justinohzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • KageGensou
  • DN, Westwood
  • NemuiKishi

Posted 15 April 2017 - 08:40 AM

Which one do you think has it better now for pvp?

#2 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:00 AM

I'm guessing you want a tl;dr version of this thread http://forum.cherryc...n-mar3-updated/

There are valid discussion in there, so I hope you would read through it instead of hoping someone kind will appear and summarise everything. Not sure why this question couldn't be asked in that thread too, especially since there's not many who could actually try them out in PVP and give you a proper answer.

#3 SorceressHater

SorceressHater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6988 posts
  • Save Our Last Goodbye
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:46 AM

View Postjustinohzy, on 15 April 2017 - 08:40 AM, said:

Which one do you think has it better now for pvp?

Questions like this should be answered like this.

I think it's Raven.

But tomorrow maybe I will think it's Ripper.

Or next day I will think Raven.

Try to do the same?

#4 stylinx

stylinx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3089 posts
  • GoMadRaiku
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • KokoCrunch

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:57 AM

it should be answered with.. BRINGERS (hat)

#5 justinohzy

justinohzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • KageGensou
  • DN, Westwood
  • NemuiKishi

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:29 AM

I have both Ripper and Raven at level 91 and 92 respectively...I like both. The awakening for Ripper seems pretty crappy compared to Raven which is why I was thinking maybe Raven with its awakening is now better than Ripper for PvP.

Any opinions on this?

#6 xsnakebitesx

xsnakebitesx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • SnakeBiteZ
  • DN, Holywood
  • XXX

Posted 24 April 2017 - 03:29 PM

View Postjustinohzy, on 23 April 2017 - 07:29 AM, said:

I have both Ripper and Raven at level 91 and 92 respectively...I like both. The awakening for Ripper seems pretty crappy compared to Raven which is why I was thinking maybe Raven with its awakening is now better than Ripper for PvP.

Any opinions on this?

When you say crappy what does it mean? So we can understand your perspective well. Next thing is are you really a PVP player?

But just to point out that your PVP success is not 100% dependent on the upcoming awakening, its how you know your class opponent + know which skill routine to put + connect the 1st hit + execute chain combo's / rotational combos. That should be it on my opinion.

Note: PVP is like a wheel of fortune. (cool)

View PostSorceressHater, on 15 April 2017 - 09:46 AM, said:

Questions like this should be answered like this.
I think it's Raven.
But tomorrow maybe I will think it's Ripper.
Or next day I will think Raven.
Try to do the same?

(up) (one)

#7 XxXh0lic

XxXh0lic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1171 posts
  • OverNeko, Hikariful
  • DN, Westwood
  • ColosseumKnight

Posted 24 April 2017 - 03:48 PM

Bringer

#8 justinohzy

justinohzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • KageGensou
  • DN, Westwood
  • NemuiKishi

Posted 24 April 2017 - 04:47 PM

View Postxsnakebitesx, on 24 April 2017 - 03:29 PM, said:

When you say crappy what does it mean? So we can understand your perspective well. Next thing is are you really a PVP player?

But just to point out that your PVP success is not 100% dependent on the upcoming awakening, its how you know your class opponent + know which skill routine to put + connect the 1st hit + execute chain combo's / rotational combos. That should be it on my opinion.

Note: PVP is like a wheel of fortune. (cool)

(up) (one)

Good points. They say pick a class you like and go with it. That's why I chose chasers instead of the ever so OP sorcs or lolis for pvp.

Anyway, ripper has an awakened tumble that supposedly changes tumble to illusion step, removing iframe and making it a block instead. That is quite a big nerf. Sure we can don't take the awakening...but we lose out in a way.

Rippers also get bad active skills with mediocre damage. Both deal roughly 8k damage and only beast swipe looks like a nice chain skill where as the flying kick skill is just slow and doesn't help the class much.

Ravens though get awesome passsive with the chain sickle combos (3 extra lifts in one skill...), instant excess chain if cdf hits and gullotine cross with nice AOE and multi hits.

Been playing as a ripper pvper last time as people used to say ripper is more for pvp and raven is more for pve...now I don't know anymore. I like the fast gameplay of chasers and the mid range skills like excess chain to chase. Ripper has the fast part and Raven has insane chase potential now. That's why I'm torn between them.

#9 xEquation

xEquation

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5963 posts
  • PepperPoke | EonKreuz
  • DN, Holywood
  • Phyrexians | Treadstone

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:15 PM

Ripper i think will be more centered around crippling punisher (for pve at least), summoning endless clones, which explains the lower board dmg of the awakening actives