• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 07 May 2017 - 11:01 AM

View Postvangeodee, on 06 May 2017 - 11:11 PM, said:

So tonight I was finally motivated enough to do IDN HC with my Ripper.

Boy, is it a BEAST. I forgot to take a screenshot of end-nest results (man I'm stupid), but I got 148b total damage dealt, and that's with me dying at x9. The Elestra did around 100b and the Gladiator around 117b, both of them have around the same level of gear as I do, but with epic costumes (I'm not full epic yet).

I died x9, but still did more than any of them. If I had finished the whole thing, I'd probably be closer to 200b.

So yeah, crazy. Will do a raven run soon.

Just for the sake of it, here's my stage 1 results:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Could you share the skill distribution too? Thanks

#102 vangeodee

vangeodee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
  • DN, Springwood
  • SeaOfFlame

Posted 07 May 2017 - 03:00 PM

View PostXenocho, on 07 May 2017 - 11:01 AM, said:

Could you share the skill distribution too? Thanks

I only have stage 1 results as I forgot to take down my end-nest. I'll post again next week when it resets.

I almost never use Flame Drag, use Beast Swipe (off ulti) when I don't have anything else, and spam the hell out of Rain Drop. Everything else is cast when it's not on cooldown.

Also, I left my Shift Blow at level 1 because I really don't feel it's that good of a skill. The ash can barely hit over 2-3 hits on non-dragon bosses.

Here's stage 1:
Posted Image

#103 Reizelle

Reizelle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Some Random Inquisitor
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:41 PM

Is this build ok? https://dnskillsim.h...--0-00-----0--0

Been fiddling around with a skill build that has both Summon Shadows and Chakra Ring but I have some doubts with not maxing Outbreak. Also, I feel that if I don't put more points in Outbreak (which is why it's 16) and put it in the AW skill tree to get LoD, I might as well become an AW (well, that's how I see it anyway (shame) ).

P.S. Sorry for making a new thread about this (shame) .

#104 sngweiwei

sngweiwei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LiBrasta
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 08 May 2017 - 05:28 PM

View PostlittleAegis, on 24 April 2017 - 01:23 PM, said:

Ahh..i see..so as the skill description, in order to make it effective, do i need to cast it in front of monster's eyes? eg. stand in front of dragon head and cast it? (sorry if i misunderstood the skill description (tense) )

Just look at the target. The target does not need to be staring at you.

Edited by sngweiwei, 08 May 2017 - 05:29 PM.

#105 vangeodee

vangeodee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
  • DN, Springwood
  • SeaOfFlame

Posted 09 May 2017 - 01:33 AM

So I finally got around to running with my Raven. It's a huuuge change from the old playstyle of combining fade and rain drop to nuke.

Now, I'm focusing more and more on stacking bubbles than I am raindrop-ing. There are even times when I forget to use fade/raindrop in rotations (hello x3 guillotine). Overall it's pretty fun and pretty challenging. Takes a lot of getting used to.

I've done maybe 4-5 hrs of BTG when awakening came out, but that's about all the prior experience I had before I entered IDN HC this evening (because YOLO, right?).

One suggestion I have for other Ravens out there is to try and bring a Lancea with you when you raid/nest. The awakening additional hits is waay too slow, even with willpower, especially CDF>Excess, Applause, and Rake to name a few. You could really make use of the additional speed granted by Harmonize.

Anyway, here are my results, definitely not my best, it will surely get better over time:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by vangeodee, 09 May 2017 - 01:41 AM.

#106 Lordghe

Lordghe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4433 posts
  • Pota Raven
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:20 AM

any idea on how to trigger that sudden boost in action speed?

sometimes i notice this when spamming its just that idk what is triggering it

no buffs btw and i also notice this when im soloing dq

#107 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:38 AM

If you want something done, you have to do it yourself. I guess I kinda learnt that when I was hoping to find more info on AW around but I only found disappointment. Nevertheless, here you go:

Posted Image

A few notes:
1. Dark burns can be stacked by different skills. Shadow Focus 'ignites' 1 layer of dark burn only. It is possible to cast Shadow Focus again without having to reapply a dark burn.

2. Opting to use [Awakened] Shadow Focus is always better than summoning clones as 1 cast is almost equal to the total damage dealt by the clones (exact numbers not present due to difficulty in recording perfect calculations). As previously mentioned in this thread itself, it is possible to cast up to 4 in one buff so it is significantly better.

3. [Awakened] Line of Darkness damage is basically 2x of the EX version. The 'return' does not deal any damage and simply jump backwards (like Chakra Illusion's back flip). If you are used to the previous LoD spam, it is unnecessary to use this return.

4. Killing Wave should be cast near a boss so that when it is summoned, it immediately deals damage. It will move forward (away from caster) and can deal up to 21 hits max before exploding/disappearing.

5. Dark Conviction
a) Dark Conviction damage can be split into 3 phases:

i) Summoning Dark Fireballs, dealing 3,128% per hit, up to 8 hits total due to 8 balls summoned (3,128% * 8 = 25,024%). This is generally easier to get more hits (but rarely 8) due to larger 'explosion/summoning' AoE.

ii) Sustained Dark Fireballs, dealing 625.6% per hit for 10 hits per ball (6,256%), up to 80 hits total due to 8 balls summoned (6,256% * 8 = 50,048%). This skill is extremely difficult to get all hits to deal full hits due to small AoE of each ball (similar to tiny Triple Orbs) as shown in the picture below as well as the duration of the sustain, which is around 10s. However, this part is key in dealing high damage from Dark Conviction.

Posted Image

iii) Exploding Dark Fireballs, dealing 3,128% per hit, up to 8 hits total due to 8 balls exploded (3,128% * 8 = 25,024%). This skill is similar to the summoning in success of landing hits.

iv) By adding up the above, you get 25,024% + 25,024% + 50,048% = 100,096%

b ) There is another property of Dark Conviction, where by using Night Explosion EX, the monster (not tried with multiple) hit by the explosion (1 hit of 0.9) will trigger the Dark Fireballs to be launched at the point of explosion. This ends Dark Conviction by dealing the damage of Exploding Dark Fireballs with 8 hits (5 a iii).

c) Using the information listed in 5 a and b, the most efficient way of using Dark Conviction is to summon the balls at the boss and allow sustained damage on the boss.

Assuming only 5 balls are touching the boss, this should deal 5 hits on summoning, approximately 40 hits of sustained (you allow only 8 hits of sustained per ball, assuming you play it safe and don't want to miss Night Explosion's targeting), and 8 balls of exploding = (3,128% * 5) + (3,128% * 0.2 * 8 * 5) + (3,128% * 8) = 65,688%.

This is much more efficient than summoning 5 balls and exploding it immediately, dealing (3,128% * (5 + 8)) = 40,664% only.

However, this will depend heavily on boss movement but this is also where your experience should come in as a good player in maximising this skill.

This ends my small write up on AW skills. Feel free to ask me anything about it (except regarding actual game play as I had only test these skills in BTG). Cheers and have a great day.

Edited by Xenocho, 10 May 2017 - 01:50 AM.

#108 Nateal

Nateal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • DN, Springwood
  • Perfect

Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:39 AM

View PostXenocho, on 10 May 2017 - 01:38 AM, said:

If you want something done, you have to do it yourself. I guess I kinda learnt that when I was hoping to find more info on AW around but I only found disappointment. Nevertheless, here you go:

Posted Image

A few notes:
1. Dark burns can be stacked by different skills. Shadow Focus 'ignites' 1 layer of dark burn only. It is possible to cast Shadow Focus again without having to reapply a dark burn.

2. Opting to use [Awakened] Shadow Focus is always better than summoning clones as 1 cast is almost equal to the total damage dealt by the clones (exact numbers not present due to difficulty in recording perfect calculations). As previously mentioned in this thread itself, it is possible to cast up to 4 in one buff so it is significantly better.

3. [Awakened] Line of Darkness damage is basically 2x of the EX version. The 'return' does not deal any damage and simply jump backwards (like Chakra Illusion's back flip). If you are used to the previous LoD spam, it is unnecessary to use this return.

4. Killing Wave should be cast near a boss so that when it is summoned, it immediately deals damage. It will move forward (away from caster) and can deal up to 21 hits max before exploding/disappearing.

5. Dark Conviction
a) Dark Conviction damage can be split into 3 phases:

i) Summoning Dark Fireballs, dealing 3,128% per hit, up to 8 hits total due to 8 balls summoned (3,128% * 8 = 25,024%). This is generally easier to get more hits (but rarely 8) due to larger 'explosion/summoning' AoE.

ii) Sustained Dark Fireballs, dealing 625.6% per hit for 10 hits per ball (6,256%), up to 80 hits total due to 8 balls summoned (6,256% * 8 = 50,048%). This skill is extremely difficult to get all hits to deal full hits due to small AoE of each ball (similar to tiny Triple Orbs) as shown in the picture below as well as the duration of the sustain, which is around 10s. However, this part is key in dealing high damage from Dark Conviction.

Posted Image

iii) Exploding Dark Fireballs, dealing 3,128% per hit, up to 8 hits total due to 8 balls exploded (3,128% * 8 = 25,024%). This skill is similar to the summoning in success of landing hits.

iv) By adding up the above, you get 25,024% + 25,024% + 50,048% = 100,096%

b ) There is another property of Dark Conviction, where by using Night Explosion EX, the monster (not tried with multiple) hit by the explosion (1 hit of 0.9) will trigger the Dark Fireballs to be launched at the point of explosion. This ends Dark Conviction by dealing the damage of Exploding Dark Fireballs with 8 hits (5 a iii).

c) Using the information listed in 5 a and b, the most efficient way of using Dark Conviction is to summon the balls at the boss and allow sustained damage on the boss.

Assuming only 5 balls are touching the boss, this should deal 5 hits on summoning, approximately 40 hits of sustained (you allow only 8 hits of sustained per ball, assuming you play it safe and don't want to miss Night Explosion's targeting), and 8 balls of exploding = (3,128% * 5) + (3,128% * 0.2 * 8 * 5) + (3,128% * 8) = 65,688%.

This is much more efficient than summoning 5 balls and exploding it immediately, dealing (3,128% * (5 + 8)) = 40,664% only.

However, this will depend heavily on boss movement but this is also where your experience should come in as a good player in maximising this skill.

This ends my small write up on AW skills. Feel free to ask me anything about it (except regarding actual game play as I had only test these skills in BTG). Cheers and have a great day.

Man, so I actually counted wrong on my tests lol. Srsly though, that ulti is so broken.

#109 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:08 PM

View PostNateal, on 10 May 2017 - 10:39 AM, said:

Man, so I actually counted wrong on my tests lol. Srsly though, that ulti is so broken.

Yeah, but you wouldn't get full hits. It would be more accurate to deal 50-80% of the damage unless a boss comes out U shape.

Anyway, I noticed you mentioned in one of your posts that Rubicon is terrible. Does it not have any value as an emergency-relief-like skill?

#110 Nateal

Nateal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • DN, Springwood
  • Perfect

Posted 11 May 2017 - 09:28 AM

View PostXenocho, on 10 May 2017 - 09:08 PM, said:

Yeah, but you wouldn't get full hits. It would be more accurate to deal 50-80% of the damage unless a boss comes out U shape.

Anyway, I noticed you mentioned in one of your posts that Rubicon is terrible. Does it not have any value as an emergency-relief-like skill?

You cant even use it mid-air. And even if you can, 10 SP for a skill which serves that same function as say, Triangle Shot, it's way too much.

Edited by Nateal, 11 May 2017 - 09:28 AM.

#111 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 11 May 2017 - 09:31 AM

View PostNateal, on 11 May 2017 - 09:28 AM, said:

You cant even use it mid-air. And even if you can, 10 SP for a skill which serves that same function as say, Triangle Shot, it's way too much.

After some testing, I have the same sentiments. If there was horizontal movement, it would be much better. Vertical movement barely escapes hazardous situations minus stomps, for which assassins already have double jump.

#112 stylinx

stylinx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3089 posts
  • GoMadRaiku
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • KokoCrunch

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:07 AM

here are the builds i made for pvp, though im not sure about this (shame)

LF - https://dnskillsim.h...--0-00-----0--0
or i could drop points on ring strike and put it in shadow hand, lvl 18 363%

AW - https://dnskillsim.h...--0-00-----0--0
or i could remove rubicon and put points on plasma burst to lvl 16

though i havent pvp'ed with my bringers yet, just my raven

Edited by stylinx, 11 May 2017 - 11:22 AM.

#113 Emperana

Emperana

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Rxiara
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:59 PM

https://dnskillsim.h...--0-00-----0--0
Is this build fine ?

#114 SorceressHater

SorceressHater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6988 posts
  • Save Our Last Goodbye
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:12 AM

View PostEmperana, on 15 May 2017 - 06:59 PM, said:

Not bad, simple and straightforward.

I assumed you mean pure PVE btw.

Edited by SorceressHater, 16 May 2017 - 07:13 AM.

#115 iKissa

iKissa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 904 posts
  • AdVXa / LoVXa
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Parthenius

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:46 PM

View PostReizelle, on 08 May 2017 - 04:41 PM, said:

Is this build ok? https://dnskillsim.h...--0-00-----0--0

Been fiddling around with a skill build that has both Summon Shadows and Chakra Ring but I have some doubts with not maxing Outbreak. Also, I feel that if I don't put more points in Outbreak (which is why it's 16) and put it in the AW skill tree to get LoD, I might as well become an AW (well, that's how I see it anyway (shame) ).

P.S. Sorry for making a new thread about this (shame) .
That should be fine. However based on my exp, Full Brightness isn't really nice for the damage. I personally prefer to take FB lv 11 and maxing Outbreak + Mana Recovery for emergency situation in raid like some mechanics in RuDN. Also considering that Weapon Costume is quite common, having max Outbreak will be better than max FB damage wise.

#116 Emperana

Emperana

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Rxiara
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 01 June 2017 - 05:18 PM

View PostSorceressHater, on 16 May 2017 - 07:12 AM, said:

Not bad, simple and straightforward.

I assumed you mean pure PVE btw.

Yeah,not a fan of PvP....
Thanks for replying (:D) (:D)

#117 KillianC

KillianC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • KillianQ
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:26 AM

can anyone share their skill rotation for Ravens? and how do you fit Crow Storm in your rotation?

#118 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:27 AM

View PostKillianC, on 20 June 2017 - 12:26 AM, said:

can anyone share their skill rotation for Ravens? and how do you fit Crow Storm in your rotation?
Most will chose to use G.Cross off CD whenever they get enough bubbles. As for rotation, its usually 'cast chain skill to trigger star combination buff,' followed by 'collecting bubble under star combination buff.' I don't play raven but I believe the general idea is correct.

#119 KillianC

KillianC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • KillianQ
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:45 AM

thank goodness...i thought i was missing out on something since i rarely use Crow Storm...i really hope they put at least an iframe for the skill to make it a lot more useful, i mean 10 bubbles for a nuke that rarely crits is kinda...meh (shame)

#120 Bumper

Bumper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:09 AM

View PostKillianC, on 20 June 2017 - 01:45 AM, said:

thank goodness...i thought i was missing out on something since i rarely use Crow Storm...i really hope they put at least an iframe for the skill to make it a lot more useful, i mean 10 bubbles for a nuke that rarely crits is kinda...meh (shame)
I usually use Crow Storm on nest with low crit resist, mostly those normal nest, you can refer here.
Either that or when boss hp is low and you happen to have 10 bubbles which is not that hard to collect, it's fun to steal the last hit from let's say a glad lol.
Those with high crit resist, I'll just stick with Guillotine Cross for the sake of consistency.