• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 bluspiritXD

bluspiritXD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 09:03 PM

Hi, I job changed from Ruina to Defensio and I'm not really familiar with the skill rotation and would like some help in PvE.

I'm currently using this combo.

[To initiate] Beyond the wall>Beat down instant>Taunting blow + Rclick>Repair>Taunting blow>Step up + Beat down>Leap Over + cancel>repeat from BTW

The main problem that I encounter from my combo is that the MP consumption is TOO HIGH. Another problem is when using Leap over, it would randomly take me so high in the air and have no idea how to control it. I tried using directional keys but it still happens randomly. Trying to use Beyond the wall after being taken so high in the air would sometimes result to failure and so I would sometimes omit Leap over. Skipping Leap over would create an awkward idle time though.

I thought of using overcharge but the charging is too long if it's not Ruina and I'm not confident in making the full hits connect unless the target is extra huge because I slip through most of time. It's one of the reason I job changed to Defensio by the way.

off topic question: What's the  best Machina hairstyle (earstyle)?
I'

#2 ShineFactor

ShineFactor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 01:33 PM

Ok, so first, like I told several defensio users already, you're missing the double taunting blow explosion, meaning that you're losing a lot of dmg, you also dont seem to use flow up, which is kinda sad since it has a 20% dmg debuff

View PostShineFactor, on 22 December 2016 - 03:27 PM, said:

An important detail I forgot to mention, since this is gonna be very important for post revamp defensio, the mark is actually still there during the explosion, meaning that if you TB + right click => repair =>TB right click during the previous explosion, it is like you are detonating 3 TB instead of 2.

So your biggest burst post revamp will rely in using twice the double TB and detonating the 2 last TB manually with the proper timing.

Then, about leap over bug, what you can and should do, is spamming spacebar if you feel like it's gonna occur, leap over ex gain the ability to cancel in the air as soon as you press spacebar, then you can chain into btw beat down exi, here's a rotation you could try :

Foot stomp => left click (flow up)
=> taunting blow + norm atk => repair taunting blow + norm atk
=> step up beat down + charging gear 1st charge (release left click as soon as you see the blue light, main purpose is to be able to use duck to reset step up as you will need it for leap over)
=> spacebar x2 (duck + step up) => right click (leap over, make sure not to cancel the spinning part, its dmg is good)
=> spacebar in the air => btw + beat down exi + norm atk
=> flow up (manual or with stomp, doesnt matter, depends if you need to refresh AS/SA buff)
=> taunting blow right click =>repair=> taunting blow right click.

In gotta admit, funny how there are much more fensio than ruina lately :lol:

Hopefully it helped, I may make a rotation video as soon as I can since many fensios are appearing these days

Edited by ShineFactor, 07 February 2017 - 01:38 PM.

#3 PawHammer

PawHammer

• 1125 posts
  • PawMimi
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Dreamfarer

Posted 07 February 2017 - 01:40 PM

Hello there! It's always a pleasure to see someone interested in a class I love to play, but be aware that after the revamp there is two ways of playing her: the tank and the sub damage dealer (and everything inbetween). If you happen to like the tank job, I'll be very glad to try and help you out with this, if you decide to go the dps way, I will try to reply from what I know so far (haven't got the Defensio revamp on EU yet, so I am not too keen on this matter).

First, I will answer some of your general doubts. Defensio in general owes all of her damage and a quarter of her utility to Taunting blow, which is an EX skill that consumes a bunch of MP. Before the revamp, you could recover MP without any problems, but that now it is impossible. Post-revamp defensio, as predicted, eats a lot of MP, and that is something your rotation has nothing to do with. Try teaming up with a class that can help you recover your MP (loli, saint, light fury assuming they can drop MP heal items/use skills to recover your MP).

Leap over has a bug where it will launch you very high in the air only if you let it fully charge. If you press normal attack button to release it early, you will avoid this bug. However, do not instantly cancel it, because the spin part carries very decent damage, try to time it well!

Charging gear is still a must have/must use skill on defensio, as it enables you to deal damage on the spot. For example, try using Taunting blow and keeping normal attack button pressed. The punches you deal after the TB have the same damage taunting blow has. This is very useful, and you do not need to fully charge it to use it (for example, do 3 hits without charging it).

About your rotation, i will not infer on how damage is dealt, but after the revamp, defensio got a new debuff on flow up, which you are supposed to use at the beginning/in the middle of your rotation, which I would advice to start with:

Taunting blow (do not blow it up, and it is up to you if you want to CG it or not) > Repair > Taunting blow (again, you should CG this one)> Release charging gear + duck > rest of your rotation until taunting blow is off cooldown and repair is around 2 seconds cooldown > Taunting blow (right click to blow up) > repair as fast as you can > Taunting blow as fast as you can (right click to blow it up) // Repeat this til the boss is dead.

The reason behind this rotation is the fact that taunting blow's mark can be exploded twice if you are fast enough (Credit to ShineFactor for telling me this), which effectively doubles the damage you can do with taunting blow. Here's a video I made about my current rotation, but bear in mind this is prior to the revamp, so now you need to debuff, and you can only stack up to four taunting blow marks on a boss: https://youtu.be/bhQtGl7jOxg After the revamp arrives, I will do my own video as well to show how I adapted to it. And again, you do NOT need to charge the charging gear to max, or even charge it at all. This video should, however, show you how to double explode the taunting blow marks and some interesting stuff you can apply to your own rotation (like ducking after a charge release, or gear steps before taunting blows to increase action speed and super armor).

Have a very nice day, and have fun trying this class!

Edit: got ninja'd by ShineFactor e___e

Edit 2: My prefered hair/earstyle is

Posted Image

#4 HurriDANCE

HurriDANCE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5180 posts
  • I'm your
  • DN, Springwood
  • Tempest

Posted 08 February 2017 - 09:33 AM

^ deym feet (:>)

might as well change my Ruina to defensio
  • Ruina's gameplay now becomes boring
  • There's that bug when using flow thru > kidney blow exi > that charging thing won't register any hits
  • I am still relying on Beat Down > that charging thing
  • Because, why not?
  • ???
  • (:>) (:>) (:>)

#5 PawHammer

PawHammer

• 1125 posts
  • PawMimi
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Dreamfarer

Posted 08 February 2017 - 10:01 AM

If you want to deal damage, better stay as Ruina. Higher skill requirement for a better result, I would not reccommend it (damage wise, that is).

#6 ShineFactor

ShineFactor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 01:06 PM

View PostHurriDANCE, on 08 February 2017 - 09:33 AM, said:

^ deym feet (:>)

might as well change my Ruina to defensio
  • Ruina's gameplay now becomes boring
  • There's that bug when using flow thru > kidney blow exi > that charging thing won't register any hits
  • I am still relying on Beat Down > that charging thing
  • Because, why not?
  • ???
  • (:>) (:>) (:>)

If you find ruina boring, I hope you're ready for fensio, because she's all about pressing the tb trigger, that's literally the only skill making these HP bar drop :lol:

#7 HurriDANCE

HurriDANCE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5180 posts
  • I'm your
  • DN, Springwood
  • Tempest

Posted 08 February 2017 - 01:55 PM

Least, it's a new perspective.

#8 ShineFactor

ShineFactor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 06:17 PM

View PostHurriDANCE, on 08 February 2017 - 01:55 PM, said:

Least, it's a new perspective.

You should have been in the fensio corner when that kind of rotation was still possible :

https://youtu.be/r4yRWEVxiZE

#9 HurriDANCE

HurriDANCE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5180 posts
  • I'm your
  • DN, Springwood
  • Tempest

Posted 08 February 2017 - 06:49 PM

View PostShineFactor, on 08 February 2017 - 06:17 PM, said:

You should have been in the fensio corner when that kind of rotation was still possible :

https://youtu.be/r4yRWEVxiZE

Was just busy making her my account mascot (:>)
She's still level 90, but would probably make her 93 some time soon (shame)

#10 bluspiritXD

bluspiritXD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 04:59 PM

And here I thought my topic was removed by moderators, it was just delayed.

Thanks for the replies! Thanks for pointing out about the lack of Flow up in my rotation and the Taunting blow explosion trick. I just went to TKN practice mode to try out a new rotation (I actually just added up some clicking)

Beyond the Wall>Beat down EXi>Foot stomp + Flow up (first hit only)>Taunting blow + Rclick>Repair>Taunting blow + Lclick (first hit only)>Step up + Beat down>Leap Over>Beyond the Wall ...

Reason why I avoid charging most of the skills is because I want to make my rotation within the 10 seconds duration of Beyond the Wall's shield or at least, close to it. Also sacrificing a few seconds on resetting Step up makes me feel uneasy. I'll also hold back from charging every Taunting blow because I also want to keep the aggro to myself. Tanking it with shield on is easier for me and feels oddly satisfying. Fully charging Beat down and Leap over at the same time takes too much time so I'll have to sacrifice one.

A question about Flow up: Has the 20% dmg inc. debuff always been there? Which one is stronger by the way? Beat down or Leap over? I felt ninja'd there. How can I also reach 4m HP? @_@

#11 bluspiritXD

bluspiritXD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 05:01 PM

I'm also thinking of using up my remaining 20+ skill points on Flow up. Am I making a wise decision?

#12 PawHammer

PawHammer

• 1125 posts
  • PawMimi
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Dreamfarer

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:39 AM

View PostbluspiritXD, on 09 February 2017 - 04:59 PM, said:

A question about Flow up: Has the 20% dmg inc. debuff always been there? Which one is stronger by the way? Beat down or Leap over? I felt ninja'd there. How can I also reach 4m HP? @_@
1) No, it's new after the revamp.

2) Leap over is way stronger than beat down, but beat down is easier to cast and land in general.

3) RDNL+12 or IDNL+12 and lots of 3rd VIT/VIT% stuff.

View PostbluspiritXD, on 09 February 2017 - 05:01 PM, said:

I'm also thinking of using up my remaining 20+ skill points on Flow up. Am I making a wise decision?
No, it's a bad idea. Flow up's damage is terrible and it's useful at level 1 for the debuff it gives, nothing else. But if you are using a base build, I guess you can do that? I mean, it's not going to matter, because you deal damage with three skills only and there's no utility skills you can level up. Maybe max foot stomp because it has a secondary effect and flying knee kick to level 6?

About what you mentioned of being worried about not having a shield, you do not need to fully charge your punches, as I said, you can just do [TB>punch, punch, punch> other skill without charging] for instance and it will increase your effectiveness already. About your rotation, I insist that if you need the damage, you should try to double-explode taunting blow, or at the very least (if you are very concerned about agro), blow up a stack of three explosions. About beyond the wall, you don't necessarily need to keep it active 100% of the time, as Defensio has very high defense values and can block herself out of most of her skills in case of emergency (including overclocking) and heal back up later. It is a good setup skill and a debuff you should apply on the boss often, but not really to the point it interferes with your rotation and feeling comfortable playing her.

#13 IceMichiho

IceMichiho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • IceMichiho
  • DN, Springwood
  • Seaofflame

Posted 19 February 2017 - 05:00 AM

View PostPawHammer, on 07 February 2017 - 01:40 PM, said:

Hello there! It's always a pleasure to see someone interested in a class I love to play, but be aware that after the revamp there is two ways of playing her: the tank and the sub damage dealer (and everything inbetween). If you happen to like the tank job, I'll be very glad to try and help you out with this, if you decide to go the dps way, I will try to reply from what I know so far (haven't got the Defensio revamp on EU yet, so I am not too keen on this matter).

First, I will answer some of your general doubts. Defensio in general owes all of her damage and a quarter of her utility to Taunting blow, which is an EX skill that consumes a bunch of MP. Before the revamp, you could recover MP without any problems, but that now it is impossible. Post-revamp defensio, as predicted, eats a lot of MP, and that is something your rotation has nothing to do with. Try teaming up with a class that can help you recover your MP (loli, saint, light fury assuming they can drop MP heal items/use skills to recover your MP).

Leap over has a bug where it will launch you very high in the air only if you let it fully charge. If you press normal attack button to release it early, you will avoid this bug. However, do not instantly cancel it, because the spin part carries very decent damage, try to time it well!

Charging gear is still a must have/must use skill on defensio, as it enables you to deal damage on the spot. For example, try using Taunting blow and keeping normal attack button pressed. The punches you deal after the TB have the same damage taunting blow has. This is very useful, and you do not need to fully charge it to use it (for example, do 3 hits without charging it).

About your rotation, i will not infer on how damage is dealt, but after the revamp, defensio got a new debuff on flow up, which you are supposed to use at the beginning/in the middle of your rotation, which I would advice to start with:

Taunting blow (do not blow it up, and it is up to you if you want to CG it or not) > Repair > Taunting blow (again, you should CG this one)> Release charging gear + duck > rest of your rotation until taunting blow is off cooldown and repair is around 2 seconds cooldown > Taunting blow (right click to blow up) > repair as fast as you can > Taunting blow as fast as you can (right click to blow it up) // Repeat this til the boss is dead.

The reason behind this rotation is the fact that taunting blow's mark can be exploded twice if you are fast enough (Credit to ShineFactor for telling me this), which effectively doubles the damage you can do with taunting blow. Here's a video I made about my current rotation, but bear in mind this is prior to the revamp, so now you need to debuff, and you can only stack up to four taunting blow marks on a boss: https://youtu.be/bhQtGl7jOxg After the revamp arrives, I will do my own video as well to show how I adapted to it. And again, you do NOT need to charge the charging gear to max, or even charge it at all. This video should, however, show you how to double explode the taunting blow marks and some interesting stuff you can apply to your own rotation (like ducking after a charge release, or gear steps before taunting blows to increase action speed and super armor).

Have a very nice day, and have fun trying this class!

Edit: got ninja'd by ShineFactor e___e

Edit 2: My prefered hair/earstyle is

Posted Image

How to do the double taunting blow may I know?

How is the rotation for defensio now like - which includes the double tb

Sorry Im making an offensive defensio now (:D)

#14 PawHammer

PawHammer

• 1125 posts
  • PawMimi
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Dreamfarer

Posted 20 February 2017 - 01:00 AM

View PostIceMichiho, on 19 February 2017 - 05:00 AM, said:

How to do the double taunting blow may I know?

How is the rotation for defensio now like - which includes the double tb

Sorry Im making an offensive defensio now %20br=

Taunting blow + explode + repair + taunting blow + explode while being fast enough.

About offensive defensio, I have nothing to say to you.

#15 Feel

Feel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 728 posts
  • OreoooBaby|xlEuxine
  • DN, Holywood
  • Rozenkraus|Diamonds

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:30 AM

To add about the double explosion, make sure you have a gear step AS buff and Overboost buff so you can easily do it fast enough.

Regarding rotations, I'm having a hard time doing the 3x + 4x Taunting Blow explosions because the bosses move a lot. So I always resort to 2x explosions only (T.T)

#16 IceMichiho

IceMichiho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • IceMichiho
  • DN, Springwood
  • Seaofflame

Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:53 PM

View PostFeel, on 21 February 2017 - 08:30 AM, said:

To add about the double explosion, make sure you have a gear step AS buff and Overboost buff so you can easily do it fast enough.

Regarding rotations, I'm having a hard time doing the 3x + 4x Taunting Blow explosions because the bosses move a lot. So I always resort to 2x explosions only (T.T)

View PostPawHammer, on 20 February 2017 - 01:00 AM, said:

Taunting blow + explode + repair + taunting blow + explode while being fast enough.

About offensive defensio, I have nothing to say to you.

Thank you guys!