• This topic is locked This topic is locked
52 replies to this topic

#1 Hotaruhine

Hotaruhine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:07 AM

So I guess this Soulcrack/D is a very well known PVP Player who is complete with all CC plates intended for PVP.  To the mods I would like to question the overblown power of DA in its transformation. How come they can easily dodge elestras ice phere and not be frozen at most times. How come the distance each movement they can do is like an unlimited teleportation of FUs. How come that they have so much SA that a maxed shockwave cant even knock them down. How come that even at a far distance their skills can already knock or havoc another class down and even break SAs. I know that this game is dying and has never really been BALANCED. but i cant, i just cant..

#2 SorceressHater

SorceressHater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6889 posts
  • Xanavi Arta Silvia
  • DN, Holywood
  • SeaOfFlame

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:17 AM

How come this is in GD

#3 Vhanzy

Vhanzy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1027 posts
  • KuroHana
  • DN, Springwood
  • No Guild

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:11 AM

a sorc user questioning how imbalance other class is, this is gonna be good (:D)

#4 7Eleven

7Eleven

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • FL0R1A
  • DN, Holywood
  • Abrakadabra

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:17 AM

(fire) (fire) (fire) (fire) (fire)
(lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

On topic:

1. Passive SA skill
2. Use higher SA break/ stack your own SA
3. Dash dash dash
4. Latency

#5 Kyriezen

Kyriezen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3082 posts
  • DN, Springwood
  • ReikonShometsu

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:09 AM

3 years after, and GD still full of quality post (;])

in all seriousness, EL has been OP since 24 cap till i raven release and then the freeze mekanix nerf (:D)
anyone remembers Tanklestras, Palamental Lords and 45% chilling mist (:D)

#6 booyah

booyah

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • GM | Teenykimi
  • DN, Springwood
  • Fluffy Guild

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:25 AM

Each class is OP in its own way, learn to identify that and you WILL be op.

#7 ChellyChi

ChellyChi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1073 posts
  • CheIIy \ Espringale
  • DN, Springwood
  • VongolaVN

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:13 PM

View Postbooyah, on 15 January 2017 - 11:25 AM, said:

Each class is OP in its own way, learn to identify that and you WILL be op.

^
coming from a gearmaster. (:>)

#8 WildMist

WildMist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts
  • WildPerry | WildKeira
  • DN, Westwood
  • Battalion

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:28 PM

A sorceress, brought up how imba a warrior class, if he's talking about Gladiator then it's quite fine.

but DA ?

Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame.

I wonder if he fought my obviously-nerfed smasher will he call it imba too ?

#9 Akiha

Akiha

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1806 posts
  • I left a long time ago
  • DN, Springwood
  • NoPants // Servinity

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:38 PM

Balance in pvp is nonexistent, never have and never will be

*Also,  

View PostHotaruhine, on 15 January 2017 - 06:07 AM, said:

How come that even at a far distance their skills can already knock or havoc another class down and even break SAs.

DA's arent the only class who does this, and their ranged skill should have a limited range compared to the *other classes who have a larger range*  (no)

And aren't warriors usually considered *food* to sorcs, especially an...elestra? (shame)   you can fight them more, get more familiar with their playstyle and find a way to counter them whenever you meet them

#10 Terraofdeath

Terraofdeath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:43 PM

Take a look at ladder ranking

See many sorc and other classes compare to DA on the board (no) ?

#11 Sot

Sot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1880 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:57 PM

So I guess this Hotaruhine is not a very well known PVP Player who isn't complete with all CC plates intended for PVP.  To the mods I would like to question the overblown power of EL with fucking unfair poison missiles and whatnot. How come they can easily win by facerolling and button mashing and not feel shame complaining in forums at most times. How come the distance each movement they can do is like so fast compared to 24/7 slowed opponents. How come that they have so much SA which combo classes don't even get. How come that even at a far distance their skills can already knock or havoc another class down and even break SAs. I know that this game is dying and has never really been BALANCED. but i cant, i just cant..

#12 Jonaaaaaaathan

Jonaaaaaaathan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Diocampo
  • DN, Springwood
  • Vermillion

Posted 15 January 2017 - 01:38 PM

View PostVhanzy, on 15 January 2017 - 07:11 AM, said:

a sorc user questioning how imbalance other class is, this is gonna be good br=

(:D) (:D) (clap) (clap) (clap)

#13 zRISAz

zRISAz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 513 posts
  • IGN
  • DN, Holywood
  • Guild / Clan

Posted 15 January 2017 - 02:03 PM

You must be the Elestra from the captain mode ytd. LOL. I observed few games on the DA. The typical playstyle of spin-off class is often to wait for transform and hit (same applies to SH). When they transform they have the advantage of super long air time, action speed and dodge distance plus unable to differentiate which team he belongs to (due to same color transformation). The only thing I find and I don't like is sometimes he exploits the bug of the temple map such as jumping from the corner near the entrance which immediately teleports him to the top of bridge and the skill still continues. But loosely speaking, these are also the technique could be used. Same for last time, physician can jump up to bridge immediately with poison charging and punches (though already fixed).

#14 booyah

booyah

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • GM | Teenykimi
  • DN, Springwood
  • Fluffy Guild

Posted 15 January 2017 - 02:03 PM

View PostChellyChi, on 15 January 2017 - 12:13 PM, said:

^
coming from a gearmaster. (:>)

wat., i just said every class is OP if played right. (lol)
Yes, even LF. (shame)

@Ts: Go defensive when DA transforms. DA's usually rush you when they have transform, you can anticipate this and have your freeze ready. A good DA will wait for your freeze spells to be on CD, waste your evades, and then rush you. if you are in this situation, your best bet is to run away yourself or get your 80% hp taken out immediately.

You will have a hard time catching DA's when they transform, RUSH like hell when his transform is on cooldown. (up)

Edited by booyah, 15 January 2017 - 02:14 PM.

#15 ChellyChi

ChellyChi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1073 posts
  • CheIIy \ Espringale
  • DN, Springwood
  • VongolaVN

Posted 15 January 2017 - 02:09 PM

View PostzRISAz, on 15 January 2017 - 02:03 PM, said:

You must be the Elestra from the captain mode ytd. LOL. I observed few games on the DA. The typical playstyle of spin-off class is often to wait for transform and hit (same applies to SH). When they transform they have the advantage of super long air time, action speed and dodge distance plus unable to differentiate which team he belongs to (due to same color transformation). The only thing I find and I don't like is sometimes he exploits the bug of the temple map such as jumping from the corner near the entrance which immediately teleports him to the top of bridge and the skill still continues. But loosely speaking, these are also the technique could be used. Same for last time, physician can jump up to bridge immediately with poison charging and punches (though already fixed).

Applies to kof/ rounds 1v1 too. All spin off classes i fought with did the same thing, stalling time for xformation, and then rushes to you with no mercy, lmao . And when the transform expires, they are nowhere to be found.

View Postbooyah, on 15 January 2017 - 02:03 PM, said:

Yes, even LF. (shame)

Well ofc if u put it like that .such as kiting and waiting for burst skills,.

#16 ArchKaoru

ArchKaoru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Aestrie
  • DN, Westwood
  • Velvet

Posted 15 January 2017 - 02:24 PM

Poor DA who is already not popular in PVE, now they want the game dev to nerf them in pvp also (:D) rip DA

The only problem im seeing here is, u r not satisfied by how u keep losing to him cuz u seemed to mention his name at first.If u wanna question on DA only, then u dont really have to mention him at all (:>)
which mean that person is good in using DA. He understands it well and able to counter your skills cuz he understand your skills well.  Now its your turn to understand his (sorry)

#17 FuyunoKikyou

FuyunoKikyou

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1342 posts
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 15 January 2017 - 02:53 PM

View PostHotaruhine, on 15 January 2017 - 06:07 AM, said:

How come that they have so much SA that a maxed shockwave cant even knock them down. How come that even at a far distance their skills can already knock or havoc another class down and even break SAs.

these things also apply to elestra, you know (tense)
as for the tumble distance, DA transformation enhances the distance his tumble covers, thus he can move faster. Though without transformation, your blink beats his tumble.

like some have already said above, you should learn the class' abilities and come up with ways to defeat it instead of ranting about it here, especially when it's not even a prevalent class as compared to some truly overpowered awakened classes. Because it appears you haven't fully understood DA yet, hence your failure and ultimately your frustration.

#18 Hotaruhine

Hotaruhine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:45 PM

View Postbooyah, on 15 January 2017 - 02:03 PM, said:

Yes, even LF. (shame)

@Ts: Go defensive when DA transforms. DA's usually rush you when they have transform, you can anticipate this and have your freeze ready. A good DA will wait for your freeze spells to be on CD, waste your evades, and then rush you. if you are in this situation, your best bet is to run away yourself or get your 80% hp taken out immediately.

You will have a hard time catching DA's when they transform, RUSH like hell when his transform is on cooldown. (up)

Yes that's what I have learned about him. He just runs away when he's not in transformation. So basically he plays hit+run. However your advice to go defensive when DA is in transformation is quite difficult for sorce even for an elestra. It can even easily break a maxed ice barrier. I have all 4 sorce and even a majesty with all 4 space+time dodge skills falls insufficient. I survive only when I run during his in transformation. But running or fleeing away when he's in transformation is like a white flag and admission of DA being superior to all. So I'd like to have that justified.

By the way thanks to all who replied seriously and thanks to those who are just trolling around for upping this thread. You guys should try to play against this SoulcrackD and let's see.

#19 xEquation

xEquation

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5827 posts
  • PepperPoke | EonKreuz
  • DN, Holywood
  • Phyrexians | Treadstone

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:26 PM

i hate DAs too, but i hate MLs even more lately

#20 booyah

booyah

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • GM | Teenykimi
  • DN, Springwood
  • Fluffy Guild

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:32 PM

I think its pretty clear that some classes are really imbalanced when it comes to certain playstyles.

You can do 2 things:
1. Kick the player out.
This option is recommended if he starts to trash talk.)

2. Let him stay, Learn what makes him OP, and see if you can beat his moves.
This will involve you dying a lot, and probably having to bear his trash talking, but its all for your exp, if you are the type that gets easily offended by a few mild remarks, its best you go with option 1

DN is nowhere near any of the top eSports out there, so chill and pvp for your fun and happiness. if you feel some classes are too stupid for your tastes, just kick them out.

Peace ^^

Edited by booyah, 15 January 2017 - 07:37 PM.