#1 faustius

faustius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5835 posts
  • BaSingSe
  • DN, Springwood
  • If your signature is turned off, and/or in-need of profile photo on DN forum, you can check some good icons at Fan Media subsection for my work: Dragon Nest Class and Skill icons. It's free.

Posted 05 February 2017 - 03:22 PM

I made a Chronicle and haven't maxed her level because of how hard to use her abilities. I'm literally confused on the skill rotations. I had that same dilemma on Arch Heretic until I found out Guilt Attack's cooldown can be reduced to 2 sec at max level, and Carnage is its bread&butter aside from the Evil Hand chain.

How do you even do that gear thing, there seems nothing that explains that mechanic. I really wanna enjoy playing as our furry hipgirl. I also think I made a Ruina, so if that can help.

#2 PawHammer

PawHammer

• 1156 posts
  • PawMimi
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Dreamfarer

Posted 05 February 2017 - 04:01 PM

What class are you talking about, Ruina or Defensio? Pve or Pvp? I think you are speaking about defensio, and if that is the case, I'll be very happy to help, as I main one of the two/three possible playstyles.

Have a nice day!

#3 Reizelle

Reizelle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Some Random Inquisitor
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 05 February 2017 - 04:20 PM

I've found these several guides very helpful. Especially with the combos and stuff.

Punching Your Way To Victory - Ruina & Defensio Pve Guide by melonee

http://forum.cherryc...nsio-pve-guide/

Machina (Ruina/Defensio) Guide (updated) by Nightingale

https://nightingale0...-guide-updated/

If you have an Acrobat class then you'll feel right at home with the Machina. I'd like to add that, from my personal experience, the machina class takes time to get used to but is so rewarding if you get a good rotation off whilst doing a nest run. Hope the guides help you in some ways.

#4 faustius

faustius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5835 posts
  • BaSingSe
  • DN, Springwood
  • If your signature is turned off, and/or in-need of profile photo on DN forum, you can check some good icons at Fan Media subsection for my work: Dragon Nest Class and Skill icons. It's free.

Posted 05 February 2017 - 05:21 PM

View PostPawHammer, on 05 February 2017 - 04:01 PM, said:

What class are you talking about, Ruina or Defensio? Pve or Pvp? I think you are speaking about defensio, and if that is the case, I'll be very happy to help, as I main one of the two/three possible playstyles.

Have a nice day!

Ruina, for PvE only.

Guides are a little outdated since there is no dash in the skill builds, unless that's irrelevant and the old builds still work.

Edited by faustius, 05 February 2017 - 05:22 PM.

#5 DeathRayFear

DeathRayFear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3473 posts
  • I'm being held against
  • my will by RΛZΞR

Posted 05 February 2017 - 07:14 PM

Since we machina got ninja patched she's a little different from what she used to be before.

Things you need to know:

gear step skills are: rock away, foot stomp, step up
-gain bubbles by using gear steps
- hitting enemies with gear step skills decreases cd of ruina skills(all the skills with ex, including beat down)

Ducking - max it
Overboost - when you gather 20 bubbles overboost automatically resets its duration, so spamming gear step is the easiest way to make sure you dont have to rebuff yourself, right click>right click>space>right click>space>right click, etc. while you're on overboost, also works with left click

DPS

-after using any of her skills make sure your already holding down your left click while your on overboost so your skill's damage gets transfered to your melee attack.
-remember to chain your gear steps with her skills for the additional damage, and what I mean is: gear step>right or left click.
-if you just press a skill after a gear step, you wont gain the additional damage.

I tried, so I hope this helps

Edited by DeathRayFear, 05 February 2017 - 07:15 PM.

#6 faustius

faustius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5835 posts
  • BaSingSe
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:15 AM

View PostDeathRayFear, on 05 February 2017 - 07:14 PM, said:

yep... I see the patterns now. next I just gotta know how to do those charged palm attacks in chains.

I was about to practice all of her gear steps but fish me for accepting a fake master-apprentice. bastard went offline immediately, he was after the box and not gonna help me... which I won't give. gonna try this later evening after I delete him.

Edited by faustius, 06 February 2017 - 12:16 AM.

#7 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:48 AM

http://forum.cherryc...s/page__st__140

some good information from the thread above

look out for shinefactor's explanation and videos. he's a good ruina player (as of the new one, not many as experienced as him)

#8 Jakielyn

Jakielyn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 11:05 AM

View PostDeathRayFear, on 05 February 2017 - 07:14 PM, said:

- hitting enemies with gear step skills decreases cd of ruina skills(all the skills with ex, including beat down)
Beat Down and Leap Over's CD doesn't decrease. Only the EX skills.
Plus Kidney Blow Instant's CD doesn't decrease too.

#9 CryCryCryzlle

CryCryCryzlle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:10 PM

For everyone who still play this class on pvp, a few tips

-Ruina is fast dps, defensio is nuker type
- Learn the basic 'flyby, roll, and normal' combo. With a single rotation[3 charges] u can dish out 75k both classes
- Ruina have only 1 aerial evasion makes it much harder to use, but also are clerics and lolis. Timing is key
- Use gear steps when clashing[ u and opponent skill together] to soak dmg, or not to get flinched
- Lariat is ur bf, always use it
- Dont push ur luck on enemies that have high SA break, use beatdown to dodge then counter.
-remember to use B reaction to refresh flyby, and juggle enemies
- While doing flyby, use fishK so that enemies counter will be soaked if ever, ex ver or none. Also best if plated for ruina

If u tend to ve on holywood pm me Hereticka so i can show u things that hard 2 explain

Cheers..