rikolero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3877 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:08 PM

Link for updated skill simulator:
https://spacem.githu...eate?region=sea

I guess we should start some discussion to update our Assassin builds here.

I'll start:
For a PVE AW, would it be good to drop the Shadow Focus to 1 to get Chakra Energy, Ring of Energy and Chakra Cure?

Should an AW fully commit to being a DPS class or a jack-of-all-trades-master-none, just like pre-awakening?

EDIT: changed the link of the simulator from the kDN version to the updated SEA version.

Edited by rikolero, 25 April 2017 - 05:08 PM.

#2 k0npaku

k0npaku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • ObeseWalkr
  • DN, Holywood
  • McDonalds

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:30 PM

this:
https://dnskillsim.h...--0-00--------0
Or this:
https://dnskillsim.h...--0-00-----0--0

Personally I'd used 2nd

notes: why would you ever waste SP into nightfall? (:D)

Edited by k0npaku, 21 April 2017 - 07:33 PM.

#3 rikolero

rikolero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3877 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:15 PM

I'm kinda liking the first one.
As for Nightfall, yeah, that's another candidate to pull my SPs from. It's just that you can get more to pull from on Shadow Focus.

#4 JimRiyo

JimRiyo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2249 posts
  • GW/WW/BW
  • HW/SW

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:43 PM

Here's my AW PVE and PVP Skillbuilds. Personally I'd go yolo full dps for PVE since IMO semi-support AW won't seem effective anymore.

Also made PVE and PVP builds for LF also. Seems that they added more dps potential to the Light Tree, which is nice.

Still making up my mind for Chaser Builds tho (tense)

PS.

rikolero, on 21 April 2017 - 07:08 PM, said:

For a PVE AW, would it be good to drop the Shadow Focus to 1 to get Chakra Energy, Ring of Energy and Chakra Cure?
I would recommend maxing Shadow Focus, which is one of the requirements to learn the Summon Shadow Awakening Passive. Not only will you be able to Transform, the passive also increases range and adds +100% additional damage to Shadow Focus. (read the skill via google translate on phone lol)

Edited by JimRiyo, 21 April 2017 - 08:54 PM.

#5 k0npaku

k0npaku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • ObeseWalkr
  • DN, Holywood
  • McDonalds

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:17 AM

JimRiyo, on 21 April 2017 - 08:43 PM, said:

the passive also increases range and adds +100% additional damage to Shadow Focus
That is the reason why I'd picked my 2nd build
Sadly there is no heraldry for summon shadow. I want this on CD
But IMO you should leave nightfall at lv1 since it has VERY little growth(~400% for 11SP) and put them into maxing chakra illusion for more LoDEXi spam+1lvl heraldry and CD heraldry on it will grant you 8sec CD LoD which is way better than nightfall
Also consider that for soloing you might need some basic heal and cure
Personally I'll go for this heraldries: DMG LoD, CD Chakra Illusion, CD Chakra energy, DMG Illusion strike/CD nightfall
Also can spare some SP for cat from barrier since barrier wont lose much but cat is nice(kinda)

#6 JimRiyo

JimRiyo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2249 posts
  • GW/WW/BW
  • HW/SW

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:54 AM

k0npaku, on 22 April 2017 - 01:17 AM, said:

But IMO you should leave nightfall at lv1 since it has VERY little growth(~400% for 11SP) and put them into maxing chakra illusion for more LoDEXi spam+1lvl heraldry and CD heraldry on it will grant you 8sec CD LoD which is way better than nightfall
Also consider that for soloing you might need some basic heal and cure
Personally I'll go for this heraldries: DMG LoD, CD Chakra Illusion, CD Chakra energy, DMG Illusion strike/CD nightfall
Also can spare some SP for cat from barrier since barrier wont lose much but cat is nice(kinda)
I intentionally left Chakra Illusion at lvl 6 cus LoD EXI CD doesn't reset anymore when Chakra Illusion hits, making it a fixed 20 sec CD. (according to what i've read..... )

I'd go for your suggestion on getting the cat instead, but that depends whether I have plenty enough Dark Atk compared to Light or not. If I don't then I'll go for it, considering the Outbreak and Fullbright have good dps potential as well compared to maxing Nightfall.

#7 rikolero

rikolero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3877 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:04 AM

JimRiyo, on 21 April 2017 - 08:43 PM, said:

I would recommend maxing Shadow Focus, which is one of the requirements to learn the Summon Shadow Awakening Passive. Not only will you be able to Transform, the passive also increases range and adds +100% additional damage to Shadow Focus. (read the skill via google translate on phone lol)

Oh, I see. Off some points from Nightfall, then.

#8 k0npaku

k0npaku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • ObeseWalkr
  • DN, Holywood
  • McDonalds

Posted 22 April 2017 - 11:39 AM

View PostJimRiyo, on 22 April 2017 - 08:54 AM, said:

fixed 20 sec CD.
Yes it is now fixed but on 3 sec CD not 20
You can see it here: https://youtu.be/kIgxerNClP4?t=836 He uses EXi and the bar shows 2sec CD left to EXi again. It changes really fast so be sure to watch on x0.25 speed

Edited by k0npaku, 22 April 2017 - 11:41 AM.

#9 JimRiyo

JimRiyo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2249 posts
  • GW/WW/BW
  • HW/SW

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:04 PM

View Postk0npaku, on 22 April 2017 - 11:39 AM, said:

~cut cut cut~
I see. Thanks for corrections. (:])

Okay so this would be my 2nd option on Full DPS AW build for PVE, applying the suggestions by you guys. I had to unlearn Rubicon Pace because it seemed to be for utility only, and decided to learn the Racoon and Ring Strike for extra overall Light DPS over time. What do you think? (bow)

Edited by JimRiyo, 22 April 2017 - 12:49 PM.

#10 k0npaku

k0npaku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • ObeseWalkr
  • DN, Holywood
  • McDonalds

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:51 AM

Pretty good and allows you simple pvp
Im now thinking about taking rubicon since with it you can forget to paying attention to boss and concentrate on full dps. If you see something coming even if it is a stomp then you just press the skill and immidiately use PB so you dont even stop DPSing which is very good
But on the other hand is kinda meh outside of stomps and solo nests

#11 JimRiyo

JimRiyo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2249 posts
  • GW/WW/BW
  • HW/SW

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:03 PM

Added new plans for Raven and Ripper.

Here's what I plan to build on Raven PVE and PVP. Suggestions to further improve my builds are welcome (:])

Also here are for Ripper PVE and PVP. For PVE, should I sacrifice some SP from the Fire Tree and learn Triple Edge for the extended tumble? If it's okay to not to, then I'll stick to my full DPS plan...

Posted Image

#12 littleAegis

littleAegis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:18 AM

About AW's shadow focus, how actually it works?
I read somewhere for current version, it is not really necessary to max it because it has lowest damage in the skill tree.
And I also not even put that skill in my current skill rotation.

I know for awakening version, it will needed to be maxed for awakening summon shadow skill.
But allocating 14sp for it seems to be a burden..

#13 SorceressHater

SorceressHater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6988 posts
  • Save Our Last Goodbye
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:46 AM

Here's mine for AW, and here's for Raven..

#14 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:50 AM

View PostSorceressHater, on 24 April 2017 - 09:46 AM, said:

I would suggest open edge to be maxed since it would usually have +1 for 10% bonus damage.

#15 You_Sir_Are_AWSM

You_Sir_Are_AWSM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:57 AM

View PostSorceressHater, on 24 April 2017 - 09:46 AM, said:

I like the Raven build u made.
Rotation wise i'm actually removing Mortal blow & Umbra (Situational) on my Rotation and focusing on collecting bubbles Open Edge(3) Rake(3) Rake Instant(3).

#16 SorceressHater

SorceressHater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6988 posts
  • Save Our Last Goodbye
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:16 AM

View PostXenocho, on 24 April 2017 - 09:50 AM, said:

I would suggest open edge to be maxed since it would usually have +1 for 10% bonus damage.

Have to see first if I still need MP recovery passive (considering dedi shadow MP usage), if not then I'd max oe.

Actually I'm skeptical about the awakening passive not requiring rake and oe to be maxed (also applause and puni).

#17 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:20 AM

View PostSorceressHater, on 24 April 2017 - 10:16 AM, said:

Have to see first if I still need MP recovery passive (considering dedi shadow MP usage), if not then I'd max oe.

Actually I'm skeptical about the awakening passive not requiring rake and oe to be maxed (also applause and puni).

Why extend into ripper tree btw? For extra iframe?

#18 SorceressHater

SorceressHater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6988 posts
  • Save Our Last Goodbye
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:29 AM

The first skill for pushing things, and blade runner is personal preference, the instant dash saved me a lot (:D).

#19 JimRiyo

JimRiyo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2249 posts
  • GW/WW/BW
  • HW/SW

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:40 PM

View PostlittleAegis, on 24 April 2017 - 08:18 AM, said:

About AW's shadow focus, how actually it works?
I read somewhere for current version, it is not really necessary to max it because it has lowest damage in the skill tree.
And I also not even put that skill in my current skill rotation.

I know for awakening version, it will needed to be maxed for awakening summon shadow skill.
But allocating 14sp for it seems to be a burden..
It only has a low 5 sec CD so it's actually decent as long as you spam it in between skills. Also it works like Inqui's Detonate and Phy's Poison Break; you need to attack the enemy first using a skill that causes Dark Burns, then use Shadow Focus.

Adding the +100% DMG to Shadow Focus when learning the Summon Shadow Awakening Passive, and the 5 sec CD, I think it's a pretty good investment.

#20 littleAegis

littleAegis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:23 PM

View PostJimRiyo, on 24 April 2017 - 12:40 PM, said:

It only has a low 5 sec CD so it's actually decent as long as you spam it in between skills. Also it works like Inqui's Detonate and Phy's Poison Break; you need to attack the enemy first using a skill that causes Dark Burns, then use Shadow Focus.

Adding the +100% DMG to Shadow Focus when learning the Summon Shadow Awakening Passive, and the 5 sec CD, I think it's a pretty good investment.

Ahh..i see..so as the skill description, in order to make it effective, do i need to cast it in front of monster's eyes? eg. stand in front of dragon head and cast it? (sorry if i misunderstood the skill description (tense) )