47 replies to this topic

#1 polize

polize

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 08:37 PM

I heard that 95 cap is coming,
but judging by the game current quality its been downgraded too much to the point bugs are common, theres alot of promo on going,and, fishy events.

I was here to check monthly status after recently hearing that All of my past team already quit.
Despite having tons of cash items,genesis,and perhaps latest Legendary?

I'll make a controversial question,
Why you guys even here despite the game status?
No other games that offer same experiences?
Perhaps Not a fan of single player games or competitive balanced mmos?
Does it really worth to spent every single cent and Times for the game that has been going for years with neglecting state?

Pardon me if i did ever offense you but they should've closed this game and make a sequel of it instead milking every single cent from the player.

I dont force you to quit or how to live your life, but sometimes i dont want to see people regret the path they're taking and ended up being depressed after the game closes before finding something that can replace it.
Game is a hobby, but sometimes its an act of a replacement in real life issues.

Well i cant complain much, either way getting for different opinion is quite common these days.

I dont even know why Addison Kang still posting something about DN even though he already quit from development team.
Maybe deep in his heart, he still concerned about dn, he tried to make abit of advertisement to see if it can save or attract new player.
As it looks like someone who quit, but still keep in touch to the game. To see how it turned out later if theres a slight hope for comeback.

#2 Riuga

Riuga

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 883 posts
  • iRiuga
  • DN, Holywood
  • Programmers

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:04 PM

To be honest, I've been through several MMO shutdowns over the years. I developed this mindset of having nothing attached to the MMOs I play and, quite honestly, I don't care if Dragon Nest shuts down within the next three hours or so. I have absolutely no regrets.

Why you guys even here despite the game status?

Raids, more or less.

No other games that offer same experiences?

There's nothing quite like a Dragon Nest raid, so I would say no.

Perhaps Not a fan of single player games or competitive balanced mmos?

Yes, I am not really a fan of them.

Does it really worth to spent every single cent and Times for the game that has been going for years with neglecting state?

I haven't topped up for at least a year, and even then I've probably spent about $25 or less since 2015 up until now. The times spent practicing and clearing raids aren't really wasted for various reasons. Just to be clear, I do not waste my time on boring and meaningless areas of the game. In fact, I only log in for recruitment purposes and weekly raids. That amounts to roughly 3 or 4 hours a week spent on this game.

Edited by Riuga, 14 June 2017 - 09:13 PM.

#3 levii22

levii22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:10 PM

Returning player here and I agree 100%. I can't help but compare the stellar service of Blizzard regarding overwatch regarding hotfixes for bugs and quick patch of balance updates (ie. Bastion buff). Instead, they give a barrage of promotional events for cash spenders like, do you really do this for game improvements or are you just milking players before the death of DN?

What I don't get since day 1 of Dragon Nest (24 cap player here) is that, F2P model is supposed to gain more money than P2P given they have cash shop and whatnot (and there are promos etc), and they still can't solve the bugs QUICKLY. Quality is the issue here. Also, my mind is really messed up right now due to frustation but I hope you are getting what I'm trying to say.

Like, if you need money to maintain something that you can't even maintain, then I think it's better to just shutdown and focus your resources (or manpower) to some other game.

Edit: I forgot to mention that their servers currently suck. I can't even play a smooth game of pvp even though I have 50ms ping in AMERICAS server of Overwatch. Even solo PvE isn't smooth.

Edited by levii22, 14 June 2017 - 09:13 PM.

#4 XxXh0lic

XxXh0lic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1125 posts
  • OverNeko, Hikariful
  • DN, Westwood
  • ColosseumKnight

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:19 PM

I've witnessed several MMORPGs dying and it hurts every time because you grow attached to them. Khan Online, Flyff PH (my personal favorite), Rakion, MU, Cabal and more. I've seen these games fade and they were truly special to me but Dragon Nest is probably the one that I'm gonna be depressed with for a long long time. I'm just holding on for as long as this game stands because I love the gameplay so much. The mechanics, the battle system, PvP... so far DN is the only game I've played with such unique features. Despite my complaints about balancing, I still genuinely enjoy playing DN. There's no questioning the fact that DN is headed to a downwards spiral. Plagued with bugs, decreasing number of players, disconnection and lag issues and its blatant milking of players' money. I do hate DN for that and I've already accepted the fact that it's going to die eventually with the current state of the game but nevertheless, I'm still here so I guess you can call it tough love. I even went on hiatus during 50 cap and played some other games during that time but I keep coming back to DN now matter how many times I "quit."

I did try some other games recently like Revelation Online. My friends recommended it to me saying it's gameplay is closer to DN (Naah, it's still your typical click and pew pew MMORPG. Kritika maybe is more similar) but not even a week of playing, I already quit and uninstalled it and went back playing DN. I'm probably gonna stick with it until they finally give a notice saying the game will now permanently shut down and that will probably be the day I'm gonna be filled with endless sorrow.

Edited by XxXh0lic, 14 June 2017 - 09:32 PM.

#5 NateLawlet

NateLawlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:31 PM

I've seen questions like this every once in a while.

Personally, I don't plan to invest too much into the PVE aspect of the game. I do run nest every once in a while, but just enough to help me level and try other class. Once I reach the level cap, I stayed in colosseum most of the time, not bothering to farm medal/colo exp (since people tend to avoid fighting high rank in 1v1)

There aren't many mmorpg games that provide unrestricted and dynamic control like DN. Even the likes of DotA and WoW does not give much freedom in the actual gameplay. I believe this is the main reason why people play DN in the first place.

Everything went downhill because developers wanted to provide a large selection of class to play. Because of the ridiculous amount of class in the game, it's exceptionally hard to balance them in a way that not a single one of them is overpowered or underpowered. It doesn't matter whether you play the strongest char in current meta, because there's a possibility of being nerfed again in the near future. It happened many times before, and it can happen again.

CC got their own employees too, not to mention that they need money in order to implement the newest patch of KDN. Although their cash events are becoming more and more abundant, it won't  be much of a problem if they know why people are becoming reluctant to spend in this game.

Because they adjusted the price of cash items based on the economy of Singapore, the most developed country in SEA.

Had they adjusted the price by considering other, less developed countries (make it cheaper), they would definitely gain a lot more customers (and players). Their blunder with the former Blitzwood server is proof that they don't really know (or possibly don't even care) what the players are thinking. Greedy players made multiple accounts to rake in large profit with event reward, and CC mistook it for increasing player base. Lo and behold, a dead server with barely any player, TH item or gold.

We cannot persuade you to stay or just leave. It'd be much better if you judge it for yourself whether to return for cap 95 (by all means, check the forum for the upcoming contents) or move on with your life and find something better to do.

Edited by NateLawlet, 14 June 2017 - 09:43 PM.

#6 DyingKid

DyingKid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:38 PM

hmmm,,,well...I think after 60 cap, all nests, dungeons, character class, etc are being recycled. (Correct me if im wrong). With this, anyone can sense that there is already no real development and innovations to this game anymore. Maybe the devs are ready to close it and they are just waiting until no one would bite their cash events, frequent promotions, etc. But that is only my personal opinion. Who knows what are they thinking and plans to this game. With the upcoming 95 cap (think most staff still recycled), they will succeed in attracting more players. AFter all, it is their basis of risking their investments to make a real innovations to this game.

#7 FirePhoenix

FirePhoenix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3650 posts
  • zArAthena/zArSuika
  • DN, Holywood
  • VongolaVN

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:59 PM

If the DN SEA shut down tomorrow, I don't have any regret. I invested a lot of money, time and effort into this game, but all these resource is worth it. I already get what I want from the game. I had a lot of happy moment, meet many good friends, got a lot of achievements. So even if the server is closed, I just move on without any hard feeling. Focus my free time and effort for other online stuffs or real life stuff.

Despite all of your claim, SEA population is still high and still at it healthy state. Too many complains, but I find most of those are non-sense or trivial stuff.
- Complain about event: too many CC spending event? I don't find anything wrong with that. If anything, it is most of spending reward is not worth. And we still get good non-spending events. Like now we have "Berlin enhancement rate up" or "Snag A Slew Of Cool Gifts When You Login"
- Bug: yes, there are a lot of bug. But there is not a single bug which make the game unplayable, or significant make you less enjoy the game.
- Recycle: isn't common for online game? For those revamp nest like "Deep Sea dragon nest" have a very fresh feeling compare to the old one.
- Balance: class balance situation now is very good, especially when compare to like cap 80. The gap between different DPS tier is not much like before and can be easily fill by a slightly higher gear.
I feel like DN SEA players are too pessimistic, always complain this, complain that. Meanwhile, I played DN from cap 40, and always can find a way to enjoy the game since then.

Edited by FirePhoenix, 14 June 2017 - 10:00 PM.

#8 Lunch

Lunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Frazle, etc
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:09 PM

I fail to comprehend DN’s flaws objectively because I’m in love with the game(love is blind)

My 2 bestfriends introduced it to me but sadly the other one already quit. But back then we had a really great time appreciating everything about the game. Its unique playstyle, the world, the story, the classes, the skills, the pvp, heck even the music. We enjoy each moment that we spend in playing DN and the talks bout it we have after.

i guess one of the main reasons I still love DN now is because my partner still does too. And I think that this will cause us to keep hanging on the game until it dies, whatever most of DN community deems imperfections we run into along the way.

#9 Vhanzy

Vhanzy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1021 posts
  • KuroHana
  • DN, Springwood
  • No Guild

Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:15 PM

I played many mmos and DN is the only mmo I've played that I will witness its inevitable death.
no other mmos made me stay long enough to care I still played DN even though my friends irl and in game have
already move on.

its combat system alone is enough for me to keep playing or coming back
from time to time just to relieve that feeling of playing DN for the very first time

Edited by Vhanzy, 14 June 2017 - 11:08 PM.

#10 WitWiwWako2

WitWiwWako2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4870 posts
  • LoveKitkat/WarSabrina
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:23 PM

View Postlevii22, on 14 June 2017 - 09:10 PM, said:

Returning player here and I agree 100%. I can't help but compare the stellar service of Blizzard regarding overwatch regarding hotfixes for bugs and quick patch of balance updates (ie. Bastion buff). Instead, they give a barrage of promotional events for cash spenders like, do you really do this for game improvements or are you just milking players before the death of DN?

What I don't get since day 1 of Dragon Nest (24 cap player here) is that, F2P model is supposed to gain more money than P2P given they have cash shop and whatnot (and there are promos etc), and they still can't solve the bugs QUICKLY. Quality is the issue here. Also, my mind is really messed up right now due to frustation but I hope you are getting what I'm trying to say.

Like, if you need money to maintain something that you can't even maintain, then I think it's better to just shutdown and focus your resources (or manpower) to some other game.

Edit: I forgot to mention that their servers currently suck. I can't even play a smooth game of pvp even though I have 50ms ping in AMERICAS server of Overwatch. Even solo PvE isn't smooth.
I'd agree with Blizzard's amazing customer service. When I had problems with my Starcraft II installer, Blizzard gave me a solution to my problem in just a matter of hours after sending them a message online and that was during the weekend. I like the way Blizzard manages their customer service wherein if the first guy can't help you, they pass you to another guy who is on a different field of expertise(hardware, software, etc.) from the first guy. They work fast and know how to divide their work.

#11 levii22

levii22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:43 PM

View PostWitWiwWako2, on 14 June 2017 - 10:23 PM, said:

I'd agree with Blizzard's amazing customer service. When I had problems with my Starcraft II installer, Blizzard gave me a solution to my problem in just a matter of hours after sending them a message online and that was during the weekend. I like the way Blizzard manages their customer service wherein if the first guy can't help you, they pass you to another guy who is on a different field of expertise(hardware, software, etc.) from the first guy. They work fast and know how to divide their work.

Indeed, they're even P2P model which as far as I know is not AS profitable from cash shopped F2P. Some people just live for the money I guess.

Edited by levii22, 14 June 2017 - 10:43 PM.

#12 WitWiwWako2

WitWiwWako2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4870 posts
  • LoveKitkat/WarSabrina
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:56 PM

View Postlevii22, on 14 June 2017 - 10:43 PM, said:

Indeed, they're even P2P model which as far as I know is not AS profitable from cash shopped F2P. Some people just live for the money I guess.
P2P model but they make up for it with excellent customer service and amazing gaming experience. It also helps that they were able to establish themselves firmly early on in the gaming industry hence why they are so successful now.

#13 levii22

levii22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:04 PM

View PostWitWiwWako2, on 14 June 2017 - 10:56 PM, said:

P2P model but they make up for it with excellent customer service and amazing gaming experience. It also helps that they were able to establish themselves firmly early on in the gaming industry hence why they are so successful now.

Yeah, but there are research that F2P models (that offers cashgrabe possibilties) have more profit than 'buy the game' games. Also, Dragon nest had 2 good years (even though you could already see the cashgrabbing), to build a reputation but instead chose to destroy it.

#14 sngweiwei

sngweiwei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts
  • LiBrasta
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:05 PM

Posted Image MOM, DN IS DYING! Posted Image

Several caps later...

Posted Image MOM, DN IS DYING! Posted Image

The game's been going on for several years already. Its got a good run.

If it dies, whatever. Had my bit of fun, good enough.

Why write so much, when all you need to write is, "Dude, why are you still here, DN is dying!"

Edited by sngweiwei, 14 June 2017 - 11:10 PM.

#15 Nihilism

Nihilism

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:11 PM

Yeah, a lot of peeps feels that but we all keep playing dn even though we know that it will end someday. Just like any other game dn is a normal game after all. It can be fun, it will etch memories into us such as it could even be one of our childhood memories.
Ofc just like any other games dn is dying. Although many of us know that we still put it in the back of our minds and keep on telling inside ourselves "this will still last I can still play this".
Personally I really love dn it's been my friend, my burden, my memories, and my ally all at the same time. There are times where I hate dn,rage at dn, and love dn. These little things is what makes dn really precious to me. Besides imo dn has it's unique fighting style which really captures my heart. (similar to kritika I guess)

#16 Nihilism

Nihilism

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:19 PM

Nevertheless I still think that the population in dn is VERY high (yes come at me)

#17 soulcrush

soulcrush

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts
  • ?????
  • DN, Westwood
  • ?????

Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:46 PM

Aside from Cherry Credits amplifying the demise of DN in SEA server ever since Kang left. For me though there's literally no other games similar to DN yet(not even a clone) like the thrill of killing the dragon for months with your teammates.

I like innovative games and I don't get addicted to an mmorpg if it' gameplay degrades from the new trending one.
Here's the evolution of the games I get addicted

Ragnarok Online(1999) - click and skill
Flyff - 3D,click and skil, free moving
Dragon Nest - 3D, Free moving, skill in front, and jump has a lot of uses already.

So probably, the next game I might get addicted should be like DN + RO + (maybe open world).

Seriously, I think they have wasted the evolution of this game. Feels like they are experimenting on the communities rather than test it on their own or not even theoretically calculate many things which leads to years of class discrimination.

This game is so unforgiving if you don't do something about the reality of the game. By meaning reality, before the 90 cap, class discrimination and obviously gear. Plus the economy is very good before but of course you need a consistent convenient party in order to clear every nest and get a lot of gold when the new nest arrives.

But now, even though class discrimination got reduced a lot. The economy sucks and it feels like if I'm a new comer I'm going to spend so much time investing in this game than before to gear my main character and it is still not enough. And no matter what you say about the legend grade equips, the comparison of the legend grade vs the unique equips the gap is just too high too high too freaking high.

Open spoiler if you want some pointless rant
Spoiler

In pvp side tho, FLY FLY FLY. But seriously though, I just hate pvp.  

I want to say many more things but I think I'm just going to ramble more unthoughtful crap which is not helpful and more on CC side than on the game itself.

#18 FirePhoenix

FirePhoenix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3650 posts
  • zArAthena/zArSuika
  • DN, Holywood
  • VongolaVN

Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:55 PM

Seeing world chat flood with enhancement announcement. Yes, DN SEA is dying. DN population is low.
Posted Image

#19 levii22

levii22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:32 AM

The original post didn't really mention anything about DN dying though...

#20 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3231 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:35 AM

View Postlevii22, on 15 June 2017 - 12:32 AM, said:

The original post didn't really mention anything about DN dying though...

This is a typical "DN is dying, why are you still here" post. The TS just used a fancy and polite way of discussing the issue