

XxXh0lic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1091 posts
  • OverNeko, Hikariful
  • DN, Westwood
  • ColosseumKnight

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:20 PM

Yeah sadly Machinas are close to none to be found in PvP. I have played both Ruina and Defensio and the former is indeed a lot harder to play than the latter mostly due to the fact that Ruina only has 1 evasion unlike Defensio and also how Overheat is inferior to Taunting Blow by a mile.

Being pure melee (Flow Through doesn't count because you still need to hit it at melee range) is also quite a problem because our AoE sucks. It's hard to pin down ranged classes because you have to be face-front all the time but our little AoE leaves us with few chances of catching them. Fly By used to be a good skill to close in the distance despite its predictability but now that everyone has Dash, this skill's utility has decreased a lot. Not to mention, the long delay after using it is a free hit for other classes. However, the AoE is really none of my concern. It's her mobility that sucks.

Of course, just like what you said, there are a lot of pros:

- High SA from Class Mastery I that can be abused with Duck
- Duck itself
- High SAB. You could even counter Switch Gravity with Foot Stomp+Flow Up combo with this.
- Infinite combos because of her amazing recatching abilities
- Extremely good against Melee classes if you manage to lure them into your pace.
- Good damage and HP (for Defensios)

#3 Blu

Blu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Reole
  • DN, Holywood
  • RyuuKishiHonbu

Posted 17 January 2017 - 04:30 PM

As a ladder player, I've given up entirely on Ruina as a viable class in pvp. I think the highest rating I've reached was 1900+ before, but after the cleric & loli awakening patch it was nearly impossible to even maintain above 1600 (oo;)

Nowadays most of the classes can just faceroll their skills and completely zone you away from them. I've found that most of the matches I won were when I was able to catch the opponent at the start of the match and ALSO recatch their Aerial Evasion(s) and kill them outright. If the enemy ever had a chance to escape and reset then it was pretty much over.

Of course, pvp was never even balanced in the first place. But even knowing that, it does get really frustrating when you get stomped by a random kiter for the nth time (no)

#4 XxXh0lic

XxXh0lic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1091 posts
  • OverNeko, Hikariful
  • DN, Westwood
  • ColosseumKnight

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:33 PM

View PostBlu, on 17 January 2017 - 04:30 PM, said:

As a ladder player, I've given up entirely on Ruina as a viable class in pvp. I think the highest rating I've reached was 1900+ before, but after the cleric & loli awakening patch it was nearly impossible to even maintain above 1600 (oo;)

Nowadays most of the classes can just faceroll their skills and completely zone you away from them. I've found that most of the matches I won were when I was able to catch the opponent at the start of the match and ALSO recatch their Aerial Evasion(s) and kill them outright. If the enemy ever had a chance to escape and reset then it was pretty much over.

Of course, pvp was never even balanced in the first place. But even knowing that, it does get really frustrating when you get stomped by a random kiter for the nth time (no)

Things won't change anytime soon especially that Machina's Awakening is nowhere in sight.