• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 xCrowdControl

xCrowdControl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 10:16 AM

so is it worth it, that i'll change may raven into AW? I struggle too much on raven awakening btw. need opinions

#2 DyingKid

DyingKid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 11:35 AM

its not about the numbers, its all about your fingers that matters

#3 DyingKid

DyingKid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 11:38 AM

if u dont kow what i mean, well its not about the numbers u saw on its damage. its about what class and play style that ur fingers love

#4 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3234 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 03 May 2017 - 11:43 AM

View PostDyingKid, on 03 May 2017 - 11:38 AM, said:

if u dont kow what i mean, well its not about the numbers u saw on its damage. its about what class and play style that ur fingers love

Some class need to press 5 buttons to deal the damage of a class that press 1 button. The answers TS is looking for is whether AW's playstyle involves a lot of button mashing as well as the damage comparison to a Raven's. It's really a simple question of Raven vs AW - playstyle and damage comparison.

I do not play both to be able to comment but I have to chip in considering his question was misunderstood..

#5 xEquation

xEquation

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5827 posts
  • PepperPoke | EonKreuz
  • DN, Holywood
  • Phyrexians | Treadstone

Posted 03 May 2017 - 01:49 PM

Some ppl might find raven awakening too hard/tiring due to the amount of spam needed to gather bubbles

#6 ReyZha7

ReyZha7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts
  • ReyZha7
  • DN, Holywood
  • Skullers

Posted 03 May 2017 - 02:38 PM

View PostxEquation, on 03 May 2017 - 01:49 PM, said:

Some ppl might find raven awakening too hard/tiring due to the amount of spam needed to gather bubbles
^this (one)
i even forgot to use The End and Rain Drop, cz busy gathering bubbles, but in damage comparison both are good,
Choose AW if you want to play simpler than Raven,
tho i always forgot that Illusion Strike can move right or left for extra damage and LoD can go back with right click (sweat)

#7 xCrowdControl

xCrowdControl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 03:44 PM

View PostxEquation, on 03 May 2017 - 01:49 PM, said:

That's exactly the problem @@. still afraid to go to AW, it might be nerfed again. @@

#8 xCrowdControl

xCrowdControl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 03:45 PM

View PostReyZha7, on 03 May 2017 - 02:38 PM, said:

^this (one)
i even forgot to use The End and Rain Drop, cz busy gathering bubbles, but in damage comparison both are good,
Choose AW if you want to play simpler than Raven,
tho i always forgot that Illusion Strike can move right or left for extra damage and LoD can go back with right click (sweat)

indeed, and btw, i noticed on raven, they cast their skill way toooo slow due to that extra chains, unlike before awakening.

#9 xEquation

xEquation

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5827 posts
  • PepperPoke | EonKreuz
  • DN, Holywood
  • Phyrexians | Treadstone

Posted 03 May 2017 - 04:55 PM

View PostxCrowdControl, on 03 May 2017 - 03:45 PM, said:

indeed, and btw, i noticed on raven, they cast their skill way toooo slow due to that extra chains, unlike before awakening.

well its situational, if u needed to dodge u can choose not to press left click after the chain skills. the only downside is u lose a bit of dmg and bubbles

#10 okinoel

okinoel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 05:54 PM

I play both and personally, i think AW is a lot more enjoyable and it is easier to pull off damage
without being too conscious about collecting bubbles or something.

Im always watching over the bubble meter and obsessed with filling it up which messes playstyle lol.
Also, i think spamming chains and throwing extra kunais gets boring quickly. (raven is still pretty fun tho :D)

Go for AW.
Let go of the crows and get yourself a cat. (love)

#11 Limbo

Limbo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 08:01 PM

well as i observe. AW deals more DPS.
i make AW i love his playstyle and his DARK CONVICTION awakening
i have a RAVEN ( struggling too much on his awakening ) switch to RIPPER :) jajajaja
well i guess its all about how much dps and being aggressive you are in fighting boss.
and familiarity of your class in doin nest.
i dont like RAVEN after awakening. i like more RIPPER due to his CRIPPLING PUNISHER awakening.
and his two new kick skill. hahaha
well i hope i made a good choice in switching raven to ripper and making a AW.

Edited by Limbo, 03 May 2017 - 08:05 PM.

#12 DyingKid

DyingKid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 08:29 PM

View PostLimbo, on 03 May 2017 - 08:01 PM, said:

well as i observe. AW deals more DPS.
i make AW i love his playstyle and his DARK CONVICTION awakening
i have a RAVEN ( struggling too much on his awakening ) switch to RIPPER :) jajajaja
well i guess its all about how much dps and being aggressive you are in fighting boss.
and familiarity of your class in doin nest.
i dont like RAVEN after awakening. i like more RIPPER due to his CRIPPLING PUNISHER awakening.
and his two new kick skill. hahaha
well i hope i made a good choice in switching raven to ripper and making a AW.
(T.T) (T.T) (T.T)
I love raven. I invested on it. so much time we spent together. so much happy moments we share together. After awakening, i notice he cant even full the bubbles in the whole duration of dq, i cried the whole day. i love him but now its time we part. Till we meet again.. maybe on your next revamp. Go to sleep now. Your dress will be taken care of with my ripper. bye raven.. (T.T) (T.T) (T.T) (T.T)

#13 Limbo

Limbo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 08:50 PM

View PostDyingKid, on 03 May 2017 - 08:29 PM, said:

(T.T) (T.T) (T.T)
I love raven. I invested on it. so much time we spent together. so much happy moments we share together. After awakening, i notice he cant even full the bubbles in the whole duration of dq, i cried the whole day. i love him but now its time we part. Till we meet again.. maybe on your next revamp. Go to sleep now. Your dress will be taken care of with my ripper. bye raven.. (T.T) (T.T) (T.T) (T.T)

i put my blood and sweat training raven
rain or shine we do nest and farm
we are so familiar to each other (;])
awakening comes
i notice i cant play good. confused. and having hard time gaining bubbles. sometime i forgot to use some skills.
and i say goodbye (T.T)
its time for you to sleep my sweet raven. and its time to awaken the ripper.
if we are destined then we will meet again raven. bye (sob)

#14 Reizelle

Reizelle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Some Random Inquisitor
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 03 May 2017 - 09:28 PM

I suggest you try creating DWC characters. Although it's for PVP (assuming that you're mostly a PVE player), you can get a feel for both characters and compare them in some ways.

#15 sherwinnn

sherwinnn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:40 AM

View PostDyingKid, on 03 May 2017 - 08:29 PM, said:

(T.T) (T.T) (T.T)

so much emotion. i can feel you