• Members
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts
  • xDesKaelzx
  • DN, Springwood
  • Relinquish

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:28 PM

==== Introduction ====

Hi all, a quick intro about myself here, IGN as xDesKaelzx a.k.a Kaelz. I’m one of the mercenary class since 24 caps until today. To cut it short, I will be giving a general guideline All you need to know about Barbarian more on PVE and I’ve categorize them as follow:-</p>
  • Part 1: Skill Build (Pure PvE, Pure PvP &amp;amp;amp; Hyrbid)
  • Part 2: Gears/Accessories and Weapon
  • Part 3: Plates/Heraldry, Jades &amp;amp;amp; Talisman
  • Part 4: Understanding Skills and Best Combo.
For Any Interest you may join my Facebook Fan Page for Barbarian and others Gaming videos:
https://www.facebook...k.com/xKaelzx/

For those interest to keep up watching Livestream or Videos do check out my Youtube Channel:
Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube....OzB0b6cQ8pCX6Q

Livestream Channel:
https://gaming.youtu...OzB0b6cQ8pCX6Q

====Why Do I Make This Post ====

Barbarian is considered one of the least selected DPS/Burst class in DN SEA and there are not many left around. I know quite a few and they either quit or change job/class (But that’s their choice).

However, I’ve seen a lot of people asking me in-game and send pm/mail to seek for guidance. So here, my guideline is pretty straight forward: Giving my best advice of the class or those who interest to know.

Do take Your time and read it guys for Barb Lovers. It’s long but it will be useful giving you guys a clear idea. I hope will not cause any problems but a friendly help tips. Cheers

==== What You Need To Know ====

Point 1:
Spoiler

Point 2:
Spoiler

Point 3:
Spoiler

==== Part 1: Skill Build (Pure PvE, Pure PvP &amp;amp;amp; Hyrbid)====

Advice:
Spoiler

Pure PVE
Spoiler

Pure PVP
Spoiler

Hyrbrid (PvE + PvP)
Spoiler

Summary:
Spoiler

====Part 2: Gears, Accessories and Weapon====

Introduction
Spoiler

Armors and Weapon:
Class L: High End Players - L-Grade (Full Set)
Spoiler

Class U: Mid-End Player – Unique Grade (Full Set)
Spoiler

Class E: Budget Player – Epic Grade
Spoiler

Mixture Player – Mix of LUE
Spoiler

Accessories:
Spoiler

</p>
<p style="text-align: center"><span style="font-size: 18px;"><span style="color: #ff0000"><strong>====&amp;gt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt; </strong></span><span style="color: #008000"><strong>Part 3: Plates/Heraldry, Jades &amp;amp;amp; Talisman </strong></span><span style="color: #ff0000"><strong>&amp;lt;&amp;lt;&amp;lt;&amp;lt;====</strong></span></span></p>
<br />
<p><span style="color: #000080"><u><strong>Heraldry:</strong></u></span><br />
Spoiler
<br />
<br />
<span style="color: #000080"><u><strong>Jades:</strong></u></span><br />
Spoiler
<br />
<br />
<span style="color: #000080"><u><strong>Talisman:</strong></u></span><br />
Spoiler
<br />
<br />
<br />
</p>
<p style="text-align: center"><span style="font-size: 18px;"><span style="color: #ff0000"><strong>====&amp;gt; </strong></span><span style="color: #008000"><strong>Part 4: Understanding Skill and Best Rotation </strong></span><span style="color: #ff0000"><strong>&amp;lt;&amp;lt;&amp;lt;&amp;lt;====</strong></span></span></p>
<br />
<p><span style="color: #000080"><u><strong>Introduction:</strong></u></span><br />
Spoiler
</p>
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<p style="text-align: center"><span style="color: #ff0000"><span style="font-size: 18px;"><strong>====&amp;gt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt; Overall Feedback &amp;lt;&amp;lt;&amp;lt;&amp;lt;====</strong></span></span></p>
<br />
<p>I hope all these information can help you to understand barb and guiding you how to gear one. I was once like you only having rare and epic but spending so much time / energy to understand the class.<br />
<br />
These post will remain here as one of my sharing guide to help you all understand. Though we are not the top tier 1 or most selective class (applies to other classes), If you love the class, don&amp;#39;t give up and keep trying, one day you will succeed.<br />
<br />
Until then stay classy. \o/<br />
</p>
<p style="text-align: center"><span style="color: #ff0000"><span style="font-size: 24px;"><strong>===&amp;gt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt; </strong></span></span><span style="color: #000080"><span style="font-size: 24px;"><strong>Barb For Love, Merc For Life </strong></span></span><span style="color: #ff0000"><span style="font-size: 24px;"><strong>&amp;lt;&amp;lt;&amp;lt;===</strong></span></span></p>

Edited by mikaandshaz, 21 May 2017 - 11:42 AM.

#2 mikaandshaz

mikaandshaz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts
  • xDesKaelzx
  • DN, Springwood
  • Relinquish

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:28 PM

Reserved for Notes Update (;])

[25/04/2017] Patch v1.0
Release of Barbarian Guide - Intro & Part 1

[26/04/2017] Patch v2.0
Release of Barbarian Guide - Part 2: Weapon, Armor & Accessories
Release of Barbarian Guide - Part 3: Plate/Heraldry & Jades
Release of Barbarian Guide - Part 4: Understanding the Skills & Rotation
Added new screenshots

[27/04/2017] Patch v3.0
Added Talisman under Part 3: Plate/Heraldry, Jades & Talisman

Edited by mikaandshaz, 27 April 2017 - 06:10 PM.

#3 Kyoukasama

Kyoukasama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Wanryoku11, ShizueYuka
  • DN, Springwood
  • HeavenStars

Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:32 AM

A very comprehensive guide, like it. By the way could you give the damage skill details on the BTG test or while running in nest? Wanna see the order of skill dmg overall.

#4 mikaandshaz

mikaandshaz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts
  • xDesKaelzx
  • DN, Springwood
  • Relinquish

Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:03 PM

View PostKyoukasama, on 27 April 2017 - 12:32 AM, said:

A very comprehensive guide, like it. By the way could you give the damage skill details on the BTG test or while running in nest? Wanna see the order of skill dmg overall.

Sure but I'm currently still on overseas working and can't really give you an updated Damage Skill Details.

The only best you can watch from one of my BTG video: 50Bil DPS Test.

Posted Image

Nest or raid wise I will post once i'm back with a stable internet line if that's alright for you.

#5 TheXsabre

TheXsabre

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • TheXsabre/TheXlady
  • DN, Greenwood
  • KASKUS

Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:25 PM

Finally a fellow barbarian, been looking for up to date barbarian guide but found nothing due to low population of barbarian haha.
A very nice guide, i like it. I'm a decent geared barba with full IDN L (+12 weap, +10 others) and 3 genesis, currently full crit, 75k STR, 3 genesis (no earring, otw), 39% fd, 35% ele atk
some questions though:
1. which is better for plate skill, whirlwind dmg, stomp dmg, or dash kick cd? currently i'm using HH CD, WW dmg, stomp dmg, CS dmg. Since i look at the skill details, stomp is always on top bcos spammable rather than WW.
2. with your current FD, how much % FD you get with full bubble? 150% FD? or is it diminishing?
3. i would like to see your talisman and plate so i can compare it with mine, currently using a few plate w/str

Thank you very much (:])

#6 sngweiwei

sngweiwei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 446 posts
  • LiBrasta
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:26 PM

If you were to pick the cash skill plate, would you prefer Bone Crash +1 or Circle Swing +1

#7 mikaandshaz

mikaandshaz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts
  • xDesKaelzx
  • DN, Springwood
  • Relinquish

Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:04 PM

View PostTheXsabre, on 27 April 2017 - 12:25 PM, said:

Finally a fellow barbarian, been looking for up to date barbarian guide but found nothing due to low population of barbarian haha.
A very nice guide, i like it. I'm a decent geared barba with full IDN L (+12 weap, +10 others) and 3 genesis, currently full crit, 75k STR, 3 genesis (no earring, otw), 39% fd, 35% ele atk
some questions though:
1. which is better for plate skill, whirlwind dmg, stomp dmg, or dash kick cd? currently i'm using HH CD, WW dmg, stomp dmg, CS dmg. Since i look at the skill details, stomp is always on top bcos spammable rather than WW.
2. with your current FD, how much % FD you get with full bubble? 150% FD? or is it diminishing?
3. i would like to see your talisman and plate so i can compare it with mine, currently using a few plate w/str

Thank you very much (:])

Thanks bro but yea i cant really say much but fact is that my server i've see lesser and lesser barb xD

[Kaelz] U can refer to my Skill Heraldry and review my comments. But for Stomp i need to confirm that if the damage plate will effect stomp awakening, last time i tried it didnt effect. Unless there is a ninja patch (:&gt;)

[Kaelz] Its a full 100% with zero rage point, narh no diminishing, but once my gene earring is out on mid of May, will remove some FD and go for STR.

[Kaelz] Ooo god i forgot about talisman side, ok will need time to Update it ORZ (T.T)  thanks for reminding bro.

#8 mikaandshaz

mikaandshaz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts
  • xDesKaelzx
  • DN, Springwood
  • Relinquish

Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:05 PM

View Postsngweiwei, on 27 April 2017 - 12:26 PM, said:

If you were to pick the cash skill plate, would you prefer Bone Crash +1 or Circle Swing +1

Agree, I would take CS +1 myself (;])

#9 TheXsabre

TheXsabre

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • TheXsabre/TheXlady
  • DN, Greenwood
  • KASKUS

Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:24 PM

View Postmikaandshaz, on 27 April 2017 - 01:04 PM, said:

1. [Kaelz] U can refer to my Skill Heraldry and review my comments. But for Stomp i need to confirm that if the damage plate will effect stomp awakening, last time i tried it didnt effect. Unless there is a ninja patch (:&gt;)

2. [Kaelz] Its a full 100% with zero rage point, narh no diminishing, but once my gene earring is out on mid of May, will remove some FD and go for STR.

ah thank you for the info, didn't know about the plate skill doesn't affect stomp awakening.
so i guess it's better to not go full FD, but go stack STR after 50% above FD.
Alright, good to know, i have no money for FD plate kek.
Thanks a lot bro, hope i will catch up to your damage soon :)

#10 mikaandshaz

mikaandshaz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts
  • xDesKaelzx
  • DN, Springwood
  • Relinquish

Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:27 PM

View PostTheXsabre, on 27 April 2017 - 01:24 PM, said:

ah thank you for the info, didn't know about the plate skill doesn't affect stomp awakening.
so i guess it's better to not go full FD, but go stack STR after 50% above FD.
Alright, good to know, i have no money for FD plate kek.
Thanks a lot bro, hope i will catch up to your damage soon :)

Np, will do more testing. But yea, 50% is more than enough and with class mastery 1 = reached 100% as me and PikaPika tested its working fine in DN SEA and NA server.

So in short, do what you can and be happy with it

#11 Nindja

Nindja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Nindja/pika
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • ProjectX

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:32 PM

Cheers! That's very nice detailed guide for Barbs. It is indeed one of the underrated classes and fun to play, which I hope more people start to realise that.
Just wanted to add something, I'm sure SEA also have this ninja patch - the one where Destroyers receive FD buff on charging howl. There was a fix on plates such as WW to apply for frenzy version as well and stomp dmg increases. As for the Max FD, it looks like stacks with 50% mastery.
Made a casual testing for that to show:
Spoiler

Edited by Nindja, 27 April 2017 - 10:33 PM.

#12 mikaandshaz

mikaandshaz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts
  • xDesKaelzx
  • DN, Springwood
  • Relinquish

Posted 28 April 2017 - 02:36 PM

View PostNindja, on 27 April 2017 - 10:32 PM, said:

Cheers! That's very nice detailed guide for Barbs. It is indeed one of the underrated classes and fun to play, which I hope more people start to realise that.
Just wanted to add something, I'm sure SEA also have this ninja patch - the one where Destroyers receive FD buff on charging howl. There was a fix on plates such as WW to apply for frenzy version as well and stomp dmg increases. As for the Max FD, it looks like stacks with 50% mastery.
Made a casual testing for that to show:
Spoiler

Thanks Bro, well just seeing how DN nerf and buff Barbarian and others class off and on, guess we as core barb need to help them n guide them.

But yea the ninja patch, as much as I want to update, been traveling overseas work in Dubai for like 7 months, hard to catch up but doing my best. But the sudden major n agile patch for SEA causing a huge impact on my barbarian readiness in 8-man Core Nest.

Coming back to the ninja-patch, i do notice WW and stomp might effect our Awakening but during the making of barbarian guide - The Awakening, it just doesnt add up. But since you had shared this, i will test out and confirm is it true coz i've yet to seen any update patch about this, so in conclusion, ninja patch as you spoken.

But 1 question bro, i watched you video a lot and analyzing one crucial thing which i'm struggling off and on the entire time - Critical Rate.

I've notice you have 480K++ of Critical Rate while mine is 500K++ though we hit the critical cap but yet the chances of me trigger is pretty disaster. Mayb u can pin point out that problem, unless like back then pre-T5 barbarian, class master 1 suppose to give extra critical when BH, DZ or HH activated.

So any idea? Gladly to hear out from ya. Thanks

Edited by mikaandshaz, 28 April 2017 - 02:36 PM.

#13 Nindja

Nindja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Nindja/pika
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • ProjectX

Posted 29 April 2017 - 03:12 AM

You mean even tho you have max crt 89%, feel like not hitting even 50% of the time crit? The main problem comes from CS being 1hit, so you are like adding everything on that and if don't crit - rip dmg. The one must blame are Devs, because for some reason, they decided to make most new HC nest/raids with 40% critical resist, that's a huge nerf for burst classes with single hit. Barb buffs that increase critical are super useless for endgame players with even few part of IDN L gear on + high crit resist on nests makes it even worse.
Classes with critical resist buff eg: Soul Eater may help a bit.
Here you can find the worst content for Barb.
https://docs.google....ikng/edit#gid=0

#14 mikaandshaz

mikaandshaz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts
  • xDesKaelzx
  • DN, Springwood
  • Relinquish

Posted 29 April 2017 - 11:19 PM

View PostNindja, on 29 April 2017 - 03:12 AM, said:

You mean even tho you have max crt 89%, feel like not hitting even 50% of the time crit? The main problem comes from CS being 1hit, so you are like adding everything on that and if don't crit - rip dmg. The one must blame are Devs, because for some reason, they decided to make most new HC nest/raids with 40% critical resist, that's a huge nerf for burst classes with single hit. Barb buffs that increase critical are super useless for endgame players with even few part of IDN L gear on + high crit resist on nests makes it even worse.
Classes with critical resist buff eg: Soul Eater may help a bit.
https://docs.google....ikng/edit#gid=0

"You mean even tho you have max crt 89%, feel like not hitting even 50% of the time crit? The main problem comes from CS being 1hit, so you are like adding everything on that and if don't crit - rip dmg."
[Kaelz] Yup, I dont know about u but, if we all realize, every time, if we just slow down our dps, and do a U-CS, surely the chances of crit are like 40% success. I'm just thinking to what is ur idea to counter it, my only idea is.... keep my barb dps and make a guess that is a crit LOL... Such RNG

"The one must blame are Devs, because for some reason, they decided to make most new HC nest/raids with 40% critical resist, that's a huge nerf for burst classes with single hit. "
[Kaelz] Yup i was aware since 80 cap, even with the skill jades last time, i'm like hell if there isnt a SE, SM (Glad - FS Ex or ML - CS Ex) to give crit resistance.

"Barb buffs that increase critical are super useless for endgame players with even few part of IDN L gear on + high crit resist on nests makes it even worse."
[Kaelz] Agree, I never like it but again, to support all barbarian and Eyedentity idea's, we have to go along (tense)

"Classes with critical resist buff eg: Soul Eater may help a bit.

https://docs.google....ikng/edit#gid=0"
[Kaelz] Yup RUDN HC was a disaster, i went practice on my server before my Dubai work trip, is a pain in the ass. But most of the time, crit came out thanks to FS Ex from Glad.

Edited by mikaandshaz, 29 April 2017 - 11:19 PM.

#15 Nihilism

Nihilism

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 01 May 2017 - 05:15 PM

Haven't seen a decent guide for a while now
anyways Good job for a very helpful guide my fellow barb :V

#16 VinzLeo

VinzLeo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:20 AM

Hi, right now i'm a destro but i'm planning to change my class to barbarian. right now i'm using 5 armor engraving STR + VIT, should I change my armor engraving to STR + P.Atk ?

#17 mikaandshaz

mikaandshaz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts
  • xDesKaelzx
  • DN, Springwood
  • Relinquish

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:35 PM

View PostVinzLeo, on 18 May 2017 - 10:20 AM, said:

Hi, right now i'm a destro but i'm planning to change my class to barbarian. right now i'm using 5 armor engraving STR + VIT, should I change my armor engraving to STR + P.Atk ?

Its advise to go STR + PATK, but STR + VIT will do well also... for me, if you look at me Vit was something i less concentrate even though i know is one of the crucial stats we need, but if we can master, any HP (Not too low) which suits for the nest will work well for you.

#18 mikaandshaz

mikaandshaz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts
  • xDesKaelzx
  • DN, Springwood
  • Relinquish

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:58 PM

To update the page tonight, something screw up all my setting. Sorry for any inconvenient