18 replies to this topic

#1 Ce1

Ce1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 04:18 PM

Hello there.

I've read alot of topics here about each char before i posted and watched some videos on youtube about PvP and im curious what should I chose. I played DN like 3-4 years ago back when cap was lvl 40 and i always loved my force user. I love triple balls and his map control with teleport but i also like Elestra and her ice skills spam. In nest i've seen they both do good, i mean triple balls spam is like pew pew pew and boss is down but i'm more into PvP. From what I've seen if Majesty cacth u with that triple orbs ex u stay down untill he finish u, is that true? He ca have perma lockdown on you? I heard elestra is better in PvP coz of slows and freez + shields but im more into perma lockdown and stun. What do You think i should chose? I alread got Elestra on lvl 52.

#2 SorceressHater

SorceressHater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6830 posts
  • VengefulOne
  • DN, Holywood
  • SeaOfFlame

Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:24 AM

PVE + PVP wise I say choose Elestra.
PVP wise all Sorcs are good so it doesn't matter what you choose between these 2.

#3 JeeHan

JeeHan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:18 AM

View PostSorceressHater, on 22 February 2017 - 05:24 AM, said:

PVE + PVP wise I say choose Elestra.
PVP wise all Sorcs are good so it doesn't matter what you choose between these 2.

this ^. and you might want to wait for Black Mara. Maybe it will be in the next patch coz they started introducing her in DN SEA FB Page.

#4 FirePhoenix

FirePhoenix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3623 posts
  • zArAthena/zArSuika
  • DN, Holywood
  • VongolaVN

Posted 22 February 2017 - 02:41 PM

- nvm -

Edited by FirePhoenix, 22 February 2017 - 08:53 PM.

#5 Ce1

Ce1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:00 PM

Black Mara is like another class or subclass like Majesty Elestra etc for Sorcerrer?

#6 ShineFactor

ShineFactor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 07:24 PM

View PostCe1, on 22 February 2017 - 05:00 PM, said:

Black Mara is like another class or subclass like Majesty Elestra etc for Sorcerrer?

Yup, she's the spin off class for sorc, if you wanna know more about her, check my thread : http://forum.cherryc...e/#entry2977214

#7 AzzRule

AzzRule

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 646 posts
  • LilyAquina
  • DN, Holywood
  • SeaOfFlame

Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:19 PM

View PostFirePhoenix, on 22 February 2017 - 02:41 PM, said:

You can hate me for starting discriminated but I don't want Eles in any serious raid due to the lag it cause (shame)

U know zar..knowing ur status in the game and how people are looking at you, u shouldnt have said that in forum...
Some people might blindly follow blacklist Elestra from raid recruitment just bcz they saw u said it...
Ur statement also OOT in ths thread tho...

And anyway,
>Complains about lag
>Uses lagdept

#8 vangeodee

vangeodee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Sohazan/Apodyposis
  • DN, Springwood
  • Gummy

Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:43 PM

View PostFirePhoenix, on 22 February 2017 - 02:41 PM, said:

You can hate me for starting discriminated but I don't want Eles in any serious raid due to the lag it cause (shame)

Posted Image

#9 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3042 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:49 PM

View Postvangeodee, on 22 February 2017 - 08:43 PM, said:

Posted Image

View PostAzzRule, on 22 February 2017 - 08:19 PM, said:

U know zar..knowing ur status in the game and how people are looking at you, u shouldnt have said that in forum...
Some people might blindly follow blacklist Elestra from raid recruitment just bcz they saw u said it...

And anyway,
>Complains about lag
>Uses lagdept

Have you guys played with an elestra in party before? I don't thiink so. Either that or your experience with adepts are with those which DO NOT use ice beam exi.

Just for add on info, the ice debuff continuously replaced by ice sphere generates huge fps lag to all players in the party/raid when cast. this is not the same as graphical lag from fire or whatever adept skill that makes you lag. even with the best pc, spamming ice sphere WILL cause your FPS to drop below 30, enough to affect gameplay.

#10 FirePhoenix

FirePhoenix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3623 posts
  • zArAthena/zArSuika
  • DN, Holywood
  • VongolaVN

Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:53 PM

View PostAzzRule, on 22 February 2017 - 08:19 PM, said:

And anyway,
>Complains about lag
>Uses lagdept
Adept don't cause lag as long as they use Ice beam Ins, not Ice beam Ex.
It true for your first part though so I edited my comment there.

Edited by FirePhoenix, 22 February 2017 - 08:56 PM.

#11 nidaime2

nidaime2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Ilouminare,Ilounynare
  • DN, Holywood
  • SeaOfFlame

Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:55 PM

am I the only one who don't lag with eles? I play with azzrule weekly nesting with high settings. What is lag to you 22fps drop? that's still playable. bruh

Edited by nidaime2, 22 February 2017 - 08:59 PM.

#12 vangeodee

vangeodee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Sohazan/Apodyposis
  • DN, Springwood
  • Gummy

Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:55 PM

View PostXenocho, on 22 February 2017 - 08:49 PM, said:

Have you guys played with an elestra in party before? I don't thiink so. Either that or your experience with adepts are with those which DO NOT use ice beam exi.

Just for add on info, the ice debuff continuously replaced by ice sphere generates huge fps lag to all players in the party/raid when cast. this is not the same as graphical lag from fire or whatever adept skill that makes you lag. even with the best pc, spamming ice sphere WILL cause your FPS to drop below 30, enough to affect gameplay.

Son please, I play with AzzRule, who by the way MAINS an Elestra, so don't try to lecture me on lag. I suck it up and play through it, wanna know why? Because I am not some skrub who loses his edge just because of a few dropped FPS. Oh, and just for the record, I play on a laptop that uses a GT 740M, I lag in raid NO MATTER WHAT I do.

Grow a pair, learn to play through adversity.

Edited by vangeodee, 22 February 2017 - 08:57 PM.

#13 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3042 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:58 PM

View Postvangeodee, on 22 February 2017 - 08:55 PM, said:

Son please, I play with AzzRule, who by the way MAINS an Elestra, so don't try to lecture me on lag. I suck it up and play through it, wanna know why? Because I am not some skrub who loses his edge just because of a few dropped FPS. Oh, and just for the record, I play on a laptop that uses a GT 740M, I lag in raid NO MATTER WHAT I do.

Grow a pair, learn to play through adversity. If you think it's ok to discriminate a class based on their skills, go take it up with E.yedentity

Wow you really are so triggered. I am only correcting the point you mentioned about adept causing lag. I did not mention that I too dislike elestras, so please chill and control your rage? Lol.

Also, just to add on, sudden FPS drop does affect gameplay. Whether or not it affects you or not, I don't care. I am merely making a general statement that should apply to at least a group of individuals.

Edited by Xenocho, 22 February 2017 - 09:01 PM.

#14 FirePhoenix

FirePhoenix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3623 posts
  • zArAthena/zArSuika
  • DN, Holywood
  • VongolaVN

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:02 PM

I do run with elestra in IDN HC frequently, it lag but still manageable because It is not a serious raid. In explored phase of new raid, the lag from eles may become detrimental factor for the successful of the run.

Edited by FirePhoenix, 22 February 2017 - 09:03 PM.

#15 vangeodee

vangeodee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Sohazan/Apodyposis
  • DN, Springwood
  • Gummy

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:09 PM

View PostXenocho, on 22 February 2017 - 08:58 PM, said:

Wow you really are so triggered. I am only correcting the point you mentioned about adept causing lag. I did not mention that I too dislike elestras, so please chill and control your rage? Lol.

Also, just to add on, sudden FPS drop does affect gameplay. Whether or not it affects you or not, I don't care. I am merely making a general statement that should apply to at least a group of individuals.

I emphasize my point. And frankly, it's just soooo damn annoying how people hate on a class because of something outside their control.

View PostFirePhoenix, on 22 February 2017 - 09:02 PM, said:

I do run with elestra in IDN HC frequently, it lag but still manageable because It is not a serious raid. In explored phase of new raid, the lag from eles may become detrimental factor for the successful of the run.

Well, we wouldn't be at this topic if you didn't bring up the topic of lag and discrimination in the first place now would we?

This will be my last reply as this is already offtopic.

#16 AzzRule

AzzRule

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 646 posts
  • LilyAquina
  • DN, Holywood
  • SeaOfFlame

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:11 PM

View PostXenocho, on 22 February 2017 - 08:49 PM, said:

U missed the point...Zar (who is well known as a leader of top raid team) just dropped a poop hammer to Elestra bcz "lag" problem...not bcz its weak or lack of necessary buff/debuff, but lag...somethng that has nothing to do with ur character potential...

Now, see from different p.o.v...If other players who only see ice shatter and few lags complain, how about the pilot itself?
I only play 1 char for years and that's Elestra..I know exactly how broken and frozen my screen is when I'm running raid, unable to turn off my own animations and effects..not to mention there are animations from other people as well in my screen...
And people suddenly blacklist Elestra from raid recruitment cz a top player give stamp?...That's heartbreaking and disrespecting...

Sorry if i missed some details about Adept tho...

Edit :

View PostFirePhoenix, on 22 February 2017 - 08:53 PM, said:

Adept don't cause lag as long as they use Ice beam Ins, not Ice beam Ex.
It true for your first part though so I edited my comment there.

Thank you~

Edited by AzzRule, 22 February 2017 - 09:25 PM.

#17 zuyi

zuyi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2883 posts
  • zuyi
  • Hermit's Village

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:13 PM

As someone who's very experienced at playing DN at an average 350 ~ 450 ms delay (I know it's a different issue than FPS Drop, but the comparison in this example is accurate) I'll have to say it isn't fair to really tell people to get used to the sudden drops. When someone is accustomed to playing at high FPS or in low ping, it would be very unsettling when FPS drops or ping spikes because they aren't used to it. I've had the good fortune of playing at < 100 ms once in my life, and I'll have to say, the whole game looks different and I couldn't time my stomps right for a good 30 mins.

Regardless of whether you have a good connection/PC or bad one, if you have sudden transitions from one to another, it will screw you up. I play with Elestras in almost all my raids too and I really like having them around and don't have anything against them. It's the way this game was made where the problem lies, but it's still a legitimate reason for many people.

#18 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3042 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:14 PM

View PostAzzRule, on 22 February 2017 - 09:11 PM, said:

U missed the point...Zar (who is well known as a leader of top raid team) just dropped a poop hammer to Elestra bcz "lag" problem...not bcz its weak or lack of necessary buff/debuff, but lag...somethng that has nothing to do with ur character potential...

Now, see from different p.o.v...If other players who only see ice shatter and few lags complain, how about the pilot itself?
I only play 1 char for years and that's Elestra..I know exactly how broken and frozen my screen is when I'm running raid, unable to turn off my own animations and effects..not to mention there are animations from other people as well in my screen...
And people suddenly blacklist Elestra from raid recruitment cz a top player give stamp?...That's heartbreaking and disrespecting...

I know FirePhoenix did mention that. As a player of his stature it would affect how pub thinks, and he also has edited the post so its gone now.

Anyway, I was just correcting points about the Adept and also the point of eles making lag. I do not prejudice against them as I myself have an eles and of course friends do too. No need for friction just because of this topic ^^

Edited by Xenocho, 22 February 2017 - 09:15 PM.

#19 ChellyChi

ChellyChi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1061 posts
  • CheIIy \ Espringale
  • DN, Springwood
  • VongolaVN

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:24 PM

View PostAzzRule, on 22 February 2017 - 09:11 PM, said:

There is no such logic as being someone who clear raid content fast or being well known has to do with "class discrimination".
If players purely believe from words alone instead of experience , that player is most likely a scrub and yeah.
Furthermore, Pheo didnt mention that elestra has bad dps, only causes frame lag for certain people with comps that has lower specs.