My Opinion On Artillery's Bug (Bug Is Fixed Now)

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 ArchKaoru

ArchKaoru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Aestrie
  • DN, Westwood
  • Velvet

Posted 13 January 2017 - 04:43 PM

Hello there, (:>)

Bug has already been fixed. Enjoy ~

Introduction

(Skip this if u want to get straight to the point)

I have no knowledge of how a game is made, or how bug is fixed, but i do know that the game dev is trying their best to solve any issues regarding skills. So here i am trying my best also to observe what might trigger the problem, who knows this information might provide useful information in getting the bug fixed?

Spoiler

Bugs Info

(Here is where it starts)

Updates
1. See the post #6 by winterhooi on some explanation of how internet issue/lags might affect cannonade skill's dmg
2. Added : cannonade's aim reverting back to original starting point
3. 20/1/2017 :  Bug #1 and #2 observation update. bug #3 observation is complete.
4. 25/1/2017 :  Observation completed.
5. 29/1/2017 OMG ! I tested on a laptop with high spec, the bug still triggered ! I give up (T.T) Dear dev, pls do smthing.
6. 11/2/2017 : Upgraded to a much better laptop Asus ROG 8gb ram, 4th gen intel QH i7 and GTX950 graphix. Managed to get a super smooth gameplay, the bug seems to trigger less often, but it do still triggers.. just, not so often. going to see in 8man idn run later on monday.

What are the most frequent bug ?

#1. Cannonade damage reduced or suddenly gone (nothing falls from the sky)
  • What Happen when bugged? : Cannonade damage will be reduced by almost 90%. or nothing falls.
  • Bug Testing:
    Spoiler

• What Trigger it ? : Graphic Lag and bad connection.
  • Solution : Buy gaming laptop or at least one that can play without lag :D
#2. Awakened Extension core' Swift Shot not hitting
( or Extension core' swift shot or swift shot barrier or Extension Shot or watever u call it )
  • What Happen when bugged? : Skill won't hit = no damage. Once extension core is bugged = forever no hit for extension core' swift shot. Cast another scope arrow to create a new Extension core and see if it's working or not :D
  • Bug Testing:
    Spoiler

• Solution : Buy gaming laptop or at least one that can play without lag. :D
#3. Cannonade's aim reverting back to original starting point
  • What Happen when bugged? : Hit Cannonade Hotkey slot > quickly press W > Suddenly the casting animation starts again with the Aim reverting back at starting point.
  • Bug Testing: It Triggered when i have higher ping(yellow) and works just fine with Green ping.
  • What Trigger it ? : Bad connection
  • Solution : If you are having this problem then dont rush your aim, press hotkey, wait, start aiming and boom! (;])
Take a look at the video below regarding the bug(only for bug (1) and (2), hope this helps in resolving the issue in any way to have it fixed asap (sob)

https://youtu.be/gu4rqXlOOsE

I'm still trying to figure out how to make the video appear here (mad)  (still new in this forum)

It is recorded from only 5 DQ dungeon + Battle Training Ground (w/ yellow ping)

Edited by ArchKaoru, 01 March 2017 - 08:13 PM.

#2 winterhooi

winterhooi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • FellowFromBW
  • DN, Deadwood

Posted 13 January 2017 - 04:55 PM

View PostArchKaoru, on 13 January 2017 - 04:43 PM, said:

I made this post just to compile my recent research about Artillery's Bug as also discussed in PoopFairy's post in the link below with a mean to assist PoopFairy's effort in reporting the bug.
Because there might be some correction or addition or anything else that can be added and compiled together with the final bug report.

Click Here to go to PoopFairy's Artillery discussion and guide

1. Cannonade damage reduced
  • Let's take an average of 20m per hit (with crit), bugged hit with avg of 2m (from my experience)
  • Imagine a full damage hit from Fatal cannonade = 9 hit x 20m = 180m
  • When bugged, it is reduced by almost 90 % :  9hit x 2m = 18m
  • What if 10 times cannonade didnt get full dmg hit : (180-18) x 10 times =1.62b dmg gone
  • My research result : It is just so random. Too bad, i can't determine what might trigger this, in the video, you can see from the 'Bug occurrence record' that it happened without any fix time interval or watsoever. I even tried casting different skill before using cannonade but it can still trigger the bug. Btw, doesnt matter if it's Fatal Cannonade or Normal Cannonade, the bug can still occur.
FYI, Fatal cannonade contributed more than 50%(even with the bug triggered) of overall Artillery's damage and having it bugged is definitely the worst thing ever.

2. Awakened Extension core not hitting
( or Extension core' swift shot or swift shot barrier or Extension Shot or watever u call it )
  • When activated, created a barrier, and sometimes it becomes a no hit value
  • Assuming each hit can deal 5m : full damage = 9 hit x 5m = 45m
  • What if 10 times it has no hit value, 45m x 10times = 450m dmg gone
  • My research result : the extension core (that is created after casting scope arrow) will have a chance either it is working, or broken (bugged). Once it is bugged = forever no hit for extension core' swift shot. Cast another scope arrow to create a new Extension core and see if it's working or not %20class=
Take a look at the video below regarding the bug, hope this helps in resolving the issue in any way to have it fixed asap (sob)

I'm still trying to figure out how to make the video appear here (mad)  (still new in this forum)

It is recorded from only 5 DQ dungeon + Battle Training Ground

Hi, I notice some (quite a lot actually) time your ping is yellow, and since we can't see the numbers now (thx cc) I couldn't tell how bad your ping issue is.

However, months ago I did mention that arti's cannonade and swift shot bugs ALOT when you have more than 250ms ping (yellow zone). My video currently uploading doesn't seem to show any cannonade bug (or i'm blind) and I will share them at the artillery discussion post shortly. Feel free to check it and let me know.

By the way, I notice that spiking internet bugs the cannonade even more comparing to a constantly slow internet.

p/s kudos for that video editing skill, I can never produce anything like that ever.

Edited by winterhooi, 13 January 2017 - 05:03 PM.

#3 ArchKaoru

ArchKaoru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Aestrie
  • DN, Westwood
  • Velvet

Posted 13 January 2017 - 05:00 PM

View Postwinterhooi, on 13 January 2017 - 04:55 PM, said:

Hi, I notice some (quite a lot actually) time your ping is yellow, and since we can't see the numbers now (thx cc) I couldn't tell how bad your ping issue is.

However, months ago I did mention that arti's cannonade and swift shot bugs ALOT when you have more than 250ms ping (yellow zone). My video currently uploading doesn't seem to show any cannonade bug (or i'm blind) and I will share them at the artillery discussion post shortly. Feel free to check it and let me know.

By the way, I notice that spiking internet bugs the cannonade even more comparing to a constantly slow internet.

Well i do admit that my ping is yellow as my siblings keep streaming during that time. But as far as i remember , it still occurs altho when my ping is green. (sob)

#4 Kacin

Kacin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • PoopFairy
  • DN, Springwood
  • Perfect

Posted 13 January 2017 - 05:09 PM

i wish i got better computer to recording but.. (sob) (sob)

anyway hope QA team notice this

#5 ArchKaoru

ArchKaoru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Aestrie
  • DN, Westwood
  • Velvet

Posted 13 January 2017 - 05:29 PM

View PostKacin, on 13 January 2017 - 05:09 PM, said:

i wish i got better computer to recording but.. (sob) (sob)

anyway hope QA team notice this

Well im just using a tablet pc from microsoft (:D)

Cant deny the fact that people are saying cannonade bug might be caused by net issue, but i still dont understand how net issue causes the dmg to be lowered. (no)

#6 winterhooi

winterhooi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • FellowFromBW
  • DN, Deadwood

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:09 PM

View PostArchKaoru, on 13 January 2017 - 05:29 PM, said:

Well im just using a tablet pc from microsoft %20br=
Cant deny the fact that people are saying cannonade bug might be caused by net issue, but i still dont understand how net issue causes the dmg to be lowered. (no)

This is mostly due to "complex" coding of some skills.
Simple skill such as tracking arrow have no bug issue, how is that so?
1. we track if any monster in range.
2. player trigger skill.
3. arrow goes to the closest target.
4. arrow hits > do damage

Let see how the cannonade might work.
1. player trigger skill.
2. player confirm shooting area.
3. system need to detect player's shooting area to drop the cannonade from above.
4. system need to detect if cannonade "arrow" hits the monster
5. arrow hits > do damage.

How is that complex compared to the first situation?
Firstly the system now has to get signals from the player the position aimed, then responded with animation. So if you have ping issue, meaning the system takes the signal and gives the signal from and to you at a slower speed.

Every internet "package" comes with error checking bits ( all the way in binaries form ). If the signal to and from doesn't match against each other, the system might detect it as a faulty package hence ignoring it ( or giving different outcome )

That says, if my signal of my cannonade position is sent to the server while waiting for the "agreed" signal to come back from the server, the saved animation from our local file continues to play. Now both parties are not in sync, cannonade falls, but the server doesn't tell you to do it yet > error detection > no damage value.

If you can't understand what I said. Let me try to "show" you how is it suppose to be done ( not exactly what happen )

SUPPOSE
1. player give position.
2. system agree with the position.
3. cannonade animation falls
4. system starts recording damage deal within agreed position.
5. damage dealt.

WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED
1. player give position.
*lags*
2. cannonade animation falls
3. system agree with the position
4. since cannonade falls already, nothing is recorded.
5. no damage.

I am talking base on my own game coding experience, and this MIGHT NOT be what actually happen. I'm just trying to tell you how the internet can actually affect the damage in the game.

Edited by winterhooi, 13 January 2017 - 06:11 PM.

#7 ArchKaoru

ArchKaoru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Aestrie
  • DN, Westwood
  • Velvet

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:47 PM

View Postwinterhooi, on 13 January 2017 - 06:09 PM, said:

This is mostly due to "complex" coding of some skills.
Simple skill such as tracking arrow have no bug issue, how is that so?
1. we track if any monster in range.
2. player trigger skill.
3. arrow goes to the closest target.
4. arrow hits > do damage

Let see how the cannonade might work.
1. player trigger skill.
2. player confirm shooting area.
3. system need to detect player's shooting area to drop the cannonade from above.
4. system need to detect if cannonade "arrow" hits the monster
5. arrow hits > do damage.

How is that complex compared to the first situation?
Firstly the system now has to get signals from the player the position aimed, then responded with animation. So if you have ping issue, meaning the system takes the signal and gives the signal from and to you at a slower speed.

Every internet "package" comes with error checking bits ( all the way in binaries form ). If the signal to and from doesn't match against each other, the system might detect it as a faulty package hence ignoring it ( or giving different outcome )

That says, if my signal of my cannonade position is sent to the server while waiting for the "agreed" signal to come back from the server, the saved animation from our local file continues to play. Now both parties are not in sync, cannonade falls, but the server doesn't tell you to do it yet > error detection > no damage value.

If you can't understand what I said. Let me try to "show" you how is it suppose to be done ( not exactly what happen )

SUPPOSE
1. player give position.
2. system agree with the position.
3. cannonade animation falls
4. system starts recording damage deal within agreed position.
5. damage dealt.

WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED
1. player give position.
*lags*
2. cannonade animation falls
3. system agree with the position
4. since cannonade falls already, nothing is recorded.
5. no damage.

I am talking base on my own game coding experience, and this MIGHT NOT be what actually happen. I'm just trying to tell you how the internet can actually affect the damage in the game.

Now im speechless. and im grateful for the useful information,  Will keep that in mind, thanks (clap)
I will keep an eye on it later when im playing with a better internet connection , gonna see if the problem still occur.  (;])

Edited by ArchKaoru, 13 January 2017 - 07:49 PM.

#8 wwwgoi

wwwgoi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • FrigidRain
  • DN, Springwood
  • Artalya

Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:03 AM

the underlying issue with cannonade is similar to snipers when they bug their windshot.

the skill fires, but due to fps drops/net lag, the server cannot properly register that the skill connects. (most of which is already mentioned above)

for cannonade it's a little more weird, we get the either 10% damage or in severe fps drops i actually experience cannonade not even firing at all (as in the bombs don't even drop).

If you want a video of how the bugs trigger, it's extremely easy, just join a raid, during the dps window when everyone spams their stuff, it's extremely easy to trigger that bug.

Edited by wwwgoi, 14 January 2017 - 02:04 AM.

#9 ArchKaoru

ArchKaoru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Aestrie
  • DN, Westwood
  • Velvet

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:57 AM

View Postwwwgoi, on 14 January 2017 - 02:03 AM, said:

the underlying issue with cannonade is similar to snipers when they bug their windshot.

the skill fires, but due to fps drops/net lag, the server cannot properly register that the skill connects. (most of which is already mentioned above)

for cannonade it's a little more weird, we get the either 10% damage or in severe fps drops i actually experience cannonade not even firing at all (as in the bombs don't even drop).

oh so cannonade not falling also due to the fps drop, i had encountered this sometimes but rarely. it happened once or twice if im not mistaken when i was trying to record all the bugs so i just cut out that part. luls

and yea thanks also for the info.

#10 winterhooi

winterhooi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • FellowFromBW
  • DN, Deadwood

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:23 PM

View PostArchKaoru, on 13 January 2017 - 05:00 PM, said:

Well i do admit that my ping is yellow as my siblings keep streaming during that time. But as far as i remember , it still occurs altho when my ping is green. (sob)

updated my video on #21 in the arti guide, you can see that when my ping is green I almost got no cannonade bug. ( There's one cannonade with no damage but I think the boss is invisible that time )

#11 ArchKaoru

ArchKaoru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Aestrie
  • DN, Westwood
  • Velvet

Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:47 AM

View Postwinterhooi, on 14 January 2017 - 10:23 PM, said:

updated my video on #21 in the arti guide, you can see that when my ping is green I almost got no cannonade bug. ( There's one cannonade with no damage but I think the boss is invisible that time )

here is the link if of the mentioned video (in guide thread) above if anyone wants to see it
http://forum.cherryc...ry/page__st__20

Unfortunately for me, u might be right. As i also face less(not completely but rarely) bug when i tried some BTG test using a high spec laptop with good internet connection.
Didnt get a chance to try running on the same laptop using yellow ping yet. I ll be sure to update it here later. It is my brother's laptop so yea, i could only use it when he's not playing dn , which i rarely get the chance (:D)

#12 Draconican

Draconican

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Draconican
  • DN, Springwood
  • UltraSavior

Posted 29 January 2017 - 10:38 AM

View PostArchKaoru, on 13 January 2017 - 04:43 PM, said:

Introduction

(Skip this if u want to get straight to the point)

I have no knowledge of how a game is made, or how bug is fixed, but i do know that the game dev is trying their best to solve any issues regarding skills. So here i am trying my best also to observe what might trigger the problem, who knows this information might provide useful information in getting the bug fixed?

Spoiler

Bugs Info

(Here is where it starts)

Updates
1. See the post #6 by winterhooi on some explanation of how internet issue/lags might affect cannonade skill's dmg
2. Added : cannonade's aim reverting back to original starting point
3. 20/1/2017 :  Bug #1 and #2 observation update. bug #3 observation is complete.
4. 25/1/2017 :  Observation completed.
5. 29/1/2017 OMG ! I tested on a laptop with high spec, the bug still triggered ! I give up (T.T) Dear dev, pls do smthing.

#1. Cannonade damage reduced or suddenly gone (nothing falls from the sky)
  • What Happen when bugged? : Cannonade damage will be reduced by almost 90%. or nothing falls.
  • Bug Testing:
    Spoiler

• Solution : Buy gaming laptop or at least one that can play without lag
#2. Awakened Extension core' Swift Shot not hitting
  • What Happen when bugged? : Skill won't hit = no damage. Once extension core is bugged = forever no hit for extension core' swift shot. Cast another scope arrow to create a new Extension core and see if it's working or not
  • Bug Testing:
    Spoiler

• Solution : Buy gaming laptop or at least one that can play without lag.
#3. Cannonade's aim reverting back to original starting point
  • What Happen when bugged? : Hit Cannonade Hotkey slot > quickly press W > Suddenly the casting animation starts again with the Aim reverting back at starting point.
  • Bug Testing: It Triggered when i have higher ping(yellow) and works just fine with Green ping.
  • What Trigger it ? : Bad connection
  • Solution : If you are having this problem then dont rush your aim, press hotkey, wait, start aiming and boom!
Take a look at the video below regarding the bug(only for bug (1) and (2), hope this helps in resolving the issue in any way to have it fixed asap

I'm still trying to figure out how to make the video appear here (still new in this forum)

It is recorded from only 5 DQ dungeon + Battle Training Ground (w/ yellow ping)
Well Yeah, I've noticed that bug only when the Kali's awakening patch, before even with my ping is yellow my cannonade seems to be fine. Also for the PING Bar, can't they just make it more "live" to see in Numbers like many FPS and MMO games? For example in WarThunder you can see the FPS, Ping, pocket and loss data in the upper left corner of the screen. It's way useful than we have to press Ctrl and hover around the ping bars, Killing us in the process (oo;) a color coded numbers would be fine. This is the sample: FPS:60 Ping: 229ms Packet loss 27% color coding would be nice also.
NOW FOR THE BUG, My artillery is useless not until they fix it, Seeing that SHET Damage output makes me wanna break something. (not they keyboard since RGB keyboards with Cherry MX mechanical switches are dam expensive) (horn)

Edited by Draconican, 29 January 2017 - 10:38 AM.

#13 zLove

zLove

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 01:50 AM

Hope they fix these bugs soon..
After Kali patch, cannonade dame reduce happens more often, especially in raid and final boss in GN

#14 ArchKaoru

ArchKaoru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Aestrie
  • DN, Westwood
  • Velvet

Posted 11 February 2017 - 05:46 PM

View PostDraconican, on 29 January 2017 - 10:38 AM, said:

Well Yeah, I've noticed that bug only when the Kali's awakening patch, before even with my ping is yellow my cannonade seems to be fine. Also for the PING Bar, can't they just make it more "live" to see in Numbers like many FPS and MMO games? For example in WarThunder you can see the FPS, Ping, pocket and loss data in the upper left corner of the screen. It's way useful than we have to press Ctrl and hover around the ping bars, Killing us in the process (oo;) a color coded numbers would be fine. This is the sample: FPS:60 Ping: 229ms Packet loss 27% color coding would be nice also.
NOW FOR THE BUG, My artillery is useless not until they fix it, Seeing that SHET Damage output makes me wanna break something. (not they keyboard since RGB keyboards with Cherry MX mechanical switches are dam expensive) (horn)

i guess everyone is having a different situation.
it happens to me even before the kali patch. but not so often. it became worst after kali's patch (T.T)

View PostzLove, on 07 February 2017 - 01:50 AM, said:

Hope they fix these bugs soon..
After Kali patch, cannonade dame reduce happens more often, especially in raid and final boss in GN

i hope so too. it's just because the dev team cant seem to trigger the bug, i mean, they tested to see if it triggers and it just don't. this is the info i got from someone. but that's the reason why people has been providing them with the vid or snapshot proof of it. but stilll... rip arti the dev wont care about em anymore. (oo)

#15 zLove

zLove

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 10:24 PM

View PostArchKaoru, on 11 February 2017 - 05:46 PM, said:

i hope so too. it's just because the dev team cant seem to trigger the bug, i mean, they tested to see if it triggers and it just don't. this is the info i got from someone. but that's the reason why people has been providing them with the vid or snapshot proof of it. but stilll... rip arti the dev wont care about em anymore. (oo)
Now it happens more often in all nest T^T
I'm really nervous when go to any nest, raid with my friends
Can't do any dame on boss, DPS is like sh*t *cry*

#16 Reizo

Reizo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Alot of Bakas
  • DN, Westwood
  • Aresteia

Posted 15 February 2017 - 02:07 PM

It didn't trigger as much before the kali patch. Now it triggers like 30~40% of the time :x Lappy's not lagging too much and connection is the nice green bar :3

Are all magic based archer class doomed to be bugged?

#17 ArchKaoru

ArchKaoru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Aestrie
  • DN, Westwood
  • Velvet

Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:56 PM

View PostzLove, on 12 February 2017 - 10:24 PM, said:

Now it happens more often in all nest T^T
I'm really nervous when go to any nest, raid with my friends
Can't do any dame on boss, DPS is like sh*t *cry*

true (sob)  im just wondering and probably want cc to answer this question :
"why cant u just take the measure taken by kdn to resolve this issue since a way to fix it has been found ? it's just the same kind of bug (mad) "

View PostReizo, on 15 February 2017 - 02:07 PM, said:

It didn't trigger as much before the kali patch. Now it triggers like 30~40% of the time :x Lappy's not lagging too much and connection is the nice green bar :3

Are all magic based archer class doomed to be bugged?

unfortunately sniper which is a physical type is also bugged. its just, archer is doomed to be bugged (:D)
and btw, from what i recently realised after upgrading my laptop, even the slightest super tiny lag where u dont even notice much will trigger the bug. u need a super 100% smooth play all the time to reduce the bug, which i believe will still trigger but just rarely. (;])

#18 zLove

zLove

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 07:32 PM

New patch fixed most of arti bugs
IM SO EXICITED
NO MORE CANNON DAME REDUCE, 3 HIT LOST FROM SWIFT SHOT (:D)
My dps increases crazy, at least 50% compare with the old ones (sob)

#19 ArchKaoru

ArchKaoru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Aestrie
  • DN, Westwood
  • Velvet

Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:51 PM

View PostzLove, on 28 February 2017 - 07:32 PM, said:

New patch fixed most of arti bugs
IM SO EXICITED
NO MORE CANNON DAME REDUCE, 3 HIT LOST FROM SWIFT SHOT br= My dps increases crazy, at least 50% compare with the old ones (sob)

Yes indeed. I didnt update this thread previously since i wanna test with lots of runs see how it went. and yeah most of the bug fixed now. Thanks goodness artillery is alive again (:D)  horayy

#20 GwiGooK

GwiGooK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 04 March 2017 - 12:47 PM

I still experience (Awakening) Extension Core no damage problem from time to time. (oo;)
It usually happens when I chain Scope Arrow and Extension Core too fast, or when I use Scope Arrow at laggy moments.