• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 qrified

qrified

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 11:26 AM

Hey guys, I have a Shooting Star as my main atm and i got this job change scroll so I was thinking if I should change to Gear Master as I see a lot of the discussion between the two saying GM are better at PVE in term of DPS because of Mechanic Mode.

I've seen gameplay of GM but I really can't tell how or what makes GM a better DPS. Need some insight about how GM are played like their skill rotations and main DPS skills and so on.

I have ~148k Phy Atk so if I change to GM, how far will my damage goes?  Please get me out of this dilemma~ (sob)

#2 JeeHan

JeeHan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:08 AM

Read

http://forum.cherryc...updated-290117/

-Credits to Xenocho (clap) (clap) (clap)

#3 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3562 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:22 AM

Thanks JeeHan for the mention.

Just gonna write some short answers to control myself from writing irrelevant wall of text.

SS deals much better damage and is more rewarding when played properly - this requires a certain level of concentration as you need to focus on Alfredo while consistently DPSing with your SS as well. SS also has higher patk from class mastery, so your patk will increase when you jobchange (slightly). SS also has perma debuff with Biochemical Missile and Chemical Grenade.

GM is generally easier to play since towers do most of the job and you only need to resummon them to a correct position (nearby the boss). However, the DPS from towers is inferior to what SS can do. GM also does not have 'perma' debuff using Chemical Grenade (short downtime). BMB can give you perma dmg debuff but you might wanna use it properly so that the BMB receives the bonus too.

Now, one of the misconception you have is that GM deals better damage with Mechanical Mode. True, to a certain extent. However, SS has their own additional damage buffs which puts them in an equal standing. Not to mention, a lot of SS damage comes from Demolition ultimate and Alfredo skills now, both of which can also be buffed by Mechanical Mode. Therefore, MM is no longer a GM specialty.

Please let me know if you have any inquiries, either here or in my thread. Have a good day.

#4 booyah

booyah

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • GM | Teenykimi
  • DN, Springwood
  • Fluffy Guild

Posted 22 February 2017 - 01:06 PM

[PVE]
if you are fine with SS gameplay, stay SS.
If you want a lower dps output but a easier gameplay, go GM.

if you want a super high dps output, go adept.
if you want to get into IDN pts with relatively low gears (think +6 93 epics) go Phy.

in [PvP]
i'll currently rank Adept>GM>Phy>SS

after the Phy nerfs
Adept>GM>SS>Phy

#5 ChellyChi

ChellyChi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts
  • CheIIy \ Espringale
  • DN, Springwood
  • VongolaVN

Posted 22 February 2017 - 02:01 PM

View Postbooyah, on 22 February 2017 - 01:06 PM, said:

[PVE]
if you are fine with SS gameplay, stay SS.
If you want a lower dps output but a easier gameplay, go GM.

if you want a super high dps output, go adept.
if you want to get into IDN pts with relatively low gears (think +6 93 epics) go Phy.

in [PvP]

after the Phy nerfs
Adept>GM>SS>Phy
I disagree with the "super high dps output".
Generally it looks more "pleasing to the eye" to see a huge big 1bil instead of 56-14m(s)
Although i agree adepts are superior , ultimately you would still require insanely good gears as well as max ctd to see the difference.
Secondly there arent many as geared shooting stars compared to adepts, due to several factors such as extreme hard to use ss to its full potential, and tbh, ss has the most factors to consider before dpsing. (Force zerk using td, positioning of alfredo, mm mode cast before summoning , and the short move to unbug mm demo,) and many many more.

And in pvp , i feel gm are far stronger than adepts if the pilot can position his towers well, only a idiot would place all his 4 towers together and let all of them wipe at the same time.

#6 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3562 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 22 February 2017 - 02:06 PM

View PostChellyChi, on 22 February 2017 - 02:01 PM, said:

I disagree with the "super high dps output".
Generally it looks more "pleasing to the eye" to see a huge big 1bil instead of 56-14m(s)
Although i agree adepts are superior , ultimately you would still require insanely good gears as well as max ctd to see the difference.
Secondly there arent many as geared shooting stars compared to adepts, due to several factors such as extreme hard to use ss to its full potential, and tbh, ss has the most factors to consider before dpsing. (Force zerk using td, positioning of alfredo, mm mode cast before summoning , and the short move to unbug mm demo,) and many many more.

And in pvp , i feel gm are far stronger than adepts if the pilot can position his towers well, only a idiot would place all his 4 towers together and let all of them wipe at the same time.

I can agree with this. In a certain extent, Adept's stats are the 'easiest' to boost due to easy Crit DMG, Fire/Ice attack, huge bonus to PATK due to class mastery, easy hitting skills and large AoE. Not to mention, you even get CD reduction with Ctail.

Probably the most difficult thing to do with Adept is ensuring 4 hits from Magma Wall explosion and that is all. Even so, that only constitutes up to 20% total DPS, so it won't reduce the DPS output significantly.

Btw this is a GM vs SS discussion, how did the magic side get lured into this? LOL

#7 ChellyChi

ChellyChi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts
  • CheIIy \ Espringale
  • DN, Springwood
  • VongolaVN

Posted 22 February 2017 - 02:32 PM

I dont wanna look insecure but if you compare every skill that adept lands with a crit , it would definitely be stronger than an engi that simillary lands with all crit.
Which is usually not the case.

#8 Sabrac

Sabrac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • SatomiIIIX
  • DN, Holywood
  • SeaOfFlame

Posted 25 February 2017 - 03:10 AM

View Postqrified, on 21 February 2017 - 11:26 AM, said:

Hey guys, I have a Shooting Star as my main atm and i got this job change scroll so I was thinking if I should change to Gear Master as I see a lot of the discussion between the two saying GM are better at PVE in term of DPS because of Mechanic Mode.

I've seen gameplay of GM but I really can't tell how or what makes GM a better DPS. Need some insight about how GM are played like their skill rotations and main DPS skills and so on.

I have ~148k Phy Atk so if I change to GM, how far will my damage goes?  Please get me out of this dilemma~ (sob)
if you want DPS just improve your gear, don't blame it on the character job
it doesn't matter which job class can deal more damage/DPS on PVE if you don't have good gear/items

players always asking "who do more DPS?" without thinking about the Game Play of each job class (sweat)
for me GM and SS DPS is equal. they just have different game play (:])
if you're bored using SS then switch to GM(problem solve)

#9 qrified

qrified

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 11:36 AM

View PostSabrac, on 25 February 2017 - 03:10 AM, said:

if you want DPS just improve your gear, don't blame it on the character job
it doesn't matter which job class can deal more damage/DPS on PVE if you don't have good gear/items

players always asking "who do more DPS?" without thinking about the Game Play of each job class (sweat)
for me GM and SS DPS is equal. they just have different game play (:])
if you're bored using SS then switch to GM(problem solve)

Yea after giving it some thoughts that's what I figures. I'm so much in love with my SS right now! As about gears I'm using full set desirous theano +10 both weapons and +6 armours, what should I aim for next?

#10 Sabrac

Sabrac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • SatomiIIIX
  • DN, Holywood
  • SeaOfFlame

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:08 AM

View Postqrified, on 25 February 2017 - 11:36 AM, said:

Yea after giving it some thoughts that's what I figures. I'm so much in love with my SS right now! As about gears I'm using full set desirous theano +10 both weapons and +6 armours, what should I aim for next?
that right stay on the job that you love (<3) d(^v^d)
you can create other character for you to know the difference

hmmm...if you have a lot of time play and money/gold aim for IDNL set but if you don't just stick with any 90+ unique set
sorry im not that updated with gears, (shame)  i can't suggest much something  im not fully aware of
it's common to aim for the best gear (:])

Edited by Sabrac, 27 February 2017 - 04:32 AM.

#11 Sabrac

Sabrac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • SatomiIIIX
  • DN, Holywood
  • SeaOfFlame

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:23 AM

View PostXenocho, on 22 February 2017 - 02:06 PM, said:

Btw this is a GM vs SS discussion, how did the magic side get lured into this? LOL
that because booyah include the other 2 job under alchemist in his comment/post
ChellyChi disagree on this:
in [PvP]

after the Phy nerfs
Adept>GM>SS>Phy

that's why magic side got lured (:>)

Edited by Sabrac, 27 February 2017 - 04:24 AM.

#12 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3562 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 27 February 2017 - 09:35 AM

View Postqrified, on 25 February 2017 - 11:36 AM, said:

The next big leap is IDN L. The stat produced from refining them are incomparable. However, if that is out of reach, you could farm obsession gears and use them. Meanwhile, try to get a satisfying refine rate on those gears, as when you evolve them to Evolved Obsession Gears, the refine levels are retained.

(I hope you are farming for genesis accessories, as that will definitely help in a long run, financially and in terms of strength)

#13 DyingKid

DyingKid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 09:36 AM

omg you have no idea Ss deals great damage. i have played gm too for a long time. And i love SS to conclude. But if u want to play heros batllefield a lot, then go play GM

If you like to play GM because its very easy to play (and sumtimes they say its the class for lazy players), then you are wrong my prendz. To bring the full potential of GM you have to work on your fingers a lot for its rotation

Edited by DyingKid, 27 February 2017 - 09:40 AM.

#14 zRISAz

zRISAz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 513 posts
  • IGN
  • DN, Holywood
  • Guild / Clan

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:37 PM

SS is strong in Respawn mode