10 replies to this topic

#1 darkpanday

darkpanday

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 12:01 AM

Hi,

I would just like to inquire on what is the recommended element for gladiators? I've read before in other threads about gladiators suited with ice attack. Given that a gladiator is a physical class, will elements help a lot?

#2 Sheene

Sheene

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:20 AM

View Postdarkpanday, on 08 March 2017 - 12:01 AM, said:

Hi,

I would just like to inquire on what is the recommended element for gladiators? I've read before in other threads about gladiators suited with ice attack. Given that a gladiator is a physical class, will elements help a lot?

nothing is special about ice, people just converts to ice because its the cheapest among the elements. Also, it doesnt matter if your magic or not, you still receive the same amount of increase in damage

#3 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3276 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:50 AM

http://forum.cherryc...260828-faq-you/

#4 darkpanday

darkpanday

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 12:38 AM

View PostSheene, on 08 March 2017 - 01:20 AM, said:

nothing is special about ice, people just converts to ice because its the cheapest among the elements. Also, it doesnt matter if your magic or not, you still receive the same amount of increase in damage
Thanks.

#5 darkpanday

darkpanday

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 12:42 AM

View PostXenocho, on 08 March 2017 - 08:50 AM, said:

Hi, I also already read this section and tried to read it again but I could not see or understand further on how each element works. I mean, I was told by other players that you pick your element based on your skills but for gladiator, I could not find in the skills that any is related to elements based attack.

P.S. This is my character so I have no idea on how other character's skills look like.

#6 JimRiyo

JimRiyo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2215 posts
  • GW/WW/BW
  • HW/SW

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:24 AM

Gladiator's skills don't have an element to start with. So either you gear it up with raw attack power or use an Element Conversion Jade(ECJ) and focus gearing up on that element.

And because you're a Neutral Class, as everybody else says, it's recommended that you focus on an element because it's more effective and can benefit you if you party with classes with elem debuff skills.

As for which element to pick, ice is said to be the cheapest element to gear up on. While light/dark are slightly more effective. But then again, it doesn't really matter which element to pick if you're a neutral class. What matters is if your wallet can afford it (:>)

#7 darkpanday

darkpanday

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 12:06 PM

View PostJimRiyo, on 09 March 2017 - 07:24 AM, said:

Gladiator's skills don't have an element to start with. So either you gear it up with raw attack power or use an Element Conversion Jade(ECJ) and focus gearing up on that element.

And because you're a Neutral Class, as everybody else says, it's recommended that you focus on an element because it's more effective and can benefit you if you party with classes with elem debuff skills.

As for which element to pick, ice is said to be the cheapest element to gear up on. While light/dark are slightly more effective. But then again, it doesn't really matter which element to pick if you're a neutral class. What matters is if your wallet can afford it (:>)
Thanks. I guess I'll stick for ICE for now and then try to save up for a DARK element shift. Thanks again.

#8 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3276 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 09 March 2017 - 12:13 PM

Note that if you are intending to do IDN, boss are split to either having a resist of Dark + Ice or Light + Fire, therefore, one usually switches between Fire Ice or Dark Light.

Gear benefits of Dark Light : skill rings with patk/matk + dark & light atk. as you can use 2, your dark and light will get boosted by approx 8~10%. the alternative is crit + all ele, which is relatively weaker as crit can be obtained via IDN L gears or other means
Gear benefits of Fire Ice : skill ear with vit + fire/ + ice atk. note that many strong skills have been added as +1 for skill ears, so its worth looking at.

#9 darkpanday

darkpanday

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 11:47 PM

View PostXenocho, on 09 March 2017 - 12:13 PM, said:

Note that if you are intending to do IDN, boss are split to either having a resist of Dark + Ice or Light + Fire, therefore, one usually switches between Fire Ice or Dark Light.

Gear benefits of Dark Light : skill rings with patk/matk + dark & light atk. as you can use 2, your dark and light will get boosted by approx 8~10%. the alternative is crit + all ele, which is relatively weaker as crit can be obtained via IDN L gears or other means
Gear benefits of Fire Ice : skill ear with vit + fire/ + ice atk. note that many strong skills have been added as +1 for skill ears, so its worth looking at.

Thanks Xenocho for patiently answering my questions. If I may ask 1 more newbee question, what is IDN?

#10 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3276 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:27 AM

View Postdarkpanday, on 09 March 2017 - 11:47 PM, said:

Thanks Xenocho for patiently answering my questions. If I may ask 1 more newbee question, what is IDN?

IDN is Ice Dragon Nest, the current end-game content which features an 8-man party raid. As this is the usual end-cap content, the bosses are featured with elemental resist. This is where people farm Unique Ice Dragon Gears, as well as Legendary Ice Dragon Gears (from IDN's Hard Core mode)

#11 darkpanday

darkpanday

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 05:07 PM

View PostXenocho, on 10 March 2017 - 12:27 AM, said:

IDN is Ice Dragon Nest, the current end-game content which features an 8-man party raid. As this is the usual end-cap content, the bosses are featured with elemental resist. This is where people farm Unique Ice Dragon Gears, as well as Legendary Ice Dragon Gears (from IDN's Hard Core mode)
Thank you   (:D)