#1 Dirkheim

Dirkheim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Sallyheim
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 11 April 2017 - 01:15 PM

Would you guys say that silver hunter has a higher skill cap than black mara? I imagine that SH might have tight rotations to stay airborne. Players also ought to know when to descend (and to properly do so).
I do consider making one for her somewhat safer aerial combat. Although I do consider Mara to be  more forgiving/agile already thanks to her aerial blink/inhale/insult/turbulence.

P.S. Yes, I have yet to git gud. (:D)

#2 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3023 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 11 April 2017 - 02:46 PM

But does stay in the air boost your Dps? If not then why do it?

#3 MooNvStaR

MooNvStaR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • RosaliaNg
  • DN, Holywood
  • FreedomVN

Posted 11 April 2017 - 03:02 PM

View PostXenocho, on 11 April 2017 - 02:46 PM, said:

But does stay in the air boost your Dps? If not then why do it?
for SH, skills cast much faster in the air, that's how it would boost your dps
and while staying airborne, you would have to worry less about being chased by boss. which means u can still fire everything instead of taking a few sec to evade/ run away.

#4 Reizelle

Reizelle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Some Random Inquisitor
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 11 April 2017 - 03:21 PM

View PostDirkheim, on 11 April 2017 - 01:15 PM, said:

Would you guys say that silver hunter has a higher skill cap than black mara? I imagine that SH might have tight rotations to stay airborne. Players also ought to know when to descend (and to properly do so).
I do consider making one for her somewhat safer aerial combat. Although I do consider Mara to be  more forgiving/agile already thanks to her aerial blink/inhale/insult/turbulence.

P.S. Yes, I have yet to git gud. br=

It feels like it does. SH's instant is what feels off for me because of Liberty Attack cast at melee range. I think you're right that SH has tighter rotations (especially with airborne) than BM but I think they aren't that far off in terms of skill cap or their learning curve. Maybe a 3 or 2.75 for SH while 4 for BM I guess (1=Hardest, 5=Easy) <<<Just an analogy to make a point, please take it with a grain of salt (:D) .

#5 Dirkheim

Dirkheim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Sallyheim
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 11 April 2017 - 03:43 PM

My main point in this is my mediocre reaction time/evasion skills. What throws me off in my runs is that I cannot really pull off attacks consistently (either I stray too far to avoid getting hit or am getting clobbered too much). Thus, I sometimes cannot utilize mara's trans toolkit that much. I reckon I may be able to recover lost dps potential/output with aerial play, I'd just have to master staying in mid-air.

#6 ShineFactor

ShineFactor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 03:33 PM

SH is awful on the ground, you wanna stay in the air as long as possible and with proper rotations you can stay airborne for the whole xform duration if you want to.
By staying on the ground you only cripple yourself and have to look for safe dps window to deal dmg, but not up there, the height is also an important factor for dps, as it will determine the number of hits arrow storm will have.
she personally perfers the air, if you get the reference.

Edited by ShineFactor, 12 April 2017 - 03:45 PM.

#7 Dirkheim

Dirkheim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Sallyheim
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:25 AM

View PostShineFactor, on 12 April 2017 - 03:33 PM, said:

SH is awful on the ground, you wanna stay in the air as long as possible and with proper rotations you can stay airborne for the whole xform duration if you want to.
By staying on the ground you only cripple yourself and have to look for safe dps window to deal dmg, but not up there, the height is also an important factor for dps, as it will determine the number of hits arrow storm will have.
she personally perfers the air, if you get the reference.

I did come across that video when I took a look at your channel for mara skill rotations. It's what made me consider picking up SH. Another reason is that I'm not that good yet in detecting and capitalizing on dps windows with mara (and with other classes really). SH seems able to ignore majority of mechanics while mid-air, and I feel it might be a good fit with me prefering a ranged, and somewhat "safer" gameplay (if monkey catch grounded hitbox does not kill me).

P.S. Is Monkey catch cd plate a viable temporary replacement to monkey catch +1 skill acessory? (I have not much luck with skill accessory stats).

Edited by Dirkheim, 13 April 2017 - 01:26 AM.

#8 ShineFactor

ShineFactor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:45 AM

You don't really need to go for cd plate as those 0.4sec between cd plate and tech MC matter a lot, for now I'd suggest you use another skill plate instead of MC.
I do think sh would rather use cd plates instead of dmg, at least that's for my own comfort.
CD plates for rising wind/arrow storm/aerial wild shot will make it easier for you to both fly and keep dpsing without touching the ground (sh cd plate is ofc a must have)

#9 Dirkheim

Dirkheim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Sallyheim
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:24 AM

From what I understood, the cd plated damage skills can cover for 3 sec cd MC then?

#10 ShineFactor

ShineFactor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:43 AM

Yup, cd plate can cover, thing is having 2sec cd with skill earrings will allow you to be even more flexible in your choices, and flexibility is what sh needs in order to both fly and dps.

Risind wind cd is to keep the debuff up all time, arrow storm gets in sync with deluge bolt (both 6sec cd) when cd plated, allowing you to save either monkey catch or another skill when usually trying to stay in the air for the remaining cd of arrow storm, aerial wild shot, being also an important dmg skill since the boost, is one of your best skill to remain in the air when most of your skills are recovering, especially with the delayed left click

#11 Dirkheim

Dirkheim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Sallyheim
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:07 AM

Guess I'll have to work harder for those skill accesory mats then (:D)

I am also reading up on fourrier's SH guide. Would the rotations there be a good start for me to practice flying? (I am currently leveling and I dont have experience with trans SH yet).
http://forum.cherryc...r-hunter-guide/

I also noticed you took traps to spam for freeze debuff whenever on ground. From which skills did you deduct SP?

Edited by Dirkheim, 13 April 2017 - 03:13 AM.

#12 ShineFactor

ShineFactor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:32 AM

I never read it until now, but yah, fourrier is right on the 2 skills group part, that's what I naturally do as well, 2 skills mc/tumble/flamingo/air raid or both if you need to get higher, but using more than 2 skills isn't an issue either.

#13 Dirkheim

Dirkheim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Sallyheim
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:48 AM

I see. Looking forward to cap my SH now. Thanks for answering! (:])
Awesome "hax" btw. (:D)

#14 ShineFactor

ShineFactor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:59 AM

Hahaha np !