• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:22 AM

Im a little bit confuse about this skill work at pvp
So how does this skill work?

So if i take this skill...
And have 30 bubble...
Does it mean that i can cast double laser cutter?
First i cast LC using bubble and second i cast LC when my LC off cd?

Im making smasher

#2 WitWiwWako2

WitWiwWako2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4939 posts
  • LoveKitkat/WarSabrina
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:26 AM

When you have LC awakening, LC has its cooldown removed and can be casted at anytime as long as you have 20 bubbles.

A smasher can accumulate at a maximum of 30 bubbles which allows you to cast LC once. After that, you need to refill your bubble count again to at least 20 bubbles to cast another laser cutter. You can cast multiple laser cutters as long as you know how to refill your bubble count pretty fast.

But its not recommended to take LC awakening since you need bubbles for your 2 new awakening skills which deal more damage than laser cutter, Energy Blast and Laser Ray. The problem with LC is it takes too long to deal full damage unlike Energy Blast. If you take LC awakening, it will become more of a hassle to keep collecting bubbles.

#3 whitevoid

whitevoid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:38 AM

you can't use lc without bubble if you take the awakening.

this one is very wrong

#4 GreenApple

GreenApple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • MinDer15
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:50 PM

one word: TRASH (oo;) .i don't even take it
why?
- LC is slow and low dmg, compare to other laser skills
- big going backward since you need the same amount of bubble to cast it even in pvp and you still are restrictd by cooldown

#5 arctus

arctus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 500 posts
  • Boaz, Okarekwa
  • DN, Westwood
  • FairyTail

Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:47 AM

I might agree not to take LC awakening for PVP.

But for pve?

Nah, seriously take it.

#6 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:36 AM

View Postarctus, on 04 April 2017 - 02:47 AM, said:

I might agree not to take LC awakening for PVP.

But for pve?

Nah, seriously take it.

Bubble spent on laser cutter instead of laser Ray is a waste of Dps

#7 arctus

arctus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 500 posts
  • Boaz, Okarekwa
  • DN, Westwood
  • FairyTail

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:15 AM

View PostXenocho, on 04 April 2017 - 08:36 AM, said:

Bubble spent on laser cutter instead of laser Ray is a waste of Dps

Now i dont get this mentality.

Laser ray often kills you.

or maybe because i oftenly go solo and is playing agro and dps at the same time.

Yeah, laser ray has friggin hell lot of damage,

but under BT,

9 tails Laser cutter  > laser cutter > 9tails >9tails > Laser cutter > Laser cutter deals more damage than just merely standing there with laser ray.

Laser cutter is also a safe way to deal damage,

Let me give an scenario..
hmmm the beetle on pkn,
where the insects below you friggin spawns every 5 secs.

Laser ray is near useless since it will flip you away.

Approaching stomps, laser ray is oftenly my cause of death since i have to cancel it first before dodging/jumping,

#8 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:40 AM

View PostSeraphimu, on 01 November 2016 - 09:38 AM, said:

Rather than skill rotation, go master the use of Laser Ray. My best dps outputs usually have Laser Ray taking up around 50% of total damage, followed by awakened NTL and non awakened laser cutter at around 15% each. I chose to take non awakened laser cutter as it acts only as a filler, wouldn't like a filler skill consuming my bubbles required to pull off a laser ray.
If you try to calculate the dps of each skill based on their values, you'll realize laser ray has the highest damage per second during casting. This means that if you compare every spam of 3NTLs, you do more damage by just standing still and chatting while letting your laser ray hit for the same period. The downside is that it doesn't really get much better from here on.

What you can do to enhance your burst is to cast and leave eraser there and starting on your laser ray. You can extend laser ray's duration that way and therefore extending the period where you are at your best. However it comes with a few challenges, such as finding a good position to last for the whole 6 seconds or more but you'll get used to it after some practice.

Regarding BT, ever since the awakening I've just been using it to cd eraser and keep laser ray as active as I can. I believe there's not much left for growth at this point. Willing to be proven wrong though!

I think you read this before tbh, and in the same thread you acknowledge that laser ray is the best DPS. In that case, logically, bubble should be spent on the best DPS skill isn't it?

Your situation is with BT and also specifically in the beetle part which mech targets players and breaks their SA. If apart from this particular situation, where both BT and being impossible to stand in 1 spot, does your scenario still hold true where laser cutter spam outdps laser ray usage?

Also, given that you are able to spot boss dps windows very well and position very well to avoid attacks without moving at all, would it still be justifiable to spend 20 bubbles to cast laser cutter vs just casting it off cd without consuming bubble?

#9 Seraphimu

Seraphimu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2423 posts
  • Ceraphimu/Seraphimu
  • DN, Westwood
  • Eden

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:45 PM

View Postarctus, on 05 April 2017 - 12:15 AM, said:

Now i dont get this mentality.
Spoiler

Hi! I support creativity and uniqueness for what it's worth.
However, please look into functionality a little more in this case. I acknowledge that different people play differently, and thus I tend to look into the pros and cons of their playstyles. I can't speak for PVP as I've been out of the PVP scene since forever, but as far as PVE goes, it is very inaccurate to say that Laser Ray is useless, and even more so to claim that Laser Ray kills you. You kill yourself with your lack of skill, not Laser Ray itself.

#10 WildMist

WildMist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts
  • WildPerry | WildKeira
  • DN, Westwood
  • Battalion

Posted 05 April 2017 - 01:06 PM

With all those moving and thin body bosses why would you depends on laser cutter to dps tho, have you fought the stage 3 boss in RuDN which i think is more thin and agile than balapa ?

Laser Ray IS your best dps skill, great skill to use while also waiting for other skills cd, and by other i mean the BT which my friend called it Burst Time nao.

I used LC for filler and combo rotation of course, starts off with LC, Eraser, followed with Burst Time, spam double spectrum and double nine tails (i changed the double nine tails to a single nine tail then followed with LC when i fought dregen tho), then end it with laser ray, not long after that the eraser and BT cd usually done at the same time, repeat rotation.

Some people said it's better to spam laser ray while on BT so you can use it again and again while dodging but i didnt like it, kinda boring for me.

I didnt use eraser for prolong laser ray either cuz i prefer it for a filler along with LC while im in the middle of casting BT, seems like i really dont like laser ray but man it has gud damage.

Laser ray kills you oftenly at stomps ? practices dodging stomps using blink and teleport sir.

Edited by WildMist, 05 April 2017 - 01:34 PM.

#11 arctus

arctus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 500 posts
  • Boaz, Okarekwa
  • DN, Westwood
  • FairyTail

Posted 06 April 2017 - 02:22 AM

View PostSeraphimu, on 05 April 2017 - 12:45 PM, said:

Hi! I support creativity and uniqueness for what it's worth.
However, please look into functionality a little more in this case. I acknowledge that different people play differently, and thus I tend to look into the pros and cons of their playstyles. I can't speak for PVP as I've been out of the PVP scene since forever, but as far as PVE goes, it is very inaccurate to say that Laser Ray is useless, and even more so to claim that Laser Ray kills you. You kill yourself with your lack of skill, not Laser Ray itself.

Im not sure if it is a bug, but there are times, i have just casted a Laser Cutter and my bubbles is still at 30.
Then cast another and still left with 10.

I am thinking of the travel time of 9tails laser is causing this illusion.
Approaching big bosses, 9tails can deal more hits because of the air hit. the explosion hit.

But yeah, since Laser Ray is broken as hell, you cannot really compare it to Laser Cutter.

But nonetheless the discussion is about taking the awakening or not.

Let us say i like seeing more than Laser cutter on the field maybe 3 -5 XD

#12 SorceressHater

SorceressHater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6988 posts
  • Save Our Last Goodbye
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:26 AM

View Postarctus, on 06 April 2017 - 02:22 AM, said:

But yeah, since Laser Ray is broken as hell, you cannot really compare it to Laser Cutter.

(no)

#13 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 06 April 2017 - 10:02 AM

View Postarctus, on 06 April 2017 - 02:22 AM, said:

Im not sure if it is a bug, but there are times, i have just casted a Laser Cutter and my bubbles is still at 30.
Then cast another and still left with 10.

I am thinking of the travel time of 9tails laser is causing this illusion.
Approaching big bosses, 9tails can deal more hits because of the air hit. the explosion hit.

Let us say i like seeing more than Laser cutter on the field maybe 3 -5 XD
I hope you read the text Seraphimu quoted, which discussed that there is no way laser cutter outdoes laser ray.

Also yes, the whole topic is on whether to take awakening or not since we are discussing whether its worth to use 20 bubbles on laser cutter.