• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Supergaybunny

Supergaybunny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:39 PM

Hi guys, I am currently a Arti contemplating for a change to Sniper. This is not a DPS comparison thread but a game play/style issue.

The problem I had with Arti is that I tend to focus too much on gathering arrows for Fatal Cannonade. So much so that I regrettably, lost track of what is going on. Gathering these arrows often felt like a chore and I also don't really fancy that most skills requires me to be stationary with long skill animations. Having to cancel my skills prematurely to dodge boss attacks doesn't feel good.

The class is also too "spammy" that I often find my energy drained after a couple of nest runs. I became too tired to continue playing. I used to play a Guardian/Priest/Gear Master if that gives you an idea of the laid back game play-style I prefer.

I am slowly trying to work on my gears to hopefully do raids in future but I know that these problems I had with Arti would definitely be an issue. I have minimal knowledge in regards to the style of a Sniper and I wonder if a change would be optimal.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

#2 Reizo

Reizo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Alot of Bakas
  • DN, Westwood
  • Aresteia

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:45 PM

Playstyle of sniper is basically... Siege Stance > shoot a few left clicks > Arrow shower > Siege stance > a couple left clicks/right clicks > charged shot > siege stance > left click a few times > charged shot > siege stance > shoot a bit > arrow shower > buff up > Wind shaft > siege stance > a few left clicks or a right click > wind shaft

It's basically siege stance spam. Very repetetive but if you want to maximize dps, you'll be looking at your bubble counter quite a bit and position accordingly for the double/triple wind shafts that'll be your dps spike. Also the occasional Instant arrow shower which you'll need to get used to for positioning. Not exactly laid back compared to artilleries since you'll always have things to do especially since left click/right click in siege stance reduces cooldowns of charged shot and arrow shower which will be what you'll be doing most of the time.

#3 Supergaybunny

Supergaybunny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:13 PM

@Reizo

hm, so I can basically keybind those skills to 123 and go like 1..left clicks...2...1..left clicks...3..1..left clicks...3...etc. I think if I can remember the repetitive rotation by heart it should be okay and I can actually focus on incoming attacks.

By the way, it seem that Snipers are even more stationary than Arti or am I wrong? Is it worst than Revolution Balista/Detonating Arrows? I very rarely use these 2 skills because of how open I am to incoming attacks and I really dislike that. How fast are the action speed for Snipers? I also tumble around a lot lol.

Edited by Supergaybunny, 09 March 2017 - 09:14 PM.

#4 Reizo

Reizo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Alot of Bakas
  • DN, Westwood
  • Aresteia

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:29 PM

Arrow Barrage? Yeah you'll be stationary though the damage is extremely good compared to Revolution Ballista.

Siege Stance's cooldown is 3 seconds so you won't be too stationary. You'll be in and out of siege stance constantly and repositioning.

For Windshaft, get Charged shot action speed plate. That'll make it charge faster. Apply Ambush skill before doing it to further increase action speed for Charged shot.

Sniper's tumble, you'll have to get used to with the awakened tumble. The distance is pretty much doubled so you might end up rolling to another AoE if you're not careful.

#5 Hanjeli

Hanjeli

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3543 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ism

Posted 09 March 2017 - 11:23 PM

since when arti is stationary? its liek..... very mobile.... i never sit still...

idk mate... but even me as arti with mediocre equip.... never really bother with gathering bubble as much as sniper.

ye i played both... those "arti problem" u mention.... were twice as worse in sniper.

#6 Supergaybunny

Supergaybunny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:57 AM

Thanks guys.

I watched plenty of Sniper videos and I think I like it. So I went ahead and try job changing but what is this?? Is this fate?

Posted Image

#7 SorceressHater

SorceressHater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6802 posts
  • VengefulOne
  • DN, Holywood
  • SeaOfFlame

Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:56 AM

I thought Sniper is more bubble reliant than Arti.
Sniper need to be melee to optimize DPS, and Wind Shaft is like casting Revolution Ballista.
I think you will regret changing but if you're already decided, you can fix the error you encountered by removing heraldry / skill accessory that are solely usable by Artillery.

#8 SnowfroG

SnowfroG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:54 AM

Right now, i'm using sniper as main.
But lately i'm considering to change job into artil because stacking int give more damage than agi.

My advice is try to make new snip char, because like most ppl here said she need to be sit still to optimize her damage.
Sniper combo basically : Collect bubble > Spam 3 Wind shaft > Repeat.
ez win?? nope~
there's many case u need to choose, dodge or hit + getting hit.

#9 Nvin

Nvin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Lorallite
  • DN, Springwood
  • QUEENS Guild

Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:39 PM

Hi there! I have both Sniper and Arti.

If you are planning to gear up for raids, your critical chance would likely be around 70%~89%, this would lessen your Artillery Bubble concern. Most likely you will gain bubbles for every magical skill you throw at bosses.

I am a main Windwalker so I also find mobility in my gamestyle (prolly I got used to it?). I personally find Sniper more stationary than Artillery. Artillery is more mobile.

I also find Sniper more spammy than Artillery. Your combo would rely on Seige Stance, SS Arrow Shower and Wind Shot.

I advise you to think these very carefully.

#10 Supergaybunny

Supergaybunny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 05:42 AM

Hi guys, I've already changed to a Sniper and so far I am enjoying it during nest. It's more bubble watching compared to Arti but I don't mind as long as I can maintain long ranged. I absolutely love Wind Shaft & the awakened Tumble (:D)

The problems I encountered so far are short content and .vs trash mobs. I usually go SS+Right click for AS spam for group of mobs. Feels kinda weird. What else can I do? Am I doing it right?

I am still not very used to playing a Sniper and currently training at Diadalos HC and I managed to clear it with 1 death.

#11 Reizo

Reizo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Alot of Bakas
  • DN, Westwood
  • Aresteia

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:43 AM

Well that's pretty much it for snipers against trash mobs. Just right click and arrow shower spam lol

Though some variants of sniper builds includes grabbing a couple arti skills but leaving them at lvl1 so you have other things to spam. The damage would be really low but if trash mobs die with that amount of damage, it's doing something.

#12 Supergaybunny

Supergaybunny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 04:38 PM

Ikr. I followed the Sniper build from this forums and +1 Scope Arrow but I never used it. I may reskill if CC is kind enough for free reset in future. And although the AS trash mobbing feels slower than Arti's Cannonade, the average clear time for DZ is surprisingly faster. I should also fake shot with "w" instead of "s". Still can't get rid of that Extension Core keys (T.T)