• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Kurabawara
  • I am the guild

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:06 AM

View Postlutfi91, on 17 February 2017 - 02:28 AM, said:

What about DA in 93 cap? thoughts?

DA outside of trans is nothing to rave about but your transform as a DA gives you the ability to turn any fight around and make a huge comeback. Overall it's not "broken" per se, but certainly, has the potential to nuke people's HP EXTREMELY fast in trans mode

#43 XxXh0lic

XxXh0lic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1171 posts
  • OverNeko, Hikariful
  • DN, Westwood
  • ColosseumKnight

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:19 PM

View PostKuru, on 17 February 2017 - 09:06 AM, said:

DA outside of trans is nothing to rave about but your transform as a DA gives you the ability to turn any fight around and make a huge comeback. Overall it's not "broken" per se, but certainly, has the potential to nuke people's HP EXTREMELY fast in trans mode

Agreed. Not much of a threat in normal state but when transformed, can easily turn the tides of battle in his favor especially with the drastic action speed increase and heavy hitting skills. He can also use his transformation a lot compared to Silver Hunters.

#44 Kuru

Kuru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Kurabawara
  • I am the guild

Posted 18 February 2017 - 11:49 AM

As for the topic of this thread. This is my list in no particular order with my personal opinion on each class.

Barbarian - This one i was hesitant to put on the list but i went with it anyway, here's my reasoning for it. Barbarian has become a class that is PURELY damage, with the lack of iFrames and extreme lack of SA now, countering/closing down distance has become a difficult task against players of the same skill. Along with the fact that you're limited to 1 AE (Some people count Relieve as an evade... give it an iframe and remove the animation lock, then we'll talk) and 1 counter from the ground, you have to be smart with how you evade people else you'll just turn into a combo dummy for 18 seconds at a time. The aspects of Barb that make it strong are probably its ridiculous damage.... just why.... That and its ability to lift up almost any combo if a mistake was made.

Light Fury - Despite the fact that I barely log enough time into this class to know how to tie my shoes on it. I can say that you'll have a challenging time fighting anyone who actually knows what they're doing if you're a Light Fury, read the above posts to put together an opinion though.

Sniper/Artillery - This is more applied to sniper than artillery but anywho. After the nerfs that were applied to this class, it's really died off and any Bowmasters I end up fighting seem to struggle unless they run rings around the map. It's just the overall zoning of an enemy without the siege stance reliance that used to be there. Throw in EVERY class has dash, most classes that manage at a medium range will be able to keep you within their grasp the entire time.

Dark Avenger - Read above

Inquisitors (SOON) - With all the nerfs to their lightning and their abilities, expect to see a LOT of inquisitor players drop off the map. (Same as all the Phys who are crutching Poison)

(These classes are only on this list as I have not been able to find anyone who can utilize them properly in 93 cap Lost temple 1v1. If you find me a video of someone who can disprove each of my points i made earlier, i'll gladly change this list as it is needed)

#45 Handyyy

Handyyy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Ritsukax
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 18 February 2017 - 11:34 PM

View PostKuru, on 18 February 2017 - 11:49 AM, said:

-
agreed. Mang, devs took away high sa from barb ( merce speciality of sa seem to be taken over by machina )
Most class have the highest sa skill of 600 sa now :( (Excluding ults)

#46 lutfi91

lutfi91

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • xSolareas
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Gummy

Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:04 AM

View PostKuru, on 18 February 2017 - 11:49 AM, said:

As for the topic of this thread. This is my list in no particular order with my personal opinion on each class.

Barbarian - This one i was hesitant to put on the list but i went with it anyway, here's my reasoning for it. Barbarian has become a class that is PURELY damage, with the lack of iFrames and extreme lack of SA now, countering/closing down distance has become a difficult task against players of the same skill. Along with the fact that you're limited to 1 AE (Some people count Relieve as an evade... give it an iframe and remove the animation lock, then we'll talk) and 1 counter from the ground, you have to be smart with how you evade people else you'll just turn into a combo dummy for 18 seconds at a time. The aspects of Barb that make it strong are probably its ridiculous damage.... just why.... That and its ability to lift up almost any combo if a mistake was made.

as someone who does play a Barb, i can sort of agree with you here? but I can't really say my opinion is objective because players tend to defend their own classes.

but your reasoning can also be applied to saleana too(pure damage, lack of SA with firewall awakening)
perhaps im wrong, i stand to be corrected.

Edited by lutfi91, 19 February 2017 - 03:06 AM.

#47 xEquation

xEquation

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5963 posts
  • PepperPoke | EonKreuz
  • DN, Holywood
  • Phyrexians | Treadstone

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:54 AM

firewall awakening eliminated the channeling. what more do u want..? (oo;)  *triggered*

#48 lutfi91

lutfi91

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • xSolareas
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Gummy

Posted 19 February 2017 - 01:04 PM

View PostxEquation, on 19 February 2017 - 08:54 AM, said:

firewall awakening eliminated the channeling. what more do u want..? (oo;)  *triggered*

LOL its cool mate, i hate them too. my point was that whatever Kuru justified for Barb can also be applied to saleana. the weird thing is that i somehow agree that Barb should be in this list, and Saleana shouldn't be.

#49 Kuru

Kuru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Kurabawara
  • I am the guild

Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:18 PM

Well i mean..... yes, while Sally can have the same reasoning applied to them, they shine in areas barbs do not which throws them from strong to Overpowered.

For instance, Sally can safely deal damage WHILE keeping the enemy from pushing up on them, meaning they don't rely on SA much whereas barbarian has to get up close before they can really dish out the huge chunks of damage that they are feared for, making it so they must rely on their SA. Sally has quick cast on skills with a BIG AoE and good damage, firewall awaken for example, whereas barbarian lacks the cast time that sally has on his large AoE skills.

Don't get me wrong, there are so many things that differentiate barbarian and Saleana. I was just simply listing off what I thought defines barbarian as a class now (as someone who also... does play the class), not what makes it different from sally. lol xD

Edited by Kuru, 19 February 2017 - 03:19 PM.

#50 lutfi91

lutfi91

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • xSolareas
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Gummy

Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:33 PM

View PostKuru, on 19 February 2017 - 03:18 PM, said:

Well i mean..... yes, while Sally can have the same reasoning applied to them, they shine in areas barbs do not which throws them from strong to Overpowered.

For instance, Sally can safely deal damage WHILE keeping the enemy from pushing up on them, meaning they don't rely on SA much whereas barbarian has to get up close before they can really dish out the huge chunks of damage that they are feared for, making it so they must rely on their SA. Sally has quick cast on skills with a BIG AoE and good damage, firewall awaken for example, whereas barbarian lacks the cast time that sally has on his large AoE skills.

Don't get me wrong, there are so many things that differentiate barbarian and Saleana. I was just simply listing off what I thought defines barbarian as a class now (as someone who also... does play the class), not what makes it different from sally. lol xD

Noted! just wanted to hear your line of reasoning by playing the devil's advocate (horn) (horn) (horn)

i can safely say, though, that not many will agree or share the same sentiments as you are on barbs.

#51 Kuru

Kuru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Kurabawara
  • I am the guild

Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:54 PM

View Postlutfi91, on 19 February 2017 - 03:33 PM, said:

Noted! just wanted to hear your line of reasoning by playing the devil's advocate (horn) (horn) (horn)

i can safely say, though, that not many will agree or share the same sentiments as you are on barbs.

Aha, you're all good ^^~

And I've learnt the hard way, through many years on DN, people will defend their class through thick and thin (regardless of how it actually is, be it broken or weak as hell). People who play a certain class say it's weak and it takes tonnes of skill to use it, whereas people who are used to playing against that class say it's strong and it's an easy class to play. There's no real winning here xD

#52 lutfi91

lutfi91

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • xSolareas
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Gummy

Posted 19 February 2017 - 04:47 PM

View PostKuru, on 19 February 2017 - 03:54 PM, said:

People who play a certain class say it's weak and it takes tonnes of skill to use it, whereas people who are used to playing against that class say it's strong and it's an easy class to play. There's no real winning here xD

Pretty much sums up the general train of thought for DN PVP players. it's hard to be objective nowadays.

#53 Cyl3erunion

Cyl3erunion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 394 posts
  • CyberRUBY
  • DN, Holywood
  • ♡me♡yu-LoliKnight

Posted 19 February 2017 - 10:53 PM

Most 1st specialization classes are balanced for pvp.

#54 Kuru

Kuru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Kurabawara
  • I am the guild

Posted 21 February 2017 - 09:03 PM

View PostCyl3erunion, on 19 February 2017 - 10:53 PM, said:

Most 1st specialization classes are balanced for pvp.

Not even going to lie.... probably the most balanced part of PvP at the moment.

#55 lutfi91

lutfi91

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • xSolareas
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Gummy

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:44 AM

would u still consider ML op if you take away his awakened cyclone slash. i.e. normal cyclone slash ex

#56 xEquation

xEquation

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5963 posts
  • PepperPoke | EonKreuz
  • DN, Holywood
  • Phyrexians | Treadstone

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:16 AM

View Postlutfi91, on 23 February 2017 - 01:44 AM, said:

would u still consider ML op if you take away his awakened cyclone slash. i.e. normal cyclone slash ex

its not just his awakened cyclone slash. eclipse and MLS are too

#57 PhiLuffy

PhiLuffy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 10:52 AM

EVERYTHING IS BACK TO PILOT

#58 XxXh0lic

XxXh0lic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1171 posts
  • OverNeko, Hikariful
  • DN, Westwood
  • ColosseumKnight

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:03 AM

View Postlutfi91, on 23 February 2017 - 01:44 AM, said:

Well personally as much as I hate getting caught up in that cyclone, I'm much more annoyed by that Eclipse. You can dodge and escape from Cyclone but there's no predicting that Eclipse.

Also it seems like Warrior's Relieve works like Defensio's Repair now. I've been juggling MLs before and they seem to use Relieve midair and chain Eclipse directly to it. It didn't just happen once but several times so I'm sure it's not just coincidental.

Edit: Or maybe Eclipse works like Screamer's Chain Claw or Blade Dancer's Squall Flaker where you can use it anytime to cancel some animations? Can they even use Relieve midair since before?

Edited by XxXh0lic, 23 February 2017 - 11:09 AM.

#59 k0npaku

k0npaku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • ObeseWalkr
  • DN, Holywood
  • McDonalds

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:14 PM

Yes. Relieve was always a repair without Iframes
Also yes. Awakened eclipse can cancel animations like gladi's 45

#60 Kuru

Kuru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Kurabawara
  • I am the guild

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:15 PM

View PostXxXh0lic, on 23 February 2017 - 11:03 AM, said:

Well personally as much as I hate getting caught up in that cyclone, I'm much more annoyed by that Eclipse. You can dodge and escape from Cyclone but there's no predicting that Eclipse.

Also it seems like Warrior's Relieve works like Defensio's Repair now. I've been juggling MLs before and they seem to use Relieve midair and chain Eclipse directly to it. It didn't just happen once but several times so I'm sure it's not just coincidental.

Edit: Or maybe Eclipse works like Screamer's Chain Claw or Blade Dancer's Squall Flaker where you can use it anytime to cancel some animations? Can they even use Relieve midair since before?

Just to clarify a few things.

1) Relieve could always be used in any state (except silence)
2) Eclipse awakened works similar to Evasion slash wherein you can cast it at any time, as long as you're on the ground i believe it is for eclipse. The actual skill "Eclipse Awaken" contains an iframe now and can be used to cancel Relieve mid animation.
3) Screw ML in general, if you eat a cyclone you either have the choice of waiting it out and possibly eating a Crescent Cleave OR trying to evade then eating an eclipse as soon as you land... Classes that have more than 1 AE are the luckiest in a fight with a ML.