Jump to content


Ml Sp Allocation


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Flam

Flam

    Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:20 PM

Hi. I have 9 unallocated SP for the SM tree. Which would be better?

A. Allocate to triple slash level 6
B. Allocate to triple slash, dash slash and dash combo
C. Remove 1 SP from Brave then go Parrying level 2

Inputs from your experiences would be appreciated. Thank you!

#2 NateLawlet

NateLawlet

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:48 PM

Personally, I don't see why any ML would even need Parry. My build itself goes like this:
-Max everything in the left tree (MLS to Great Wave)

-Max Brave for longer duration

-Max Provoking Slam and Eclipse for Awakening Passive

-Level 1 Aerial Combo, Dash Slash and Dash Combo for utility (great for pvp too)

-Level 1 Triple Slash to push things during mechanic (also very good for pvp)

-Level 1 Front Shove for extra iframe

You're wasting at least 10 sp just by taking parry, and a whooping 20 sp if you decided to take it to level 2.

-Using it for extra damage is absurd. You will be busy just by spamming bubble + MBD EX + Smash X, not to mention that you need to get hit first before Parry deals any damage.

-Using it for extra iframe is silly too. You get 2 additional iframes (Front Shove + Aerial Combo) and more utility for lower sp cost. If you think 3 ground iframe skills (Tumble + Front Shove + Awakened Eclipse) aren't enough, then I don't know what to say...

#3 sngweiwei

sngweiwei

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LiBrasta
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:27 PM

Yeah what he said. You dont need lv2 parry. Thats a waste of 20 sp.

Also, lv2 parry eats mp like crazy.

Lv1 parry if you want to play safe.

Otherwise, practice your iframes

If you want a really long iframe? There's infinity edge as well.

Edited by sngweiwei, 11 May 2017 - 06:32 PM.


#4 Nihilism

Nihilism

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:12 PM

Putting lvl 2 parry is just a waste of sp and it really eats a looot of ur mana. Go for A. I guess

#5 Flam

Flam

    Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 05:21 PM

Thinking about it, i wasn't really using parry a lot. I tried putting it on my build because maybe it is needed in higher levels and nest raids. But just as NateLawlet said 3 iframes is enough for me. So if ever I would be dropping parry in my build what can you say about this build?

A. https://dnskillsim.h...--0-00-----0--0

B. https://dnskillsim.h...--0-00-----0--0

Thank you!

#6 Nihilism

Nihilism

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:06 AM

View PostFlam, on 14 May 2017 - 05:21 PM, said:

Thinking about it, i wasn't really using parry a lot. I tried putting it on my build because maybe it is needed in higher levels and nest raids. But just as NateLawlet said 3 iframes is enough for me. So if ever I would be dropping parry in my build what can you say about this build?

A. https://dnskillsim.h...--0-00-----0--0

B. https://dnskillsim.h...--0-00-----0--0

Thank you!
if you go for pvp I suggest you go put 1 for the drop kick (for style (cool) )
6 circle break and 6 impact wave.
Anyways the difference is really small but if you're the PVE type meh you don't need to be troubled by that much. (I suggest you make the circle break 6 though it has a useful iframe for both PVE and PVP extra iframes always comes in handy)

#7 NateLawlet

NateLawlet

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:00 PM

View PostFlam, on 14 May 2017 - 05:21 PM, said:

Thinking about it, i wasn't really using parry a lot. I tried putting it on my build because maybe it is needed in higher levels and nest raids. But just as NateLawlet said 3 iframes is enough for me. So if ever I would be dropping parry in my build what can you say about this build?

A. https://dnskillsim.h...--0-00-----0--0

B. https://dnskillsim.h...--0-00-----0--0

Thank you!

A build is almost exactly the same as mine, although there are several key differences.

https://dnskillsim.h...--0-00-----0--0


In PVE, my rotation goes something like this:
Gather 50 bubbles>Cyclone Slash>Provoking Slam>Brave (since the buff has limited effect, unlike the two previous debuffs)>HMS INS>Smash X>MBD EX>MLS EX + Eclipse (to regain bubbles)>Cyclone Slash>MBD EX>Smash X (should be off cd with enough MBD hits, otherwise use moon blader). Repeat as necessary since all core skills has less than 10s cooldown, while Smash X should be ready after two precise MBD.

As you can see, there's barely any place to use other skills. Heck, if it wasn't for its high damage in PVE, I wouldn't increase Crescent Creave at all. Impact Wave may need to be maxed after CM3 comes with level 95 cap, but that's still a long way to go. Level 11 Impact Wave is, to be a frank, a waste of 10 precious SP. Same goes for level 6 Triple Slash.

I would not bother taking Mind Conquer at all, since it's nigh impossible for you to run out of MP (unlike gladiator). The effect is pretty negligible too. Dash Kick level is useless for ML.

#8 Flam

Flam

    Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:50 PM

View PostNihilism, on 16 May 2017 - 12:06 AM, said:

if you go for pvp I suggest you go put 1 for the drop kick (for style (cool) )
6 circle break and 6 impact wave.
Anyways the difference is really small but if you're the PVE type meh you don't need to be troubled by that much. (I suggest you make the circle break 6 though it has a useful iframe for both PVE and PVP extra iframes always comes in handy)

yeah you're right about circle break 6. i think i will take it. Thank you! :)

View PostNateLawlet, on 16 May 2017 - 02:00 PM, said:

A build is almost exactly the same as mine, although there are several key differences.

https://dnskillsim.h...--0-00-----0--0


In PVE, my rotation goes something like this:
Gather 50 bubbles>Cyclone Slash>Provoking Slam>Brave (since the buff has limited effect, unlike the two previous debuffs)>HMS INS>Smash X>MBD EX>MLS EX + Eclipse (to regain bubbles)>Cyclone Slash>MBD EX>Smash X (should be off cd with enough MBD hits, otherwise use moon blader). Repeat as necessary since all core skills has less than 10s cooldown, while Smash X should be ready after two precise MBD.

As you can see, there's barely any place to use other skills. Heck, if it wasn't for its high damage in PVE, I wouldn't increase Crescent Creave at all. Impact Wave may need to be maxed after CM3 comes with level 95 cap, but that's still a long way to go. Level 11 Impact Wave is, to be a frank, a waste of 10 precious SP. Same goes for level 6 Triple Slash.

I would not bother taking Mind Conquer at all, since it's nigh impossible for you to run out of MP (unlike gladiator). The effect is pretty negligible too. Dash Kick level is useless for ML.

Wow! Didn't know you can add brave between Provoking Slam and HMS INS. Thank you for your inputs man. Yeah. That Impact Wave at 95cap is kinda good, I hope. Maybe max it later if worth it. :D and why you up Triple Slash to 6? Maybe because no other skills are worth leveling?

#9 NateLawlet

NateLawlet

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:38 AM

View PostFlam, on 16 May 2017 - 04:50 PM, said:

yeah you're right about circle break 6. i think i will take it. Thank you! :)



Wow! Didn't know you can add brave between Provoking Slam and HMS INS. Thank you for your inputs man. Yeah. That Impact Wave at 95cap is kinda good, I hope. Maybe max it later if worth it. :D and why you up Triple Slash to 6? Maybe because no other skills are worth leveling?

My bad, I was just editing your build but I forgot to move the sp from Triple Slash to elsewhere.

Just move 5 sp from Triple Slash and move it to Impact Wave, that's my build.

#10 vangeodee

vangeodee

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
  • DN, Springwood
  • SeaOfFlame

Posted 28 May 2017 - 04:03 PM

View PostNateLawlet, on 16 May 2017 - 02:00 PM, said:

In PVE, my rotation goes something like this:
Gather 50 bubbles>Cyclone Slash>Provoking Slam>Brave (since the buff has limited effect, unlike the two previous debuffs)>HMS INS>Smash X>MBD EX>MLS EX + Eclipse (to regain bubbles)>Cyclone Slash>MBD EX>Smash X (should be off cd with enough MBD hits, otherwise use moon blader)

Sorry to bring up an old topic, but I felt the need to post since I found something being preached that was extremely bothering, inefficient and just down right wrong.

Although the topic was about SP allocation, rotations were brought up and I'd like to correct something since a lot of people may be misled by what was posted.

When you do the above rotation (emboldened), this is what you get:

http://i.imgur.com/YcXujhH.gifv

It's slow, clunky and very inefficient. You are linking together two of the worst after-cast delay skills together without a buffer in in-between them to soften the animation delays after casting.

If you were to do the widely accepted (because it works) rotation, you get a smoother and quicker transition between skills. The rotation for this is PSlam > Brave > HMS INS > Eclipse > Smash X > Cyclone (if cd alr) / MLS / 3ple Slash > MBD.

http://i.imgur.com/OYPtZs6.gifv

You get a much smoother and more efficient rotation, fitting in more skills and more damage in the same time frame as the one that was suggested. This nets you a higher overall DPS.

4.5m for the one that was mentioned, and 5.8m for the one I'm suggesting.

However, if you really want to maximize your DPS and damage, and are fast/skilled enough to do it, you can do: Brave > Pslam > Cyclone Slash > HMS INS > Eclipse > Smash X > MLS > MBD

http://i.imgur.com/pJTIHyt.gifv

This is frankly, IMO the best rotation you can play. Why? Because Brave is cast first, it increases Pslam damage, and in turn Cyclone Slash benefits from both Brave and Pslam, whereas the first two rotations, Cyclone Slash only gets Brave. This rotation net me 6.5m DPS with the same setup

Some of you may say to each his own when it comes to playstyle, but it makes no sense to continue doing bad habits that are inefficient and hurt your character's ability to perform. I'm also not saying what I'm suggesting is absolute, but my suggestions and recommendations come from hours upon hours of BTG practice and experimentation.

Edited by vangeodee, 08 June 2017 - 03:31 PM.


#11 Jskidz

Jskidz

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 10:06 AM

View Postvangeodee, on 28 May 2017 - 04:03 PM, said:

However, if you really want to maximize your DPS and damage, and are fast/skilled enough to do it, you can do: Brave > Pslam > Cyclone Slash > HMS INS > Smash X > MLS > MBD

I think you mean: Brave > Pslam > Cyclone Slash > HMS INS > Eclipse > Smash X > MLS > MBD

Just extra suggestion, you need to work on your MBD hit count (2nd demo only do 6 hit), or if you just make this to demo but not really playing ML, just ignore me.

Edited by Jskidz, 08 June 2017 - 10:13 AM.


#12 vangeodee

vangeodee

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
  • DN, Springwood
  • SeaOfFlame

Posted 08 June 2017 - 03:33 PM

View PostJskidz, on 08 June 2017 - 10:06 AM, said:

I think you mean: Brave > Pslam > Cyclone Slash > HMS INS > Eclipse > Smash X > MLS > MBD

Just extra suggestion, you need to work on your MBD hit count (2nd demo only do 6 hit), or if you just make this to demo but not really playing ML, just ignore me.

Corrected, thanks for pointing that out.

The MBD was just for show, to see the way you're supposed to do things. It doesn't make sense to MBD at close range, so the point of the demo was to show how to get out of animation lock and get into proper MBD range.

And yes, I can manage 12-13 hits on the golem if I'm seriously playing.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by vangeodee, 08 June 2017 - 03:44 PM.


#13 Jskidz

Jskidz

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 04:09 PM

OwO