• PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • lVloDxDz
  • DN, Springwood
  • VGM / Neverland

Posted 01 May 2017 - 11:39 AM

Hi ,

anyone facing the same issue with me?
Shooting Star's Splash is bugged, when I splash it in IDN Outer 4 Gizzy, it take no damage, even I keep spamming that skill still no damage.

#2 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 01 May 2017 - 11:56 AM

View PostlVloDxDz, on 01 May 2017 - 11:39 AM, said:

Hi ,

anyone facing the same issue with me?
Shooting Star's Splash is bugged, when I splash it in IDN Outer 4 Gizzy, it take no damage, even I keep spamming that skill still no damage.
Sometimes the boss hitbox is weird, so the splash just bypass it. It happens for the balls/wisp in S2 and S3 IDN too

#3 lVloDxDz

lVloDxDz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • lVloDxDz
  • DN, Springwood
  • VGM / Neverland

Posted 01 May 2017 - 01:32 PM

View PostXenocho, on 01 May 2017 - 11:56 AM, said:

Sometimes the boss hitbox is weird, so the splash just bypass it. It happens for the balls/wisp in S2 and S3 IDN too

so is it consider bug ? should report to developer look into it lol.

#4 ChellyChi

ChellyChi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1261 posts
  • CheIIy \ Espringale
  • DN, Springwood
  • VongolaVN

Posted 01 May 2017 - 08:51 PM

Not just splash, demo too. I cant seem to land full hits in rudn too.
Only 40combo for demo at stage 2 ~.~

#5 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 02 May 2017 - 11:37 AM

I don't think its necessarily a bug. It could be the small hitbox of boss vs wide aoe of splash/demolition. demolition in particular has the issue that if you are too near the boss, you will not get hits/miss few hits because the bullets just bypass/does not collide with the hitbox to deal damage. at the mean time you also need to stay near the boss because the range severely reduces the efficiency of demolition.

An example can be like below, where you are too near so not all the bullets don't hit the boss but rather start inside them, so they do not collide with the "shell" of the boss.
Posted Image

While I cannot confirm that Splash explicitly works this way since you CAN get full hits by standing inside the mob and deal 18 hits (like in HBF), I sometimes get hits when I stand outside the Wisp vs standing inside the wisp which I often deal no damage.

Just a thought. Feel free to report to the bug section regardless but remember that you need to include video/screenshot evidence.

#6 lVloDxDz

lVloDxDz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • lVloDxDz
  • DN, Springwood
  • VGM / Neverland

Posted 04 May 2017 - 09:43 AM

View PostChellyChi, on 01 May 2017 - 08:51 PM, said:

Not just splash, demo too. I cant seem to land full hits in rudn too.
Only 40combo for demo at stage 2 ~.~

They should fix it lol, it's unfair to us D:

#7 lVloDxDz

lVloDxDz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • lVloDxDz
  • DN, Springwood
  • VGM / Neverland

Posted 04 May 2017 - 09:44 AM

View PostXenocho, on 02 May 2017 - 11:37 AM, said:

I don't think its necessarily a bug. It could be the small hitbox of boss vs wide aoe of splash/demolition. demolition in particular has the issue that if you are too near the boss, you will not get hits/miss few hits because the bullets just bypass/does not collide with the hitbox to deal damage. at the mean time you also need to stay near the boss because the range severely reduces the efficiency of demolition.

An example can be like below, where you are too near so not all the bullets don't hit the boss but rather start inside them, so they do not collide with the "shell" of the boss.
Posted Image

While I cannot confirm that Splash explicitly works this way since you CAN get full hits by standing inside the mob and deal 18 hits (like in HBF), I sometimes get hits when I stand outside the Wisp vs standing inside the wisp which I often deal no damage.

Just a thought. Feel free to report to the bug section regardless but remember that you need to include video/screenshot evidence.

Wew, logically it should works

Edited by lVloDxDz, 04 May 2017 - 09:45 AM.

#8 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 04 May 2017 - 09:54 AM

The link skill in 95 appears to make Splash shoot in a smaller cone, which should help a lot. The problem with newer caps versus older is that most bosses become smaller, preventing full damage from most of the SS skills.