Jump to content


One Way To Ease The Burden On Server Channel.


  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 shynnblue

shynnblue

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:34 PM

As we all know after the server merge there has been lag issues because of server congestion. Many people complain about lag and disconnects, but these are mostly the players who play on channel 1, as they like the convenience of being able access the trade community, the nest community and the dungeon-ing community (DQ,nm etc) all at the same time.

But this is of course not the optimum way to ensure smooth game play since this "all in one" approach will make the channel extremely laggy and jerky.

One way that i think might help ease the burden on server channel, might be for the players to come to a consensus to log in to different channels for different purpose. For example, we can designate channel one as our "official" trade channel, players who want to spam WTB and WTS can all log in to channel 1. then we can designate channel 2 as our official nesting channel and channel 3 as the official dungeon-ing channel for DQ and nm etc.

i believe this will ease the burden on individual channels, and improve the smoothness of the game for players but at the same time allowing players access to the community for the activities they need to participate in.

#2 Sot

Sot

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:49 PM

that'd be nice but difficult to implement hmmm

#3 PencilNote

PencilNote

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Grayasf
  • DN, Holywood
  • AKA "Zero"

Posted 16 July 2017 - 06:19 PM

Posted Image

#4 Xenocho

Xenocho

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3561 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 16 July 2017 - 06:23 PM

Its more of between a discussion between large guilds on whether they are willing to switch to other channels to gather. Channel 1 will always be the pub channel and will not change but other than that, players can be spread across other channels with hope of easing the burden.

#5 PencilNote

PencilNote

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Grayasf
  • DN, Holywood
  • AKA "Zero"

Posted 16 July 2017 - 06:30 PM

In serious note of this, what you're offering is merely an ideal solution to players who would actually care enough to do this.

Even if the forum members do reach a conclusion on which channel is which, the thing is, Channel 1 has always (and will always be) the #1 channel for, well, everything. Eventually, the forum members will have to revert back to its original state because that's just how it was and how it will be.

Good idea in the short run, highly implausible in the long run.

#6 shynnblue

shynnblue

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 06:39 PM

View PostSot, on 16 July 2017 - 05:49 PM, said:

that'd be nice but difficult to implement hmmm

I agree, this cannot be achieved by an overnight effort. It normally requires the spread of word through ingame chat such as guil chat etc, and then initiating a chain reaction. But that's if everyone can agree that a more stable server or channel outweighs the convenience of an "all in one" channel.

Even though i'm giving this suggestion, but the idea is hardly original and not mine. It just happens that one of the game I've played in the distant past is facing the same situation (they actually had a global merge) and somehow, the players applied this method by themselves, without anyone suggesting as though the whole community is the same consciousness. And It worked out well.

In fact, once they achieved designating channels for different purpose, it is almost impossible to reverse the effect because the pub themselves want a smoother channel too. So it is unlike pubs are all unthinking people.

I'm not saying this Is the best idea and we must do this, but I thought I'll just share it out and see what you guys think about it.

Edited by shynnblue, 16 July 2017 - 06:44 PM.


#7 BananaCredit

BananaCredit

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:03 PM

This is just an ideal ideology, just like communism. It sounds good, but nearly impossible to be implemented, especially with SEA cancers.

Let say, we had agreed on the channel-purposes lists, but how many people would know about that? How many players would actually bother to take their time to come to this forum and read the post? Seeing from the repeating appearances of "DPS list" and "Returned Hero player" threads, as well as the in-game bluebirds asking something asked in forum, I would say that 90% of the players did not come to this forum, and most of the remaining 10% will not even read most of the threads in this forum.

Of course, I have a suggestion on increasing the possibility of implementation, however this require the GM/dev assistance. How about create some channels named according to the purposes? Eg: Nesting Channel, Trading Channel, Dungeon/DQ Channel, etc, followed by the usual Channel 1, 2...

#8 shynnblue

shynnblue

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:37 PM

View PostBananaCredit, on 16 July 2017 - 09:03 PM, said:

This is just an ideal ideology, just like communism. It sounds good, but nearly impossible to be implemented, especially with SEA cancers.

Let say, we had agreed on the channel-purposes lists, but how many people would know about that? How many players would actually bother to take their time to come to this forum and read the post? Seeing from the repeating appearances of "DPS list" and "Returned Hero player" threads, as well as the in-game bluebirds asking something asked in forum, I would say that 90% of the players did not come to this forum, and most of the remaining 10% will not even read most of the threads in this forum.

Of course, I have a suggestion on increasing the possibility of implementation, however this require the GM/dev assistance. How about create some channels named according to the purposes? Eg: Nesting Channel, Trading Channel, Dungeon/DQ Channel, etc, followed by the usual Channel 1, 2...

well in my opinion, if the players come to a consensus on their own accord, then that would be the direct opposite of weird idealism like communism, because communism is government imposed. I already thought of the suggestion that you suggested, with the GM/devs naming some channels specifically for trade, nesting etc. Although that would obviously work, but that would indeed feel a little conformist, and closer to what communism stands for. but every solution has its pros and cons, so it isn't exactly a bad idea per se.

i do agree though that it is abit difficult to implement what i suggested in our server , exactly because of the "SEA community". Since it is generally not very cooperative with each other, unlike the other communities out there.

edit: anyway, off topic, communism isn't exactly impossible to implement since there are many communist countries. one reason why we have such bad impression of communism is because of western influence and propaganda, trying to promote their their own ideology as the superior one. but whether it is good or bad in an objective sense is still a question for debate.

Edited by shynnblue, 16 July 2017 - 09:53 PM.


#9 MintyFrost

MintyFrost

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:49 PM

What are sea cancers?

#10 shynnblue

shynnblue

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:11 PM

View PostMintyFrost, on 16 July 2017 - 09:49 PM, said:

What are sea cancers?

generally referring to the toxic behaviors of the SEA players.

#11 Cyl3erunion

Cyl3erunion

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts
  • CyberRUBY
  • DN, Holywood
  • ♡me♡yu-LoliKnight

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:56 PM

Communism is actually a pretty neat ideology, if the humans in charge are immune to being/becoming corrupt. Which unfortunately happened to all communist states to date.

#12 shynnblue

shynnblue

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 11:10 PM

I'm thinking maybe devs can also implement things like.. more exp for dungeons (maybe 20% more exp for DQ?), or slightly better drop rates from nests (maybe 10%?) on some of the less congested channel similar to how they implement more exp right now for certain level range, to encourage players to spread out across all channels.

only one small problem: i don't think the KR devs care (oo;)

Edited by shynnblue, 16 July 2017 - 11:10 PM.


#13 PencilNote

PencilNote

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Grayasf
  • DN, Holywood
  • AKA "Zero"

Posted 16 July 2017 - 11:59 PM

View Postshynnblue, on 16 July 2017 - 11:10 PM, said:

I'm thinking maybe devs can also implement things like.. more exp for dungeons (maybe 20% more exp for DQ?), or slightly better drop rates from nests (maybe 10%?) on some of the less congested channel similar to how they implement more exp right now for certain level range, to encourage players to spread out across all channels.

only one small problem: i don't think the KR devs care (oo;)
All you'll be doing is making them switch channels temporarily.

#14 vladd

vladd

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:18 AM

this server not stable again.. in game more lag,delay and dc everytime. better before the merge server. i think because of player have more id doing login and logout. its make this server full of trash id for event cronicle. totaly RIP (T.T) (T.T) (T.T)

#15 shynnblue

shynnblue

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:25 AM

View PostPencilNote, on 16 July 2017 - 11:59 PM, said:

All you'll be doing is making them switch channels temporarily.

Actually that's good enough, it's the average that counts. but i really don't think they would implement something like this just for us SEA servers.

#16 BananaCredit

BananaCredit

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:47 AM

View Postshynnblue, on 16 July 2017 - 09:37 PM, said:

well in my opinion, if the players come to a consensus on their own accord, then that would be the direct opposite of weird idealism like communism, because communism is government imposed. I already thought of the suggestion that you suggested, with the GM/devs naming some channels specifically for trade, nesting etc. Although that would obviously work, but that would indeed feel a little conformist, and closer to what communism stands for. but every solution has its pros and cons, so it isn't exactly a bad idea per se.

i do agree though that it is abit difficult to implement what i suggested in our server , exactly because of the "SEA community". Since it is generally not very cooperative with each other, unlike the other communities out there.

edit: anyway, off topic, communism isn't exactly impossible to implement since there are many communist countries. one reason why we have such bad impression of communism is because of western influence and propaganda, trying to promote their their own ideology as the superior one. but whether it is good or bad in an objective sense is still a question for debate.
I guess we are discussing about how the idea of separating players according to purposes to different channel to reduce lag and spike isnt it, not the pros and cons right?

As mentioned by you, SEA is very not cooperative and is very cancerous/toxic, unless GM/dev come in and do some forcing measures. Let say something that people commonly agreed on, for example the IDN HC SVC. Nowadays it costs like 3kg, but some players complained that this is capitalism and demand lower prices, although they don know we spent many time and golds to reach the svc runner level. Hence, there are always people complaining anyway, so why not go for the most realist way?

Off topic: I would say ALL ideology has their own good and bad, and the political systems kept changing with the public's mindset and level of educations. Communism is "ideal" with their assumption of "nation leader is fair and clear", but what happened? Nation leaders misuses the ideology for their own good just because it is human in-built configuration for not being fair and clear.

#17 Jojizone

Jojizone

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Jojizone
  • DN, Westwood
  • RavenCreed

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:21 AM

This is a great idea, however, it has a down side to every activity you will do. Specifically switching channels for a specific activity is quite bothersome and to add to that, DN SEA has a cancerous bunch of people, I'm pointing to some of the people of my Nationality, The Peenoise squad. You notice the blue bird attack abd spamming our people do? If you see a "anghelina", "Bobo", or "Pakyu" that is a sign the shouter is a Peenoy. You know why I'm saying this? Because almost a quarter of the players are from PH, and I'm not saying this to demonize my race, but some of us are undisciplined and doesn't even tend to lend an ear. Even so, not all people browse the forums for them to be able to know what is and what not. If ever this will be implemented, I think we will need a help from the higher ups, I'm talking about King Cassius.. Lol joke (lol)
We need help from the Cherry credits themselves. But I'm down for this!! Because I fakking witnessed and experienced the severity of being disconnected from the server several times because of the heavy load from the channel (sob)

Edit: Daaamn, son. The word Putaena mo becane Anghelina. Wow CC (clap)

Edited by Jojizone, 17 July 2017 - 01:24 AM.


#18 shynnblue

shynnblue

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:22 AM

View PostBananaCredit, on 17 July 2017 - 12:47 AM, said:

I guess we are discussing about how the idea of separating players according to purposes to different channel to reduce lag and spike isnt it, not the pros and cons right?

As mentioned by you, SEA is very not cooperative and is very cancerous/toxic, unless GM/dev come in and do some forcing measures. Let say something that people commonly agreed on, for example the IDN HC SVC. Nowadays it costs like 3kg, but some players complained that this is capitalism and demand lower prices, although they don know we spent many time and golds to reach the svc runner level. Hence, there are always people complaining anyway, so why not go for the most realist way?


For the first section, i'm not sure exactly what you are asking. when we discuss about ideas are we not interested in its pros and cons?

First and foremost, just to make things clear, i said SEA community is generally less cooperative on the whole, i did not say they are cancer and toxic, i only provided MintyFrost a definition on what SEA cancer generally means. In fact i do not agree on any of that cancer and toxic stuff. It is just disrespectful to a whole group of people. Just because SEA people have a different culture that outsiders dont easily understand doesn't automatically make them cancer and toxic. As for the realist way, that will also depend on whether the devs are going to step in.

And lets say if devs step in, actually i feel that simply naming channels for trade or nest etc isn't really fully appropriate. It's kinda like forcing players and telling them what to do and on which server. personally, its mildly degrading for me if they do that. I think in addition to just naming the servers, It is better to give some perks for going to these channels like if there's a nesting channel, give it a slight drop rates boost, or perhaps exp boost for dungeon channels, no boost for trade channel, etc.

this way it can decrease the average load on the main channel drastically, and prevent a "1 server, 1 channel" trend in Dragon nest.

Edited by shynnblue, 17 July 2017 - 01:36 AM.


#19 MrLeoLeo

MrLeoLeo

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 02:56 PM

I have to agree. We need to do something. It has been harder for me to run nests because despite the increased number of channels, everyone still flocks channel 1 for party recruitment. Be it daily quest, nests or nightmare, they are all in channel 1.
Also, only few people know how to use the party list search function, so even if I make my own party and stay on a less crowded channel it will take ages before someone joins in. I can't waste messenger birds for party shouts as I'm one of those poor players who only grinds to get my gears, I gotta save my gold for them OP gears, you know!

I don't know why people are so negative about this suggestion. Surely, we can do something. People are sheep after all.
Spoiler


Point is, if we start doing this, soon enough, everyone will just go along. Not everyone reads the forums alright but there are guild masters in this forum, they can start by telling their guild members. Spread the word, facebook groups about dragon nest tradings, facebook pages that targets dragon nest players. Influential/popular players can help spread the idea.

Because simply disagreeing on a solution for a problem won't help at all.

Edited by MrLeoLeo, 18 July 2017 - 04:08 PM.


#20 xsnakebitesx

xsnakebitesx

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • SnakeBiteZ
  • DN, Holywood
  • XXX

Posted 18 July 2017 - 03:59 PM

A suggestion is better than spamming off the topic comments and I do appreciate your Idea shynnblue. Though to good to be true, but anyone can give it a try, you wouldn't know the result until a few have tried it or if it doesn't do much harm why not try it, all that needs to be done is a consensus from the players to which channel to have its sole purpose or if possible the DN developers can help by forcing a specific server to be a Raiding channel by disabling Trading options on TH, likewise force a channel to be a Trading section by disabling party creation and nest on that channel.

Else do not complain about lag especially if you are in a congested channel + using a prehistoric PC + a turtle net.