Kiyo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • SnowClove, Hallr
  • DN, Springwood
  • Jagare

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:03 PM

Is anyone else having an issue with GM's BMB?

The problem for me atm is when BMB/BMBexi is cast, the skill goes through the bosses hitbox, only damaging (Sometimes not at all) the boss once it goes through them and hits the floor.
It also seems to happen a lot when I'm in pointblank range of the boss.

This kinda becomes a problem during dps checks/iceprison scenarios
On another note, this also happens occasionally with Mecha Cannon, wherein the animation of the explosion happens, but no dmg registers.

Thanks for any inputs, was just wondering if any other GMs out there are experiencing these things too or if it was just me o e o)/

Hopefully if there's any GMs that aren't extinct yet with all her sisters trumpin her lel

#2 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 23 April 2017 - 02:14 AM

View PostKiyo, on 22 April 2017 - 10:03 PM, said:

-shortened

Errr, it's just how BMB works since it was released in 50 cap together with Gear Master. For your case, most likely you overestimated the height of the boss hitbox and the bomb just went over it.

My suggestion is that you aim at the legs/as low as possible ALWAYS.

2 things to take note of for hitting properly:
1. boss hitbox is not exactly the same as the size of the boss (in terms of appearance)
2. bmb ex's extra ducks spawn from the top of the initial bomb

combining 1 and 2 together, 2 scenarios for aiming (with pictures for reference):
a) throw bomb at boss, big one explodes, small one forms and goes higher than boss hitbox, not doing dmg at all
b ) throw bomb at bottom of hitbox, explodes, small ducks still hit the hitbox

you can see below that scenario 1's mini ducks (small orange circle) does not collide with the boss, therefore no dmg. in scenario b, all will hit.
Posted Image
aiming things like dragon is easy, you can close your eyes and still get 8 hits. however, it is small targets that require this exact throw position to deal full hits. another reason why you wanna deal 8 hits is so that the initial 1st hit (dealing small dmg) applies the dmg debuff before the large hit applies.

mecha cannon has a similar projectile, and also you need to note that the projectile of mecha cannon behaves differently. i usually would aim at the bottom of boss hitbox for mecha cannon too.

feel free to ask anything about engineers. i'm confident i can answer most of your questions, and if not, i would get back to you asap on it.

Edited by Xenocho, 23 April 2017 - 02:19 AM.

#3 Kiyo

Kiyo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • SnowClove, Hallr
  • DN, Springwood
  • Jagare

Posted 23 April 2017 - 05:15 AM

View PostXenocho, on 23 April 2017 - 02:14 AM, said:

-snip

Eyy, thanks for the informative answer and all, sorry if I wasn't being specific enough.

Been playing GM for years alrd, so I do know the hitbox of BMB and where to aim it, my problem is it literally goes through these bosses hitboxes, so unless their hitboxes are not anywhere on their sprites, I'm p sure it's going through.

As you've shown with the scenarios, B's type of aimin is what I usually go to, but as of late, that's where the problem occurs. With A's scenario, it does hit them, but I'm also losing out on dps.

Mecha Cannon is a diff story, due to when the projectile explodes, the ducks don't spawn nor is there any damage, and no, it's not due to the boss killing them.

If no other GM has this prblm then perhaps it's just on my side (shame)

#4 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:06 AM

If you are saying somehow the bomb still goes through even if you throw at the bottom of the hit box, it is an unusual case as I had never faced that before. When I do scenario A, it does happen sometimes for smaller bosses like IDN Balapa. However if I do B, it always hits at least the main hit (usually in cases where the boss moves slightly, the smaller ducks will not get to deal full hits)

Btw I must add that throwing B scenario is exploding the bomb by hitting the floor, not the boss hitbox.

I stand corrected, Mecha Cannon's projectile can be cast on the boss like other usual skills.

Edited by Xenocho, 23 April 2017 - 11:58 AM.

#5 xandance

xandance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5306 posts
  • LeeSunny11/12/14/20
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:58 PM

this is a problem as well, it i know its about the hitbox of the monster/boss ( i hate it when my mecha cannon passes the boss and fly to outer space (mad) (mad) (T.T) )