5 replies to this topic

#1 bananabonanza

bananabonanza

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 743 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:24 PM

hi, how do i earn counters as a mara? i haven't been able to transform in dungeons, probably cos i just don't know which skill to use to gain counters efficiently? currently lvl 89.

(i know only main skills earn bubbles, but the only one that seems useful during grinding is the coil, and ripping is just for cm1. the rest seem to suck in aoe and ease of use and gaining bubbles)

and the bubbles get wiped when the dungeon ends

Edited by bananabonanza, 06 March 2017 - 10:24 PM.

#2 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3562 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:28 PM

View Postbananabonanza, on 06 March 2017 - 10:24 PM, said:

hi, how do i earn counters as a mara? i haven't been able to transform in dungeons, probably cos i just don't know which skill to use to gain counters efficiently? currently lvl 89.

(i know only main skills earn bubbles, but the only one that seems useful during grinding is the coil, and ripping is just for cm1. the rest seem to suck in aoe and ease of use and gaining bubbles)

and the bubbles get wiped when the dungeon ends

Practice it when you learnt black mara and the 1st class mastery. Dungeons are not a good test coz technically each hit = 1 bubble, and you need to hit 50 monsters to transform, which is unlikely and slow overall. Level efficiently and quickly and max lvl and test it and practice it properly.

Edited by Xenocho, 06 March 2017 - 10:29 PM.

#3 Reizo

Reizo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Alot of Bakas
  • DN, Westwood
  • Aresteia

Posted 06 March 2017 - 11:06 PM

Eh... I mainly get my bubbles from CM1. I just Haze > Meaningless > Turbulence > Insult. That gets me 6~10 enhanced contract bubbles. Ripping and hold left click, instantly 30~40 bubbles :D

#4 WildMist

WildMist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts
  • WildPerry | WildKeira
  • DN, Westwood
  • Battalion

Posted 06 March 2017 - 11:29 PM

You're still in lvling dungeons rite ? just use void coil to multiple enemies, void coil has piercing effect so you'll gain more bubbles if you use it to many enemies, same as gaining Enhanced Contract, killing 10 enemies with 1 Haze = 10 Enhanced Contract instantly.

And beside you wouldn't need to transform either when you're still grinding in blue wind plains cuz enemies still die very easy in there.
I started to frequently transform at lvl 90 grinding dungeons like Red Waste cuz they got tougher there.

Edited by WildMist, 06 March 2017 - 11:34 PM.

#5 bananabonanza

bananabonanza

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 743 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 07 March 2017 - 08:34 PM

thanks for the answers, became lvl 90 last night, and it became much easier in rw. just that i had the impression that it wasn't so hard to transform with da and sh back then - or maybe sh was hard too. or maybe sh was easy cos her damage sucked - i can't remember.

the non-main skills are just so much more convenient, to me (except coil)

it is just kind of stupid that we grind from lvl 50 - 90 without ever getting to use the transform skill. doesn't make sense to me.

something weird happened though, when i entered rhadames for the first time, for some strange reason i became lvl 91 instantly? is this a mara bonus?

Edited by bananabonanza, 07 March 2017 - 08:34 PM.

#6 Lordghe

Lordghe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4431 posts
  • Pota Raven
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:10 PM

View Postbananabonanza, on 07 March 2017 - 08:34 PM, said:

something weird happened though, when i entered rhadames for the first time, for some strange reason i became lvl 91 instantly? is this a mara bonus?

guide mission that gives large chunks of exp