• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 zsxa4

zsxa4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:53 AM

i am thinking of coming back to DN. are ruinas still good on pve? what are the changes in pvp?
is machina worth investing my time in?
i used to be a ruina player in gw/ww named iSylphin. i left DN last september due to my health problems and pc issues. and if you guys can give me a link to a page that shows the changes on machinas that would be highly appreciated

#2 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:24 AM

The difficulty rating of ruina went up after changes which may or may not be easy to adapt to, depending on the playstyle you've adapted to prior to this. There is a thread in machina forums that discuss revamp changes please check there. As for worth it or not, the damage from these two classes are good but inferior to top tier dos classes. This may be due to Agi class limitations on stats like crit damage, or there is none sufficiently piloted or geared to be outstanding as a very strong ruina.

In any case, play it if you love it but don't expect too much. If you wanna remain relevant to pub parties, don't play a ruina. High chance they will not accept you. To resolve that, find a guild who will be willing to accept you for the class you enjoy playing. Most guilds do if I recall.

The above is all for pve only. I have no say in pvp. Have a good day.

#3 PawHammer

PawHammer

• 1185 posts
  • PawMimi
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Dreamfarer

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:25 AM

Hi there, and welcome back! Since September, there has been a major revamp in both machinas, Defensio and Ruina, which got rid of the problem that getting debuffed was by removing most of the active part of overboost and adding it into the first class mastery, so now your overboost is more like an "extra" that you can actually restore in a passive way by gathering steam (it refreshes automatically).

I am no ruina player, but I know that they got a very interesting mechanic where gear steps reduce the cooldown of your main skills, and that their FD buff is now stronger than it used to be.

So in short, yes, Ruina is stronger than it was before and so is Defensio, her damage being slightly below Ruina's (but with more utility). There's some interesting things you can check out that were discussed in this thread here: http://forum.cherryc...balancing-news/

As for pvp, based on testimonials (because I do not play a lot of it), machinas are good in 1v1 encounters against melee classes, Defensio being superior to Ruina thanks to her taunting blow and repair skills, although ruina still packs quite the punch (pardon the pun). I'd say that their weakness are things that stop you from moving (aka freeze or timestop) or anything that stays out of your range, basically.

#4 Agent3554

Agent3554

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • In my Signature
  • "Ruina" Guild

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:38 PM

PawHammer, I'm a big fan of Ruina xd