22 replies to this topic

#1 Strifeweaver

Strifeweaver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:50 PM

I'm a returning player. Last patch I played was the 80 cap and would like to create an entirely new character mainly a Light Fury. As I understand, LFs are currently undervalued and underpowered right now. Regardless, I would still like to create one and I would appreciate it if anyone could give me a solid PVE-based build taking into account the most recent awakening patch.

#2 HolyBring

HolyBring

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • TTadashi
  • DN, Holywood
  • SeaOfFlame

Posted 27 April 2017 - 04:16 PM

https://dnskillsim.h...--0-00-----0--0

This is my current skill build. Dps is pretty decent.

Skill plates:
(Support)
Chakra Energy CD
Chakra Heal CD
Chakra Miracle CD
Sunshine Spark AS (Or if you want to stay in the air longer, Chakra Cure CD, I didn't take this since chakra cure cd is already reduced to 20 sec)

(Offense/Solo play)
Piercing Star Dmg
Outbreak Dmg
Ring Strike Dmg
Sunshine Spark AS

Dps Rotation:
Main:
Piercing Star x3> Outbreak > Right Click back dodge> Spacebar up dodge> Sunshine Spark > Chakra Grip > Spacebar up dodge > Ring Strike > Full Brightness > Repeat

Cast Summon Shadow and Unseen Art before outbreak whenever it is up, they have the same CD.

Edited by HolyBring, 27 April 2017 - 04:27 PM.

#3 Dirkheim

Dirkheim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Sallyheim
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 27 April 2017 - 04:48 PM

View PostHolyBring, on 27 April 2017 - 04:16 PM, said:

-shortened  

Do clones activate unseen art with their ourbreak/ring strike? Also, do they perform the EX versions of skills?
I'm a bit hesitant in dropping chakra ring for ms boost, although its uses are indeed a bit niche. (Trap zone in alteana nest for example).

#4 HolyBring

HolyBring

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • TTadashi
  • DN, Holywood
  • SeaOfFlame

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:06 PM

View PostDirkheim, on 27 April 2017 - 04:48 PM, said:

Do clones activate unseen art with their ourbreak/ring strike? Also, do they perform the EX versions of skills?
I'm a bit hesitant in dropping chakra ring for ms boost, although its uses are indeed a bit niche. (Trap zone in alteana nest for example).

Nope to 1) and Nope to 2).

Chakra Ring has... questionable uses... I almost don't use it at all pre awakening. You have to stand on the line to get the boost, it is not like wax where it gives u a buff when you are outside. But ya i agree it has its uses, if you go full support build I guess u can drop full brightness, outbreak, or piercing star for it.

This would be my take if you want Chakra Ring.

Full Brightness has linear scaling that doesn't jump at 16, I have no idea why...
I didn't reduce outbreak because I have a Weapon Costume that boosts it to lv 20.

Edited by HolyBring, 27 April 2017 - 05:30 PM.

#5 Dirkheim

Dirkheim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Sallyheim
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:19 PM

View PostHolyBring, on 27 April 2017 - 05:06 PM, said:

Chakra Ring has... questionable uses... I almost don't use it at all pre awakening. You have to stand on the line to get the boost, it is not like wax where it gives u a buff when you are outside. But ya i agree it has its uses, if you go full support build I guess u can drop full brightness, outbreak, or piercing star for it.

This would be my take if you want Chakra Ring.

Full Brightness has linear scaling that doesn't jump at 6/11/16.

Piercing star needs max level to be awakened, though.
Figured I'd just drop chakra ring too. It is too cumbersome (can't seem to even fit it during battle too) to use, unlike wax and cure relic. I do hope it gets a rework of some sorts sometime.

Edited by Dirkheim, 27 April 2017 - 05:21 PM.

#6 HolyBring

HolyBring

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • TTadashi
  • DN, Holywood
  • SeaOfFlame

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:27 PM

View PostDirkheim, on 27 April 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

Piercing star needs max level to be awakened, though.
Figured I'd just drop chakra ring too. It is too cumbersome (can't seem to even fit it during battle too) to use, unlike wax and cure relic. I do hope it gets a rework of some sorts sometime.

Oh right forgot about that lol. I tested Shadows dps, it is about the same dps as 1-2x piercing star/outbreak for the full duration, but if u pvp or go to heroes battle field, it helps in controlling. So it really depends on you if you want to do pure pve or pvp sometimes.

Or you can go full Light Fury Path with no shadows.

Edited by HolyBring, 27 April 2017 - 05:30 PM.

#7 Dirkheim

Dirkheim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Sallyheim
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:49 PM

View PostHolyBring, on 27 April 2017 - 05:27 PM, said:

Or you can go full Light Fury Path with no shadows.

That's what I currently have now. It is just chakra ring making me think of getting shadows, since the former has limited utility.
The added control and dps are nice bonuses however. Might seem to get better mileage than chakra ring.

#8 Strifeweaver

Strifeweaver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:54 PM

View PostHolyBring, on 27 April 2017 - 04:16 PM, said:

This is my current skill build. Dps is pretty decent.

Skill plates:
(Support)
Chakra Energy CD
Chakra Heal CD
Chakra Miracle CD
Sunshine Spark AS (Or if you want to stay in the air longer, Chakra Cure CD, I didn't take this since chakra cure cd is already reduced to 20 sec)

(Offense/Solo play)
Piercing Star Dmg
Outbreak Dmg
Ring Strike Dmg
Sunshine Spark AS

Dps Rotation:
Main:
Piercing Star x3> Outbreak > Right Click back dodge> Spacebar up dodge> Sunshine Spark > Chakra Grip > Spacebar up dodge > Ring Strike > Full Brightness > Repeat

Cast Summon Shadow and Unseen Art before outbreak whenever it is up, they have the same CD.

Some people say that the bunny is currently lackluster. Is it still worth investing in? And by following your build does it mean that I have to play the role of a full support?

#9 JimRiyo

JimRiyo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2202 posts
  • GW/WW/BW
  • HW/SW

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:17 PM

View PostStrifeweaver, on 27 April 2017 - 06:54 PM, said:

Some people say that the bunny is currently lackluster. Is it still worth investing in? And by following your build does it mean that I have to play the role of a full support?
The bunny has been reworked from a gradual 0.4% heal every 2 secs (total 10% heal in 50 secs) to a single burst 10% heal with 45 sec cd. I think it's still bad, but it's a good thing you don't have to spam that much anymore, plus it can potentially save someone now that it's a burst heal.

Probably an ok investment if and only if you plan on full support build. If not, you can spend the points to the AW tree instead

#10 HolyBring

HolyBring

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • TTadashi
  • DN, Holywood
  • SeaOfFlame

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:23 PM

View PostStrifeweaver, on 27 April 2017 - 06:54 PM, said:

Eh, bunny is a small burst heal right now, it wont heal a lot, but 10% saves lives. If you are an abyss walker thou its useless. On LF it is still a decent skill to have. Just use it when you see like ppl missing like 15-20% health. No need to save it unlike chakra miracle.

My build actually gets almost all the dps you can get without sacrificing any support skills (well except chakra ring). Unless you want line of darkness, but to go down there requires you to put outbreak at 1. I don't really find line of darkness all that great for a LF tbh.

LoD has a cd of 27 secs, outbreak has a cd of 6 secs. Lv 20 outbreak (with costume) has 2412% att (not adding light %) and lvl 13 LoD has 2x2701% att (not adding dark). Within the time you can cast 1 LoD you can cast 4-5x Outbreaks, and outbreaks trigger the 10% att and 30% light buff mastery, as well as Unseen Art (you can cast outbreak 2-3 times within 1 cast since it lasts 20 secs). So even if your elemental% is equal you light% will always be 30% higher than dark%.

#11 Strifeweaver

Strifeweaver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:04 PM

That makes sense. Though I'm a little skeptic on the new piercing star. I understand that it's an awakening skill now but how much of an improvement is it compared to it was before? And is the skill plate used for it replaceable by another skill?

#12 HolyBring

HolyBring

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • TTadashi
  • DN, Holywood
  • SeaOfFlame

Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:35 PM

View PostStrifeweaver, on 27 April 2017 - 09:04 PM, said:

That makes sense. Though I'm a little skeptic on the new piercing star. I understand that it's an awakening skill now but how much of an improvement is it compared to it was before? And is the skill plate used for it replaceable by another skill?

Piercing star now does 1884% att per star, stored up to 3 times CD. Huge improvement imo.
And on the another skill plate question... what other skill plate? There is like... nothing else to plate for dmg lol.

#13 Dirkheim

Dirkheim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Sallyheim
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:40 PM

^Also have an 8 second cooldown
Another point to consider is whether you would actually use elemental (dark/light) or destruction jades. Chakra miracle has a regen effect of 50% of your Patk.

#14 HolyBring

HolyBring

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • TTadashi
  • DN, Holywood
  • SeaOfFlame

Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:56 PM

I use destruct jades myself since the main role of lfs is still support. I do have light jades on the side thou.

#15 Dirkheim

Dirkheim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Sallyheim
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:09 PM

View PostJimRiyo, on 27 April 2017 - 07:17 PM, said:

Probably an ok investment if and only if you plan on full support build. If not, you can spend the points to the AW tree instead

Can you elaborate on why taking aw skills are still preferable? (crazy) You'd have to slot in dark jades to increase their output. LF seems to not run out of light skills to spam, so I doubt those aw skills would only be fillers, or used outside of rotation.

#16 JimRiyo

JimRiyo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2202 posts
  • GW/WW/BW
  • HW/SW

Posted 28 April 2017 - 02:23 AM

Yes I agree, but there are some who still don't prefer taking the rabbit. (srsly tho I can't find any reason to reject that burst 10% heal now (oo;)) The light tree will have max lvl skills already. So where to spend the 10 sp is the question. Jades to use will still be Light of course, given that you'll have enough Dark atk already from Costumes, Skill Rings, and Genesis Necklace. Or rather partly use Destruction Jades instead to boost your Chakra Miracle heal as the above posts suggest.

This skillbuild is what I think it would look like if you do go semi-support build. Rejecting both the rabbit and Chakra Ring and investing it into the AW tree. Considering LF's main dps skills have low cd, fitting the AW skills into your rotation will be up to you, considering you can easily spam only Plasma Burst after Quantum Trance. Also considering that most of LF's dps skills are melee range, you'd have to keep your distance at some point. That's where the 2 other AW skills come in, along with Piercing Star and Sunshine Spark.

Seriously IMO I think it's better off for LF to go full support considering you already have your main skills to spam like hell and deal decent dps, rather than trying too hard to outcarry your carries.

#17 Strifeweaver

Strifeweaver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 28 April 2017 - 06:57 AM

View PostHolyBring, on 27 April 2017 - 09:56 PM, said:

I use destruct jades myself since the main role of lfs is still support. I do have light jades on the side thou.

View PostJimRiyo, on 28 April 2017 - 02:23 AM, said:

Yes I agree, but there are some who still don't prefer taking the rabbit. (srsly tho I can't find any reason to reject that burst 10% heal now (oo;)) The light tree will have max lvl skills already. So where to spend the 10 sp is the question. Jades to use will still be Light of course, given that you'll have enough Dark atk already from Costumes, Skill Rings, and Genesis Necklace. Or rather partly use Destruction Jades instead to boost your Chakra Miracle heal as the above posts suggest.

This skillbuild is what I think it would look like if you do go semi-support build. Rejecting both the rabbit and Chakra Ring and investing it into the AW tree. Considering LF's main dps skills have low cd, fitting the AW skills into your rotation will be up to you, considering you can easily spam only Plasma Burst after Quantum Trance. Also considering that most of LF's dps skills are melee range, you'd have to keep your distance at some point. That's where the 2 other AW skills come in, along with Piercing Star and Sunshine Spark.

Seriously IMO I think it's better off for LF to go full support considering you already have your main skills to spam like hell and deal decent dps, rather than trying too hard to outcarry your carries.

If I were to use a combination of light and destruction jades, how many of each should I be using? And if I choose to go with skill accessories, which skills should I opt to boost?

#18 HolyBring

HolyBring

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • TTadashi
  • DN, Holywood
  • SeaOfFlame

Posted 28 April 2017 - 01:22 PM

View PostStrifeweaver, on 28 April 2017 - 06:57 AM, said:

If I were to use a combination of light and destruction jades, how many of each should I be using? And if I choose to go with skill accessories, which skills should I opt to boost?

Its not advisable to do mixed, either all light or all destruct. But if u stack too much light it gets diminished returns, best not go go over 100%.

Skill accessories, which ones, the lvl 93 ones or the lvl 90 ones.

For lvl 90s:
Neck: Shadow Hand (Only Option, just get a str/agi version depending on which 1 u stack, just a reminder you can't use chaser skill access)
Earrings: Chakra Illusion (Nothing good here either, chakra illusion is meh..., up to you if you want to get it, but a wind/bear neck is much cheaper)
Rings: Ring Strike and Sunshine Spark are the obvious choices, get patt/light% versions

For lvl 93s:
Neck: Outbreak (You can get night explosion if you already have the cos thou, same as above for stats)
Earrings Sunshine Spark (same as above for stats)
Rings: Ring Strike and Chakra Illusion (Unless you go down the LoD path, then Ring Strike and LoD, same stats as above)

Edited by HolyBring, 28 April 2017 - 01:22 PM.

#19 Strifeweaver

Strifeweaver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 04 May 2017 - 04:34 PM

Would it be a bad idea to pursue destruction jades over light jades?
As I understand LF's heal now scales with physical damage now, is that correct?

Also, how does your skill rotation go? Given that the focus is mainly on the light side of the skill tree.

#20 Dirkheim

Dirkheim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Sallyheim
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 04 May 2017 - 05:45 PM

View PostStrifeweaver, on 04 May 2017 - 04:34 PM, said:

Would it be a bad idea to pursue destruction jades over light jades?
As I understand LF's heal now scales with physical damage now, is that correct?

Also, how does your skill rotation go? Given that the focus is mainly on the light side of the skill tree.

Not really. LF's main role is still to support, dishing out DPS is only secondary. Use destruction jades if you feel you need more healing power.
HolyBring posted a good rotation in his earlier posts up there. It's what I use too, tbh.