- - - - -

Need Advice! Should I Make The Decision?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 sngweiwei

sngweiwei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LiBrasta
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:04 PM

View PostVeritas, on 18 May 2017 - 10:31 AM, said:

So if some kind of people are having fun with drugs or something like that, should we just ignore them? And not warning them of their current path, and their current situation? I've had enough of being a bystander. I will free them from the prison they're confined in.

Honestly you type like some cliche anime char. Cringe man. Come back to earth pls.

Meanwhile, you should fly to Syria and help all the people there. I'm sure they could use a savior like you.

Edited by sngweiwei, 18 May 2017 - 01:17 PM.

#22 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:58 PM

View PostMike1Toreno, on 18 May 2017 - 01:50 PM, said:

There is no modding allowed in DNSEA,
there is no HP cap enable super cheats accepted in game.
How can we level up using XP lots, potions?

??? Can you elaborate pls

#23 sngweiwei

sngweiwei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LiBrasta
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:03 PM

View PostXenocho, on 18 May 2017 - 01:58 PM, said:

??? Can you elaborate pls

I think he's posting in the wrong topic.

#24 SorceressHater

SorceressHater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6988 posts
  • Save Our Last Goodbye
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:04 PM

View Postsngweiwei, on 18 May 2017 - 01:04 PM, said:

Honestly you type like some cliche anime char. Cringe man. Come back to earth pls.

Meanwhile, you should fly to Syria and help all the people there. I'm sure they could use a savior like you.

burn him more pls.

#25 Abucute

Abucute

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:22 PM

View PostDyingKid, on 18 May 2017 - 11:46 AM, said:

hi there. My main accounts are ML and DA. All with around 6k fd and almost the same town stat and element. Play style wise and dps wise, i prefer DA for the moment (personal opinion). But im not sure how long DA or ML will stand on DPS chart. Maybe tomorrow devs will nerf it again. DN is a never ending cycle of rebalancing (maybe rebalancing not the correct term but randomizing skills value). I suggest you stick to your own class because u already invested on it unless you get bored on its playstyle then why not try DA then. Its a game after all. It serves to make u enjoy. Just follow your heart (<3) that makes you happy in-game.
(clap)

View PostReyisaki, on 17 May 2017 - 11:07 PM, said:

Why not just play the char you like the most in terms of play style?
(;])

This is what i was about to do, after went thru all of you guy's advices. I'll make a new DA and switch gears (my new DA won't be as strong as ML ofc) but at least I can enjoy its bursting playstyle and still keep my ML relevant. (<3) (<3)

Edited by Abucute, 18 May 2017 - 02:23 PM.

#26 Veritas

Veritas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10242 posts
  • Veri/Timortis/VerumEques
  • DN, Westwood
  • That's a story for another day.

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:38 PM

View PostFirePhoenix, on 18 May 2017 - 11:00 AM, said:

We, people in society, are freely do anything which don't violate the law. Using drug is illegal, so NOPE, you cannot do that.
Likewise, in DN community, we also have a set of rule we must follow. For example, do not scam, do not hack,... DPS bandwagon do not violate DN rule and term. So we can freely do that. See the different and why you wrong when compare?

Let talk a bit about the reason behind. Drug cause damage to your health, your mental, your family and society, so it need to be forbidden. While there is nothing wrong with DPS bandwagon as long as you play the new class properly and don't look down on other class.
DPS bandwagon can cause class discrimination. And it eliminates the self. It eliminates the purpose. In the blind pursuit of power.

The laws set by abuse report, to me, is more like a natural phenomenon, set by laws of nature, than a constitution, set by laws of humans. I'm afraid your argument is not accurate enough, for it is about law, but you don't mention what kind of law.

#27 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:50 PM

View PostVeritas, on 18 May 2017 - 04:38 PM, said:

DPS bandwagon can cause class discrimination. And it eliminates the self. It eliminates the purpose. In the blind pursuit of power.

The laws set by abuse report, to me, is more like a natural phenomenon, set by laws of nature, than a constitution, set by laws of humans. I'm afraid your argument is not accurate enough, for it is about law, but you don't mention what kind of law.

DPS bandwagon does not cause class discrimination. Skill balancing by developers do. As you can see, even without any DPS tier discussion in the forum, pubs in game have transitioned into LFM > HDPS. This is the reality of the game: there is very clear difference in the DPS potential of classes. This causes the discrimination by the pub. Bandwagon is simply playing strong classes for personal satisfaction or to satisfy demands of own parties or pub parties.

I'm not sure why you would request clarification of law for drugs. It is illegal. If not, we can point to manslaughter, which also leads to punishment, and hence in a sense, illegal too.

The point is that bandwagoning is not illegal. It does not go against any of the terms and conditions set for the game. Abuse is, by terms and condition of the game, illegal. The terms and conditions of the game serves as the constitution, or is this not enough?

#28 Veritas

Veritas

• Members
  • 10242 posts
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:09 PM

View PostXenocho, on 18 May 2017 - 04:50 PM, said:

DPS bandwagon does not cause class discrimination. Skill balancing by developers do. As you can see, even without any DPS tier discussion in the forum, pubs in game have transitioned into LFM > HDPS. This is the reality of the game: there is very clear difference in the DPS potential of classes. This causes the discrimination by the pub. Bandwagon is simply playing strong classes for personal satisfaction or to satisfy demands of own parties or pub parties.

I'm not sure why you would request clarification of law for drugs. It is illegal. If not, we can point to manslaughter, which also leads to punishment, and hence in a sense, illegal too.

The point is that bandwagoning is not illegal. It does not go against any of the terms and conditions set for the game. Abuse is, by terms and condition of the game, illegal. The terms and conditions of the game serves as the constitution, or is this not enough?
Well about that law, thanks for refuting that one.

And bandwagoning worsens the problem of discrimination. Well, HDPS is kind of vague... I kind of like that, as a matter of fact. Meaning that there'll be a fragmentation.

Edited by Veritas, 18 May 2017 - 05:10 PM.

#29 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:29 PM

View PostVeritas, on 18 May 2017 - 05:09 PM, said:

Well about that law, thanks for refuting that one.

And bandwagoning worsens the problem of discrimination. Well, HDPS is kind of vague... I kind of like that, as a matter of fact. Meaning that there'll be a fragmentation.
Fragmentation? Not sure what do you mean by that.

The point is that pub will evolve their own way of picking top Dps class. Run once with a sting breezer and another with a flurry, they will realize that the run with the flurry is much faster and the discrimination starts there. It is quite inevitable due to differences in classes and pub always spread info by word of mouth.

Now how does bandwagon fit in nicely? Bandwagon allows a player to fulfil 3 purposes; 1) players play a higher Dps class and who doesn't love dealing Dps? 2) they will be wanted by pub parties and will be able to enjoy the game and 3) pub players have more players playing wanted classes and hence, will have no problem forming parties for nest.

What happens if players play their own classes like low Dps ones? 1) players don't do high dps despite having better gear than party mates, 2) pub players don't want to pick them and 3) pub runs will be extremely long and potentially tedious due to low Dps classes. These contribute to an unhappy gaming experience.

It's unfortunate that this cycle exists. It's the business meta of developers for ensuring players spend in game continuously by consistently switching classes. By being stubborn, you catch yourself in your own prison with only niche conditions to save you, such as geared friends or ample time to play casually. If you play with outsiders and pub, you will just have to adapt to this meta.

If you want a stronger example, right now the top nest is rune hardcore. Using weak classes without super gears significantly reduce chances of clearing. However if your goal is to clear and picking strong Dps classes is a way, would it not be a solution? Or should players accept defeat because they want to stick to the classes they love?

#30 Veritas

Veritas

• Members
  • 10242 posts
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:22 PM

View PostXenocho, on 18 May 2017 - 06:29 PM, said:

Fragmentation? Not sure what do you mean by that.

The point is that pub will evolve their own way of picking top Dps class. Run once with a sting breezer and another with a flurry, they will realize that the run with the flurry is much faster and the discrimination starts there. It is quite inevitable due to differences in classes and pub always spread info by word of mouth.

Now how does bandwagon fit in nicely? Bandwagon allows a player to fulfil 3 purposes; 1) players play a higher Dps class and who doesn't love dealing Dps? 2) they will be wanted by pub parties and will be able to enjoy the game and 3) pub players have more players playing wanted classes and hence, will have no problem forming parties for nest.

What happens if players play their own classes like low Dps ones? 1) players don't do high dps despite having better gear than party mates, 2) pub players don't want to pick them and 3) pub runs will be extremely long and potentially tedious due to low Dps classes. These contribute to an unhappy gaming experience.

It's unfortunate that this cycle exists. It's the business meta of developers for ensuring players spend in game continuously by consistently switching classes. By being stubborn, you catch yourself in your own prison with only niche conditions to save you, such as geared friends or ample time to play casually. If you play with outsiders and pub, you will just have to adapt to this meta.

If you want a stronger example, right now the top nest is rune hardcore. Using weak classes without super gears significantly reduce chances of clearing. However if your goal is to clear and picking strong Dps classes is a way, would it not be a solution? Or should players accept defeat because they want to stick to the classes they love?
Then why won't we defy their will? Besides, don't ever think that PVE, clearing nests are the only content available.

#31 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:26 PM

View PostVeritas, on 18 May 2017 - 07:22 PM, said:

Then why won't we defy their will? Besides, don't ever think that PVE, clearing nests are the only content available.

But if clearing nest is a goal? What happens to those players?

About that link you shown, its not to say those are 'weak' classes but rather underutilised classes. There is strength in using puppet as an extra hit box, additional debuffs from SE, and saleana is still a decent DPS. What I am refering to are classes which are theoretically horrible, and would be worse when applied in actual usage.

Edited by Xenocho, 18 May 2017 - 07:30 PM.

#32 Veritas

Veritas

• Members
  • 10242 posts
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:33 PM

View PostXenocho, on 18 May 2017 - 07:26 PM, said:

But if clearing nest is a goal? What happens to those players?

About that link you shown, its not to say those are 'weak' classes but rather underutilised classes. There is strength in using puppet as an extra hit box, additional debuffs from SE, and saleana is still a decent DPS. What I am refering to are classes which are theoretically horrible, and would be worse when applied in actual usage.
They can follow the path shown in the link.

#33 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:40 PM

View PostVeritas, on 18 May 2017 - 07:33 PM, said:

They can follow the path shown in the link.

You are ignoring what I said earlier btw.

"If you want a stronger example, right now the top nest is rune hardcore. Using weak classes without super gears significantly reduce chances of clearing. However if your goal is to clear and picking strong Dps classes is a way, would it not be a solution? Or should players accept defeat because they want to stick to the classes they love?"

#34 Veritas

Veritas

• Members
  • 10242 posts
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:42 PM

View PostXenocho, on 18 May 2017 - 07:40 PM, said:

You are ignoring what I said earlier btw.

"If you want a stronger example, right now the top nest is rune hardcore. Using weak classes without super gears significantly reduce chances of clearing. However if your goal is to clear and picking strong Dps classes is a way, would it not be a solution? Or should players accept defeat because they want to stick to the classes they love?"
This is part of the key.

Others include... Well, thinking out of the box.

#35 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:49 PM

View PostVeritas, on 18 May 2017 - 07:42 PM, said:

This is part of the key.

Others include... Well, thinking out of the box.

There are only 2 solutions when DPS is not enough. Change the classes or improve gears. This is part of the meta of DN at the moment.

Some have goals of clearing the hardest content, which is why they gear up to so high. It is absolutely disappointing to fail just because of wanting to stick to the same class.

#36 Veritas

Veritas

• Members
  • 10242 posts
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:51 PM

View PostXenocho, on 18 May 2017 - 07:49 PM, said:

There are only 2 solutions when DPS is not enough. Change the classes or improve gears. This is part of the meta of DN at the moment.

Some have goals of clearing the hardest content, which is why they gear up to so high. It is absolutely disappointing to fail just because of wanting to stick to the same class.
I'm afraid I don't really get what the point is.

#37 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:55 PM

View PostVeritas, on 18 May 2017 - 07:51 PM, said:

I'm afraid I don't really get what the point is.

Err what's so hard to get? There's nothing wrong for a person to play a game to fulfill accomplishments. One of these are clearing the most difficult content. If playing a lousy class is obstructing that goal, what's wrong with changing class for success?

#38 Veritas

Veritas

• Members
  • 10242 posts
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:59 PM

View PostXenocho, on 18 May 2017 - 07:55 PM, said:

Err what's so hard to get? There's nothing wrong for a person to play a game to fulfill accomplishments. One of these are clearing the most difficult content. If playing a lousy class is obstructing that goal, what's wrong with changing class for success?
Perhaps the moment hoaxes and/or widespread discrimination kicks in?

#39 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:02 PM

View PostVeritas, on 18 May 2017 - 07:59 PM, said:

Perhaps the moment hoaxes and/or widespread discrimination kicks in?

I'm not sure what is your point. Are you against people achieving their goals because you feel it will create discrimination and recommend that these people should stay in shallow waters and spend their days in DN feeling disgruntled? Do not say "they can find something else to do," as this would be trying to dictate their purpose of playing just to suit your philosophies.

And you have not rebutted any of the points I have mentioned regarding people playing lousy classes to suit this philosophy but end up with a horrible gaming experience.

Please go through that as I did take the liberty of typing that very long text on my phone and it was quite tedious ^^

Edited by Xenocho, 18 May 2017 - 08:03 PM.

#40 Veritas

Veritas

• Members
  • 10242 posts
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:04 PM

View PostXenocho, on 18 May 2017 - 08:02 PM, said:

I'm not sure what is your point. Are you against people achieving their goals because you feel it will create discrimination and recommend that these people should stay in shallow waters and spend their days in DN feeling disgruntled? Do not say "they can find something else to do," as this would be trying to dictate their purpose of playing just to suit your philosophies.

And you have not rebutted any of the points I have mentioned regarding people playing lousy classes to suit this philosophy but end up with a horrible gaming experience.
I think it's more like... Always remember yourself and your purpose. Do not let that blind you in the endless pursuit of power.