• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#41 NateLawlet

NateLawlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:18 AM

It seems that Flame Drag should only be used after Beast Swipe for some additional damage (at least from what I've seen in the simulator description). I haven't level my ripper yet, but burning coal is looking good as far as dps skill goes. It's as strong as flame locust pre nerf and you don't even need to press left click. Just cast and watch that handsome twin of you burns away.

Slightly off-topic, whoever design assassin awakening must be touched in the head or something. Abyss walker is absolutely broken in a bad way, both in pve and pvp. Tons of his skill (such as illusion strike and sometime killing wave) will often miss even when you aim directly at a big sized boss. LOD got reduced damage and you no longer have iframe when using plasma break midair. Abyss claw has pretty nice aoe but the SA break and damage is pretty meh for a skill with long cooldown. Other than instant air transition, rubicon pace is garbage bin where you can dump a whooping 10 sp.

TL;DR AW is plain crap, ripper is underwhelming, LF got pretty normal (but still good) boost while raven is once again favored by devs.

#42 k0npaku

k0npaku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • ObeseWalkr
  • DN, Holywood
  • McDonalds

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:54 AM

View PostNateLawlet, on 26 April 2017 - 12:18 AM, said:

no longer have iframe when using plasma break midair
You have but it is shorter

#43 Thisfieldisre

Thisfieldisre

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:54 AM

Awakened ripper=madman.
Went with the full fire build(only extend raven tree till applause) and currently having problems in placing mortal blow, flame drag, and to some extent flame locust on my rotations.
Summoning clones under crippling punisher now deal damage. ( close to the skills' non-ex damage)

View PostNateLawlet, on 26 April 2017 - 12:18 AM, said:

...LOD got reduced damage...

TL;DR AW is plain crap, ripper is underwhelming, LF got pretty normal (but still good) boost while raven is once again favored by devs.

@AW.
Rubicon can serve as an extra wake attack though.
In what way does LOD get its damage reduced? or do you mean LOD instant?
It seems that LOD instant doesn't benefit from any passive at all(both awk and ex).

Edited by Thisfieldisre, 26 April 2017 - 12:58 AM.

#44 k0npaku

k0npaku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • ObeseWalkr
  • DN, Holywood
  • McDonalds

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:15 AM

View PostThisfieldisre, on 26 April 2017 - 12:54 AM, said:

In what way does LOD get its damage reduced? or do you mean LOD instant?
It seems that LOD instant doesn't benefit from any passive at all(both awk and ex).
Old LoD/EXi did around 10k% per 3 lines so LoD(27 CD btw)+EXi(6-8s CD per 10k% btw)=20k%
New LoD does 7k% per dash and EXi does 2.7k% so overall LoD(40s CD for 2 dashes)+EXi(6-8s CD for 2.7k%)=16.7k%
1.5 times longer CD for ****tier damage? Thx, ED
Also take notes on:
Darkness Incarnate nerf -15% ele buff
Racoon nerf -15% ele buff
Basic Evil stare nerf from 3400% to 1700%
No more clones cuz 20% speed buff - nerf too

Also it is f4king disguisting how ED nerfed ripper's stats and ele buff + locustEX for what? Useless long CD, long cast, low damage skills? Stupid passive based on patk? Sireously? While giving raven +2k% on every skill and 17k% active? Fak you, ED.

Edited by k0npaku, 26 April 2017 - 01:20 AM.

#45 NateLawlet

NateLawlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:37 AM

LOD previous damage at lv 13 is 2701% x 3 dash for a total of 8103%. Right now, we have 2701% x 1.3 (EX bonus) x 2 (awakening bonus)for a total of 7022.6%

If we're counting that x2 LOD from CTC, then sure the burst will go up to 14045.2% when you first attack. However, both awakened EX and INS version of current LOD are inferior compared to the ones from previous patch. The damage gap will only get bigger as time passes. Sure, we get that 30% STR and AGI boost but we also lose 15% dark attack from raccoon. It's not like AW is the top dps in previous patch, so I find it ridiculous for them to nerf the class this bad.

LOD nerf in pvp is pretty justifiable tho, but other than that this awakening is even more of a failure than the initial awakening of Kali. Especially considering the hype for assassin awk was quite high. I can only hope they revamp this awakening in the future...

p.s I tested that mid-air plasma break again, but the white iframe aura is still nowhere to be seen. Who knows, maybe you're right and the iframe is still there, albeit for a shorter duration. If the iframe was still there, it must be brief enough to make it practically useless as evasion skill.

#46 Thisfieldisre

Thisfieldisre

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:41 AM

I failed to take into account the additional cooldown on it since it became a CTC skill. The broken instant hurts more, IMO.

Edited by Thisfieldisre, 26 April 2017 - 01:45 AM.

#47 k0npaku

k0npaku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • ObeseWalkr
  • DN, Holywood
  • McDonalds

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:53 AM

View PostNateLawlet, on 26 April 2017 - 01:37 AM, said:

plasma break
https://www.youtube....h?v=iB3iOgyL4bo
Watch at 0.25 speed and stop at 0:01 here's white iframe aura

#48 Gricia

Gricia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts
  • DN, Westwood
  • WellcomPC

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:28 AM

View Postk0npaku, on 24 April 2017 - 02:26 PM, said:

Only rake and rake EXi gives you 3 spoils. Open edge gives 1

Correction: both Star Combination and Chain Combination gives (1) Steal, only when Chain Combination hits and you gain Chain Star buff (50% chance) which allows you to gain (3) Steal with rake and open edge.

Edited by Gricia, 26 April 2017 - 10:28 AM.

#49 Nateal

Nateal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • DN, Springwood
  • Perfect

Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:28 AM

I've been playing around with Ripper's awakening for a bit, so far I must say it's quite underwhelming, but then again maybe that's just because I haven't mastered it yet.

Anyway, here's the stuff I've learned so far:
  • Burning Coal is the new Flame Locust. Spam it hard.
  • Crippling Punisher is now Ripper's main DPS skill: You can cast 3 waves of Illusions + 2x Beast Swipe during the duration of the ulti, which is basically equal to 5x waves. However, the timing is very tight.
  • With both CD reduction plate and Special Attk Cooldown Reduced in the combined skills, Crippling Punisher's CD is lowered to nearly 40s by the time Crippling Punsher runs out. It's super spammable.
  • Shadow Hand does 900% more damage when attacking from the sides or behind. This means that it does 5184% board damage under those condition. Also, circle mobs (IDN S2 orbs, wisps, etc.) are all "back", so Shadow Hand always deals 900% times more damage to them (at least this is the case in my experience).
  • Artful Chaser range got buffed. Seriously, I can hit the golem in BTG from the blue circle.
  • Flame Drag is pretty crap. Still worth using every off CD cuz it does 5000%+ damage.
I'll probably play around with this Ripper a bit more. Also, I skipped the Tumble awakening. I might do some testing on that using a different skill build.

#50 okinoel

okinoel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:51 AM

I feel bad for my favorite Abysswalker.
These are things i noticed (and disliked):
- illusion strike doesnt seem to hit fully grounded enemies anymore

- of course, the awkward absence of the jump of midair-casted plasma burst
(although it seemed to make casting plasma faster which is good?)

- i miss my LOD so much :'( that was the highlight of AW for me.
The CTC mechanic is fine. i only wished they made it (3) charges with lower cooldown.
Im fine with the single LOD INS... since that was indeed pretty OP.

- chakra punch. this weak skill was still vital for my combos (chakra illusion punch is all thats left huhu)

Still gonna play this class though. Still one of my favorites.
Hopefully they make some positive adjustments soon

#51 xEquation

xEquation

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5963 posts
  • PepperPoke | EonKreuz
  • DN, Holywood
  • Phyrexians | Treadstone

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:04 PM

I'm still pretty skeptical about tumble awakening too, so I haven't learned it. but I did save the sp for it...

i found out to avoid misplacing urself after using flame drag, use coal immediately once flame drag hit registers, also flame drag right click mode has very long range lmao.

Edited by xEquation, 26 April 2017 - 12:08 PM.

#52 littleAegis

littleAegis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:23 PM

View Postokinoel, on 26 April 2017 - 11:51 AM, said:

I feel bad for my favorite Abysswalker.
These are things i noticed (and disliked):
- illusion strike doesnt seem to hit fully grounded enemies anymore

- of course, the awkward absence of the jump of midair-casted plasma burst
(although it seemed to make casting plasma faster which is good?)

- i miss my LOD so much :'( that was the highlight of AW for me.
The CTC mechanic is fine. i only wished they made it (3) charges with lower cooldown.
Im fine with the single LOD INS... since that was indeed pretty OP.

- chakra punch. this weak skill was still vital for my combos (chakra illusion punch is all thats left huhu)

Still gonna play this class though. Still one of my favorites.
Hopefully they make some positive adjustments soon

I prefer previous Plasma Burst since can jump after jump that useful to hit from long range..

I also have problem adjusting using AW skill especially the new LoD and fully utilize the 10sp Rubicon..10sp.. (T.T)

Edited by littleAegis, 26 April 2017 - 01:25 PM.

#53 Nihilum

Nihilum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Nihilum
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:47 PM

I don't even know why most of u guys say aw is bad even with his awakening.... coz right now my aw have easier time clearing nest compared to my raven.... by easier time i mean faster with same gear...aw can dish out massive burst in short time while raven need to collect resources first bfore they can use guillotine cross or crow storm... and most of the time u won't even use crow storm due to its awkwardness and the range for that skill is just meh... anyway the new lod will take time for u to get used tho just remember awk lod utility can be used to setup killing wave/abyss claw/illusion strike/dark conviction into night explosion/amaterasu

Tl;dr aw dps after awakening is strong if u know the correct uses of amaterasu
10/10 will play take aw into my raid pt

#54 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:09 PM

View PostNihilum, on 26 April 2017 - 02:47 PM, said:

I don't even know why most of u guys say aw is bad even with his awakening.... coz right now my aw have easier time clearing nest compared to my raven.... by easier time i mean faster with same gear...aw can dish out massive burst in short time while raven need to collect resources first bfore they can use guillotine cross or crow storm... and most of the time u won't even use crow storm due to its awkwardness and the range for that skill is just meh... anyway the new lod will take time for u to get used tho just remember awk lod utility can be used to setup killing wave/abyss claw/illusion strike/dark conviction into night explosion/amaterasu

Tl;dr aw dps after awakening is strong if u know the correct uses of amaterasu
10/10 will play take aw into my raid pt
Could you elaborate more similar to post 49 so people may be able to grasp the strengths and playstyle of AW now? Thanks.

#55 Nateal

Nateal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • DN, Springwood
  • Perfect

Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:44 PM

Playing around with my AW now. Here's my thoughts so far:
  • LoD feels like piss to use. I thought that the CtC thing would mean that we get 3x clicks per charge, but apparently I was misinformed. Now LoD has been reduced to 2 charges, although the damage was buffed to make up for it.
  • Why did they change Chakra Illusion's activation to right click? It's seriously messing with my muscle memory. Been pressing spacebar all this time and ending up jumping like an idiot (oo;)
  • From my testing, apparently Dark Conviction is now the highest dps skill of AW's. It summons 8 orbs which does 50% damage on the 1st hit, then lingers around for 10 hits of 20% damage, then explodes for around 50% damage on the 12th hit. Seeing as Dark Conviction does 3128% board damage, this equals to a huge 30028% board damage per cast, and seeing as my AW with only 214k P.att and 96% elem on BTG does this much, I think my calculations are correct. Feel free to correct me though.
  • Abyss Claw and Killing Wave are decent skills. Nothing too fancy though.
  • If you choose to use the Summon Shadow awakening, you get around 4 casts of Shadow Focus. Under it's effects, Shadow Focus does around 3490% damage. I still haven't done enough testing whether casting that 4 times is better than letting Illusions do the work while you cast other skills, but it's something to think about.
  • Rubicon is, without a doubt, the worst 10SP skill in this game. I want my SP back goddemnit.
  • If you max every AW skill including Rubicon, you can have exactly enough SP to get Chakra Energy. If you didnt take Rubicon, you can even get Chakra Cure.
Overall, I feel like AW is very fun to play now. However, the same cannot be said for its DPS. It's still pretty bad tbh.

Edited by Nateal, 26 April 2017 - 03:47 PM.

#56 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 26 April 2017 - 09:55 PM

TBH I dunno if this is the right place to share, but here, I hope some may find this useful:

Raven awakening skill damage
Posted Image

Just to add on, I tested these myself. Feel free to let me know if I made any errors.

Edited by Xenocho, 26 April 2017 - 09:56 PM.

#57 Lenxac

Lenxac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:46 PM

Few dps test, that i take ss.

AW = https://www.dropbox..../54843.jpg?dl=0
AW = https://www.dropbox..../54848.jpg?dl=0
LF = https://www.dropbox..../54816.jpg?dl=0
Ripper = https://www.dropbox....012852.jpg?dl=0

town stats
AW = 179-204k patk, maxed crit, 221% crit dmg, dark 80.47, FD 3539/15% on 93 nest
LF = 162-187k patk, 62% crit, 220% crit dmg, 38% light, FD 2381/10% on 93 nest
Ripper = 249-278k patk, maxed crit, 237% crit dmg, 73.01% fire, FD 4990/32% on 93 nest
definitely need to start gearing my bringers hahaha, especially my LF which is previously stacked vit build

The thing for the new AW, It is a huge huge huge boost. but, the LOD system seriously annoying in terms of combo.
I think, dont focus much on LOD, good dmg, but I'd say, its no longer your main dps skill.
Awakened Shadow focus is the one u spammed most, use the awakened summon shadow buff which also gives u more speed for other skills. I think summon shadow awakened buff is slightly better than summoning the 2 shadow.
For rubicon, use the free assassin reset scroll and get rid of it, such waste sp, unless there is something hidden purpose of rubicon that i didnt know.

LF, heal is good, only if u have high patk, otherwise, u'd say its a nerf. :D damage is also good for a support class. well on btg my ring strike is top, but well, in real nest, that skill sure is risky, so probably unseen art will be ur top dps, followed by sunshine spark.

Ripper, patk and fire elem drops, but dps rise. ripper now focuses on ulti + burning coal which will also reduce ulti's cd. the rest, is like Natael said previously.

*EDIT: Ripper added, havent awakened my raven, no dps test :D
also, all this is based on btg, havent been trying the actual nest.

Edited by Lenxac, 26 April 2017 - 11:51 PM.

#58 ReyZha7

ReyZha7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts
  • ReyZha7
  • DN, Holywood
  • Skullers

Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:24 PM

i'm still confused, as i'm looking for PvE/PvP build(i do this since early caps)
my builds :
Ripper
Raven
LightFury
AbyssWalker
tbh i still only awakened my Ripper and Abysswalker, so the Raven and LF only in simulator
and still confused af about the new skill rotation (sorry)

Edited by ReyZha7, 26 April 2017 - 11:26 PM.

#59 nhelraios

nhelraios

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Vesemyr / TrisMagii
  • DN, Holywood
  • VongolaVN / Salvatore

Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:04 AM

Geared AW here trying out some dps test in BTG.

1 golem: https://youtu.be/p2cM6AlmoVE
10 golems: https://youtu.be/xYteHg6Xp2Y
Granom Nest HC: https://youtu.be/rc5s5dp0lWE

I'd say the awakening definitely made huge boosts to AW DPS.

Edited by nhelraios, 27 April 2017 - 04:00 PM.

#60 vangeodee

vangeodee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
  • DN, Springwood
  • SeaOfFlame

Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:12 AM

Can someone enlighten me as to how counterattack is supposed to work? I tried using Beast Swipe's last hit as a gauge. The description says "1000% Physical ATK" I just cant wrap my head around how is 1000% PATK equivalent to just 100% more damage?

Beast Swipe without counterattack
Posted Image

Beast Swipe with counterattack
Posted Image

Pre-awakening DPS was barely 100m DPS in BTG. Now I'm getting as high as 140~150m. That is about as much as my ML is doing, but that one has complete new epic costume, my assassins only have epic boots.
Posted Image