Problem With Quest (Memories Of The Fateful Day)

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Saidek

Saidek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:50 AM

I have a problem with that mission: when i speak with terrence, the screen turns black and after 1 min dragon nest fail and says me: problem with dragon nest and it closed. sorry my english is bad
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tengo un problema con una misión y es que cuando hablo con terrence la pantalla se vuelve negra y después de 1 minuto no carga y dragon nest dice que se ha tenido que cerrar. lo he probado unas 5 veces y todavía sigue Posted Image

#2 Koinzell22

Koinzell22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Gueranpen/Dahren
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • DnFR

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:34 PM

Same problem happen to a mate! It might comes from you pc, cuz a friend connect on his account and done the mission..! but don't know if there's a way to fix it... :x

#3 CCHelper

CCHelper

• 3601 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:56 PM

Hi!

Try to abandon the quest then accept it again.

Let us know if it works for you. :)

#4 Rannz

Rannz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 12:50 AM

same problem with me, abandoning and accepting quest again did not work

#5 Kimzark

Kimzark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 12:04 AM

Yeah im having the same problem ... and there isnt a way to skip it either :/
Is there a way to bypass the cutsceen, or a way to fix this problem?

EDIT: it might be a corrupted file or something of the sort, since after some attempts i could listen the audio over the report window (of the cutsceen), although no image...
but i cant find a button to "repair" the game... if i knew if i downloaded the game again, would fix it i would do it (RIP 2h+ of my time tho)

2nd EDIT: i unistalled, downloaded the game again, and the error still continues ... no clue what to do to fix it, but i doubt it is from my PC ...

Edited by Kimzark, 03 May 2017 - 06:41 AM.

#6 Rannz

Rannz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 05:14 AM

seems the only fix right now is just skip the quest

#7 Kimzark

Kimzark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 06:23 AM

View PostRannz, on 05 May 2017 - 05:14 AM, said:

seems the only fix right now is just skip the quest

but how can you skip it? even if you abandon the quest, you will pick it up anyways ... TBH im kinda stuck at lv75 there (well i can spam dungeons, but it aint nearlly as fun IMO) so i started a new character in the meanwhile waiting for them to fix this ... although im not sure how long it will take, since i dont know this company...

#8 YamiZero

YamiZero

• 1306 posts
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Rurouni

Posted 05 May 2017 - 07:54 AM

If abandoning and retrying the quest does not work, you may try to send a support ticket and provide information such as stated in the bug report template so that it can easily be located and dealt with, it may be this is a case for a few individual players and needs to be dealt with separately. Hopefully support (and the developers) will get to the bottom of this! Please do keep in mind that the game has several other priorities which may come first (:])

#9 Kimzark

Kimzark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:19 AM

View PostYamiZero, on 05 May 2017 - 07:54 AM, said:

If abandoning and retrying the quest does not work, you may try to send a support ticket and provide information such as stated in the bug report template so that it can easily be located and dealt with, it may be this is a case for a few individual players and needs to be dealt with separately. Hopefully support (and the developers) will get to the bottom of this! Please do keep in mind that the game has several other priorities which may come first (:])

thanks for the reply... i might do that tomorrow ... kinda late now and im somewhat sleepy ... but like i said before on a previous post, it might be a corrupted file or something of the sort... because i found the game and im playing it trough steam, and when i do "verify integrity of game files" after the game closed with the error, it says "1 file failed to validate and will be reaquired", so i ran it again to check it out, and says everything is in order... but when i start the game and try to do the quest, the error happens again and when i check the files again, the same thing happens (it downloads that file again)... and im "stuck" in this loop...

EDIT: i've sent a ticket a few minutes ago with all the info i could ... now we have to wait and see...

Edited by Kimzark, 05 May 2017 - 07:32 PM.

#10 AceOfDarkness

AceOfDarkness

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • AceOfDarkness
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Rurouni (Returned Player AceOfDarkness 21/02/2017)

Posted 05 May 2017 - 10:38 PM

Your problem is you are using the Verify Integrity of game cache option on steam which breaks Dragons Nest ever since CC took over. You need to completely erase all files of the game and download it fresh on steam for it to work again the same issue happened to me a while back. Although there is still a few bugs that I'm not aware of but you should never Verify the steam version.

It was supposed to be managed by a small portion of Shanda while the Non-steam is CC, however, Shanda just updates it I think although I'm not 100% sure who is hosting the steam version anymore.

#11 Kimzark

Kimzark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 11:40 PM

View PostAceOfDarkness, on 05 May 2017 - 10:38 PM, said:

Your problem is you are using the Verify Integrity of game cache option on steam which breaks Dragons Nest ever since CC took over. You need to completely erase all files of the game and download it fresh on steam for it to work again the same issue happened to me a while back. Although there is still a few bugs that I'm not aware of but you should never Verify the steam version.

It was supposed to be managed by a small portion of Shanda while the Non-steam is CC, however, Shanda just updates it I think although I'm not 100% sure who is hosting the steam version anymore.
I'm gonna answer like this since it might make it easier for me to be to make a proper comment...
1- "Your problem is you are using the Verify Integrity of game cache option on steam which breaks Dragons Nest ever since CC took over. You need to completely erase all files of the game and download it fresh on steam for it to work again the same issue happened to me a while back." -> i downloaded the game for the very first time a few days ago, the error started before i even knew there was a "verify" option, and i even unistalled and re-downloaded the whole game again... didnt worked out...
2- im not the only person with this error, although i cant speak for the others on how they play the game (through steam or not) so probably not a steam problem?
3- i havent tried to download the game from the website, and install it outside of the steam version, so im not sure if that would fix the problem... i could try it out but... losing 3h+ of my life for the 3rd time in a row (yes my internet sucks i know) its a huge pain in the ... back ...

Edited by Kimzark, 06 May 2017 - 01:09 AM.

#12 Kimzark

Kimzark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:49 PM

I just want to keep you guys updated on this problem.
After contacting the support on friday, i got a reply today... and after trying all of their solutions (which most of them i had already done before even contacting them, because thats what everyone would try before even reaching out to the game support, but anyway...) the problem remained, so i highly doubt it is a computer related problem... my guess is that its a bug directly related with the cutsceen file, but lets wait to see what they say now... once i get a new reply ill share it here, so if my problem gets fixed, others might know how to do it too...

#13 KordianB

KordianB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:30 PM

Thx m8. Waiting

#14 Kimzark

Kimzark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 08:54 AM

basically i've been told it is a "problem with my hardware" ... even tho i run their game perfectly, saw every cutsceen in the game perfectly and i even downloaded recently (today) a game that hit EU some months ago... i wont say the name due to cherry might not like it, but the specs are higher than Dragon nest... and im running the game smoothly at max graphs, with no problems whatsoever... so i HIGHLY doubt it is from our PCs... but hey... im not the tech guy... but tbh i would feel better if they said (IF its the case): "dude we have no clue whats going on, but its not like its anything major, so we will report this to the main company and wait for a fix on later patches" than giving me the typical "ohh its your computer problem" ...
they also said for me to post my problem there, but i highly doubt it will fix anything...
http://forum.cherryc...d/page__st__300

edit: And now from the latest contact, they told me to wait... so... thats basically it... there is no solution at the moment, only waiting ... so if you are a character that needs to use that quest to progress... then RIP...

Edited by Kimzark, 10 May 2017 - 06:21 PM.

#15 Schmee

Schmee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:56 AM

got the same problem today, getting an error everytime i'm about to go to the cutscene.
Guess there is still no solution?

#16 Tmas

Tmas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:29 PM

I see Im not the only one with this problem... So lets get straight to the point. Yes I tried to leave the quest and get it again. And Yes my computer runs Dragon Nest well enough. But still when I get into the quest, the loading screen appears.. Everything normal, but then when it loads, screen goes all black and it crashes. I really hope mods are doing the possible to fix this since... Most of people want to do the main story so i would recommend fix it as quick as possible. Thank you

#17 YamiZero

YamiZero

• 1306 posts
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Rurouni

Posted Today, 12:59 AM

I have forwarded the issue to the team.