• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mochacinn0

mochacinn0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 11:08 AM

Hi, I'm a returning player from 90 cap, i have a ruina from greenwood. I need help in getting back to the game. I know I have to go level my char but I have no idea what to do after nests and and getting the cap equips from those nests. I quit DN because of this and i don't want to repeat it. any suggestions? i really want to do my first raid but i always got turned down because my gears suck.

#2 Nihilism

Nihilism

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:35 PM

I suggest u join a guild (usually depends though) a number of guilds do an event based on gp contrib or other reasons they can even give u a free service quite often. Playing with guildies is soooo fast (depends again) because of our sets and stats so yeah... I suggest you get to know a lot of peeps. It's not fun playing alone u know.

#3 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3023 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:17 PM

Ruina is a high-difficulty character and unrecognised by pub players. If you rely on looking for pub parties, I would recommend you try out other classes first. Support classes are usually preferred if a player is less geared due to low DPS contribution regardless. Build from there.

But yes, the main advice I would give is the same as Nihilism's. This is a great game-changer in terms of having fun in game.

#4 CryCryCryzlle

CryCryCryzlle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:48 PM

if you pub as a ruina you better know your strat cuz its a high-risk high-reward character. beter start with guildies so they can assist you as ruina, like loli ony have 1 evasion (aerial) so no errors tolerated.

if you want to fully experience her, play pvp but practice her 1st at DWC so you can tweak her plates

my recommendation
- kidney blow aspd
- overheat aspd
- bounding reation aspd
- lariat cd

if you always getting beaten dont be disheartened, as playing ruina takes high learning curve ( you cant defeat them thru brute force like merc or speed like acros and aoe as sorcs) but take time to learn her timings. you'll be ok