Aethilius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Kayozaki
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:03 PM

Xenocho, on 05 July 2017 - 08:53 PM, said:

The stats missing you refer to are from the hero level. At cap FD when you -350 FD (From Hero Lvl 70), your FD drops from 100% to 90%. However the actual loss in damage is only 5%. I seriously doubt people can start failing Rune HC because of this and I will stand to this claim until someone can prove me wrong.

Glitches for RuDN HC timer irrelevant is mainly abused for extremely weak parties or parties that have members dead early on and will be unable to complete in timing (e.g. DPS chars dying in S1-S3). I seriously doubt people begin resorting to this due to the loss of stats from Hero level.

I'm not saying CC is correct or anything like that in this matter. I believe these contents released are meant to be part of the 95 cap. This is evident from how the Hero Level reads Lv 95 as the max level condition to apply the bonus stats, while we are actually still in the 93 cap. However, CC chose to modify content to delay 95 patch, possibly for a bigger event next month or something.

I seriously doubt humanity is as good as you claim. But to each his own.

Edited by Aethilius, 05 July 2017 - 09:04 PM.

#22 Jeugal

Jeugal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Jeugal
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Ambition

Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:24 PM

They are very fast in fixing bugs when its related to cash item like last time's x100 abyss weapon coupon bug from gacha.. I understand how long/short it takes to plot and remove a bug but it's another story if its taking months..

#23 xEquation

xEquation

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5933 posts
  • PepperPoke | EonKreuz
  • DN, Holywood
  • Phyrexians | Treadstone

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:09 PM

I think cash shop fixes can be quickly done because (aside from financial benefits) it does not get in the way of the game codes... maybe its easier to pin point too?

Meanwhile game bugs, with ppl saying the game's using spaghetti coding might be a little tricky to fix

#24 StefSan

StefSan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3754 posts
  • NasagiChan
  • DN, Greenwood
  • KokoCrunch

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:54 AM

xEquation, on 05 July 2017 - 10:09 PM, said:

I think cash shop fixes can be quickly done because (aside from financial benefits) it does not get in the way of the game codes... maybe its easier to pin point too?

Meanwhile game bugs, with ppl saying the game's using spaghetti coding might be a little tricky to fix

and here comes the next question

WHY in SEA?
i mean.. cDN, jDn, and others got also the same patch (but same content as kDN except a few little extras)
and... no bugs..beside the known bug from KDN itself and here and there some small little bugs (which got fix quiet fast)
but here... we got bugs like,... what?

#25 xEquation

xEquation

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5933 posts
  • PepperPoke | EonKreuz
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 06 July 2017 - 11:08 AM

well u do know even a singe character missing in codes can affect everything right? it will probably take time to find something like that

and given that only SEA uses roman alphabets out of the 3, there are probably some code written in chinese or korean that doesn show in our text encoding and its gonna take some work to figure that out

#26 Riuga

Riuga

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 933 posts
  • iRiuga
  • DN, Holywood
  • Programmers

Posted 06 July 2017 - 11:57 AM

xEquation, on 06 July 2017 - 11:08 AM, said:

well u do know even a singe character missing in codes can affect everything right? it will probably take time to find something like that

and given that only SEA uses roman alphabets out of the 3, there are probably some code written in chinese or korean that doesn show in our text encoding and its gonna take some work to figure that out

No... their code is in English as can be based off of error messages and logged functions. I wouldn't necessarily say "a single character missing", either. Variable, constant, and function names are usually full words, not single characters. A typo of a single character would result in a compiler error, so they will know about it. Putting in the wrong numbers and values are completely different, however. You can leave out a crucial '0' and the compiler will not yell errors since it does not know what value you intended to put in. C++14 introduced separation of values via a ' symbol. So now instead of 10000000, you can write 10'000'000. It is much harder to make mistakes like this. The question here is if the crusty old programmers over at ED have adopted this change for the better.

Edited by Riuga, 06 July 2017 - 12:04 PM.

#27 xEquation

xEquation

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5933 posts
  • PepperPoke | EonKreuz
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:49 PM

Riuga, on 06 July 2017 - 11:57 AM, said:

No... their code is in English as can be based off of error messages and logged functions. I wouldn't necessarily say "a single character missing", either. Variable, constant, and function names are usually full words, not single characters. A typo of a single character would result in a compiler error, so they will know about it. Putting in the wrong numbers and values are completely different, however. You can leave out a crucial '0' and the compiler will not yell errors since it does not know what value you intended to put in. C++14 introduced separation of values via a ' symbol. So now instead of 10000000, you can write 10'000'000. It is much harder to make mistakes like this. The question here is if the crusty old programmers over at ED have adopted this change for the better.

thank you for the explanation. ive only learned the basic one they had us do in college, and ive forgotten most of the stuff lol

however i also hate the part with only certain classes gets fixed/nerfed (when their favourites cant handle it) really quick, obvious favoritism there.... hope the guardian bugs will get fixed soon too...

#28 Shune

Shune

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:46 PM

The problem here is not the game but the people managing behind it.
they are too lazy to assign a certain type of language to use on the dubs on cutscenes and npc in DN SEA, look at DN EU, CDN, JDN and KDN they all have their own dubs and such but us? we only have to stick with both mixed english and korean dubs, even our characters are dubbed with korean voice actors but when you go to a cutscene, its in english! what the hell?!

I think the problem here is that the people managing the game are even too lazy to do some effort to sort things out, or they just dont know what to do on how to fix the problem, please tell us the details if you can fix it or not because if you are still figuring out how to fix it, it should be fixed a long time ago, but no they keep saying they are still figuring out how to fix the bugs like on the bugs on Guardian Skill such as Awakened armor break and Divine Vengeance, its been a long time since that bug existed in the game yet there has been a lot of maintenance happened, patches and such and still no fix and their answer is: We are still figuring it out/ our tech team is trying to fix the problem, whaaaaaat???!!!

This what happens when you hire people who are eager to earn the money but isn't eager to do a great job.
i know that im bad mouthing them or what ever it is but isn't it true? since the management in CC has changed, the game also drastically dropped from being good to bad, then to worst. now server merge is on the verge of breaking the economy of the TH how am i suppose to stay calm about this?

come on please prioritize all the previous problems and issues first before adding up another problem to the game! bug fix first before the server merge! maybe save it for next month and fix all the bugs! (problem is they cant even fix it because they are still figuring it out on how to fix it)

#29 xEquation

xEquation

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5933 posts
  • PepperPoke | EonKreuz
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:55 PM

my guess is they are trying to fix things themselves, asians can be geniused sometimes to face their own inability and too embarassed to seek help

like maybe - CC is trying to look good to Shanda and ED and said "everything is fine.." instead of honestly confess "we have some problems here, we need help.." kind of mentality, typically found with boot licking employees

#30 Riuga

Riuga

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 933 posts
  • iRiuga
  • DN, Holywood
  • Programmers

Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:04 PM

xEquation, on 06 July 2017 - 01:55 PM, said:

my guess is they are trying to fix things themselves, asians can be geniused sometimes to face their own inability and too embarassed to seek help.

This is why I'm running for developer. If you look at Eyedentity's "Our People" page, the employees are made to describe what the word "game" means to them. Everyone had a positive description of the word, except the Senior Programmer. His stood out like a sore thumb for saying "[Games is] a way to make ends meet". Sorry, but ED can't be serious about having such an unmotivated Senior Programmer on the team. Additionally, I counted only 6~8 programmers in the entire list. They are severely undermanned for a project on the scale of DN.

Edited by Riuga, 06 July 2017 - 02:07 PM.

#31 ReyZha7

ReyZha7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts
  • ReyZha7
  • DN, Holywood
  • Skullers

Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:11 PM

Shune, on 06 July 2017 - 01:46 PM, said:

The problem here is not the game but the people managing behind it.
they are too lazy to assign a certain type of language to use on the dubs on cutscenes and npc in DN SEA, look at DN EU, CDN, JDN and KDN they all have their own dubs and such but us? we only have to stick with both mixed english and korean dubs, even our characters are dubbed with korean voice actors but when you go to a cutscene, its in english! what the hell?!

i only highlighted this cz for the rest i kinda agree with you..(my guardian... (T.T)  )

if you want some English dub you can try take the DN NA voice pack and see for yourself

Edited by ReyZha7, 06 July 2017 - 02:17 PM.

#32 xEquation

xEquation

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5933 posts
  • PepperPoke | EonKreuz
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:15 PM

only the pre-32 cutscenes are still in english, and i actually preferred they replaced those back with the original korean dub

#33 Jeugal

Jeugal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Jeugal
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Ambition

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:27 PM

ReyZha7, on 06 July 2017 - 02:11 PM, said:

if you want some English dub you can try take the DN NA voice pack and see for yourself

(puke) (puke) (puke) (puke) (puke)  especially that MBD final slash...

Edited by Jeugal, 06 July 2017 - 05:27 PM.

#34 dragonnest247

dragonnest247

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Beowulf247
  • DN, Holywood
  • EasyGoLuck

Posted 07 July 2017 - 07:48 AM

Please provide your customers/players more information:
We need info such as

1.) Tentative date the bugs will be fixed
2.) Steps that have been done to resolve the issue
3.) Compensation for the inconvenience caused

*Please provide the consumers daily updates

Thank you!

#35 XxXh0lic

XxXh0lic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1152 posts
  • OverNeko, Hikariful
  • DN, Westwood
  • ColosseumKnight

Posted 07 July 2017 - 10:25 AM

God, they should put more effort into Silver Hunter's bugs. It's been there since forever and they're not making any effort to fix it.

#36 Riuga

Riuga

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 933 posts
  • iRiuga
  • DN, Holywood
  • Programmers

Posted 07 July 2017 - 11:42 AM

View Postdragonnest247, on 07 July 2017 - 07:48 AM, said:

Please provide your customers/players more information:
We need info such as

1.) Tentative date the bugs will be fixed
2.) Steps that have been done to resolve the issue
3.) Compensation for the inconvenience caused

*Please provide the consumers daily updates

Thank you!

Your first two points are a part of my campaign platform. Please consider signing my campaign so that I may become a Dragon Nest developer, fix bugs in a timely manner, and actually communicate with the community regarding the causes and potential fixes.

#37 Ameron

Ameron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1778 posts
  • Ameron
  • DN, Westwood
  • One

Posted 07 July 2017 - 12:55 PM

FIX BUGS OR RIOT! but seriously though, if you keep this up, players will go away. My friends keep quitting one by one, and I'm still considering whether this game is worth it or not.

#38 LoveStage

LoveStage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1264 posts
  • Guild : Perfect
  • DN, Springwood
  • IGN : MerongJi

Posted 08 July 2017 - 08:58 PM

any updates on the missing stat for hero level?

#39 Lenxac

Lenxac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 10:06 PM

For anyone who missed it. I think there's a post somewhere about cannot making chronicle. The post said (screenshot of chats), it wasnt a bug, you need to be inactive for 1 day (I tried 25 hrs, and it works) before you can create it.

#40 BlazingSkies

BlazingSkies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1149 posts
  • Blazenblue
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Hegemony (Springwood-Original)

Posted 08 July 2017 - 10:22 PM

Lenxac, on 08 July 2017 - 10:06 PM, said:

For anyone who missed it. I think there's a post somewhere about cannot making chronicle. The post said (screenshot of chats), it wasnt a bug, you need to be inactive for 1 day (I tried 25 hrs, and it works) before you can create it.
Yes , it's ady written in this thread.

YoongEunnie, on 04 July 2017 - 06:37 PM, said:

With regards to the Chronicle character creation issue, we have just gotten confirmation from the developers that it only applies to players who have been inactive for more than 1 day.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.