• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts
  • Grayasf
  • DN, Holywood
  • WaterPunch

Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:10 AM

View PostNimfaireza, on 13 July 2017 - 09:13 AM, said:

Oh. God don't worry, you are not the only one.
Our Guild named "HighElves" is stolen by a PH Player (a Lv45 Archer & a Sole GM/Member of our Stolen Guild Name),
and asking us to pay him 20kg+ for the disbandment of his Guild.

F*ck those people. It's a shame for fellow PH Players. :<
Oh wow.

Damn why didn't I think of that

Edited by PencilNote, 14 July 2017 - 12:11 AM.

#22 Gricia

Gricia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts
  • DN, Westwood
  • WellcomPC

Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:30 AM

Is black mailing is crime in DN? (mad)

#23 StefSan

StefSan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3783 posts
  • NasagiChan
  • DN, Greenwood
  • KokoCrunch

Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:40 AM

View PostSot, on 13 July 2017 - 08:42 PM, said:

are you being serious right now...

---

anyway iirc last time this happened, the guild masters could appeal via cherry messenger, so let's just hope CC can help again this time round.

yes.. i am serious.
They don't really need to announce it in detail that they server merge it.
Cuz like I said.. this announcement is the only one they should keep quiet a bit..
cause it will takes trouble.

it's so easy to scam certain popular guild name by just creating them on the opposit server and wait for the merging to "steal" them.

@PawHammer:
The only thing I want is... a Guild Name Change Item which allows me to use 15 characters max.
and not only 10 (since if you create a new guild. max. char limit is 15)

#24 Sot

Sot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2000 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:59 AM

View PostStefSan, on 14 July 2017 - 12:40 AM, said:

yes.. i am serious.
Cuz like I said.. this announcement is the only one they should keep quiet a bit..

it's so easy to scam certain popular guild name by just creating them on the opposit server and wait for the merging to "steal" them.
lol I don't even know where to begin with this...

well, a tldr version would be:
1. it is cc's responsibility to announce this in advance as it's a pretty major change???
2. this guild problem is caused by fuked up individuals. to not make an announcement just because of this minority is just... if you can't see anything wrong with it then I guess there's no way for me to explain it to you cuz ????
3. it's also cc's responsibility to punish those individuals in #2 and return the guild name to the original guild, which is what they did the previous time (the latter, at least) and hopefully will do this time around

I'm still shook by the fact that you're actually being serious

#25 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:08 AM

Preparation can be made to prevent loss of guild name. If your guild name is already present on both servers, you can either plan out a strategy for people to login quick and claim it or prepare an alternate name. Even if they don't announce, there will be people who will do sneaky things like shown in this thread.

CC has to announce. Can you imagine suddenly a long maintenance and suddenly everyone together? It's part of their responsibilities towards the player at a very minimum.

#26 StefSan

StefSan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3783 posts
  • NasagiChan
  • DN, Greenwood
  • KokoCrunch

Posted 14 July 2017 - 03:22 AM

View PostSot, on 14 July 2017 - 12:59 AM, said:

lol I don't even know where to begin with this...

well, a tldr version would be:
1. it is cc's responsibility to announce this in advance as it's a pretty major change???
2. this guild problem is caused by fuked up individuals. to not make an announcement just because of this minority is just... if you can't see anything wrong with it then I guess there's no way for me to explain it to you cuz ????
3. it's also cc's responsibility to punish those individuals in #2 and return the guild name to the original guild, which is what they did the previous time (the latter, at least) and hopefully will do this time around

I'm still shook by the fact that you're actually being serious

Yes I know.

The problem is long and we could discuss forever here.
That's why I just gave a Feedback/Example what could be do.
ofc the idea is not well thought and need some better/major changes

@Xenocho:
I never said they don't have to announce never.
Ofc an announcement is needed.

Edited by StefSan, 14 July 2017 - 03:24 AM.

#27 SorceressHater

SorceressHater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6988 posts
  • Save Our Last Goodbye
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:54 AM

To the stolen guild name and the short limit guild name card problems:

CC can solve both and done it before:

http://forum.cherryc...80#entry2571930

Edited by SorceressHater, 14 July 2017 - 07:55 AM.

#28 xEquation

xEquation

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5963 posts
  • PepperPoke | EonKreuz
  • DN, Holywood
  • Phyrexians | Treadstone

Posted 14 July 2017 - 09:26 AM

something major like server merge has to be announce, however imo, they shoudve prevented guild creations starting from the moment the announcement was made. at least theres only the existing duplicated guild names, and not newly created ones just to demand ransom by unethical players

#29 lennon001lee

lennon001lee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 622 posts
  • Lenoresu
  • DN, Greenwood
  • LeHAX/Epicentre/Bakazoku

Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:42 AM

Like my guild, Epicentre, every server merge i also need to send in ticket ask CC to change back for me hahahaha

#30 shynnblue

shynnblue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:03 PM

well if CC has forseen there will be a server merge, which they did, they should not have allowed same guild names to exist across different servers, like how we are unable to create same name characters on different server.

Now that the harm is done the best solution is for them to work this out on a case by case basis and invalidate the guild names that have been snatched, say within 24 hours of server merge, by low level guilds with very little members.

#31 PawHammer

PawHammer

• 1121 posts
  • PawMimi
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Dreamfarer

Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:07 PM

No updates on this issue and others yet, I'll keep you posted!

#32 Bunbuni

Bunbuni

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 06:28 PM

View PostStefSan, on 14 July 2017 - 12:40 AM, said:

yes.. i am serious.

@PawHammer:
The only thing I want is... a Guild Name Change Item which allows me to use 15 characters max.
and not only 10 (since if you create a new guild. max. char limit is 15)

Not announcing a server merge would be stupid. Pardon the word stupid but it is plainly stupid. It's like sleeping on your house and when you wake up your neighbor's house is also your house.

It's not CC's fault that your guild name was taken by some ignorant pests. I hate these people so much since my guild name was also stolen.

On behalf of those guild name kidnappers, I agree that this is some good business you're doing (clap)

#33 Bunbuni

Bunbuni

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 06:30 PM

View Postshynnblue, on 14 July 2017 - 01:03 PM, said:

well if CC has forseen there will be a server merge, which they did, they should not have allowed same guild names to exist across different servers, like how we are unable to create same name characters on different server.

Now that the harm is done the best solution is for them to work this out on a case by case basis and invalidate the guild names that have been snatched, say within 24 hours of server merge, by low level guilds with very little members.

best solution so far.

but I wish change name cards were free during merge or daily log-in though  (T.T)

#34 Junshue

Junshue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Horoscope

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:22 PM

My guild name was taken too after the update in the past. CC never responded to my guild name change request. Not liking the number at the end of my guild name.

CC, please change back my guild name to its original name.

Edited by Junshue, 28 July 2017 - 12:28 PM.