ZeroYami

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts
  • ZeroYami
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Rurouni

Posted 07 July 2017 - 01:41 AM

This is something I have brought up before, something which would require quite some time investment, but should pay off on the long run.

Currently developers are doing a lot of work on several clients (e.g. SEA, EU, and NA) developing new features, testing, and fixing bugs which all require quite a lot of time to be done. Everything is being done at least 3 times, amounting to a lot of work time that could be saved if all the clients shared the same coding.

As a result there is a lot of imbalance between the clients. And not just imbalance, but there are bugs which are gradually implemented from client to client, despite already being reported on the first implementation. For example, bugs experienced in the SEA client are often also implemented into the EU version later on, to a lot of frustration to players and bug testers.

The suggestion here is to invest time into merging the English clients together into one client, that share the same features, game terms, and so forth. As the three clients mentioned above are all around the same game patch, it should not be a big challenge on that part.

However, each of the clients contain items which may not exist of vary in other clients (e.g. different stats), so time would need to be invested into creating a database which supports all these items, but also to balance them out (giving all the items the same stats for example). This is not to say there cannot be server exclusive items for different regions, that is a simple matter of checking a box to make it available or not in the region in question, even the cash shop item prizes could vary would that be needed.

Not having to work on 3 different client codes would save the developers loads of times and give them more space to focus on fixing bugs (something often brought up and requested by many) and creating more interesting game content for the players. It should also make game management for publishers (e.g. Cherry Credits managing both SEA and EU) easier as they won't need to deal with separate knowledge and game terminology. The game patch would have to be done once, instead of multiple times, and players of the servers would all be receiving the same content updates, which I believe is great compared to always seeing another server receive something before others.

It can also fuel more interesting discussion among players and give a boost to the player community, as they will be more familiar with each others' client status, updates, classes, game items and so forth. Instead of having to report a bug multiple times, the knowledge can be combined and made more specific, making it easier for developers to gather information and fix issues more swiftly.

We've recently seen the SEA servers merge, this is not what is being suggested here. Player databases should definitely remain separate and not merge, simply because of the items players currently own, it would create an unfair advantage to mix those. Having separate databases would also enable players to easily start a new character on another server, as they would/could have access to it. On the log in screen of the client all servers/regions are displayed, the player simply selects their own server and gains access to their characters just like before. Upon selecting the server, the client connects to the game server and its data set up in the different regions. Creating this set up should be viable.

I may have forgotten a point or two, but I'm sure the general point has been made clear. If you support this idea, please give it a like, and if you have any comments, please leave them in a reply below!

#2 Hanjeli

Hanjeli

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3565 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ism

Posted 07 July 2017 - 01:51 AM

if client merged, then we can finally get rid of SEA's hideous loading screen rite? i sappork this.

and i also sappork complete merging on NA-SEA-EU huehuehue

#3 AceOfDarkness

AceOfDarkness

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • AceOfDarkness
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Moonfairy (Quit 21/07/2017)

Posted 07 July 2017 - 01:58 AM

I support this as well they could literally just add EU as Desmodeus when you log on like how SEA has green wood/springwood etc also this would benefit since they would not have to work constantly on multiple launchers all the time you could have 1 launcher that you just select your region and it changes to suit the events/design of that specific region.

#4 StefSan

StefSan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3783 posts
  • NasagiChan
  • DN, Greenwood
  • KokoCrunch

Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:09 AM

The idea is good and me support this.
Cause as you stated.. that's the big main issue CC currently has...
bugs other regions doesn't have.. SEA got.. (Guardian bug, and other bugs popped out from the latest Game Patch)

I hope something like this would be done in the future (I know it's hard doing it if something already exist for a long time..)
But keep it up.. hope you can do it.. one day. (:])

#5 ZeroYami

ZeroYami

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts
  • ZeroYami
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Rurouni

Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:14 AM

View PostAceOfDarkness, on 07 July 2017 - 01:58 AM, said:

I support this as well they could literally just add EU as Desmodeus when you log on like how SEA has green wood/springwood etc also this would benefit since they would not have to work constantly on multiple launchers all the time you could have 1 launcher that you just select your region and it changes to suit the events/design of that specific region.

Good point, as different regions/servers could be having different events or cash costumes, you should also be able to select the region on the game launcher, or it is automatically set to the last server you logged into.

#6 VarunGoku

VarunGoku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • VarunGoku
  • DN, Holywood
  • Pyxis / Mahabharat

Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:28 AM

This is really Great idea
so all English servers can get Game patch at once and catch up with Korea

Here's my small edit
Something like this ?
Posted Image

#7 elliotfaith

elliotfaith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 499 posts
  • oneons
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 07 July 2017 - 12:08 PM

(carrot)

#8 BlazingSkies

BlazingSkies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1291 posts
  • Blazenblue
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Hegemony (Springwood-Original)

Posted 07 July 2017 - 12:18 PM

You got my support for this! (:D)

#9 WitWiwWako2

WitWiwWako2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4939 posts
  • LoveKitkat/WarSabrina
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 07 July 2017 - 12:28 PM

Selecting region is nice. Just like on Blizzard's Battle.net.

#10 AceOfDarkness

AceOfDarkness

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • AceOfDarkness
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 07 July 2017 - 10:39 PM

Another idea to do would have different folder locations to make things a bit easier you could have 1 dragons nest folder then when the launcher downloads them it creates 4 separate folders for each server. This is just an example I made and it would not really effect anything since DN is an online game the player data is stored online the majority of the time.

Posted Image

Edited by AceOfDarkness, 07 July 2017 - 10:42 PM.

#11 YamiZero

YamiZero

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1444 posts
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Rurouni

Posted 08 July 2017 - 07:20 AM

View PostAceOfDarkness, on 07 July 2017 - 10:39 PM, said:

Another idea to do would have different folder locations to make things a bit easier you could have 1 dragons nest folder then when the launcher downloads them it creates 4 separate folders for each server. This is just an example I made and it would not really effect anything since DN is an online game the player data is stored online the majority of the time.

Posted Image

The client itself wouldn't require separate folders for different servers, as you stated yourself, this mostly happens online and the difference in files should be quite minimal that it could simply be put into the same folder, or a sub-folder.

#12 AceOfDarkness

AceOfDarkness

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • AceOfDarkness
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:08 AM

Really wouldn't it require the client to have all items from each server? well, I guess that's possible since they could just grab the files dump them in 1 client and have it so the server would not have items and when they wanted to make an event for certain items they could just grab them from the client files. :v (sorry for late response)