• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AnimeChan

AnimeChan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:01 AM

My CC account has been locked that has 3 years worth of characters, funding and work on it and I forgot my 6 digit code and my secret Q&A. I'm not sure of what identification to give, I've given my emails and phone number and I've even stated my country (US) and my state, my birthday and my name. Would a birth cert really be enough or a student ID what would this information provide since I never used it to make the account in the first place?.  I doubt a picture of me would help, I provided the email the locked account is other, even my password  and user name of the CC account. I even found a picture of my character in game just to prove she existed it shows in IGN and it connects with the IGN they asked for.

Any ideas, do I really have to provide  my birthcert, passport or something?

#2 YamiZero

YamiZero

• 1428 posts
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Rurouni

Posted 07 March 2017 - 02:23 AM

So from what I understand you've already sent a support ticket providing information regarding your account:
  • account ID
  • email
  • phone number
  • country and state
  • birthday
  • name
  • character screen shot
in order to retrieve or reset your 6 digit code and secret question?

Support then requested you to provide some type of ID (e.g. passport, birth certificate, student ID) to verify your person and allow you retrieve/reset the information, or was it to provide you support at all?

While I do not understand either how providing these documents would change much, your provided information should be handled with care and not fall into wrong hands when sending them over. CC may be legally required to request such information before being allowed to take further actions, despite being able to. In the future, please make sure to carefully record submitted input to your digit code and secret question somewhere/how.