Jump to content


Need Opinions : Least Op Class For Pvp At 93 Cap


  • Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#1 lutfi91

lutfi91

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • xSolareas
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Gummy

Posted 12 February 2017 - 12:42 AM

look guys, i know OP is a relatively subjective word. but come on, be honest, as of 93 cap , PVP is broken and almost every class has some form of OP one punch man skill that can turn the tides of the game in an instant.

MY question is what do you think is the most underpowered class in PVP @ 93 cap? (for 1v1 specifically)

I'm leaning more towards Light Furies and maybe Ruinas (because Defensios are the more preferred sister class for PVP, from what i observe)

I would have picked lanceas, but now they received a buff and they're actually quite strong now , not OP by any means, but strong (just an opinion),

ThoughtS?

#2 booyah

booyah

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1715 posts
  • GM | Teenykimi
  • DN, Springwood
  • Fluffy Guild

Posted 12 February 2017 - 01:05 AM

Ruina's dmg is on wtf terms. Light furies will fit your bill.

#3 WildMist

WildMist

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts
  • WildPerry | WildKeira
  • DN, Westwood
  • Battalion

Posted 12 February 2017 - 01:33 AM

For me, Smasher, she can still lock her enemies but her damage is lower than her sisters, spectrum shower nerfed, laser ray nerfed, arcane nerfed, beyond time nerfed, i still have to combo my enemies at least 3 times until they're dead.

This is coming from someone who plays 4 sorc in 1vs1 pvp and i can assure you wont feel OP or very weak either, even majesty has higher dmg now due to her awakening skills.

You need to analyze your choice too, how high its damage ? how many SA skills it has ? dodges ? SA break skills ? iframe skills ?

Lancea is a great choice as well, they're strong but not on WTF level, their power is still acceptable for a fair pvp play.

#4 ChellyChi

ChellyChi

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1249 posts
  • CheIIy \ Espringale
  • DN, Springwood
  • VongolaVN

Posted 12 February 2017 - 01:44 AM

Flurry is strong, definitely OP now, you guys havent play with a skilled one yet. Lmao, you probably cant even move while one single rotation can kill you.

Sb is underwhelming on the other hand, ruina(maybe), sniper( after ss nerf), artillery, and probably shooting stars too.
I main a shooting star and all i can say is its pretty **** in rounds due to softban, and i cant dish out insane damage like other class could.

#5 XxXh0lic

XxXh0lic

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1171 posts
  • OverNeko, Hikariful
  • DN, Westwood
  • ColosseumKnight

Posted 12 February 2017 - 02:01 AM

Obligatory Light Fury

Sniper - she had her time but as always, Archers get the short end of the stick. She's just annoying now and needs a lot of skill to pilot.

Artillery - she has always been an underdog ever since.

Ruina - you can never afford to even make a single mistake with this character.

#6 k0npaku

k0npaku

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • ObeseWalkr
  • DN, Holywood
  • McDonalds

Posted 12 February 2017 - 02:04 AM

1) Ruina. Sure, I can burn 90k from your HP by 1 skill with her without overboosting myself but I need to catch someone which is very hard in this "Run&Use awk" era. And she dont have any reliable Iframe+only 1 escape. Defensio in other hand is much more OP even more after last changes. Auto-exploding mark is just WTF why would you make such imba skills like this

2) Rippers. They, again, suffer from "running" era while still can dominate almost everything in close range. Basically they're just gladi that cant chase you with 50% less dmg/HP and without any defence abilities

3) Smasher. If you trying to play wombo combo and not just run&spam

4) light fury. Weakest class

5) Hunters. Only if you trying to play wombo combo style.

Lulz) Saint. Watch that: https://www.youtube....h?v=Kqfvj6MZpoU

#7 lutfi91

lutfi91

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • xSolareas
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Gummy

Posted 12 February 2017 - 02:15 AM

for the purpose of this thread, imma say no softban, all skills, all out. thus, i don't think shooting stars fit that bill at all (biochemical spams anyone?). in my opinion at least.

Also my intention of starting this thread is not to start an all out debate on which class is weak and deserves a boost start a petition bla bla bla. i just want to give myself a challenge by using a relatively weak and non-common class to pvp with.

Been experimenting with LFs and they're great, i like the expression people give me when they lose to mine LOL.
seems like Ruinas been mentioned a few times, might experiment with one soon.

disagree on Ripper, "dominate almost everything in close range" is OP enough for me lol (once again just my opinion)

anyway keep em coming, would love to hear those justifications as well.

#8 ChellyChi

ChellyChi

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1249 posts
  • CheIIy \ Espringale
  • DN, Springwood
  • VongolaVN

Posted 12 February 2017 - 02:30 AM

View Postlutfi91, on 12 February 2017 - 02:15 AM, said:

for the purpose of this thread, imma say no softban, all skills, all out. thus, i don't think shooting stars fit that bill at all (biochemical spams anyone?). in my opinion at least.



bcm tbh is hard to land even tho cd is short, caster is also vulnerable while casting, when faced with fast classes or classes with high SAB skills eg palas , acros. i dont think loli can stand a chance.( if we dont consider kite)

#9 booyah

booyah

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1715 posts
  • GM | Teenykimi
  • DN, Springwood
  • Fluffy Guild

Posted 12 February 2017 - 02:30 AM

for me LF is the ONLY class out there that requires a tremendous amount of skill to survive in this era.

All other classes can easily change the tide of the battle in a few seconds.

#10 lutfi91

lutfi91

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • xSolareas
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Gummy

Posted 12 February 2017 - 04:07 AM

Not to mention sins have yet to receive their awakenings. Kdn receiving them in march i heard. So we'll see if LFs will remain "underpowered" by then :D

#11 ZxcTrolol

ZxcTrolol

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 09:13 AM

Inquusitors will be a dead class when the 2nd batch of nerf for priest arrives.


#12 Handyyy

Handyyy

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Ritsukax
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 12 February 2017 - 12:42 PM

Prolly Light fury?
>Havent seen 1 since idk when. Like 90cap?
If not Arti and physician(When then next batch of nerfs comes) Bye physician

#13 Limey

Limey

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 02:31 PM

LF - universal weak class, even summons can't help you

Sniper/Arty - Weak if play like a normal player. Strong if play like a dog

Physician - Weak only after physician nerf, which have yet to come I think

Ruina - Weak only against kiters

SS - Weak without summons, ok ok with summons

GM - Weak without summons, GOD TIER with summons


Ripper is definitely not weak. 3 evades + good damage + high sab + SONGDA + heal + invincibility + ranged 1200 SAB + four CTC skills + 20 CD lvl 50 skill (shortest among all 50 skills) + chance of clones rekting your entire life =/= weak even against kiters

#14 XxXh0lic

XxXh0lic

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1171 posts
  • OverNeko, Hikariful
  • DN, Westwood
  • ColosseumKnight

Posted 12 February 2017 - 05:18 PM

View Postlutfi91, on 12 February 2017 - 04:07 AM, said:

Not to mention sins have yet to receive their awakenings. Kdn receiving them in march i heard. So we'll see if LFs will remain "underpowered" by then :D

I will never believe that Rippers are weak. If all classes will compete against each other with equally skilled pilots then Ripper would probably outmatch every single one of them. The only disadvantage he has is his weak defenses. Once he lures players at his pace, they're already at his mercy.

#15 lutfi91

lutfi91

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • xSolareas
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Gummy

Posted 12 February 2017 - 06:19 PM

View PostXxXh0lic, on 12 February 2017 - 05:18 PM, said:

I will never believe that Rippers are weak. If all classes will compete against each other with equally skilled pilots then Ripper would probably outmatch every single one of them. The only disadvantage he has is his weak defenses. Once he lures players at his pace, they're already at his mercy.

agreed, even if they're not OP, they're definitely NOT underpowered (which is the topic at hand). in any case, i found my answers, so thank you everybody :)

#16 booyah

booyah

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1715 posts
  • GM | Teenykimi
  • DN, Springwood
  • Fluffy Guild

Posted 12 February 2017 - 07:21 PM

if you truly want a challenge, go summonless gm.

you'll be playing like having a little stick vs everyone having guns.

#17 xEquation

xEquation

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5960 posts
  • PepperPoke | EonKreuz
  • DN, Holywood
  • Phyrexians | Treadstone

Posted 12 February 2017 - 07:46 PM

View Postbooyah, on 12 February 2017 - 07:21 PM, said:

if you truly want a challenge, go summonless gm.

you'll be playing like having a little stick vs everyone having guns.

stickless saint ples

#18 k0npaku

k0npaku

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • ObeseWalkr
  • DN, Holywood
  • McDonalds

Posted 12 February 2017 - 10:18 PM

I've never said that rippers are weak. Only that they cant really punish even mediocre kite. But today everyone just runs by the edges of map waiting for their OP skills to cooldown.
A good gladi definetly can win against ripper even if he'll go all melee. Good machina also. Good acro also. Good lancea also. Dancers are pain in the ass so they're also.

I cant really blame someone because they just dont want to go melee with ripp. Problem is that ripp himself have only 1 skill to chase someone running away and that skill can easily be countered. That makes him not so good against equally good kiter opponent.
Srsly.

Also sin's HP and def is just bullshet against any damage. Ive provided a video in last post

Edited by k0npaku, 12 February 2017 - 10:24 PM.


#19 Limey

Limey

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 03:17 PM

View Postk0npaku, on 12 February 2017 - 10:18 PM, said:

I've never said that rippers are weak. Only that they cant really punish even mediocre kite. But today everyone just runs by the edges of map waiting for their OP skills to cooldown.
A good gladi definetly can win against ripper even if he'll go all melee. Good machina also. Good acro also. Good lancea also. Dancers are pain in the ass so they're also.

I cant really blame someone because they just dont want to go melee with ripp. Problem is that ripp himself have only 1 skill to chase someone running away and that skill can easily be countered. That makes him not so good against equally good kiter opponent.
Srsly.

Also sin's HP and def is just bullshet against any damage. Ive provided a video in last post

Your video proved nothing, since that same skill can easily destroy any class. In fact, it can destroy warriors, machina much easier because they don't have emergency tumble to escape. That ripper in the video made a mistake of using up his fake log and that is the reason why he cannot escape the skill. Same thing will happen for any class who waste their emergency tumble.

You said sin's HP and def is weak, well I dont mind having lower HP so that I can get chaser's 3 evades + feint. The fact that they can easily escape more skills gives them overall on par survivability relative to other classes. If you are a chaser, and you foolishly waste your 3 evades and get combo-ed down from 90% > 5% (due to feint), you only have yourself to blame for wasting your evade, whereas other classes can only afford to make a few mistakes before getting their HP down from 90% > 0% (no feint).

If you get combo-ed as a ripper, either you are very careless, or your opponent is just too good. It does not take away the inherent fact that ripper has the edge in terms of evading moves better than the entire DN population, or the fact that they have one of the best SAB to initiate an attack to destroy their opponents.

Edited by Limey, 13 February 2017 - 03:18 PM.


#20 Handyyy

Handyyy

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Ritsukax
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 13 February 2017 - 05:32 PM

View PostLimey, on 13 February 2017 - 03:17 PM, said:

Your video proved nothing, since that same skill can easily destroy any class. In fact, it can destroy warriors, machina much easier because they don't have emergency tumble to escape. That ripper in the video made a mistake of using up his fake log and that is the reason why he cannot escape the skill. Same thing will happen for any class who waste their emergency tumble.

You said sin's HP and def is weak, well I dont mind having lower HP so that I can get chaser's 3 evades + feint. The fact that they can easily escape more skills gives them overall on par survivability relative to other classes. If you are a chaser, and you foolishly waste your 3 evades and get combo-ed down from 90% > 5% (due to feint), you only have yourself to blame for wasting your evade, whereas other classes can only afford to make a few mistakes before getting their HP down from 90% > 0% (no feint).

If you get combo-ed as a ripper, either you are very careless, or your opponent is just too good. It does not take away the inherent fact that ripper has the edge in terms of evading moves better than the entire DN population, or the fact that they have one of the best SAB to initiate an attack to destroy their opponents.
also ripper's wtf sa break on 90% of their skills.