- - - - -

Need Advice! Should I Make The Decision?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Abucute

Abucute

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:15 PM

Hello pros, I need your advices on a decision to change from my main ML to a new DA char.

I heard that DA is now a better DPS than ML (currently my ML have 300k m.atk intown, 42% ele and 4k FD), but if i change, i would lose a pair of Engineer weap cos and a fair amount of gold to invest again in heraldies, jades, talismans, etc...

So i just wanna know if it worth to change? 'Cause we all knew gold is easy to find but Engineer weapon cos is not.

#2 lennon001lee

lennon001lee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 622 posts
  • Lenoresu
  • DN, Greenwood
  • LeHAX/Epicentre/Bakazoku

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:47 PM

I'm pretty sure ML still can do better.

#3 Abucute

Abucute

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:53 PM

View Postlennon001lee, on 16 May 2017 - 03:47 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure ML still can do better.

Thank you, but how come is that? Isn't DA is rank1 DPS atm?

#4 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:09 PM

Hi can I ask what is wrong with posting in this thread?

http://forum.cherryc...-dark-avengers/

It's EXACTLY the same question.

#5 Abucute

Abucute

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:15 PM

View PostXenocho, on 16 May 2017 - 04:09 PM, said:

Hi can I ask what is wrong with posting in this thread?

http://forum.cherryc...-dark-avengers/

It's EXACTLY the same question.
I'm not asking whether DA better than ML. My point is that if it worth to abaddon dual weap epic cos

#6 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:16 PM

View PostAbucute, on 16 May 2017 - 04:15 PM, said:

I'm not asking whether DA better than ML. My point is that if it worth to abaddon dual weap epic cos

Well, if your goal is to play a stronger character, isn't it the same question? Your question becomes "will my DA be better than my ML if my ML has dual weapon costume while my DA doesn't?"

The thread discusses the pro and cons of DA playstyle vs ML playstyle which significantly affects the DPS output. If you can use your ML better than your DA, then of course your ML performs better. Likewise, vice versa.

Lastly, whether it's worth to invest in a diff stat is entirely up to you. You determine the value of your own gold, while some others have no hesitation to spend 100k gold on small stuff.

Edited by Xenocho, 16 May 2017 - 04:17 PM.

#7 sngweiwei

sngweiwei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LiBrasta
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:44 PM

Why is it always ML vs DA. xD

#8 FirePhoenix

FirePhoenix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3766 posts
  • zArAthena/zArSuika
  • DN, Holywood
  • VongolaVN

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:39 AM

DA and ML have very similar DPS, almost no different. So I am pretty sure your new DA without epic costume will lose DPS to the old ML.

#9 ChellyChi

ChellyChi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1261 posts
  • CheIIy \ Espringale
  • DN, Springwood
  • VongolaVN

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:42 AM

ML is definitely stronger than DA by a small gap, u can ask any veteran players out there , and most likely most would say the same.
On top of that ML also has very high tent due to his int stats which is pretty tanky in raid.
However due to the constant dps nature, ml might not be as good as DA in burst/kos oriented nest such as GRDN.

Edited by ChellyChi, 17 May 2017 - 12:43 AM.

#10 Veritas

Veritas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10242 posts
  • Veri/Timortis/VerumEques
  • DN, Westwood
  • That's a story for another day.

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:08 AM

View PostAbucute, on 16 May 2017 - 03:15 PM, said:

Hello pros, I need your advices on a decision to change from my main ML to a new DA char.

I heard that DA is now a better DPS than ML (currently my ML have 300k m.atk intown, 42% ele and 4k FD), but if i change, i would lose a pair of Engineer weap cos and a fair amount of gold to invest again in heraldies, jades, talismans, etc...

So i just wanna know if it worth to change? 'Cause we all knew gold is easy to find but Engineer weapon cos is not.
In the light of your question, I can only implore you to answer this question at the moment. Why do you seek power through such means?

#11 sngweiwei

sngweiwei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LiBrasta
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:25 PM

Mate, it's just a computer game. No need to go this deep. He just wants to know if the dps difference between the two classes is worth spending resources or not.

Edited by sngweiwei, 17 May 2017 - 01:28 PM.

#12 DarkOrgazm

DarkOrgazm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • DarkOrgazm
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:17 PM

it depends on your playstyle, I just love my DA..dark crash then BOOM!! HP bar disappears.

#13 Veritas

Veritas

• Members
  • 10242 posts
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:43 PM

View Postsngweiwei, on 17 May 2017 - 01:25 PM, said:

Mate, it's just a computer game. No need to go this deep. He just wants to know if the dps difference between the two classes is worth spending resources or not.
From what I see, I feel that he will ask again after the wheel turns, trapping him in the cycle. Besides, isn't it better that he will learn a thing or two?

#14 sngweiwei

sngweiwei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LiBrasta
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:53 PM

View PostVeritas, on 17 May 2017 - 08:43 PM, said:

From what I see, I feel that he will ask again after the wheel turns, trapping him in the cycle. Besides, isn't it better that he will learn a thing or two?

Save yourself the time and effort of doing that. Its easier just giving the guy a straight answer and everyone moves on.

#15 Reyisaki

Reyisaki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Remura
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:07 PM

Why not just play the char you like the most in terms of play style?

#16 Veritas

Veritas

• Members
  • 10242 posts
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:01 AM

View Postsngweiwei, on 17 May 2017 - 10:53 PM, said:

Save yourself the time and effort of doing that. Its easier just giving the guy a straight answer and everyone moves on.
The ease of a path does not have any connections with how right a path is.

Besides... Where is the thread starter?

#17 FirePhoenix

FirePhoenix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3766 posts
  • zArAthena/zArSuika
  • DN, Holywood
  • VongolaVN

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:00 AM

View PostVeritas, on 18 May 2017 - 09:01 AM, said:

The ease of a path does not have any connections with how right a path is.

Besides... Where is the thread starter?
There is no right or wrong path. This is just a game to serve our own desire. So just play the way we enjoy it. If someone want to bandwagon to the higher DPS class, that is their choice and their own entertainment, do not judge.
The path you think is right, will not hold true for other people and vice versa. So don't try to lecture other people and just enjoy the game.

#18 Veritas

Veritas

• Members
  • 10242 posts
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:31 AM

View PostFirePhoenix, on 18 May 2017 - 10:00 AM, said:

There is no right or wrong path. This is just a game to serve our own desire. So just play the way we enjoy it. If someone want to bandwagon to the higher DPS class, that is their choice and their own entertainment, do not judge.
The path you think is right, will not hold true for other people and vice versa. So don't try to lecture other people and just enjoy the game.
So if some kind of people are having fun with drugs or something like that, should we just ignore them? And not warning them of their current path, and their current situation? I've had enough of being a bystander. I will free them from the prison they're confined in.

#19 FirePhoenix

FirePhoenix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3766 posts
  • zArAthena/zArSuika
  • DN, Holywood
  • VongolaVN

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:00 AM

View PostVeritas, on 18 May 2017 - 10:31 AM, said:

So if some kind of people are having fun with drugs or something like that, should we just ignore them? And not warning them of their current path, and their current situation? I've had enough of being a bystander. I will free them from the prison they're confined in.
We, people in society, are freely do anything which don't violate the law. Using drug is illegal, so NOPE, you cannot do that.
Likewise, in DN community, we also have a set of rule we must follow. For example, do not scam, do not hack,... DPS bandwagon do not violate DN rule and term. So we can freely do that. See the different and why you wrong when compare?

Let talk a bit about the reason behind. Drug cause damage to your health, your mental, your family and society, so it need to be forbidden. While there is nothing wrong with DPS bandwagon as long as you play the new class properly and don't look down on other class.

Edited by FirePhoenix, 18 May 2017 - 11:14 AM.

#20 DyingKid

DyingKid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:46 AM

View PostAbucute, on 16 May 2017 - 03:15 PM, said:

hi there. My main accounts are ML and DA. All with around 6k fd and almost the same town stat and element. Play style wise and dps wise, i prefer DA for the moment (personal opinion). But im not sure how long DA or ML will stand on DPS chart. Maybe tomorrow devs will nerf it again. DN is a never ending cycle of rebalancing (maybe rebalancing not the correct term but randomizing skills value). I suggest you stick to your own class because u already invested on it unless you get bored on its playstyle then why not try DA then. Its a game after all. It serves to make u enjoy. Just follow your heart (<3) that makes you happy in-game.