• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 fadhli4869

fadhli4869

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:02 AM

i write this post as reminder for me ( so i can open it easily when play on internet cafe (:D) ), and i hope this post useful for other player that was new in a pvp game

-Know your class, your specialization, awakening skills and every skill you have. each class are very specialized (you cannot use warrior playstyle when play as archer for example, because they are completely different class,with different weapon)

-manage your skill, take only 2/ 3 skill and lvl 1 skill from other specialization class skill (save sp for maxing main tree skill), in case youre unsure take some skill or not, save some sp in case you need to invest to that skill,observe other player gameplay, and in case you want to take it, take lvl 1 and try that skill if you see fit your playstyle.managing your skill are as important as playing the pvp itself

-skill placement, skill that need to be used on quick succesion placed on same skill tab,and near. Place skill that you can spam near wasd button, and skill with long cooldown or not easy to use on further position.place pure buff skill on skill button that was the farthest from your finger.

-try to rotate all skill smoothly, make objective (example, lifting, downing, cancel, dps, etc) for each set of skill ( i do reccomend to include passive skill like tumble,passive attack,passive jump skills, etc, but not your escape skill as part of combo). to measure it was smooth or not, you need to cast on the right timing, not too fast so you need to press same skill button twice, not too slow taht give enemy chance to counter. (remember skill cooldown when doing this)

-Combo need experience, but the most important are avoid getting hit in the first places, you have many alternative based of your class strong and weakness ( neither run, counter, cancel, use iframe, jump, etc). your main target before combo was using right skill or combination to bait aerial evasion, and other escaping skill of your opponent. learning this one are as valuable as combo itself.

-Combo are need to be trained well in pvp (paractice makes perfect), because combo are basically using right skill on right time,in quick succession. But assume youre not used to that combination (or sudden lag in the game), your combo are off target, or not linked . rather than forcing to continue combo, it was better to make distance,and see opponent reaction, then decide to neither continue, stop and run away, perform a hit and run method, or preparing a counterattack.

-Running/ kiting are not cursed word, because you can avoid some skill by simply make them outranged, but too much running make you unaware of enemy next attack, and ( maybe) you might miss a chance to attack enemy, so running have it's time and places. Experienced players tend to make enemy run first, when his enemy turn his/her back, he can follow, and make counterattack, or run very far away from his opponent to avoid long range attack and counter attack,then make another momentum of strike again.

-using power escape skill, require good timing, dont waste it. it was better to wait and receive some dmg and w8 for timing to use it, rather than using power escape quickly then get catched again. some class have pure counterattack skill, use that when you see fit.

-always be extra careful with enemy that have pure counterattack skill (mercenary, priest, machina,lancea, force user, academic,etc). Sometimes they wait you to attack them so they can cast that skill, and completely ruin your momentum of attack. Ensure your tumble/ iframe are always ready (not on cooldown state) when you start to strike, you can use that to avoid that kind of skill.

-If you plan to selfban some of your skill, this one crucial aspect, remove your major dps skill only (the one that have higest dmg in pve usually highest in pvp too), but if taht skill have combo linking/counterattack value (demolition fist for example) , i do reccomend to never selfban it. in pvp, it was not dmg that useful in pvp, but combo skill. more advanced player sometimes selfban his combo skill, but that one are very difficult thing to do.

-last but not least, never (at all cost never do this!) underestimate your opponent, there are lots of case in the past when more experienced player caught off guard because he/she underestimate enemy skill and capability, and lose the match. and this one happened very often (because awakening make combo & dps simpler).

*bonus
try to be creative with your skill usability (like using new combination or tricks), that one can surprise your opponent, and surpised opponent tend to react badly during pvp (like using escape skill on wrong timing,or desperately trying to escape ). Using pvp heraldy during pvp game can make your life easier (for example i have 2 set of heraldy, 1 set for pvp and others for pve)

remember, in pvp, you fight with fellow player, not bots. so always outsmart your opponent and outskilled your opponent. pvp are smiliar with nest or raid dungeon, it require good paractice to do it well.

Edited by fadhli4869, 21 April 2017 - 08:37 AM.

#2 Limey

Limey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:28 PM

I have an easier guide

1) Make ML and awaken it
2) Use MLS while opponent runs to you
3) From this point you can choose 2 things to do

a. Use awakened eclipse to cancel anything. Follow up by awakened cyclone slash and CC ex
b. If (a) fails,  use any of the following

i:run away
ii:MBD away
iii:parry stance
iv:run
v:HMS exi

c) After that, go back to (2) and start again. Rinse and repeat.

d) If by some miracle you get caught after doing those dog tricks, just relieve > awakened eclipse and continue from point a.

TADAAA ALL KILL

Edited by Limey, 24 April 2017 - 07:06 PM.

#3 Eldarian

Eldarian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:33 PM

View PostLimey, on 21 April 2017 - 01:28 PM, said:

I have an easier guide

1) Make ML and awaken it
2) Use MLS while opponent runs to you
3) From this point you can choose 2 thins to do

a. Use awakened eclipse to cancel anything. Follow up by awakened cyclone slash and CC ex
b. If (a) fails,  use any of the following

i:run away
ii:MBD away
iii:parry stance
iv:run
v:HMS exi

c) After that, go back to (2) and start again. Rinse and repeat.

d) If by some miracle you get caught after doing those dog tricks, just relieve > awakened eclipse and continue from point a.

TADAAA ALL KILL

Couldn't agree more with you!

#4 Kuru

Kuru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Kurabawara
  • DN, Holywood
  • No one wants me :c

Posted 24 April 2017 - 03:21 PM

How to win at KoF:

1) play a broken class that is just easy to sweep a team with. (i.e. Majesty, Black Mara, Adept, Kali, Elestra, Sally, ML etc etc)

2) Run

3) Say everyone else is trash cause they can't catch you

4) Call everyone else a lagger even if it's your lag

5) you're now the best KoF player, well done.

#5 Handyyy

Handyyy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Ritsukax
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:52 PM

View PostKuru, on 24 April 2017 - 03:21 PM, said:

How to win at KoF:

1) play a broken class that is just easy to sweep a team with. (i.e. Majesty, Black Mara, Adept, Kali, Elestra, Sally, ML etc etc)

2) Run

3) Say everyone else is trash cause they can't catch you

4) Call everyone else a lagger even if it's your lag

5) you're now the best KoF player, well done.
(Y)