When The H3Ll Is Rank/ladder Gonna Open Again?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 ChaoteZeus

ChaoteZeus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts
  • RubberZeus
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:10 AM

Major rant in 3.2.1. (if u wanna skip, look for the penguins)

~~~

Ladder used to be a thing.

People play ladder to fight opponents because sometimes they get kicked from 1v1 rooms due to class discrimination.

Group PVP is great but there just comes a point where you want to 1v1.

AI is not even an option -_-

Now? People freakin AFK in ladder.

It's great that light cube is a reward for playing 3 times but they don't even earn it. They just stand there. It's like having six (spelled that way to make it PG) with a rock! Come on.

Im not sure when ladder... oh sorry... "rank" ***pukes... was last up since I semi quit during Xmas, but I got back and it's still not open.

What's the point of releasing stats made specific for Ladder/Compx when you can't even use it? because apart from it's INCONSIDERATE SCHEDULE, it has more FREE SEASON than actual season. Come on. So my question is.

(pen) (pen) (pen) (pen) (pen) (pen) (pen)

Konichiwa attractive DN players,

I would love to ask if you know when ladder season starts again because I was a ladder type person and I just love it so much because it's so kawaiiii hihihihihihi

#2 stylinx

stylinx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3089 posts
  • GoMadRaiku
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • KokoCrunch

Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:33 PM

I SUPPORK!!!!

(mad) (mad)

(mad)

Edited by stylinx, 04 March 2017 - 01:33 PM.

#3 rikolero

rikolero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3873 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:43 PM

Well, ask them to put the Light Cubes elsewhere. Sorry, I'm just not that interested in Ladder, or in PVP, for that matter.

#4 xEquation

xEquation

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5960 posts
  • PepperPoke | EonKreuz
  • DN, Holywood
  • Phyrexians | Treadstone

Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:58 PM

i need ladder points. ples open ladder soon

#5 stylinx

stylinx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3089 posts
  • GoMadRaiku
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • KokoCrunch

Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:39 PM

last season was december 27 to jan 10

so its almost 2 months now.

#6 Kzeros

Kzeros

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:52 PM

View Postrikolero, on 04 March 2017 - 01:43 PM, said:

Well, ask them to put the Light Cubes elsewhere. Sorry, I'm just not that interested in Ladder, or in PVP, for that matter.

not also a fan, i just after the cube. maybe they should put it somewhere else, many complains AFK at ladder becoz of it, like TS notice.

Edited by Kzeros, 04 March 2017 - 03:55 PM.

#7 stylinx

stylinx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3089 posts
  • GoMadRaiku
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • KokoCrunch

Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:27 PM

up

#8 ChaoteZeus

ChaoteZeus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts
  • RubberZeus
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:17 AM

If they made it "Win 3x in Rank" for LC rather than "Play rank 3x", it would make Rank a livelier place even without the Season.

Can u imagine the frustration when you want to PVP in Rank environment and you wait for a few secs/min and you get matched with a gearless AFK character?

This will at least force PVE types to test their abilities in the PVP scene.

Despite gaining no rewards other than a puny collo exp and 60-ish guild points, PVP in Rank is just different. At least it was..

Now it's mostly just a dead place. As you look in the empty eyes of the motionless character in front of you and hear their cries of pain as you attack them, one might wonder, "What am I doing with my life wasting my time here?"

Making ladder type people play something else or even go to hiatus or even quit.

View PostKzeros, on 04 March 2017 - 03:52 PM, said:

not also a fan, i just after the cube. maybe they should put it somewhere else, many complains AFK at ladder becoz of it, like TS notice.

#9 happymouse

happymouse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1183 posts
  • Duck
  • Anime

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:29 AM

they can move back the daily light cube reward to colo, while keeping the Ladder rewards. Then the ladder will only be played by pure ladder enthusiast. Even though this will cause the daily reward hunters to spend more time for their daily cubes.

Imagine trying to afk in Ladder (most ppl will alt tab) just to find out the opponent went alt tabbed too

Worse case is, I usually strip my chara naked so that it will be easier to kill. If the opponent went away wearing IDL armors, how am I going to kill that guy haa?. And from what I see, if we left the battle timer ended on its own, it wont count as 1 match

#10 ReyZha7

ReyZha7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts
  • ReyZha7
  • DN, Holywood
  • Skullers

Posted 07 March 2017 - 12:26 PM

i support this!
i mean why do i even bother to ladder to fight a broken doll who only cries in pain after a few stab?
also for cc, why not just make it a normal ladder like before where you can earn points every weekend?
@happymouse : sounds good to move the Light Cube to ladder shop

oh sht i began to rant as well

Edited by ReyZha7, 07 March 2017 - 12:52 PM.

#11 HurriDANCE

HurriDANCE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5180 posts
  • I'm your
  • DN, Springwood
  • Tempest

Posted 07 March 2017 - 12:46 PM

Yes. Update ladder so that people would have way more motivation to kill my a f k sub chars (clap)

#12 Manfred

Manfred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • NinthIX
  • DN, Holywood
  • Saika

Posted 07 March 2017 - 02:32 PM

First off, I agree that ladder season should start by now and not just remain @ the free season stage it currently is at.

However, I would disagree with the idea of  "If they made it "Win 3x in Rank" for LC rather than "Play rank 3x", it would make Rank a livelier place even without the Season. ", simply due to the fact that to me, LC>ladder rank and I don't wanna waste time trying to win on all of my subs. You might see this as selfish but so is your suggestion if you put yourself in the shoes of LC farmers. It just boils down to which one you put more importance on : LC or ladder ranking. Personally I do enjoy 1v1 rank on my main, but not on my subs as lets face it, ladder is not 100% comp on and those with better gears>those with weaker one. I also do not want to really tryhard with say... my ungeared LF just for 1 cube, it just simply is not worth the time and effort.

The problem with ladder atm is that we can't obtain ladder points to exchange for stuff in ladder shop, hence why most people afk(even silver tier and above). The incentive is just not there. When a new ladder season starts there will be less afk players as ladder points actually are useful (ie: LC (:])). But to force other players to spend alot of their time in rank for LC according to your suggestion is just a big no no.

#13 stylinx

stylinx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3089 posts
  • GoMadRaiku
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • KokoCrunch

Posted 07 March 2017 - 03:15 PM

View PostManfred, on 07 March 2017 - 02:32 PM, said:

But to force other players to spend alot of their time in rank for LC according to your suggestion is just a big no no.

i respect your opinion.

but for me, its a yes (:>)

#14 stylinx

stylinx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3089 posts
  • GoMadRaiku
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • KokoCrunch

Posted 08 March 2017 - 02:32 AM

View Posthappymouse, on 07 March 2017 - 10:29 AM, said:

. And from what I see, if we left the battle timer ended on its own, it wont count as 1 match

so to battle this afk players is to afk yourself (:D)

i just did it now, its a draw

#15 ChaoteZeus

ChaoteZeus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts
  • RubberZeus
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:06 AM

I see your point.

So what about.. "Play rank 3x" to get 1 LC which is what we have now.. and add "Win 3x in rank" and get another LC or two ;) At least some LC hungry people would attempt to do it. I have an ungeared LF, Saint and Physician (yes I like healers) and also ungeared WW, Sniper, Sally, Glad, Ruina and SS. I enjoy playing ladder with all of them at the same time getting those LCs.

PS: Im compiling opinions so I can send them the best suggestion. I know they probably wont do anything but it's worth a try.

On another note: I have a hunch they will re open the season next patch when they probably will add unique Rufus to Ladder store. Or not, at least just open them.

This genesis thing and daily task is a way for us to do different things daily and enjoy a variety of DN Features that we usually neglected. AFK-ing in ladder I think ruins this, feels like farming like a zombie which I hate hate hate so much along with grinding dungeons.

When I open DN after work, Im always like...

Goooooooodddd Mornnninngg DN, *opens daily task* let's see what we have here... ahhh play HBF HC, oh man Im bored of this already. *few mins later after run* aww that's it? I wanna do more. NVM next on list is 3x DQ, man this is gonna be boring...what I only cleared it 4 minutes? I know I can do better, I wnna do more.. NVM next task is rank, so exciting, I wna kill some lolis today or maybe archers....*sees afk guardian* *see's chat of that guardian* "kill me already I got things to do....." "No! So he goes after me and I decide to run run run and self healzzz so he can't kill me and I waste 3 mins of his time as punishment."

It just kills the magic. I know im getting sentimental and shi t but...that's my motivation why I still play this game... Still seeing the magic, well until this rank Afishers arrived anyway, it killed the magic at least on that department. I wish I enjoy grding in treasure stage or Red waste or DZ like my GF does but I just.. dont. So PVP is lyf, captain is lyf, KOF is lyf, 1v1 SB is lyf and Rank is lyf lyf lyf.

View PostManfred, on 07 March 2017 - 02:32 PM, said:

First off, I agree that ladder season should start by now and not just remain @ the free season stage it currently is at.

However, I would disagree with the idea of  "If they made it "Win 3x in Rank" for LC rather than "Play rank 3x", it would make Rank a livelier place even without the Season. ", simply due to the fact that to me, LC>ladder rank and I don't wanna waste time trying to win on all of my subs. You might see this as selfish but so is your suggestion if you put yourself in the shoes of LC farmers. It just boils down to which one you put more importance on : LC or ladder ranking. Personally I do enjoy 1v1 rank on my main, but not on my subs as lets face it, ladder is not 100% comp on and those with better gears>those with weaker one. I also do not want to really tryhard with say... my ungeared LF just for 1 cube, it just simply is not worth the time and effort.

The problem with ladder atm is that we can't obtain ladder points to exchange for stuff in ladder shop, hence why most people afk(even silver tier and above). The incentive is just not there. When a new ladder season starts there will be less afk players as ladder points actually are useful (ie: LC (:])). But to force other players to spend alot of their time in rank for LC according to your suggestion is just a big no no.

#16 Manfred

Manfred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • NinthIX
  • DN, Holywood
  • Saika

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:29 AM

IMO best way to weed out the afk-ers is to just move daily LC to a solo farmable task, so only the diligent ones will ladder seriously for the 3 LC in ladder shop. Your suggestion about giving a LC for 3 wins(2 is pushing it) is indeed not a bad one but
seeing how CC is nerfing LC sources ie: Lotus Marsh, and also neglecting our LC compensation, it probably won't happen

edit: didn't realize you can't type afk-ers without the -

Edited by Manfred, 08 March 2017 - 10:47 AM.

#17 ChaoteZeus

ChaoteZeus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts
  • RubberZeus
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:44 AM

Well, it will make ladder a kind of ghost town until the season opens again. But that's one way they can do it. Thanks.

Maybe 1 LC from solo farmable task (maybe win against elestra AI hard, evil laughs) and 1 LC from ladder 3 wins.

Im not getting my hopes up especially after their action to fix the missing LC in LM, I LOL-ed and cried at the same time at that...I just wanted to share my frustration and gather some opinions and opposing point of views to start a discussion so they at least know there are people who are still ladder enthusiasts despite it's weird system.

View PostManfred, on 08 March 2017 - 10:29 AM, said:

IMO best way to weed out the afishers is to just move daily LC to a solo farmable task, so only the diligent ones will ladder seriously for the 3 LC in ladder shop. Your suggestion about giving a LC for 3 wins(2 is pushing it) is indeed not a bad one but
seeing how CC is nerfing LC sources ie: Lotus Marsh, and also neglecting our LC compensation, it probably won't happen

#18 xEquation

xEquation

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5960 posts
  • PepperPoke | EonKreuz
  • DN, Holywood
  • Phyrexians | Treadstone

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:34 AM

yeah, move the daily LC to win against AI (hard/norm) 1~3 times is good. at least u need some effort and doesnt disturb anyone.

#19 Kurizumari

Kurizumari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1160 posts
  • BabyKuri / BabyDara
  • DN, Springwood
  • Veteran

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:01 PM

View PostxEquation, on 08 March 2017 - 11:34 AM, said:

yeah, move the daily LC to win against AI (hard/norm) 1~3 times is good. at least u need some effort and doesnt disturb anyone.

or Clear Wonderful Theme Park 2 times (failed run also count) (lol)

#20 Tsubutaki

Tsubutaki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Dustphos
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Eternity

Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:27 PM

Maybe change around some of the current tasks. Hero Battlefield (including Hardcore) has 7 runs a week, easily fits to have LCs as a permanent daily task. Hero EXP potion (from HBF daily, or Colosseum EXP token instead) change to be 3x 1v1, while Garnets from 5x 1v1 change to Colosseum EXP token or Goddess's Medal.

I feel that PvE rewards should remain obtainable from only PvE sources, while PvP rewards from PvP. Less clash like it currently is, with people naked AFK in matches

Edited by Tsubutaki, 08 March 2017 - 03:29 PM.