Can Elestras Be Good In Raids? I Mean, Like Way Way Before When They Were Supp Class.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CorEd

CorEd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • CorEd iCorEd MsGaihla
  • DN, Springwood
  • still looking

Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:01 PM

i'm stuck between making raid chars.

ofc, being a saint and main tank would be the obvious choice, but i'm trying to make a sorc be fit in raids, w/o investing too much. can someone enlighten me?

for sorc, IIRC, before they were for amplifying damage, am i correct? or everything changeddd... when the fire nation attacked.

(clap)

#2 IceMichiho

IceMichiho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • IceMichiho
  • DN, Springwood
  • Seaofflame

Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:13 AM

hmm
I main an elestra. Our damage is not dat great compare to sally, but we can be a decent dps providing some slow and damage debuffs with ice stack.
Still, u need to be a bit geared to get into raid party - i think min town magic attack of 200k will be a good starting point
Good luck yea!
ps: But im not a good elestra so u might wan to hear from the other elestra pros too~ (:D) (:D)

Edited by IceMichiho, 26 March 2017 - 07:15 AM.

#3 WildMist

WildMist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts
  • WildPerry | WildKeira
  • DN, Westwood
  • Battalion

Posted 26 March 2017 - 03:16 PM

Elestra are still one of the best damage-boosting support for raids, she could freeze the bosses almost all the time if you know how to do it, she has elemental debuff skill, and her damage is also very good, i can out-DPS a raven in my team everytime (oh well i'm an awakened class though so not that surprising) she's also the most......shet i forgot the word for being a tanker class.....let's just say her defense are the best among all sorcs due to her ice barrier and class mastery II which reduce damage taken 13% permanently.

To sum up, she's a damage-booster support with great DPS and great defense as well. Just bring her if you think your party are kinda lack of DPS and she'll fix it.

Oh for investing too much, you dont need to invest OP gears to use her in raids, as long you already have a party who trust you, wearing unique gears is enough, but dont die so quickly though.

Edited by WildMist, 26 March 2017 - 03:22 PM.

#4 NoobiexD

NoobiexD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • NoobiexD
  • DN, Westwood
  • Velvet

Posted 26 March 2017 - 04:35 PM

Elestra's dmg is mediocre, if you expect/want big damage/dps, elestra is definitely one of the worst choice. Since elestra is considered as a DPS now, you definitely need some decent gears to contribute some damage else your DPS might even be near/slightly higher than healers who are decently geared.

Despite my DPS being one of the top in my IDN pt, I'm just saddened by the fact that any other top tier DPS with my level of quality of gears (genesis accessories, full 3rd stat heraldry, full 2nd stat talisman), would have easily out DPS me. Even my party members with significantly weaker gears can deal damage on par with mine.

However, the main advantage that elestra provides is the ice stack (as per mentioned by above post). Adept can also provide ice stacking during burst window but not that effective at maintaining it. If your raid party leader leans towards a "one-of-each" setup to maximise the party buff boost, an elestra would be preferred over an adept because she can also provide mana flow. So, aside from her ice stacking, elestra is pretty much weaker in DPS comparison with the other sorceress.

*Praying for some sort of DPS boost in the near future. Been playing elestra even since CBT (decided to go "ice" elemental lord ever since) so I don't play to jump on the bandwagon to job change despite knowing that if i DO job change, my DPS will significantly increase...

What i do like about elestra as a DPS class is ice barrier which offers high SA so your won't easily get knock back. Also which, a high matk means a very strong ice barrier which lets me "be lazy" and face tank most attacks without the need to dodge.

If you are not concerned about having low DPS contribution and wants to be a supportive sub-dps then elestra is a good choice for her ice stacking ability.

Edited by NoobiexD, 26 March 2017 - 04:47 PM.

#5 AzzRule

AzzRule

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 652 posts
  • LilyAquina
  • DN, Holywood
  • SeaOfFlame

Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:27 PM

Pros :
+ Beautiful skills animation
+ An offensive tank as mentioned above
+ Fast pace gameplay

Cons :
- Considered as weak class, need more budget to compete with other DPS. Even have hard time competing with Saleana.
- All her skills cause lag. Without good PC, you will end up play in single digit FPS in raid

#6 GreenApple

GreenApple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • MinDer15
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:46 PM

Elestra
- boring animation: hand waving, staff smashing, staff rotating
- hand weary of spamming her skills under glacial field
- fps killer