• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 ShandyMelon

ShandyMelon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 08:20 AM

Hi there... I am kinda getting public opinion on what earring should I wear as a gladiator for different purposes between the

1)GEN EAR/EVO GEN EAR,
2)ABYSS EARRINGS,
3)MAX STR IDNL EARINGS AND
4) SKILL EARRING WITH MAX STR AND FA SKILL

for this following nest and raid

1) 90 RAID (IDN and IDN HC)
2) 93 NEST (TKN,PKN,GN,SDN HC's)
3) 93 RUNE DRAGON RAID

Kindly state your reason to why you choose it.. Here is my stats for further reference
Posted Image

#2 NateLawlet

NateLawlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 02:47 PM

Evolved Genesis Earring is much better overall compared to anything else.

Abyss Earring is definitely the worst. You get an absolute bonus of 8.1% elemental attack along with a meager sum of vit and critical damage, and that's it. Elemental attack is unique that the bonus damage will stay the same regardless of the stat. Once they release new earring that gives absurd amount of STR, Abyss Earring will grows weaker in comparison to other (Higher base str means higher str % gain from jade, talisman, costume, etc).

TL;DR Abyss Earring is decent, but it will never grow stronger.

IDN L Earring vs STR Skill Earring with FA is debatable. During the first 40% hp of the boss, IDN L Earring wins due to bonus FD and Critical Damage. However, once the boss hp hits 50% or lower, the additional 10% damage of FA will outdamage the bonus FD and critical damage. Furthermore, the gap will increase even greater at lower hp.

TL;DR If the boss HP is more than 60%, IDN L Earring wins. Otherwise, FA Skill Earring wins.

Additional critical stats is redundant since you already have nearly twice of the current cap. However, 330 FD is just too good to pass up. Not to mention you will also get 10000 critical damage, 10% critical damage, 10% health and 5% vit. Since these bonus stats are modifier % it can get better as long as you upgrade other equipment that gives raw stat (heraldry, talisman, legend sets). Unlike FA skill accessory, your damage bonus is not limited by the boss hp.

In summary,
Genesis Earring (Evolved is certainly even better) > IDN L Earring > Skill Earring > Abyss Earring, IF the boss's HP above 60%.

Genesis Earring > Skill Earring > IDN L Earring > Abyss Earring, IF the boss' HP below 60%.

#3 vangeodee

vangeodee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Sohazan/Apodyposis
  • DN, Springwood
  • Gummy

Posted 03 March 2017 - 03:47 AM

View PostNateLawlet, on 02 March 2017 - 02:47 PM, said:

-snip-

The only thing we can agree on is that Genesis (evolved or not) is better than everything else.

However, I disagree with Abyss Earrings being at the bottom. Remember, Element is a MULTIPLIER, it's your "secondary FD", and should be the secondary stat you should aim too boost right after FD. The only time it becomes impractical to stack element is when you're going over 100% already; which is the case for elemental based classes, however since warriors rely on elemental conversion, 100% is still a long way away.

Take for example the following:
A pre-engineer costume, pre-sadnyth gladiator with maxed out gear, built for STR stacking:

http://dnsim.eu/dnse...b59017cc9722c0e

If we assume a hypothetical enemy with 0 Defense, the calculation for basic damage becomes simply: [ATK]*[ELEMENT]*[FINAL DAMAGE]. Applying this formula, we get the following results:

Posted Image

As we can see, Genesis Earrings lead with 825k, followed by Abyss with 790k, followed by IDNL earrings with 781k followed by Skill Earrings with 767k.

Now the question is, is gaining 4% (+1 is 7%, +2 is 11% > assuming he has FA skill heraldry), in FA board damage worth the difference between Abyss and Skill Theano? You might say "Yes, because you're gonna be spamming FA once you're below 60%". Let's be realistic, when you FA at 50% boss HP, is the additional damage + FA damage = Hyperdrive damage? In my experience, no. The only time FA is worth its salt is when you're at the 40% or less mark (that's the time it starts to par with Hyperdrive), only when you go lower than 40% will it start to surpass Hyperdrive in per-cast-damage.

Now here's the thing, with FA's cooldown at 18s, would it really be advisable to put all your eggs into one basket? Especially when you have another high-hitting skill like Hyperdrive, Line Drive, Parrying Stance (which are all usable from START to FINISH) that could benefit from additional damage? Remember, practical FA damage is only 1/3 of the entire boss, what about the first 2/3?

--------

As for OP's question, genesis earrings, hands down. get it, never look back.

Edited by vangeodee, 03 March 2017 - 03:51 AM.

#4 NateLawlet

NateLawlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 02:53 PM

You're forgetting one important factor in your calculation. Critical Damage. Please remember that Critical Damage is also an absolute multiplier, which means if you have 275% Critical Damage, you will get 2.75x of your original damage when you score critical hit.

[ATK]*[ELEMENT]*[FINAL DAMAGE]*[CRIT DAMAGE]

I've looked at your build and I tried swapping Skill Aaron FA with Abyss Earring. Everything else is exactly the same.

http://dnsim.eu/dnse...f-29dfb92d6778#

With Abyss Earring, you have these advantages over Skill Aaron FA:
+8.11% ele atk
+34056 HP

While with Skill Aaron FA, you have these advantages over Abyss Earring:
+3% Critical Damage
+9060 Patk
+10% FA Damage

Def and Mdef gain from Vit of Abyss Earring is negligible, since the percentage value is still the same. Besides, what we're discussing is which one gives higher damage output. Let's take your example and set a scenario when the gladiator is facing against dragon from 100% to 40% HP (since you said FA only worth it after the boss hp is lower than 40%)

3% Crit Dmg and 9060 patk vs 8.11% ele atk

Or wait, was that it? NO! Because you're forgetting Gladiator can have +50% STR from Class Mastery, 30% atk from Brave and 10% attack from Breaking Point (which I remind you is permanent, because of the lower cd vs higher buff duration). The higher your base STR is, the higher you get out of % STR modifier.

Another important, albeit very subtle, thing that you failed to notice is the OP's question. Which one is better for Rune Dragon Nest?

With that question, OP is asking us to consider a new scenario where newer (and more powerful) equipment/costumes will be available. So I ask you, what will happen when OP uses epic racing costume (which has nearly double % STR and other stat compared to the previous epic costume) or the upcoming unique costume (which is even more imbalanced than the racing costume)?

Also for your information, Hyper Drive has 18s cooldown. When the boss HP reach 40% or lower, there's no better filler skill than FA. You can immediately regain the bubbles you lost after using Hyper Drive since each charging attack gives you 1 bubble, and using Brave will get you 11 bubbles (10 from awakening passive, 1 from Brave itself when it hits enemy). This allows you to use FA right after Hyper Drive. Another Brave and a couple filler skills should be enough to get 20 bubbles for the next rotation.

While I do appreciate your opinion and your willingness to help OP, you should also consider every factor in your calculation.

#5 vangeodee

vangeodee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Sohazan/Apodyposis
  • DN, Springwood
  • Gummy

Posted 04 March 2017 - 12:01 AM

No, I did not forget. I do not consider critical damage, because in all scenarios, it should be at a comfortable 300% after bubbles. Seeing as it's constant and common to all, removing it for the sake of simplification is what I did. Which is why your argument for 3% Critical Damage loses weight. Why would 3% matter when after bubbles you're still at 300% either way?

I'm just curious, where does that +10% FA damage come from? +1 is 7% board, +2 is 11%. Also, a gladiator of OP's stature should already have a +1 skill heraldry, so the question stands, is 4% board worth losing 8% multiplier that affects ALL skills?

I get it, FA is the undisputed king in low HP situations, however, my argument still stands, seeing as how you can choose between boosting a skill that can only be used every 18s (by a meager 4-7%), or boosting skills like Parrying Stance (6s), Front Shove (7s), Line Drive (6-7s) and every other skill you use.

FA is not an absolute must to boost. If it doesn't crit? If it doesn't hit? The only time FA was a top priority to boost was pre-awakening when it still had a 6s cooldown.

---

Now it boils down to raw damage, which, according to the maths (it's never wrong btw), your 9k patk and idk how much str loses out to a lower patk stat, but more element gain.

Edited by vangeodee, 04 March 2017 - 12:07 AM.

#6 Shandylicious

Shandylicious

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 10:03 AM

This is my thoughts regarding on this.. I think Gen Ear wins most of the time coz it does not only increases a single skill but the all the skill the glad will be boosted. but below 40% hp of the boss I think its better to swap to FA skill ring. maybe not on this time period of IDN Era.. but on RUDN where most cant KOS the boss yet.. FA will be handy.. my question now will be using the thread starter's stats.. which is better for the skill ring FA.(for RUDN and maybe some occasional 93 nest HC's)

SKILL RING FA with 2812vit and 4.95%fire and ice(take into consideration the upgrade to uniq)
vs
SKIL RING FA with 3092str 645 agi 645 int

#7 NateLawlet

NateLawlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:13 AM

http://www.freedompl...kill-awakening/

^ Please refer to the post above. Critical Damage for 93 cap is 832254. +50% STR from Class Mastery alone won't be enough since it only increases OP's STR stat by 45232 (50% of his 90464 STR). 1 STR = 1.7 Critical Damage, thus 45232 STR = 76894.4 Critical Damage, increasing his critical damage to 710010.4

There's still a long way to go from 710010.4 to 832254. Even adding archer's buff (+10% Critical Damage, additive not absolute multiplier) and Kali's buff (+10% increase to STR AGI INT) is not enough to reach that cap. The only way to reach 300% is through Assassin's buff (+15% damage for critical, absolute multiplier) or when you have the newest epic costume on top of Archer's and Kali's buff. But sure, if you want to ignore critical damage that much, let's just assume the best case when you meet either one of the two conditions and have 300% critical damage.

Now about that 9060 patk vs 8.11% ele in my previous post. Please remember that it's town stats, not dungeon stats. Abyss Earring elemental attack does not benefit from any item or skill.

1. Can +50% STR from Class Mastery increase Abyss Earring 8.11% ele attack? No.
2. Can +30% attack from Brave and +10% attack from Breaking Point increase Abyss Earring 8.11% ele attack? Again, No.
3. How about cooking item such as Muffin, Kali's +10% STR INT AGI buff or even Barnac buff that gives +50% STR? For the third and last time, no. No effect whatsoever on 8.11% ele attack.

As for Skill Aaron

1. Can +50% STR from Class Mastery increase Skill Aaron 3707 STR? Yes, it can increase it to 5560.5 STR
2. Can +30% attack from Brave and +10% attack from Breaking Point increase Skill Aaron 3707% STR? Yes, they can increase the patk you gain from that 3707 STR
3. How about-- Enough, you get the point.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The above pictures were taken from DN INA, where they have implemented Unique Costume. All those ridiculously high % bonus can enhance the effect of STR from Skill Aaron to tremendous result. However, they can't enhance 8.11% ele attack from Abyss Earring. It's because elemental attack is an absolute multiplier, not additive multiplier. Contrary to what you think, the huge amount of patk you get from using Skill Aaron affects all skill, not just FA.

I'm going to have to correct your "7% damage at +1, 11% damage at +2" statement because devs have changed the effect of skill accessory when they released the revamped DDN. Please refer to this post:

http://www.freedompl...diator-elestra/

Posted Image

Posted Image

The picture was taken from the newest skill simulator, but I've already confirmed it in game with my gladiator. As you can see, level 12 board damage is level 11 x 1.1 (3476% x 1.1 = 3823%) while level 13 board damage is level 12 x 1.07 (3823% x 1.07 = 4090.61% or 4091%). Finish Attack is unique because +1 and +2 will also increase its additional damage from 16% damage per 1% HP to 17% or even 18%. When the boss HP reach 40%, level 11 will get you at least 16% x 20 = 320% additional damage while level 12 or level 13 will give you 17% x 20 = 340% or 18% x 20 = 360% respectively. 20% to 40% damage growth.

Frankly, I don't see how those huge amount of patk and 20% to 40% damage boost to FA can lose against 8.11% elemental attack. It's fine if you still wish to believe Abyss Earring is superior, but at the very least present something to back your opinion (calculation, images, reference, etc). Otherwise you will mislead other with outdated and baseless information.

#8 FirePhoenix

FirePhoenix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3606 posts
  • zArAthena/zArSuika
  • DN, Holywood
  • VongolaVN

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:44 AM

^  
1/ Assasin raid buff is not crit damage buff. It is duplicator damage with + sign (like FA bonus dmg).
2/ Your formular [ATK]*[ELEMENT]*[FINAL DAMAGE]*[CRIT DAMAGE] only true when it crit.
With critical resist, even at 89% crit, your actually crit is not that much.
For example, you have critical at 89% and boss have crit resist at 25%.
When you hit boss 100 times:
- 11 hit will be non crit.
- 89 hits critical, but 25% * 89 = 22 hits will get resist.
- So in the end, only 89-22 = 67 hits will have critical dmg.
Increase 3% crit damage is not equivalent to 3% more damage.
Let say, you increase your crit damage from 297% to 300%.
Your damage increase when crit is 3/297 = 1%.
For non-crit hit (which is 33%) your dmg is still the same.
Overall, your damage increase when gain 3% crit damage is: 1% * 67% = 0.67%.
Gain 3% crit damage but only gain about 0.67% overall dmg. This is why crit damage is weak multiplier compare to FD, atk%, ele%

3/ Your reasoning about STR and atk buff when compare between abyss earring and skill ear is totally irrelevant.
50% str buff, 30% atk buff, muffin,... benefit both case equally.
Use the damage formular:
Damage = [ATK]*[ELEMENT] or in more detail
Damage = [ATK from gear] * [1+%atk from buff]*[ELEMENT]
You can see here. Even though atk buff do not increase elemental %, it increase your patk. And with higher patk, you damage still increase even when ele% still the same.
And in the 2nd formular, you can see %atk from buff can be represent as a different factor. So it affect Elemental and atk from gear equally.

4/ Let me remind you, even genesis earring is not always top choice. You can see my comparision here. In my case, Abyss earring win Genesis earring. Gladiator at my level of gear will be the same: abyss earring > Genesis earring.
http://forum.cherryc...40#entry2973392

Edited by FirePhoenix, 04 March 2017 - 11:56 AM.

#9 NateLawlet

NateLawlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:11 PM

@FirePhoenix

1. Okay that one is my mistake. Assassin's raid buff does not increase your critical damage stat but it gives additional but separate damage when you score critical. But it only proves my point about the importance of stacking STR as much as possible, since even with +50% STR and everything, it's hard to reach crit damage cap.

2. "Your formular [ATK]*[ELEMENT]*[FINAL DAMAGE]*[CRIT DAMAGE] only true when it crit"

You don't say? Duh.

I would like to remind you that Gladiator has permanent (shorter cd, longer duration) -20% critical resist debuff duration in Front Shove EX. Same goes for your Flurry Stab Screw EX. It's not much, but it will decrease the chance of your critical hits being resisted by the boss.

3. Again, duh. It doesn't matter if you use Abyss Earring or Skill Aaron. If you use buff, your damage will increase. Simple as that.

When you use Abyss Earring, you will get 8.11% elemental attack and that's it. Because it's not affected by buff, costume, jade, heraldry or anything else for that matter, it will always give 8.11% damage boost.

When you use Skill Aaron, you will get 3707 STR along with some AGI and INT. But because that 3707 STR can be increased in many ways, Skill Aaron is stronger than what the description is letting us know. Try swapping Abyss Earring with Skill Aaron which gives 3707 STR and you will see in your stat window that the difference is more than 3707 STR. Especially if you're using current epic costume or the upcoming Unique Costume.

4. In your comparison between Abyss Earring vs Genesis Accessories, you're completely disregarding Critical Damage in your calculation. How can you disregard Critical Damage when it's the best advantage of using Abyss Earring in the first place? You might as well remove elemental attack factor in that Abyss Earring calculation.

5. AFAIK Flurry has as much as 22% patk boost (10% scar maker, 12% class mastery 2) and 20% bonus FD (erratic power). Meanwhile, Gladiator has 58% patk boost (10% breaking point, 30% brave, 18% class mastery 2) with no bonus FD at all. This means Flurry is less reliant on stacking patk compared to Gladiator.

Edited by NateLawlet, 04 March 2017 - 01:28 PM.

#10 FirePhoenix

FirePhoenix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3606 posts
  • zArAthena/zArSuika
  • DN, Holywood
  • VongolaVN

Posted 04 March 2017 - 02:56 PM

View PostNateLawlet, on 04 March 2017 - 01:11 PM, said:

- shorted-
1/ Of course we need stack STR as much as possible. However, in some case we must make a choice like 3707 STR vs 8.11% ele. STR is not always win.
2/ Yes, we can lower crit resist, but not much. Crit damage still a weak multiplier due to crit resist and high diminishing return effect.
3/ Yes, with % str from gear and skill, that 3707 STR from skill earring will increase your total str higher. Let say x2, 3707 * 2 = 7414 str. So what? Is it enough to offset 8.11% ele ? I don't think so.
And when your str and patk get higher, the gain from 3707 str will become lesser, again, due to diminishing return effect.
4/ In my comparision Abyss Earring vs Genesis Accessories, I ignore critical damage, simply because I reach 300% crit dmg intown for both case. So it is irrelavant for me.
5/ Irrelavant. With higher atk% from buff, glad will have higher patk in burst moment, but that doen't mean Flurry is less reliant on stacking patk

Edit 1: Skill earring have 3092 STR.
Edit 2: I give you the real value
Posted Image

Posted Image

I max crit damage in both so let ignore it.
Case 1 - Abyss earring: 480801 * 1.719 = 826497
Case 2 - Skill earring str: 491743 * 1.638 = 805475

Edited by FirePhoenix, 04 March 2017 - 03:41 PM.

#11 vangeodee

vangeodee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Sohazan/Apodyposis
  • DN, Springwood
  • Gummy

Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:40 PM

View PostNateLawlet, on 04 March 2017 - 11:13 AM, said:

-snip-

1) Critical Damage: 76894.4 Critical Damage you say?

Posted ImagePosted Image

My gladiator (who btw, has incomplete gear when I took those) has 66,889 STR (which is less than what OP has), but somehow, by some weird magical power, I gained 115,210 critical damage after bubbles! Wow! Care to explain that? I must be doing some sort of hax since OP can only get 76,894 after 20 bubbles!

Aaaand you're wrong again, Assassin's buff doesn't work like that (lol #1), and YES, with archer's +10% critical damage (it adds to the percentage) it CAN reach 300% (lol #2) then you say even without kali's genie still cannot? Are you high or something? (lol #3). Son, my Gladiator after bubbles has 263% critical damage (253% town), with archer's buff it goes up to 273%. I've just successfully proven that your computation (which btw is wrong) IS WRONG. If you want proof of this, pay me for my time and I'll find myself an archer to buff me and gather all my gear to disprove your ass.

You said it yourself, with the new epics, reaching 300% should be EVEN EASIER (hello 280% town). If, even with my incomplete gear I can garner 10% critical damage, can you explain (with a hint of reason and intelligence) how a gladiator with: 1) new epics 2) 280% town 3) genie 4) archer buff NOT reach 300%? No you can't, BECAUSE IT JUST WORKS LIKE THAT.

1.) Irrelevant. The 50% STR you claim to be superior simply because the buff affects the STR gain from the earrings has been rendered moot, as what my calculations have shown. WRONG POINT #1
2.) Those are buffs, hence they affect ALL CASES IN THE SAME WAY. See Proof down below. WRONG POINT #2
3.) Again, buff, affects EVERYTHING THE SAME WAY. WRONG POINT #3

Posted Image

So what can we conclude from this little example? ALL BUFFS AFFECT STATS IN EQUAL MANNERS, HENCE THEIR EFFECT IS IGNORABLE SINCE THEIR EFFECTS IS CONSTANT IN ALL CASES. Understand now?

Or in your words, GET THE POINT NOW?

I won't tackle the topic of costumes because again, IT'S A CONSTANT COMMON TO ALL CASES. It won't matter if you have it or not, because ALL setups benefit from it EQUALLY. Also because unless it's announced on SEA, it's not even worth mentioning.

Ok, so I stand corrected, 10% it is then. But then again, you have not addressed my point wherein, IS BOOSTING 1 SKILL, AT THE EXPENSE OF EVERYTHING ELSE, WORTH MORE THAN BOOSTING EVERYTHING EQUALLY. Get my point now?

You can't see how those "huge amts of patk" can out-perform 8.11% element BECAUSE YOU HAVE NOT TRIED IT, AND YOU KNOW JACK SHIIT. I find it laughable how someone who doesn't even know how Raid (Assassin's buff btw, in case you didn't know) works, claim to know how raw patk can out-perform elemental %. It's like the age old question:

"DESTRUCTION JADES OR ELEMENTAL JADES?"

Care to answer that question? By your reasoning, I assume you're on the Destruction Jade camp. lul

View PostNateLawlet, on 04 March 2017 - 01:11 PM, said:

-snip-

1.) GOOD. So don't try to act like a know-it-all when you clearly DON'T KNOW IT ALL. For a person with gear like mine, sure, 300% is still a looooooong way away, but for a person with OP's gear, 300% is just 20 bubbles away. By your train of logic, there should be NO gladiator/moonlord who can reach 300% from bubble stacking. Hmm, I wonder, The likes of CJBear, CatMaster, 23380, o0Cloudy0o, YoSeksBoy, I bet they're also struggling to get 300% right? Because you've proven that even with bubble stack they're still a long way away from 300% right? lul.

2.) Which is why, WE DO NOT CONSIDER CRITICAL HITS, simply because ITS A COMMON FACTOR TO ALL CASES. Also, let's keep our hands off that topic, because you apparently do not know how buff stacking interacts with critical damage and critical hits. lul.

3.) FINALLY! SOMETHING SENSIBLE! Yes you are correct, yes it does have more multiplies, yes it's not just 3.7k, yes you get more patk. HOWEVER, based on my calculations, which btw I assume you accept as correct? ELEMENT STILL OUT-PERFORMS AAALL THAT ADDITIONAL STR AND AGI YOU CLAIM TO GAIN.

4.) Again, DISREGARD CRITICAL DAMAGE BECAUSE IT IS A COMMON FACTOR TO ALL. Also because Athena has just successfully proven that a meager 3% critical dmg increase corresponds to a 0.67% actual increase. You still fighting for that 0.67%? What a joke you are.

5.) Why in fishery's name are you going on about with flurries? The topic here is a Gladiator, in no way Athena mentioned Flurries. Don't try to sidetrack to cover up your lack of reasoning ability.

I don't need to provide screenshots or calculations, because I base my decisions and opinions on experience, multitudes of simulations and actual gameplay testing. My answers, reasoning and logic stem from my experiences as a player WHO ACTUALLY PLAYS THE DAAMN CLASS, and not from some wannabe expert who thinks he's some hot shyt.

You say I mislead? Lul, I wonder what's more misleading, opinions from a person who mains the class, or someone who has repeatedly (just proven it) given wrong information?

Oh and another thing, don't ask me for proof/evidence, when you yourself have yet to give ANYTHING worthwhile, or even CORRECT at that. So far the only "proof" you gave that was actually correct was the +1/+2 skill changes, other than that, everything has been wrong so far. I've provided simulations, calculations (from excel at that), what have you given?

Doesn't even know how Raid works, what a joke.

Edited by vangeodee, 04 March 2017 - 04:29 PM.

#12 NateLawlet

NateLawlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:32 PM

I've already re-stated my point and I'm not going to do it again to anyone for the third time. It's cute to see you get triggered and went capslock + bold with just some posts, though.

#13 vangeodee

vangeodee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Sohazan/Apodyposis
  • DN, Springwood
  • Gummy

Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:33 AM

View PostNateLawlet, on 04 March 2017 - 05:32 PM, said:

I've already re-stated my point and I'm not going to do it again to anyone for the third time. It's cute to see you get triggered and went capslock + bold with just some posts, though.

Reasons. Okay, whatever. I'll take this as you having nothing else to say because you have nothing left.

Pitiful how you back out after a comprehensive reply. lul

#14 zuyi

zuyi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2883 posts
  • zuyi
  • Hermit's Village

Posted 05 March 2017 - 01:05 AM

I neither play Gladiator nor am I going to bother with any calculations.

I'll just say, you should keep one thing in mind Nate, Skill/Bear/Genesis Earrings all have a constant numeric value that they give. Sure the value is higher than what it shows because of our Strength and PAtk multipliers from both Gears and Class Passives, but it will still be a constant [3092 * multipliers]. On higher levels of gearing, that constant is what makes it worse than Abyss Earrings, because they have a static number and not a %.

For a simple example,

If a person has 92% PAtk Multiplier (just taking 60% from gears * 20% from passive as a generic example) and 140% Strength (60% from gears * 50% from CM1) along with 50% Element on a class with 1:0.75 Str:Patk multiplier;

Skill Earrings have 3092 Str (assuming form above post, honestly I haven't even checked the stats because not playing DN a lot currently)

That is [3092 * 2.4 * 0.75 * 1.92] = ~ 10,686 PAtk

Lets compare two cases:

Case 1: 150k PAtk
Skill Earrings: 160.7k PAtk * 1.5 Elem = 241.05k
Abyss Earrings: 150k PAtk * 1.581 Elem = 237.15k

Case 2: 300k PAtk
Skill Earrings: 310.7k PAtk * 1.5 Elem = 466.05k
Abyss Earrings: 300k PAtk * 1.581 Elem = 474.3k

This is basically just another case of diminishing returns.

Hence you see, % values have a bigger impact at higher levels of gearing, the generic values I used as example are at best mediocre gearing levels, not even touching on high geared. Constant stat values can actually be very puny compared to 8% element when you can maintain 800k+ PAtk/MAtk permanently (I know taking a very high value is also an extreme example, but it is quite possible for some classes)

Also you shouldn't consider Critical Damage in your calculations unless you're going to do it very accurately, It is the biggest diminishing return in this game. There are literally only two classes where there could be another bigger diminishing return instead of Critical Damage.

If you've raided with assassins before, which you probably have; you must have noticed in the end skill details, the "Additional Damage" is usually only about 9~11% range, even though Raid buff gives 15% Add. Dmg (of course on a class that doesn't have their own skills which give Additional Damage, because that increases the value). That means regardless of how many Yellow hits you see, only 60~75% of your hits are activating the buff's effect.
If you want to integrate C.Dmg in your calculation you have to do:
x = PAtk * Elem * FD
Overall damage = [(x * c.dmg)*0.89] + [0.11 * x]
But that's only true for 89% critical in a 0% Crit Resist scenarios, which basically doesn't exist.
Considering, we at most crit 70~75% of the time, it'd be like
[(x * c.dmg)*0.75] + [0.25 * x]

Having more people around who use their head to think is always very welcome, but you should kinda fully read zAr's posts before you reply. I'm not trying to revere him nor mock you or anything of that sort. But I'll say this much for him, when he writes a post about numbers and stats, he thoroughly thinks about everything before coming to his conclusions, often more thoroughly than the effort I put into my own calculations.

Anyway that's all for calculating damage potential of your gears and class etc,
aside from that, on topic of FA, I have nothing to really contribute so I'll take my leave.

mfw hit submit and then see a typo

Edited by zuyi, 05 March 2017 - 01:15 AM.

#15 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2982 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 05 March 2017 - 01:08 AM

View Postvangeodee, on 05 March 2017 - 12:33 AM, said:

Reasons. Okay, whatever. I'll take this as you having nothing else to say because you have nothing left.

Pitiful how you back out after a comprehensive reply. lul

I think you were being too harsh on his errors, but other than that, it was a decent comprehensive explanation. If your tone was softer, I think Nate would eventually understand (as opposed to some others in the forum).

#16 zuyi

zuyi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2883 posts
  • zuyi
  • Hermit's Village

Posted 05 March 2017 - 01:17 AM

View PostXenocho, on 05 March 2017 - 01:08 AM, said:

I think you were being too harsh on his errors, but other than that, it was a decent comprehensive explanation. If your tone was softer, I think Nate would eventually understand (as opposed to some others in the forum).

w h o

#17 vangeodee

vangeodee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Sohazan/Apodyposis
  • DN, Springwood
  • Gummy

Posted 05 March 2017 - 01:54 AM

View PostXenocho, on 05 March 2017 - 01:08 AM, said:

He lost any ounce of sympathy when he decided to try and lecture me on builds, especially when he himself does not even know how simple things like buffs work. Not to mention he doesn't even know how raid works and tries to lecture me and athena on stat stacking and character building. lul

#18 aBelardough

aBelardough

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 07:05 PM

I know that theres like an ongoing discussion/issue here but thank you for that. I've learned a lot with calculations and regarding this topics question, lab it.

Cheers.

#19 Jskidz

Jskidz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 03:52 AM

I agree that the abyss earring is better than skill earring tho.
The post is very long, I just roughly read though it and I have something to say about the multiplier.

Abyss earring give you 8.11% element. Assuming you are a very geared glad with full epic costume, cold set, red dragon flower ring, and gen necklace. Your element should be around 52% (60% with sgg title) unless you using any tough acc (which is even worst). So the 8% element will increase your total damage by 5.2% (5% with sgg).

And about the skill earring. NateLawlet, like you mention, it give you 3% critdmg. I don't know how much is your critdmg but I will just assume is 260% when you full bubble (it should be higher for a geared glad). That 3% critdmg will increase your total dmg by 1.15% (higher critdmg you have, lower total dmg increment).
And then about your patk, I'm assuming patk will be about 400k when full bubble (again, which is very low for a geared glad, but I take a very low value because it give you more benefit if you boosting it). Base on all of my assumption, you need to get 16k patk (15.2k with sgg) from the 3587 str to get the same dmg as abyss earring.

And you mention the skill ring give you 9k++ patk, I think this is clear enuf.
My assumption is taking the highest element to minimize the efficiency of element dmg.  And take low critdmg and patk to maximize the efficiency of raw str. If your element is lower or critdmg and patk is higher, then the gap will be even larger.