Jump to content


Black Mara Showcase And Guide


  • Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 Dirkheim

Dirkheim

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Sallyheim
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 29 March 2017 - 04:31 PM

View PostXenocho, on 28 March 2017 - 08:03 PM, said:

FD is better for min-maxing, which is maximising your damage output once you have gotten end-game gears (L grades). If you feel like you are playing casually and don't wish to invest too much, you could do crit :) Min-maxing is not cheap and usually it costs up to hundred thousands to get like 5-10% more damage; if you are not this type of player, don't worry too much about what I said (FD is better in the long run).

Alrighty. Crit it is x.x Thanks.

Any opinion on upping either ripping or entomb? Entomb may have higher cd, but I seldom forget casting it for extra dps. But it also feels weird keeping ripping low level, since it has low cd, and is also the trigger for void coil spam.

https://dnskillsim.h...B0---0--0-0-0-0
TL;DR Soo, Ripping 16 or Max Entomb?

#42 Xenocho

Xenocho

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2990 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 29 March 2017 - 05:24 PM

View PostDirkheim, on 29 March 2017 - 04:31 PM, said:

Alrighty. Crit it is x.x Thanks.

Any opinion on upping either ripping or entomb? Entomb may have higher cd, but I seldom forget casting it for extra dps. But it also feels weird keeping ripping low level, since it has low cd, and is also the trigger for void coil spam.

https://dnskillsim.h...B0---0--0-0-0-0
TL;DR Soo, Ripping 16 or Max Entomb?

You don't usually use Ripping a lot tbh. You use it to initiate combo all the time but it never appears on your top 10 DPS skills. Therefore I would not put SP into ripping unless excess SP. Entomb is rather useful tbh as additional DPS when its there. However, one should not wait for it to CD completely if you can cast your DPS rotation before that

#43 Dirkheim

Dirkheim

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Sallyheim
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:38 PM

View PostXenocho, on 29 March 2017 - 05:24 PM, said:

You don't usually use Ripping a lot tbh. You use it to initiate combo all the time but it never appears on your top 10 DPS skills. Therefore I would not put SP into ripping unless excess SP. Entomb is rather useful tbh as additional DPS when its there. However, one should not wait for it to CD completely if you can cast your DPS rotation before that

So I take it that you'd prefer max entomb then?

#44 Xenocho

Xenocho

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2990 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:59 PM

View PostDirkheim, on 29 March 2017 - 07:38 PM, said:

So I take it that you'd prefer max entomb then?

Yes I have it maxed

#45 Xenocho

Xenocho

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2990 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:57 AM

View PostDirkheim, on 29 March 2017 - 04:31 PM, said:

Alrighty. Crit it is x.x Thanks.

Any opinion on upping either ripping or entomb? Entomb may have higher cd, but I seldom forget casting it for extra dps. But it also feels weird keeping ripping low level, since it has low cd, and is also the trigger for void coil spam.

https://dnskillsim.h...B0---0--0-0-0-0
TL;DR Soo, Ripping 16 or Max Entomb?

Hi I'd like to get your attention again. There is a RuDN event at the moment which you can get a title with 10% crit (actually easily one of the best title to get) if you clear RuDN norm mode. It is relatively easier than IDN norm and HC overall in terms of HP, so do give it a go before the event ends.

#46 Dirkheim

Dirkheim

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Sallyheim
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 30 March 2017 - 04:45 PM

View PostXenocho, on 30 March 2017 - 08:57 AM, said:

Hi I'd like to get your attention again. There is a RuDN event at the moment which you can get a title with 10% crit (actually easily one of the best title to get) if you clear RuDN norm mode. It is relatively easier than IDN norm and HC overall in terms of HP, so do give it a go before the event ends.

Thanks for the heads up (:]) I hope I can gear fast enough to join raid (sob)
I only have around 40+ elemental on my Sally and Mara (Thanks to lament titles). Would Crit be more preferable for this situation? (Although, if I understand correctly, the matk modifier can cushion the elemental % loss?)

Edited by Dirkheim, 30 March 2017 - 04:47 PM.


#47 Xenocho

Xenocho

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2990 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 30 March 2017 - 05:28 PM

View PostDirkheim, on 30 March 2017 - 04:45 PM, said:

Thanks for the heads up (:]) I hope I can gear fast enough to join raid (sob)
I only have around 40+ elemental on my Sally and Mara (Thanks to lament titles). Would Crit be more preferable for this situation? (Although, if I understand correctly, the matk modifier can cushion the elemental % loss?)
It depends. This has to do with diminishing returns. Best to calculate matk * ele to determine which is better. I would personally max or get high (>80%) crit before pushing other forms of gear. Crit is the easiest way to double damage, in addition to relatively higher crit damage from int/str classes vs agi classes.

#48 Dirkheim

Dirkheim

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Sallyheim
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 30 March 2017 - 05:44 PM

View PostXenocho, on 30 March 2017 - 05:28 PM, said:

It depends. This has to do with diminishing returns. Best to calculate matk * ele to determine which is better. I would personally max or get high (>80%) crit before pushing other forms of gear. Crit is the easiest way to double damage, in addition to relatively higher crit damage from int/str classes vs agi classes.


I guess I'll just do the math when I am geared enough to clear the nest and get the said title.    
I would want to ask for tips for gear progression, but I think I derailed this thread too much already.  Thanks for answering.

Edited by Dirkheim, 30 March 2017 - 05:46 PM.


#49 Xenocho

Xenocho

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2990 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 30 March 2017 - 07:20 PM

View PostDirkheim, on 30 March 2017 - 05:44 PM, said:

I guess I'll just do the math when I am geared enough to clear the nest and get the said title.
I would want to ask for tips for gear progression, but I think I derailed this thread too much already.  Thanks for answering.

Get a group of friends, try out and practice and try to clear RuDN. From 93A, jumping into that will be excellent.

#50 Dirkheim

Dirkheim

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Sallyheim
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:54 AM

View PostXenocho, on 30 March 2017 - 07:20 PM, said:

From 93A, jumping into that will be excellent.
(Probably last non-mara related question): What are 93A's? Uniques? If so, Evo Obs Theano it is then? (So many mats x.x)

#51 Xenocho

Xenocho

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2990 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 31 March 2017 - 07:53 AM

View PostDirkheim, on 31 March 2017 - 12:54 AM, said:

(Probably last non-mara related question): What are 93A's? Uniques? If so, Evo Obs Theano it is then? (So many mats x.x)
93A are 93 Epic gears. It is helpful to convert obsession theano to unique for a small dmg boost too. Rune dragon unique gear are a very strong and good improvement after that.

#52 Dirkheim

Dirkheim

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Sallyheim
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 31 March 2017 - 04:26 PM

 Xenocho, on 31 March 2017 - 07:53 AM, said:

93A are 93 Epic gears. It is helpful to convert obsession theano to unique for a small dmg boost too. Rune dragon unique gear are a very strong and good improvement after that.

Would utilizing 93 prophets be also good for now? (My guildies let me join sdn lately and was able to get the majority of the set) I noticed they have higher base stats, but the -2 penalty and prophet to evo obs transfer later on are my concerns. I'm not sure if I can farm the mats or gold fast enough for a full evo obs armor set up until the event period.

I do have a +10 evo coma staff and a +10 nm theano book, so survivability is my primary concern as of now, I think.

I felt like deadweight during the run tho. *cries

#53 Xenocho

Xenocho

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2990 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 31 March 2017 - 05:55 PM

 Dirkheim, on 31 March 2017 - 04:26 PM, said:



Would utilizing 93 prophets be also good for now? (My guildies let me join sdn lately and was able to get the majority of the set) I noticed they have higher base stats, but the -2 penalty and prophet to evo obs transfer later on are my concerns. I'm not sure if I can farm the mats or gold fast enough for a full evo obs armor set up until the event period.

I do have a +10 evo coma staff and a +10 nm theano book, so survivability is my primary concern as of now, I think.

I felt like deadweight during the run tho. *cries

A tip. If you have high refined lvl 90, transfer into coma and evolve the coma. It will retain the enhancement level. Coma frag also easy to get. Then, transfer into 93 epic, it will have no penalty when transfer. Then transfer into obsession and evolve it and retain the enhancement level. Now you have 93 unique with high enhance and transfer into rune dragon unique.

Prophet is weak. If I'm not wrong obsession Theano is stronger than prophet although it costs a bit to evolve it. However set sights on rune dragon unique. It is very strong.

#54 Dirkheim

Dirkheim

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Sallyheim
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 31 March 2017 - 08:08 PM

 Xenocho, on 31 March 2017 - 05:55 PM, said:

A tip. If you have high refined lvl 90, transfer into coma and evolve the coma. It will retain the enhancement level. Coma frag also easy to get. Then, transfer into 93 epic, it will have no penalty when transfer. Then transfer into obsession and evolve it and retain the enhancement level. Now you have 93 unique with high enhance and transfer into rune dragon unique.

Prophet is weak. If I'm not wrong obsession Theano is stronger than prophet although it costs a bit to evolve it. However set sights on rune dragon unique. It is very strong.

That staff was my last piece of high level coma gear (sorry)
So just concentrate on upping my obsession theanos then? (or evoing the upper and lower pieces at least)
I thought of prophet set as I thought i could get a mini 'power spike' in between obsession theano epic and unique (and also to provide a bit of breathing room for higher nests). Thinking about it again, I'd just be setting back my evo theanos.

#55 Xenocho

Xenocho

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2990 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 31 March 2017 - 08:24 PM

 Dirkheim, on 31 March 2017 - 08:08 PM, said:



That staff was my last piece of high level coma gear (sorry)
So just concentrate on upping my obsession theanos then? (or evoing the upper and lower pieces at least)
I thought of prophet set as I thought i could get a mini 'power spike' in between obsession theano epic and unique (and also to provide a bit of breathing room for higher nests). Thinking about it again, I'd just be setting back my evo theanos.

Are you sure prophet gives a power spike better than what obsession Theano can give? I personally don't like to invest in temporary gains but rather focus on long term goals. Therefore I would support the idea of going for Theano.

#56 Dirkheim

Dirkheim

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Sallyheim
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 31 March 2017 - 08:59 PM

 Xenocho, on 31 March 2017 - 08:24 PM, said:

Are you sure prophet gives a power spike better than what obsession Theano can give? I personally don't like to invest in temporary gains but rather focus on long term goals. Therefore I would support the idea of going for Theano.

Well, I was comparing 93 epic obsession theano and 93 prophet. The in game growth guide and  dngearsim did give higher base stats for 93 unique prophet vs 93 epic obsession theano.
My earlier idea was that I was still going to get evo obsession theano, despite detouring to prophet while I farm to get the mats for the evo hammer more easily.. But I realized the setback it would cause for mats, thankfully.

#57 Xenocho

Xenocho

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2990 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:17 PM

 Dirkheim, on 31 March 2017 - 08:59 PM, said:



Well, I was comparing 93 epic obsession theano and 93 prophet. The in game growth guide and  dngearsim did give higher base stats for 93 unique prophet vs 93 epic obsession theano.
My earlier idea was that I was still going to get evo obsession theano, despite detouring to prophet while I farm to get the mats for the evo hammer more easily.. But I realized the setback it would cause for mats, thankfully.

All the best :) hope you enjoy while pursuing these goals step by step

#58 Dirkheim

Dirkheim

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Sallyheim
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:51 PM

 Xenocho, on 31 March 2017 - 09:17 PM, said:

All the best :) hope you enjoy while pursuing these goals step by step

Thanks for answering my questions too. :)