26 replies to this topic

#1 Honrou

Honrou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 05:13 PM

Hi,

As the title suggest and it happened only today. I was playing normally when I abandoned a quest after a cutscene froze, but cutscene freezing is usual due to my old pc. Already reinstalled thrice with the latest client version. Tried replacing the GPKitClt.dll as per another thread. I'm lost :(
edit: I tried clearing every registry with connection to DN and Cherry for clean installation but nothing. by the way, on the log in screen when it shows Mamon then the crash error, the music is still playing, not sure if that will help.

'15:51:25' DragonNest Start
'15:51:25' Service Setup PreInitialize Start
'15:51:27' Service Setup PreInitialize End
'15:52:25' Login Loading End

'15:51:30' Start CheckResource
'15:51:30' Not Find CheckFile.ini
'15:51:37' End CheckResource

Edited by Honrou, 02 May 2017 - 08:54 AM.

#2 Verbena

Verbena

• 1010 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 01:28 PM

How old is your pc exatly, can you post your specs?

#3 Honrou

Honrou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:13 AM

7 years and counting, its old but was doing fine until the crash.

SPECS: Windows 7 Professional 32-bit, 2.00 GB RAM, Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Also, Seems i have the same problem as some threads with "can't log in" subjects. Would only load until the opening AVI then crash.

#4 decaplin16

decaplin16

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:48 AM

I also have the same problem, tried re-installing the game.. but it keeps crashing on the login screen.
Client stopped working.. My launcher version is 233

#5 Verbena

Verbena

• 1010 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 05:07 AM

View PostHonrou, on 05 May 2017 - 08:13 AM, said:

7 years and counting, its old but was doing fine until the crash.

SPECS: Windows 7 Professional 32-bit, 2.00 GB RAM, Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Also, Seems i have the same problem as some threads with "can't log in" subjects. Would only load until the opening AVI then crash.

The minimum requiriment states 4 GB Ram. I'm afraid I can't proceed if you don't at least meet that.

#6 Honrou

Honrou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 09:45 AM

View PostVerbena, on 06 May 2017 - 05:07 AM, said:

The minimum requiriment states 4 GB Ram. I'm afraid I can't proceed if you don't at least meet that.

If you can't help me because of my 2GB RAM, the same computer i've been playing with since 2015 with no problem until this, at least please assist majorbacon's thread since we have the same issue and did the same thing to no effect as there's a tiny chance that his resolution would also solve mine.

Edited by Honrou, 06 May 2017 - 09:58 AM.

#7 DuskNite

DuskNite

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 01:00 PM

This problem exists for quite alot of people. Please help us and give a fix.

And before you ask, yes I have 8GB ram, and I'm getting the problem.

#8 DyingKid

DyingKid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 09:27 PM

i sugggest u increase ur ram memory bro.Other than that, maybe usual troubleshooting..:
uhmmm...
run DN launcher as admin
exclude dn game exe file on antivirus, firewall, defender, etc
flush dns
create .dmp file on dn folder in documents dir
in-game in system settings try make quality> normal

uhmmm i dont know what else to think bro..dont worry i also got almost the same problem as yours an still havent resolve it

#9 Garyen

Garyen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 10:38 PM

file:///C:/Users/Tom/Desktop/dragon%20nest%20error.JPGI am also facing login error after the animation every time.
it says
"You have encountered an error in Dragon Nest, and the game must be closed.
We appologize for the inconvenience.

Please send the error report to increase the standard of Dragon Nest.

The report will be kept confidential.

Your personal information will not be included."

Does anyone face the same issue and how to solve it?
The game was alright yesterday night and start having this problem today.

#10 Honrou

Honrou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 01:12 AM

View PostDyingKid, on 06 May 2017 - 09:27 PM, said:

i sugggest u increase ur ram memory bro.Other than that, maybe usual troubleshooting..:
uhmmm...
run DN launcher as admin
exclude dn game exe file on antivirus, firewall, defender, etc
flush dns
create .dmp file on dn folder in documents dir
in-game in system settings try make quality> normal

uhmmm i dont know what else to think bro..dont worry i also got almost the same problem as yours an still havent resolve it

I actually did almost everything i saw within this forum, the dns flush, the  AntiVirus/Firewall exclusion, the redownload, the reinstallment, the GPKit, the admin, the windows xp service 2, the regedit and everything in my ingame setting is low so that 2GB RAM was surviving with me. RAM increase is the only thing i cant do for now, since i'm saving up for a full PC upgrade. I am really not fully convinced this is fully my PC's fault, maybe some but not all, i literally just finished a quest and abandoned another when I got kicked out of the game. Then Mamon (thisisherfault) wont let me back in.  I wont be able to save up for a minimum req pc till another half a year since house duties you know. So I am losing a lot of hope (sob) (sob) (sob) (sob) (sob) (sob) (sob) (sob)

#11 axzhur

axzhur

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 06:13 PM

Having the same problem. No, don't ask about my PC. it's over 5months only and is a kickass one. Need help. thanks.

Posted Image

#12 axzhur

axzhur

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 09:59 AM

hmm. no support?

#13 charredin

charredin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • charredh
  • DN, Holywood
  • im a free man

Posted 14 May 2017 - 11:09 AM

same issue here, im pretty sure 16gb RAM is more than enough to run this game ;; i could play normally 2 days ago then kabam i can't even get past the login screen this morning

Edited by charredin, 14 May 2017 - 11:11 AM.

#14 Yoh

Yoh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 350 posts
  • DN, Holywood
  • HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Posted 14 May 2017 - 09:08 PM

I've this problem aswell, unfortunately
PC isnt garbage, either
(can play other clients too)

#15 Ahkizu

Ahkizu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • GrayYui
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 15 May 2017 - 04:06 PM

Same problem too, already tried allowing the DragonNest.exe into my antivirus and firewall, re downloading gpk, removing all DN related registry then reinstalling the game. Still doesn't work...i have 6GB RAM btw

#16 axzhur

axzhur

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:14 PM

Posted Image

still no help? hmm.

#17 Honrou

Honrou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 01:22 PM

Any one who successfully got out of this error? Adding that my directx is up to date so that is not for me.

Any mods here? Has this error been raised at all. Even if you exclude me, tech issue forum is being flooded with this type error. And by going through this thread and the others, these seems random hitting?

#18 HijiMuto

HijiMuto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 27 May 2017 - 11:51 PM

Hi i'm having the same problem here, I already reinstall, change the compatibility and run in administrator mode, without success, anyone help me please

PC specs:
- Intel i5 - 6200U
- 8GB ram
- Nvidia geforce 940M
- 1TB HD

#19 MyCheeseCake

MyCheeseCake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • OokamiSan
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 28 May 2017 - 02:16 AM

EDIT: I've found a FIX to my problem. As user Ahkizu mentioned on page two, simply exclude your Dragon Nest folder in your Antivirus program and you should be able to get pass the login screen. (cool) I'm using Avast Free Antivirus by the way.

Here's a step by step guide for excluding your Dragon Nest folder in Avast:
1. Bring up the Avast user interface by clicking on the Avast icon in the system tray (the bottom right area beside the clock).
2. In the user interface, click the 'settings' button on the bottom left.
3. In the 'General' tab, find a section called 'Exclusions' and expand it by clicking on it.
4. Under the 'File paths' tab, click the 'browse' button and select your Dragon Nest folder.
5. Click 'Add', then remember to click the green 'OK' button on the bottom right.
6. DONE

Original Post:
I'm having the same issue. Game crashes upon reaching the login screen, and popup asks me to send an error report (I did BTW). Here's a copy of my DxDiag.txt just in case you need it.

I hope this gets fixed soon. (tense)

Edited by MyCheeseCake, 31 May 2017 - 08:47 PM.

#20 krayons20

krayons20

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 06:37 AM

I crash as well at the log in screen. It just says Dragon Nest has stopped working. I tried uninstalling it but it doesn' work
No problem with my specs I used to play this game like a year ago using the same computer. I'm play at windows 10. Help please ty