NoobMaster75

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • ImNoob
  • DN, Holywood
  • ImReallyFriggingNoob

Posted 28 April 2017 - 11:00 AM

Anyone having fun with Abyss Walker? Because I am! So...does anyone know how much is the gap between the dps of Raven, Ripper and Abyss Walker? Because I think AW got more dps now or I might just be dreaming :)

#2 Nihilum

Nihilum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Nihilum
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 28 April 2017 - 02:20 PM

this is my comparison for aw and raven both i reduce my patk to 77k with 33% dark attribut and 46% crit both same the only differ is my raven have 38% fd while my aw have 3%:

http://imgur.com/a/4XmDb

#3 Limbo

Limbo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 08:20 PM

View PostNihilum, on 28 April 2017 - 02:20 PM, said:

this is my comparison for aw and raven both i reduce my patk to 77k with 33% dark attribut and 46% crit both same the only differ is my raven have 38% fd while my aw have 3%:

http://imgur.com/a/4XmDb

so AW got more dps than raven?

what are the pros and cons of AW and raven?

Edited by Limbo, 28 April 2017 - 08:25 PM.

#4 Nihilum

Nihilum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Nihilum
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 28 April 2017 - 08:35 PM

Simple: abyss walker with dark conviction available in his rotation... then abyss walker win in term of dmg... but if abyss walker's dark conviction is down then raven have higher dps if crow storm is used... if not then different from aw dps and raven is not much(aw without dark conviction while raven without crow storm)

#5 Limbo

Limbo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 08:53 PM

View PostNihilum, on 28 April 2017 - 08:35 PM, said:

Simple: abyss walker with dark conviction available in his rotation... then abyss walker win in term of dmg... but if abyss walker's dark conviction is down then raven have higher dps if crow storm is used... if not then different from aw dps and raven is not much(aw without dark conviction while raven without crow storm)

so they are quite the same dps if used properly. i wonder if you know what to spam from raven. Crowstorm or Guillotine Cross?
well raven is quite difficult now in his rotation because of his awakening.

#6 Nihilum

Nihilum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Nihilum
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:29 PM

Under ripper ult go for crow storm since its shortened the animation... most of the time u will use guillotine... due to it only need 7 steal... for this test first rotation i use guillotine and second steal i use crow storm as finisher due to the nuke potential.. thus make it quite bursty...

#7 Nihilum

Nihilum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Nihilum
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:40 PM

On a side note aw only need 1 rotation to make golem hp from 100% tp 72% while raven need 2 rotation

#8 Limbo

Limbo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 01:43 AM

View PostNihilum, on 28 April 2017 - 09:40 PM, said:

On a side note aw only need 1 rotation to make golem hp from 100% tp 72% while raven need 2 rotation

enlighten me. does ripper still a good dps class? or outdps-ed by all other assassin class?
i think i wanna change class raven to ????
because ravens awakening makin me slow and confused. his gameplay change a lot.
so if i change job. which one do you suggest? ripper or AW? no bias.

#9 Nihilum

Nihilum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Nihilum
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 29 April 2017 - 06:45 AM

View PostLimbo, on 29 April 2017 - 01:43 AM, said:

enlighten me. does ripper still a good dps class? or outdps-ed by all other assassin class?
i think i wanna change class raven to ????
because ravens awakening makin me slow and confused. his gameplay change a lot.
so if i change job. which one do you suggest? ripper or AW? no bias.
i never did any ripper btg test since i do not have em.. i already ask my friend who owns a ripper to test dps in btg with the same setup i used but currently he still didn't test it up yet but from what i heard atleast from other ppl... Ripper is superior to raven in terms of dps

#10 Limbo

Limbo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 12:35 PM

View PostNihilum, on 29 April 2017 - 06:45 AM, said:

i never did any ripper btg test since i do not have em.. i already ask my friend who owns a ripper to test dps in btg with the same setup i used but currently he still didn't test it up yet but from what i heard atleast from other ppl... Ripper is superior to raven in terms of dps

so AW is superior to ripper in terms of dps? or still depends on how aggressive the player in fighting boss.?

#11 Nihilum

Nihilum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Nihilum
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 29 April 2017 - 01:56 PM

View PostLimbo, on 29 April 2017 - 12:35 PM, said:

so AW is superior to ripper in terms of dps? or still depends on how aggressive the player in fighting boss.?
not really..... none of the assassin class can challenge abyss walker every 60 second in terms of dps and dmg due to the fact that aw can nuke enemy with dark conviction rotation.... but if dark conviction is on cd then raven out dps aw but not by big margin,,,, and ripper will out dps raven and aw since ripper doesnt need to collect steal nor he have to wait 60 second...
i like the new aw since u can transform into illusion but tbh the fact that u have to wait every 60 second to nuke its pretty kill joy....if only dark conviction have mechanic like crippling punisher which if dark attribute atk hit enemy successfully cd for dark conviction will reduce by 1 second or something.... if they make it like that then aw will be the most strongest class out of assassin path....
TL;DR
raven = strong dps but need to collect steal which is on moving target its pretty much pain in the ass and take awhile
ripper = strong dps under crippling punisher due to his ashes spawn doesnt need any single shiet to dish out dmg since almost all of ripper skill can be spammed and crippling punisher will reduce cd for 1 second and 3 second for fire attribute atk and burning coal.
abyss walker = a huge nuker and a good dps... but if he have dark conviction up then he will just nuke the boss if ure strong enough it is enough to take 1.5x > 2x bar boss health.... but it's only every 60 second and if ure fished ur combo when u use ur dark conviction ex: night explosion down or boss hit ur ass and u fall down or something or u got freeze states then that nuke will be waste

out of 3 dps class for assassin ripper is the most balanced.... doesnt need to wait for anything strong dps all time if u use correctly but need to know how to dodge boss atk properly or ure fished

#12 Limbo

Limbo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 02:09 PM

View PostNihilum, on 29 April 2017 - 01:56 PM, said:

not really..... none of the assassin class can challenge abyss walker every 60 second in terms of dps and dmg due to the fact that aw can nuke enemy with dark conviction rotation.... but if dark conviction is on cd then raven out dps aw but not by big margin,,,, and ripper will out dps raven and aw since ripper doesnt need to collect steal nor he have to wait 60 second...
i like the new aw since u can transform into illusion but tbh the fact that u have to wait every 60 second to nuke its pretty kill joy....if only dark conviction have mechanic like crippling punisher which if dark attribute atk hit enemy successfully cd for dark conviction will reduce by 1 second or something.... if they make it like that then aw will be the most strongest class out of assassin path....
TL;DR
raven = strong dps but need to collect steal which is on moving target its pretty much pain in the ass and take awhile
ripper = strong dps under crippling punisher due to his ashes spawn doesnt need any single shiet to dish out dmg since almost all of ripper skill can be spammed and crippling punisher will reduce cd for 1 second and 3 second for fire attribute atk and burning coal.
abyss walker = a huge nuker and a good dps... but if he have dark conviction up then he will just nuke the boss if ure strong enough it is enough to take 1.5x > 2x bar boss health.... but it's only every 60 second and if ure fished ur combo when u use ur dark conviction ex: night explosion down or boss hit ur ass and u fall down or something or u got freeze states then that nuke will be waste

out of 3 dps class for assassin ripper is the most balanced.... doesnt need to wait for anything strong dps all time if u use correctly but need to know how to dodge boss atk properly or ure fished
oh i see. thanks to that.
can you share your AW skill build and plates?

Edited by Limbo, 29 April 2017 - 02:09 PM.

#13 NoobMaster75

NoobMaster75

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • ImNoob
  • DN, Holywood
  • ImReallyFriggingNoob

Posted 29 April 2017 - 08:18 PM

I changed my job from Ripper to AW...mainly because I don't like the new ripper's active skills and that illusion step bonus which I am not comfortable in using with. I went to AW because it nukes the crap out of enemies and I can still use my 15% heal while having a 98% dps build. 2% is the heals and meow meow.

P.S. I hope Abyss Walker doesn't get nerfed forever...

Edited by NoobMaster75, 01 May 2017 - 12:37 AM.

#14 leonti0027

leonti0027

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 11:01 PM

Hell yeah im enjoying my AW.
Im kinda getting used to the great loss of 3x LOD because the other new skills make up for it.
I think this class if the most fun and versatile among assasins:
So many fun skills with different mechanics to choose from instead of just whacking mobs with the same kunais, chain or punch skills.

#15 NoobMaster75

NoobMaster75

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • ImNoob
  • DN, Holywood
  • ImReallyFriggingNoob

Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:29 PM

But I'm sad actually in a way that many people are bandwaggoning Abyss Walker again....

#16 Bumper

Bumper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 02:09 PM

View PostNoobMaster75, on 04 May 2017 - 08:29 PM, said:

But I'm sad actually in a way that many people are bandwaggoning Abyss Walker again....
The irony.

#17 NoobMaster75

NoobMaster75

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • ImNoob
  • DN, Holywood
  • ImReallyFriggingNoob

Posted 05 May 2017 - 07:48 PM

View PostBumper, on 05 May 2017 - 02:09 PM, said:

The irony.
I just changed to AW because its active skills look cooler. Everything is an eye candy for me especially the Dark conviction awk. Dem nuke so sweet~

Well in my original account I already have abysswalker as my very first one, a ripper and a raven...but I tried to quit and deleted them all :< so I'm stuck with one assassin that needs payment in case I want to change my pace.

P.S. Now, now, let's make this thread "argument free" and "salt free" Good day~

P.P.S. One of my very first post as an Abysswalker main since 2015: http://forum.cherryc...er-should-have/

Edited by NoobMaster75, 05 May 2017 - 08:03 PM.

#18 BlazingSkies

BlazingSkies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1291 posts
  • Blazenblue
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Hegemony (Springwood-Original)

Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:14 AM

I also changed my raven into AW, because I find it easy to use AW than Raven as what others also had mentioned on the previous posts.

FYI: If you have around 10 lv 90+ chars. You can take the 10% ulti cool down from the combined skill so that AW's Dark conviction cd is reduced to 54 sec.