• PipPip
  • 970 posts
  • iRiuga
  • DN, Holywood
  • Programmers

Posted 04 July 2017 - 09:43 PM

Riuga's Developer Campaign

Posted Image

Founded on the 4th of July, 2017 (Independence Day).

This may one day also be known as "Independence from Eyedentity (for bug fixes) Day".

Update #1 on 7/5/2017

Thank you for your continuous rain of support. An Eyedentity GM from the NA server has personally forwarded both my email and this thread to the higher-ups over at Eyedentity. I cannot thank this GM enough. What this means is that your support is actually being heard and seen by Eyedentity. We're going strong as it is, and the wheel must keep turning. I am still seeking CC's backing as it stands. Once that is secured, this campaign will most likely achieve its goal.

Update #2 on 7/5/2017

We've just hit our first milestone of 50 signatures! We need to keep this energy going. Our next milestone will be 75 signatures. Additionally, PawHammer has forwarded this thread to his powers-that-be over at Cherry Credits in an attempt to get their backing behind his campaign. We're going strong as it is. Let's hit our next milestone in record time!

Update #3 on 7/6/2017

SkitzoRoy has graciously posted a thread over on the DN NA forums in order to garner support and signatures from the NA community. I will be including all NA signatures in the initial post of this thread, and will answer any questions and concerns the NA community may have regarding this campaign. Additionally, as a result of SkitzoRoy's thread, Eyedentity will be reminded of this campaign every time they check the NA forums. This is a bold and crucial step forward. I would like to thank SkitzoRoy for his contributions.

Update #4 on 7/6/2017

And with that, we've just achieved our second milestone of 75 signatures. Let's aim for the whopping goal of 100 signatures next! That should be a real wake-up call for Eyedentity. If we can get 100 signatures and CC's backing, our goal may very well be achieved. Keep pushing!

I. Preface

Greetings, fellow forumers and Dragon Nest players.

It is evident to me and to you that the state of Dragon Nest has gone severely down hill recently. I am not criticizing the lack of new content per se as I understand that there are several, non-programming-related factors to be considered before we can criticize the lack of new content. What I am criticizing, however, is Dragon Nest's ever-so-increasing plethora of bugs, and the fact that the speed at which they are fixed is becoming ever-so slow.

Last Friday, I sent Eyedentity an email in order to volunteer myself as a limited-role developer - that is, I wish to offer my services to them as a pro bono (volunteer / free of charge) general bug fixer and network security programmer. I am not asking for a say in new content, and I have told them so in very clear terms. I simply wish to make Dragon Nest playable first, and afterwards, they can determine whether or not they'd like for me to have a voice when it comes to new content. To quote directly from my email to them, without any editing whatsoever:

"To put it short: I am a man of action, and I would like to apply to the Dragon Nest development team as general bug fixer / network security programmer. I am not one to sit around, whine, and complain about the state of Dragon Nest when there is a door open for me to volunteer to help fix a part of the problem (that is, bugs, and Dragon Nest's poor network security code)."

I believe the above quote summarizes my motives very well. I consider myself a competent developer who has the experience necessary for this undertaking. I do not like the idea of sitting around and complaining about the bugs infesting this game when the door is there for me to fix them myself.

I am done waiting for Eyedentity to make the Guardian class playable again.

I am done waiting for Eyedentity to fix the 5% STR per Guardian Bubble bug.

I am done waiting for Eyedentity to fix Destroyer's VIT-to-Attack bug.

I am done waiting for Eyedentity to make time checks server-sided.

I am done waiting for Eyedentity to fix their network security code.

I am, ultimately, done waiting for Eyedentity to fix anything and everything.

I believe you are done waiting, too.

To demonstrate that I am done waiting for them to fix things, I recently wrote a legal work-around program for client-side time checks. If I can write a legal work-around that is separate from the client itself, surely I am capable of fixing some bugs inside the client itself. I've even written several raid mechanic simulators in the past, proving that I can reprogram raid and nest mechanics, which should in turn prove, at least to some extent, that I am able to fix raid and nest-related bugs, and that I truly take an interest in Dragon Nest-related programming.

I am calling for your help. We need to let Eyedentity know that we are done waiting for them to fix things - some of them as simple as changing a few constants. Change needs to happen, and it needs to happen now and from the inside (that is, Eyedentity, and the code itself).

I have been a humble Dragon Nest player for 4 whole years. You can check my forum account's "join" date, in fact. It will say June 2013. In my time, I've played the game in such a way that even the little man can relate to. I've probably topped up less than $200 in those four years - most of it was from my first year, in fact. As for the past two years, I've probably topped up less than $30. In no way am I a "rich" person seeking to become even more powerful by becoming a developer. I am wishing to become a Dragon Nest developer solely for the sake of the community. You deserve better, and I am asking for your support in my developer campaign. Together, we can eliminate the bugs infesting Dragon Nest and make it enjoyable again.

II. How You Can Support

This is a grassroots developer campaign. I am using the sheer voice of the Dragon Nest community across the English-speaking servers (NA, EU, and SEA) in order to convince Eyedentity that they should let me take a crack at fixing things. I've already garnered quite a sizable amount of support from the DN SEA Discord community, and I am now also seeking support from those who are not a part of the DN SEA Discord community.

Additionally, I am seeking support from Cherry Credits themselves as I believe that I have demonstrated that I am capable of working with them (specifically, Mantou) for issues such as network security and bugs. I understand that Cherry Credits are not the ones at fault for the problems Dragon Nest is facing these days, and that they must be equally as frustrated as we, the players, are. I hope that my limited relationship with them thus far can win their support, as my campaign will only help them in the end.

This is primarily a signatures-based campaign. I need your signature on this thread in order to show that you approve of me becoming a Dragon Nest developer in order to make this game a better place for you and your buddies. If the heavens will it, Eyedentity will catch on to the amount of support this campaign is getting from the community, and the campaign will achieve its goal (me becoming a limited-role Dragon Nest developer).

The official form for a signature is:

I, [Insert your forum name here], wish for Riuga to become a limited-role Dragon Nest developer so that he may take a shot at fixing the bugs infesting this game and tighten up its network security code.

To summarize, you can support this campaign by:

1) Posting the above signature onto this thread (and perhaps give this initial post a like, but that's up to you).

2) Spreading the word, even to other English-speaking servers, so that more people will catch on to this and voice their support.

3) Writing to Eyedentity yourself, convincing them of why they should let me take a crack at being a developer.

III. The Campaign Platform

The following statements comprise my campaign platform. These are the primary goals I wish to achieve and policies I wish to implement should I become a Dragon Nest developer.

1) I will personally monitor SEA's, NA's, and EU's bug report sub-forums in order to identify and begin fixing bugs in a timely manner.

2) I will post regular updates as to the current state of bugs that are still being fixed.

3) I will maintain a policy of transparency regarding bug fixes. If a bug is going to take a while to fix, or if something unexpected happens or is discovered regarding the code, I will not sugarcoat it and will give you honest updates regarding the situation.

4) I will tighten up and fix Dragon Nest's rather poor network security code. No longer will you have to live in fear of packet sniffers and replay attacks.

5) I will work with Xian in order to fix the list of exploits he has discovered regarding Dragon Nest. I will not cooperate any further than this, however, as I do not support gold-selling.

6) Fixing the Guardian bug, the Destroyer bug, and the current Hero Stats bug will be top priorities once I become a Dragon Nest developer.

Going into the future, I hope that Eyedentity will expand my roles and that, hopefully, I may have a voice in new content as I've been playing this game long enough to obtain a Bachelor's in Dragon Nest, if there were such a thing.

IV. Signature Count

Current Signature Count: 147

(Next Milestone: 50 signatures) Achieved!

(Next Milestone: 75 signatures) Achieved!

(Next Milestone: 100 signatures) Achieved!

(Next Milestone: 128 signatures) Achieved!

(Next Milestone: 150 signatures)

List of Signees

Spoiler

V. Q&A

You are free to ask me anything below regarding this campaign. I've listed several common questions and concerns below to get things started.

Spoiler

Edited by Riuga, 19 July 2017 - 08:07 AM.

#2 Riuga

Riuga

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 970 posts
  • iRiuga
  • DN, Holywood
  • Programmers

Posted 04 July 2017 - 09:46 PM

Reserved.

#3 Reflector

Reflector

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1061 posts
  • TFudge/BTech/LStore
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 04 July 2017 - 09:58 PM

I, Reflector, wish for Riuga to become a limited-role Dragon Nest developer so that he may take a shot at fixing the bugs infesting this game and tighten up its network security code.

Comments: It is good that there are still people who still cares for a sinking game. This game has a lot of potential however over the years was ruined by different contents and unfocused minds. I hope the best for this endeavor of yours.

#4 Veritas

Veritas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10242 posts
  • Veri/Timortis/VerumEques
  • DN, Westwood
  • That's a story for another day.

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:03 PM

I, Veritas, wish for Riuga to become a limited-role Dragon Nest developer so that he may take a shot at fixing the bugs infesting this game and tighten up its network security code.

#5 artha

artha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • ARTHAMU
  • DN, Greenwood
  • MELODYHEART

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:07 PM

I, Artha, wish for Riuga to become a limited-role Dragon Nest developer so that he may take a shot at fixing the bugs infesting this game and tighten up its network security code.

#6 Ameron

Ameron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1795 posts
  • Ameron
  • DN, Westwood
  • One

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:13 PM

I, Ameron, wish for Riuga to become a limited-role Dragon Nest developer so that he may take a shot at fixing the bugs infesting this game and tighten up its network security code.

Also, fix Destro and Guard.

#7 Sot

Sot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2000 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:14 PM

I, Sot, wish for Riuga to become a limited-role Dragon Nest developer so that he may take a shot at fixing the bugs infesting this game and tighten up its network security code.

good luck, hopefully this doesn't get ignored

#8 kLaRo

kLaRo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Guardian
  • DN, Springwood
  • VGM-SGX

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:14 PM

I, Auxpaux, wish for Riuga to become a limited-role Dragon Nest developer so that he may take a shot at fixing the bugs infesting this game and tighten up its network security code.

#9 HouyiCupid

HouyiCupid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • JinVelvet
  • DN, Holywood
  • NEOPHOENIX

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:24 PM

I, JinVelvet, wish for Riuga to become a limited-role Dragon Nest developer so that he may take a shot at fixing the bugs infesting this game and tighten up its network security code.

In addition, ED seriously needs a Testing Center of Execellence Team as I can see that patches/updates are not being tested prior implementation in the game server. If there is, their testing team seems to be only delivers in a time driven manner while quality is getting left behind.

#10 Psyfer

Psyfer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:29 PM

I,Psyfer, wish for Riuga to become a limited-role Dragon Nest developer so that he may take a shot at fixing the bugs infesting this game and tighten up its network security code.

#11 xEquation

xEquation

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5963 posts
  • PepperPoke | EonKreuz
  • DN, Holywood
  • Phyrexians | Treadstone

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:33 PM

I, xEquation, wish for Riuga to become a limited-role Dragon Nest developer so that he may take a shot at fixing the bugs infesting this game and tighten up its network security code.

#12 nidaime2

nidaime2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts
  • Ilouminare,Ilounynare
  • DN, Holywood
  • SeaOfFlame

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:35 PM

I, Ilouminare, wish for Riuga to become a limited-role Dragon Nest developer so that he may take a shot at fixing the bugs infesting this game and tighten up its network security code.

#13 StygianArc

StygianArc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Zerastyx
  • DN, Holywood
  • Vices

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:39 PM

I, Zerastyx, wish for Riuga to become a limited-role Dragon Nest developer so that he may take a shot at fixing the bugs infesting this game and tighten up its network security code.

#14 BabyRuby

BabyRuby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:44 PM

I, SerahLight, wish for Riuga to become a limited-role Dragon Nest developer so that he may take a shot at fixing the bugs infesting this game and tighten up its network security code.

#15 escaisgod

escaisgod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:45 PM

I, escaisgod, wish for Riuga to become a limited-role Dragon Nest developer so that he may take a shot at fixing the bugs infesting this game and tighten up its network security code.

#16 Alky

Alky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Jilmon
  • DN, Greenwood
  • TheLegacy

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:52 PM

I, Alky, wish for Riuga to become a limited-role Dragon Nest developer so that he may take a shot at fixing the bugs infesting this game and tighten up its network security code.

2 months+ for fixing a bug is too long for a big game company tbh... and Riuga has proven quite much of himself in terms of programming, especially from scratch and such.

#17 AlHeretic

AlHeretic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 11:07 PM

I, AlHeretic, wish for Riuga to become a limited-role Dragon Nest developer so that he may take a shot at fixing the bugs infesting this game and tighten up its network security code.

#18 spacem

spacem

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 11:09 PM

lol Hungarian naming conventions

#19 PencilNote

PencilNote

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts
  • Grayasf
  • DN, Holywood
  • WaterPunch

Posted 04 July 2017 - 11:16 PM

View Postspacem, on 04 July 2017 - 11:09 PM, said:

lol Hungarian naming conventions
Lmao

#20 MsKaishi

MsKaishi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • XkerenX
  • DN, Springwood
  • NEOPHOENIX

Posted 04 July 2017 - 11:39 PM

I, XkerenX , wish for Riuga to become a limited-role Dragon Nest developer so that he may take a shot at fixing the bugs infesting this game and tighten up its network security code.

Every time the server is down during maintenance specially when there are new content added, players get hyped to try and test it but minutes after the game is up the excitement is replaced with disappointment and frustration when bugs and errors occur together with the snail response in fixing it or maybe ignored which leads to dissatisfaction and decreasing number of players to be honestly.