• 1087 posts
  • OverNeko, Hikariful
  • DN, Westwood
  • ColosseumKnight

Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:49 PM

View PostDio, on 13 May 2017 - 10:00 AM, said:

sb
kite dash around waiting 50

Lol waiting for a skill that's already hard to hit without set up? You must be joking.

#22 Limey

Limey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:17 PM

bd and sb?

both are almost same in my view
no matter damage or pub player playstyle

sb
kite dash around waiting 50

bd
dash away use tracking ghost and only dash near by using iframe skill and if hit continue combo with ES

cheap style complainning cheap lol

Erm I play both bd and sb and the way you explained how both classes fight, are for people who have no idea how to play the class and even if they use such methods, they will lose.

As a SB, we don't just kite around and wait for a 30 sec level 50 skill. Classes with emergency tumble can easily escape that shet. SB requires proper setup and wasting of opponents evade in order to land our nukes which is 32 + arcane focus. Unlike other classes with fast and high SAB like rippers (instant ranged 1200 sab, instant 600 sab punch, + many other ex skills to break sa) or gladiatiors (awakened triple slash/front shove/eclipse), we have much less skills to bait opponents evades for us to use our nukes.

Furthermore, if we miss our 50 skill, we can't simply tumble out of it. We have to cancel it with hornet touch.

And yeah.... I'm pretty sure stalker NON EX is hella dangerous

Edited by Limey, 14 May 2017 - 04:18 PM.

#23 Vhanzy

Vhanzy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1004 posts
  • KuroHana
  • DN, Springwood
  • No Guild

Posted 14 May 2017 - 07:02 PM

I may have not been playing for a while now but SB isn't really effective in kiting
without proper setup. SB has the same problem with pre-boost ML unless things have heavily change.

#24 Nihilism

Nihilism

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 15 May 2017 - 12:34 AM

Going in pvp risks you of salty peeps. So yeah just mute them or block them

#25 Nvin

Nvin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Lorallite
  • DN, Springwood
  • QUEENS Guild

Posted 15 May 2017 - 12:39 AM

In reference of "playstyle", Long before, I used to be envious with other classes when it came to PvP. As a Windwalker main, my most common complain was regarding Elestras and Force Users (Sallies where not much of a threat before Awakening). I also despised Gear Masters with their army of summons.

Thus I created characters and turns out, I suck using them... big time. What looks so easy when you are battling them, is actually hard. In pvp (also applies in pve), class mastery is essential.

You would not appreciate your character's capability if you keep complaining from others. It is better to master your class, to counter any strategy another player is throwing you.

In reference of the "bullying" it is better to just ignore them. Trust me, you will encounter many more.

Just my opinion and experience. Have a nice day.

#26 Handyyy

Handyyy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Ritsukax
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 15 May 2017 - 05:57 PM

View PostNvin, on 15 May 2017 - 12:39 AM, said:

Thus I created characters and turns out, I suck using them... big time. What looks so easy when you are battling them, is actually hard. In pvp (also applies in pve), class mastery is essential.

Thr ya go . Best reply yet . and its true :D

#27 XxXh0lic

XxXh0lic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1087 posts
  • OverNeko, Hikariful
  • DN, Westwood
  • ColosseumKnight

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:25 PM

View PostNvin, on 15 May 2017 - 12:39 AM, said:

True. People think Sting Breezer is so easy to use but little did they know about the hardships of finding a blind spot to break your opponent's SA.

#28 Vhanzy

Vhanzy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1004 posts
  • KuroHana
  • DN, Springwood
  • No Guild

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:15 PM

^

you can add that after all that work for setting everything up just to be f@!$ up in the a!@
by a buggy arcane focus to ruin your fun br=
that was fix now right?

Edited by Vhanzy, 15 May 2017 - 08:15 PM.

#29 Remilia

Remilia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Remiiria, RhoAiias
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:19 PM

sb
kite
Why do people state this recently? imo kiting is the last thing sb want to do.

View PostVhanzy, on 15 May 2017 - 08:15 PM, said:

that was fix now right?
still depends on good latency

#30 XxXh0lic

XxXh0lic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1087 posts
  • OverNeko, Hikariful
  • DN, Westwood
  • ColosseumKnight

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:20 PM

View PostVhanzy, on 15 May 2017 - 08:15 PM, said:

^

you can add that after all that work for setting everything up just to be f@!$ up in the a!@
by a buggy arcane focus to ruin your fun %20br=
that was fix now right?

Remiiria claimed it was fixed but I'm still experiencing it honestly. Either moving or knocked down, sometimes Arcane Focus does not redirect afterimages and yeah they disappear because of that stupid bug.

#31 ChellyChi

ChellyChi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • CheIIy \ Espringale
  • DN, Springwood
  • VongolaVN

Posted 15 May 2017 - 11:22 PM

Pvp sucks now anyway, just forget about it. Nobody cares about 1v1 or stuff like that anymore.

#32 Nvin

Nvin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Lorallite
  • DN, Springwood
  • QUEENS Guild

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:42 AM

View PostXxXh0lic, on 15 May 2017 - 07:25 PM, said:

True. People think Sting Breezer is so easy to use but little did they know about the hardships of finding a blind spot to break your opponent's SA.

I know the feels. I happen to have an SB too. (Changed job my Flurry to SB a few months back, and loved it)
I tried to pvp just recently using her (and was bad LOL), I am having trouble hitting Poking Beehive... doesn't it have a suction?

Anyhow, I am a better SB than Flurry.

#33 XxXh0lic

XxXh0lic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1087 posts
  • OverNeko, Hikariful
  • DN, Westwood
  • ColosseumKnight

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:20 AM

View PostNvin, on 16 May 2017 - 12:42 AM, said:

I know the feels. I happen to have an SB too. (Changed job my Flurry to SB a few months back, and loved it)
I tried to pvp just recently using her (and was bad LOL), I am having trouble hitting Poking Beehive... doesn't it have a suction?

Anyhow, I am a better SB than Flurry.

After a few practices, you'll get the hang of Poking Beehive's distance and you'll be able to throw down that spike exactly at your opponent's head (the crashing part has high SAB if you hit it accurately). Yes, it does have a suction effect but first few hits are very slow so if you miss the crashing part and your opponent is still standing, they might be able to get out of it.

#34 Gendo

Gendo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 09:43 AM

View PostVhanzy, on 14 May 2017 - 07:02 PM, said:

I may have not been playing for a while now but SB isn't really effective in kiting
without proper setup. SB has the same problem with pre-boost ML unless things have heavily change.
TRUE. I hope awk will give her something to use (:D) ML awk level pls (but less OP).
Since it really boring to play Flurry, the class is just too good....

Edited by Gendo, 16 May 2017 - 09:45 AM.

#35 stylinx

stylinx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3023 posts
  • GoMadRaiku
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • KokoCrunch

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:07 PM

im one of those who made tons of chars but still suck (:D)

and why do they keep calling me a runner? (:[)
1) im just staying away cuz my skills are on cooldown
2) and evading enemy skills calls you a runner, its like they wanted me to just stand there and let it all hit me

#36 AlyceEcyla

AlyceEcyla

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1769 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:24 PM

I thought TS said SB is op because Dent Blow + Arcane Focus drained 50% of his hp but then he said he hopes awakening gives SB something to use.

#37 xEquation

xEquation

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5780 posts
  • PepperPoke | EonKreuz
  • DN, Holywood
  • Phyrexians | Treadstone

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:23 PM

did u know, spear hand non-ex left click explosion is faster than EX version? #barans

Edited by xEquation, 16 May 2017 - 05:23 PM.

#38 Cyl3erunion

Cyl3erunion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts
  • CyberRUBY
  • DN, Holywood
  • ♡me♡yu-LoliKnight

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:53 PM

Having played elemental lord for pvp since 24 cap... then making an acrobat at 32 cap for pvp... made me realize the amount of advantage iframes gives in pvp. It was much much easier to play acrobat at 32 cap with all the iframe compared to the effort required to play elemental lord (until spiral kick was nerfed, which makes it hard to do continuous combos now). And now back to blade dancer vs string breezer... By virtue of the number and length of iframe blade dancer have over sting breezer, blade dancer is in no way the "weaker" class compared to sting breezer. Nonetheless, sting breezer (piercer in general) is not a "weak" class either, she having more SAB (based on number of skills and skill cd) compared to elemental lord, and having a skill set that makes it trivial to continuously juggle an opponent with no evades left to use while doing good damage. With speed buff on, string breezer is more than well-matched for the iframe advantage blade dancers have over her. In terms of dps in a single combo and SAB both classes are about equal, i think...

About hit and run style of pvp (to wait for cooldown of powerful skills, or to stay out of range of your opponent's max range)... it is "frowned" upon because it is the lazy way of playing, compared to learning to fully utilize every single skill in your skill set and to manage their use and cooldowns, or to learn the aoe of and counters to your opponent's skills and to learn how to bait-and-evade/counter. The fact that a class has a skill set that requires a more indirect approach to doing damage (i.e. requiring a set-up due to the lack of iframes) does not really justify one adopting a hit and run style as the only way to play it; sting breezer is well-equipped for a up-close-and-personal style of play as well (although flurry will have a much easier time doing this), without the need to dash in circles whenever the powerful skills are on cooldown. But, it is still a valid way of playing, so learn how to counter it instead!

Real problem in pvp is still server lag...

Edited by Cyl3erunion, 16 May 2017 - 10:56 PM.

#39 ChaoteZeus

ChaoteZeus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 768 posts
  • RubberZeus
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:56 PM

@XxXh0lic

Dude, I know Ive been mad at you and have had my share of unkind words. But listen.

I admire you're gameplay. It's apparent that you have learned all the PVP mechs, timing of evasions, counters, etc. Seriously. I spec your lanceas and machina because I have both classes myself and I really go "Nice one" whenever I see u do a cool come back or something.

However, with my own experience and with what I ocassionally witness in PVP rooms. You have a way of speaking that gives out this "Arrogant" feel. And seeing all the people react to u, I'm guessing Im not the only who senses that.

I dont wana start something, just wna say, maybe... you should try to heed your own advice and ignore whiners too and/or try to reflect on the things u say and see if you yourself gets what I mean regarding "Arrogant" feel and try to tone it down a bit.

I honestly don't care though, since Im on semi-quit but I still linger around here in forums and I know that it's only a matter of time before your name will get brought up again regarding your PVP talking habits. Just speaking out of concern, I know you actually enjoy some of these posts since you also have a way of making the posters look like it's entirely their fault and they're the one who started it. Just giving my 2 cents which u probably don't give a fish or don't believe anyway.

Well, like PencilNote said...

Shame on me for actually using my precious time to write this.

Bye.....

#40 Gendo

Gendo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:53 AM

View PostCyl3erunion, on 16 May 2017 - 10:53 PM, said:

Having played elemental lord for pvp since 24 cap... then making an acrobat at 32 cap for pvp... made me realize the amount of advantage iframes gives in pvp. It was much much easier to play acrobat at 32 cap with all the iframe compared to the effort required to play elemental lord (until spiral kick was nerfed, which makes it hard to do continuous combos now). And now back to blade dancer vs string breezer... By virtue of the number and length of iframe blade dancer have over sting breezer, blade dancer is in no way the "weaker" class compared to sting breezer. Nonetheless, sting breezer (piercer in general) is not a "weak" class either, she having more SAB (based on number of skills and skill cd) compared to elemental lord, and having a skill set that makes it trivial to continuously juggle an opponent with no evades left to use while doing good damage. With speed buff on, string breezer is more than well-matched for the iframe advantage blade dancers have over her. In terms of dps in a single combo and SAB both classes are about equal, i think...

About hit and run style of pvp (to wait for cooldown of powerful skills, or to stay out of range of your opponent's max range)... it is "frowned" upon because it is the lazy way of playing, compared to learning to fully utilize every single skill in your skill set and to manage their use and cooldowns, or to learn the aoe of and counters to your opponent's skills and to learn how to bait-and-evade/counter. The fact that a class has a skill set that requires a more indirect approach to doing damage (i.e. requiring a set-up due to the lack of iframes) does not really justify one adopting a hit and run style as the only way to play it; sting breezer is well-equipped for a up-close-and-personal style of play as well (although flurry will have a much easier time doing this), without the need to dash in circles whenever the powerful skills are on cooldown. But, it is still a valid way of playing, so learn how to counter it instead!

Real problem in pvp is still server lag...

I, myself have a   SB too and with my experience, after 2 buff wave, SB nowhere near equal with BD.
The Spd alone enough to overpower most classes let aside her Dmg.
even Spinning swing lv 1 can deal alot of dmg already...

edit: And you cant make mistake when fighting with good SB either...Im pretty sure as BD u cant bait all the eva of  SB MOST of the time.
Example my match with Holic. I worked my @ss off to deal some dmg, but the second my 1 Air evasion gone im good as dead. 1 round of Dent blow + ins + focus => D E A D

View PostChaoteZeus, on 16 May 2017 - 11:56 PM, said:

Dude, I know Ive been mad at you and have had my share of unkind words. But listen.....
same

Edited by Gendo, 17 May 2017 - 01:04 AM.